Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:24:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 157963 times)
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2006, 12:49:37 AM »

I think this will spread around the music media and be reported on, even if it was just sent to Jarmo.

are you kidding me? ?This shit will be all over the media first thing tomorrow morning. ?I've posted it everywhere. ? hihi

Some say it's hairy, others say it's scary
I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
EFISH
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2006, 12:49:48 AM »

I love how we know this crazy news now, and it's still about 8 hours away before the rest of the world does! AHHA!  peace
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2006, 12:49:58 AM »

Kudos to Axl for releasing this.

It's fantastic to get an update like that. ? ?It's not "good" news. ? The album is not coming out this year. ? But fuck, at least NOW we know something, and I'm glad to hear it. ?

Would you rather have it never come out?

COME ON PEOPLE! ?FUCK! ?AXL GIVES YOU THE FIRST RELEASE DATE EVER, AND YOU BITCH? ?THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. ?

CD IS COMING OUT! ?IT CAME STRAIGHT FROM AXL!

Dude - this is the kind of thing it sounds like he wants to avoid.

It's NOT a firm release date.

"Good" news would have been "As promised, Chi Dem is appearing in stores Dec 19th - before the end of the year".

I'm not suggesting it's bad news either. ? I'm suggesting that it's awesome that we have news, let's not get our hopes up, let's be patient and see what happens.

Tentative March 6th. ? Every time you write March 6th, write "tentative" in front of it, because that's what it is.

Axl correspondence = Awesome
March 6th = Tentative.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2006, 12:51:26 AM »

Videos!!!!!!!!!!!! ?Oh fuck yes!!! ?Yes, there will be a single, there'd have to be! ?I was seriously hoping for a December 19th release, but there was no time for promotion! ?The wheels are getting set in motion!!!! ?Chinese Democracy will get it's proper presentation. ? love ?love ?love ?love ?love ?love ?love ? beer

Long live Guns N' Fucking Roses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ? beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2006, 12:51:34 AM »

This is great news.  I feel like a huge weight has been lifted... AND if anything this line actually says a lot...

It takes approximately 8 weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons it appears it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this could be condensed to three.

Does that means more than likely the album is in the can?  Probably.  I would imagine we're looking at a single in the next week or two.  Maybe pre-orders on itunes by the end of January.

I will say...an announcement of a release date by the end of 2006 is an acceptable alernate to the album's release...even if it gets pushed a few weeks.  Mad props to Axl for coming through his promise of definite news by the end of the year.

At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Also, excellent letter by Axl.  Extremely well-written.  Let's hope he writes his own biography in the future.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2006, 12:52:54 AM »

It's fantastic to get an update like that. ? ?It's not "good" news. ? The album is not coming out this year. ? But fuck, at least NOW we know something, and I'm glad to hear it. ?

COME ON PEOPLE! ?FUCK! ?AXL GIVES YOU THE FIRST RELEASE DATE EVER, AND YOU BITCH? ?THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. ?

"Good" news would have been "As promised, Chi Dem is appearing in stores Dec 19th - before the end of the year".

I'm not suggesting it's bad news either. ? I'm suggesting that it's awesome that we have news, let's not get our hopes up, let's be patient and see what happens.

Tentative March 6th. ? Every time you write March 6th, write "tentative" in front of it, because that's what it is.

March 6th = Tentative.

BUT, he gave it!  And he wouldn't have if it wasn't happening!  Come on, quit yer bitchin!   peace

I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2006, 12:53:56 AM »

This is great news.? I feel like a huge weight has been lifted... AND if anything this line actually says a lot...

It takes approximately 8 weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons it appears it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this could be condensed to three.

Does that means more than likely the album is in the can?? Probably.? I would imagine we're looking at a single in the next week or two.? Maybe pre-orders on itunes by the end of January.

I will say...an announcement of a release date by the end of 2006 is an acceptable alernate to the album's release...even if it gets pushed a few weeks.? Mad props to Axl for coming through his promise of definite news by the end of the year.

At least there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Also, excellent letter by Axl.? Extremely well-written.? Let's hope he writes his own biography in the future.

Yes, it means CD is done, or increadibly close.  Within 2 weeks the ball will be rolling. 

I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2006, 12:54:40 AM »

March 6th = Tentative.

BUT, he gave it!? And he wouldn't have if it wasn't happening!? Come on, quit yer bitchin!? ?peace

I'm happy - three cheers to Axl. ? Like I said, he gave us info and that's fucking awesome. ? ?I'm just gonna wait for final confirmation of a release date before getting TOO excitied, that's all. ?We've all been around this merry-go-round before. ?

It could be sooner than March 6th or it could be later. ? At least we have a tentative date, and that's fucking awesome.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2006, 12:54:53 AM »

Yes, it means CD is done, or increadibly close.  Within 2 weeks the ball will be rolling. 

Seems as though it IS done, and they're doing vids and prepping for other promotion.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2006, 12:55:10 AM »

You poeple who just ruin this for us who are happy right now, please go away for now.

I just wanna party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  beer  beer  beer  beer  beer
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2006, 12:56:31 AM »

Does that means more than likely the album is in the can?? Probably.? I would imagine we're looking at a single in the next week or two.? Maybe pre-orders on itunes by the end of January.

I was just thinking about this... if it takes 8 weeks, then the album must be in the can by January 6th... ?Those additions and contract negotiations are probably "scheduled" from now until January 6th, meaning we should have a firm release date or news of a delay by the end of the second week in January... ?After that, they'll probably do what most bands do... turn the album in around the second week of January, and then shoot the video or whatever during that week they were supposed to play shows... ?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2006, 12:56:38 AM »

You poeple who just ruin this for us who are happy right now, please go away for now.

I just wanna party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  beer  beer  beer  beer  beer

Preach on, sister!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2006, 12:57:55 AM »

This is time to rejoice people...relax...the tension over the last month can be put to rest...stop pissing in peoples Corn Flakes. ? peace ?GN'R will OWN 2007!!!! ?ok

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2006, 12:59:58 AM »

I will say...an announcement of a release date by the end of 2006 is an acceptable alernate to the album's release...even if it gets pushed a few weeks. Mad props to Axl for coming through his promise of definite news by the end of the year.

It seems to me the album's launch will get rolling in 2007...  Let them fix things up the first few weeks of January and then get moving.

I'm sure some of that includes going over the video footage of the band for the "Better" music video.  Tongue
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2006, 01:00:38 AM »

imo, this makes tomorrows performance more ..how you say electric !
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2006, 01:00:47 AM »

Another consideration for those unhappy with the news is that while March 6th is the tentative release date, there should be plenty of Chinese Democracy-related activity in the interim.  Were sure to hear a single before March, the album cover should be floating around soon enough, and hopefully well see a decent amount of press.  Axl alluded to the process in the letter.  Eight weeks, the amount of time Axl says the label will have to roll out the album, means the process should begin sometime next month.   
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2006, 01:00:54 AM »

Hey Baz, now we know the release date too! ? rofl ?Sorry, couldn't resist

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2006, 01:00:59 AM »

My only regret is that I can't get drunk and force my wife to listen to it on New Year's Eve beer

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2006, 01:02:28 AM »

imo, this makes tomorrows performance more ..how you say electric !

good point.  i hope he says something about it. it would be weird if he didnt.
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2006, 01:02:56 AM »

March 6th = Tentative.

BUT, he gave it!? And he wouldn't have if it wasn't happening!? Come on, quit yer bitchin!? ?peace

what are you talkin about, haha?! he gave the "it'll come out this yr" thing too. ?and what do we all know about that now?...just think about it

Now we have a date. ?That's never happened before.

I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: