Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:49:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158060 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2006, 12:39:01 AM »

I don't know what to say....In a way I am happy, but I am also saddened and worried that March 6th will come and pass. I am going to take a break for a while guys. I'll be back in a few months around the release date. Until then enjoy the gossip and rumors I am sure we will hear about.

Take care,
Gunner17

While the album is set to come out on March 6th, it seems they have promotion planned to build up until then... You're gonna bail and miss out on all of that action? ? no
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2006, 12:39:25 AM »

grammy press page

www.grammy.com

December 14, 2006   "MY GRAMMY? MOMENT" DEBUTS AS UNSIGNED ARTISTS VIE FOR PERFORMANCE SLOT ON 49TH ANNUAL GRAMMY AWARDS FEB. 11, 2007

see .........they grab unsigned bands to play , they havent won a award.They didnt get nominated.
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2006, 12:39:30 AM »

Personally, I feel relieved... all we ever wanted was some communication... ?It's also nice to see that the album will get all the attention it deserves... ?Thanks Axl - you're the man. ? ok
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2006, 12:40:41 AM »

I don't know what to say....In a way I am happy, but I am also saddened and worried that March 6th will come and pass. I am going to take a break for a while guys. I'll be back in a few months around the release date. Until then enjoy the gossip and rumors I am sure we will hear about.

Take care,
Gunner17

While the album is set to come out on March 6th, it seems they have promotion planned to build up until then... You're gonna bail and miss out on all of that action?   no
I agree with this. It would seem that next few weeks are gonna be very exciting!

Posters, signage in stores, magazine ads, single and maybe a video. All of this has to be spread out over the coming weeks.

Very exciting to look forward to!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2006, 12:40:48 AM »

As someone who believed 2006 was the year, let me say that I couldn't be more pleased to hear that March 2007 may be the lucky month! 

It's very nice to hear what's been going on, and I'm also glad to see that 99% of those who've responded on here have been very positive (as opposed to all the accusations of lying, etc., that have plagued the rumor thread).  It's good that he explained the basic business side of it, so we can use that as a baseline for future speculations.  hihi

I'm also thrilled to see this album will get the proper treatment.  While getting it suddenly in December would have been very satisfying for the hardcore fans, this album truly deserves the full promo package.  I don't want it to be a great album.  I want it to grab listeners by the balls (or metaphorical balls, ladies Grin) and skull rape all the boy bands, emo, and generally worthless, all from the same mold crap that is currently infesting the airways. 

I'm sad to see they'll have to cancel some shows, but I can't imagine they won't revisit some of those locations (esp San Diego), and I'm glad that they're working on a video, so that we can, ideally, hear a finished track sometime, hopefully, in February.  At the end of the day, I'm just happy to put to rest all the nonsense speculation and conspiracy theories.  We can now focus on what's truly important: the music! 

It's Rock N' Roll, folks, and it don't go by the books sometimes.  But the letter from Axl rocked, and Merck's head rolled...good enough for me!  Can't wait for March and a single.  Now I need a fuckin' beer. beer 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2006, 12:41:15 AM »

Just some hints to people:

- If you don't like the idea of having a tentative release date - take a break. Come back when there's a final one. Maybe check in again in March to see what's going on.

- If you feel like you have to say something negative about someone in this thread - take a break. Log out. Calm down. Write it on a piece of paper if it helps. But don't bother us with that shit.

- If you're upset about having your show cancelled - I'm sorry, but this isn't the place to went your frustration.

We really don't need your negativity right now.

Lots of things are happening at once.

/jarmo
Any idea when the official website will have his letter on it?  And can you confirm Merck is gone??!
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2006, 12:41:43 AM »

Take care,
Gunner17

While the album is set to come out on March 6th, it seems they have promotion planned to build up until then... You're gonna bail and miss out on all of that action? ? no

I just don't feel like going through the whole process again like (we) did this fall. Granted there wasn't any promotion but the anticipation, rumors, stories...I just want to not worry about this album for a while.
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2006, 12:42:15 AM »

This is great news.  Fuck anyone who thinks it isn't.   yes

Some say it's hairy, others say it's scary
I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2006, 12:42:21 AM »

Kudos to Axl for releasing this.

It's fantastic to get an update like that. ? ?It's not "good" news. ? The album is not coming out this year. ? But fuck, at least NOW we know something, and I'm glad to hear it. ?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2006, 12:42:47 AM »

A lot of excuses were made for the band and its management in the last few weeks, but this is exactly what the so-called naysayers wanted.  "Why should they give explanations?" some asked, "People will just call them liars."  No.  This is exactly the kind of honesty many fans have hoped for.  Things didnt work out the way they had hoped and the plan has changed, thats perfectly fine.  Axl has leveled with the fans and I think nearly everyone is satisfied with that.  And it turned out some of those naysayers that received so much criticism from other posters were actually close to the mark; it seems Axl himself shares Naupis' suspicion about the album buzz being generated to sell tickets.

Im very glad to finally see a release date as well.  To those doubtful of the March 6th date, thats perfectly understandable.  The key difference, however, is that this is the first official release date give.  They made the proper considerations for its release and have finally announced it unlike any previous occassion.  Thats a huge difference, and Im confident that theyll make the date...although I could see it pushed back a week or two.  This is good news and everyone should be glad.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2006, 12:43:02 AM »

What day was Appetite released?Huh 20 years later we will have a new Guns album and a new VR album damn 2007 is gonna be a fucking amazing year!

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2006, 12:44:38 AM »

OMG!! this is awesome.  whooooooooooooooooo.  i can't believe it's official. bring on march 6th.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!

Grin

It's not official, buddy...read the beginning and end of that run-on sentence. It's not a promise, a lie or a guarantee.

And really, this whole CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!! thing is...sad.

I'm still glad he finally spoke out...but don't get your hopes up just yet.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2006, 12:45:00 AM »

Was this message sent specifically to HTGTH?

I wonder if music websites like MTV and Billboard will mention this or wait until the release date is set in stone...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2006, 12:45:54 AM »

so does this mean we get a single in Feb?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
chinese69illusions
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2006, 12:45:59 AM »

I know many of you are excited about this letter but in all ohnesty it gives a glimpse of what hell has been going on. We will never know the true hell the band and all involved know though. I would like to thank Axl for the letter and I also wish him and the band happy holidays.

P.S. I loved getting to see you all in Cleveland this year it was a great show some sound problems but it did nto ruin the show at all by any means. beer

?You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.?
Saikin
Headliner

Legend in the Making

« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2006, 12:46:13 AM »

Kudos to Axl for releasing this.

It's fantastic to get an update like that. ? ?It's not "good" news. ? The album is not coming out this year. ? But fuck, at least NOW we know something, and I'm glad to hear it. ?

Would you rather have it never come out?

COME ON PEOPLE! ?FUCK! ?AXL GIVES YOU THE FIRST RELEASE DATE EVER, AND YOU BITCH? ?THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. ?

CD IS COMING OUT! ?IT CAME STRAIGHT FROM AXL!

Some say it's hairy, others say it's scary
I call it Sidedish

www.gunsnthejungle.com
badapple81
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2006, 12:46:21 AM »

I think this will spread around the music media and be reported on, even if it was just sent to Jarmo.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2006, 12:47:14 AM »

Fucking....amazing.

Just...wow.

Just...

ITS TIME FOR A SEXY PARTY!  Grin

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2006, 12:47:32 AM »

For 85% of that letter I was completely infuriated, but when I got to the part about naming a tentative release date I quickly cheered up.  In the end, that's all I (and may others, I'm sure) ever wanted to hear from Axl ...

Now, for the love of God, can you actually follow up on that idea of prompt updates if plans change?  Please?  It's not the delays themselves that have frustrated me the most, it's the delays in publicizing the information regarding the delays.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
GeraldFord
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2006, 12:49:10 AM »

Hmm. March 6 is right around the corner, so I guess we would get the single around Feb?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: