Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:39:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 160026 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #980 on: February 19, 2007, 03:50:21 PM »

I'm really not going to be suprised if the March 6th date is still on the website on March 7th and beyond.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
mr self destruct
Headliner

That's not stardust on my feet

« Reply #981 on: February 19, 2007, 04:14:34 PM »

I'm really not going to be suprised if the March 6th date is still on the website on March 7th and beyond.

I will put my bet on that they will do the same kind of trick that they did to us when they first said that there was gonna be some footage from the Sunrise gig, then suddenly there was that Del James article and none what so ever mention of that live footage ever again...

Every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun.
tad82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #982 on: February 19, 2007, 05:41:08 PM »

I saw an old Maxim in my room the other day and flipped through it...  It was a 2003 issue or something like that.  There was  a picture of mummified corpses sitting in a ditch with the caption "A line of Guns N' Roses fans waiting for Axl to release the new album" or something like that.

rofl rofl rofl

damn, that's funny as hell, i was really cracking up when i was trying to imagine that pic... hihi

btw, maybe you can scan it and upload here?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 05:52:33 PM by tad82 » Logged
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #983 on: February 20, 2007, 03:38:55 AM »

Axl wrote a letter on Dec 14th, saying the album would have a tentative release date of March 6th, and the website continues to have this posted online. Axl said that this was not a promise, and that fans would be contacted as soon as they could not make this date, and to date there has been no word from Axl. Axl also said that fans would be made aware the minute this date was official, and again, no word has been given on this.

Bumblefoot, the bands Guitarist, has said (in interviews with podcasts) that he has recorded his parts for the album well over a month ago now in New York City and that he also believes the album to be finished

Guns N Roses shop has been updated with new merchandise and the website looks to be getting updated (or at least watched) regularly

Tommy Stintson couldnt make the bands only public apperance of 2007 thus far, rumours perhaps that there was a problem with the bassist, with Chris Pittman subbing on bass as the obviously likely replacement should there be a problem.

The band have also, at this point, not announced whether their drummer is to be replaced (and who will play drumtracks on the album - Brain or Frank)

Mexican and Japanese sites have confirmed that negotiations are ongoing with GNR management/booking to have the band play in their country and a South African Radio Station believes that the band will be doing another full scale touring schedule this year.

Guns N Roses therefore, are not going to be out of the public eye by any means, and sooner or later a studio album HAS to arrive if dates are being booked.

Of all the shows that are being recorded, surely Axl can find one that he likes to release a live DVD or CD of in the near future, and since we know for certain they were recording the tours last year on the European Leg at least then this is bound to be happening as we speak. Play.Com have a listing for Broadcasting Live, which could easily be the new live tour DVD

And finally, we know from previous interviews, that Chinese Democracy was always meant to be released when a second album was ready. Perhaps, in the spirit of Use Your Illusions, two albums will be jointly released or Chinese Democracy is released only when its follow up is finished?

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #984 on: February 20, 2007, 03:45:10 AM »

I don't know that any of that is...factually correct, and I fail to see how Tommy Stinson's not being able to play a one-off gig has anything to do with Chinese Democracy.
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #985 on: February 20, 2007, 04:02:12 AM »

march 6th seems to early, but it must be finished before they tour in april with a release around that period. that's the way i see it.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #986 on: February 20, 2007, 04:03:24 AM »

The fact that Tommy wasn't there for a 2 song set in a fashion award ceremony doesn't worry me at all. So please, stop speculate about crazy things everytime something happens.

It's been almost a year now that the band is again fully active. No need to worry at all. I don't think they will sit on their asses a lot in 2007.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #987 on: February 20, 2007, 05:09:40 AM »

I'd be very suprised if it appears on March 6th/5th, there hasn't been any of the promotion axl mentioned in his open letter yet, and its only 2 weeks away. If the record is to be promoted I would hope they would release a single a good few weeks before the album.

I just hope they haven't started booking tours again while thinking 'the albums only got a couple more days of work to finish, we'll (axl will) definitely have that done before the first tour date'. Undecided
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #988 on: February 20, 2007, 05:35:40 AM »

I hope we're not going to start believing in 'surprise' releases again and people won't still be left wondering if CD will appear on the morning of March 6th. Merck's been sacked, that kind of nonsense is a thing of the past? ok

Late April is the earliest we can hope for at this juncture.
akaxl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #989 on: February 20, 2007, 05:38:17 AM »

In my opinion

no promotion+no rumours+no single+nothing confirmed+no airplay+15days to go=no album 6th march
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #990 on: February 20, 2007, 05:39:25 AM »

Maybe promotion will start March 6th ?

Or we'll have a single + video out that day. So that we have something real in our hands.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Laz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #991 on: February 20, 2007, 05:44:31 AM »

i`ll be happy with a single and video in march and than the album by june:) but i dont think we will get the album by march 6.
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #992 on: February 20, 2007, 05:51:56 AM »

rofl rofl rofl

Live N' Let Die
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #993 on: February 20, 2007, 05:58:42 AM »

Maybe promotion will start March 6th ?

Or we'll have a single + video out that day. So that we have something real in our hands.

I believe promotion will start on or around March 6th. Doubt album will be released unless some heavy shit is advertised as of tonight.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #994 on: February 20, 2007, 05:59:52 AM »

CD won't come out before Fall or late Fall.  no  I'm not sure about the year though.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #995 on: February 20, 2007, 07:01:44 AM »

I just hope for an update on the status before or on March 6th. Changing the subject slightly, do you think theres a new manager now? Someone must be booking these tour dates.
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #996 on: February 20, 2007, 07:15:39 AM »

I just hope for an update on the status before or on March 6th. Changing the subject slightly, do you think theres a new manager now? Someone must be booking these tour dates.

I dont think March 6th can pass wthout some word/statement from Axl, if good or bad. He will get a massive backlash imo. He cant give a tentative date and say if that date is changed the fans will be kept informed, for that date then to pass with no news. March 6th is gone in my mind but as long as we get some news about the current status, and not this 'soon' or 'tentative' stuff again, i will be happy. 

"to live with fortune and fame"
deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« Reply #997 on: February 20, 2007, 08:09:05 AM »

march 6th seems to early, but it must be finished before they tour in april with a release around that period. that's the way i see it.

hilarious.  rofl  hasn't stopped them before.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #998 on: February 20, 2007, 08:43:54 AM »

Depends if they are thinking this is a continuation of the last tour or a new tour I suppose. There again hasnt the Chinese Democracy world tour been going on since 2002?
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #999 on: February 20, 2007, 09:05:31 AM »

i`ll be happy with a single and video in march and than the album by june:) but i dont think we will get the album by march 6.

I'd be happy with that scenario, but, I dont think that we'll get the single before mid spring, and album would probably be out in june.
I guess they'll re-do the 2001 release scenario.
back then they said the single will be out in spring, and album on june 19th I think.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: