Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:56:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228125 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 147680 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #960 on: February 18, 2007, 11:03:21 PM »

I don't understand why you people get so whiney and pent up about something you have absolutely no control over.

When it's ready, it'll be released. End of.

So we should just lock this topic and every other with a similar theme?

They do because they care. Some handle it in different ways.

Why do you care if people get whiney and pent up?

Because its annoying to go into every thread and read the same old whiny bullshit.

If we didn't come here and complain about them continually letting us down with there lack of info and bullshit cryptic nonsense, what would you read ? 
It's not like there's any news, any release dates, any "here's where we are with things"....nothing !

Everyone who visits these boards has a right to be pissed off. If Axl can't find his "muse" with the new guys, maybe he seriously should consider reconciling with Slash and Duff.

At least back in the day, we were getting an album every few years, and they all kicked ass !

/bringbackadler

I'd rather read nothing than your stupid bullshit.  If you knew anything you'd know that the problems with the album are far wider then just getting the music down on record.  There's a bunch of legal shit to happen too. If people want to be pissed off then fine, but do it in the Frustration Thread in Dead Horse. There's no need to turn every damn thread into something negative. Its fucking annoying. Even when they do something positive it always gets turned into negative.  If I had fans and they were like that then I woulnd say shit to them either.

P.S.- The music we've heard is fucking amazing so we need not to worry about the quality of the music that this band is recording.
And by the way, get over your obsession with a reunion. It aint happing anytime soon.

Hey, if you would rather read nothing instead of our complaints then leave and don't bother clicking on the threads or visiting the forum, no one is forcing you to read anything, and to be honest, there is nothing else to write about because the band hasn't done anything for us to write about. Are you so bored that you have to come here and trash the people who actually like th eband enough to want a new album from them?

What the fuck are you talking about? Yeah some fans you are, everything they do is never right. You guys always turn something positive into something negative. Most recently, go check out the Fashion awards thing. And believe me, I want the album just as much if not more than any of you. But sorry, I wont resort to 2 year old fuckin cry baby bullshit.

Maybe since you are a non complaining "fan", Axl will bring you your album before the rest of us.   ok

So, they're still being held up w/ " legal shit, huh?    no Yeah, you're right. It has nothing to do w/ the fact that Axl isn't turning over the record.

If you plan on coming back w/ "you don't know that", ..... that's funny !

Like the other guy said, if this thread is to much for you, there's other threads to read. All of these are fair complaints, not bashing.   ok

/bringbackadler

Jab it dude. Whos talking about getting an album first. Roll Eyes
I never said that Axl turned over the record, I said that there are negotiations still to be resolved, or in other words, legal shit. He clearly stated this in the letter, maybe you should go back and read it again.

Just because you set deadlines in your head doesnt mean you have fair complaints. Axl never stated that we would hear something by a certain day or month. So why dont you just stop assuming when things are going to happen.

Jab it ?? What in the hell is that ?  I can kind of see that it's pointless for me to try to explain anything.

This has nothing to do with this ridiculous tentative date. I never put much into that to begin with.

We're talking years worth of delays. Maybe you aren't old enough to remember ?   no

/bringbackadler

I've been here longer than you have!!!

So, what do you want for that ?

A cookie ?

/bringbackadler

No it means dont talk to me about delays and shit. Believe me, I've been through just like everyone else. Still no reason to be a baby about it.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #961 on: February 18, 2007, 11:07:55 PM »

No reason to get immature or anything, Again we all love GNR, just let people have their opinions.  Calling people "babies" and resorting to "I have been here longer" or "Im older" is completely childish.  some people bitch, some people follow blindly, some whine, some offer advice, some try to deseminate information.  However, we are all fans of the same band and that says a lot.  We can all agree that GNR is great, if you dont wanna hear negativity just read over it.  Lets not get this thread locked with mindless banter and argue over how long itll be till the next response or what youd do if you were manager/axl or if Britney spears is still hot without hair and being federlined and all.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #962 on: February 18, 2007, 11:10:09 PM »

No reason to get immature or anything, Again we all love GNR, just let people have their opinions.? Calling people "babies" and resorting to "I have been here longer" or "Im older" is completely childish.? some people bitch, some people follow blindly, some whine, some offer advice, some try to deseminate information.? However, we are all fans of the same band and that says a lot.? We can all agree that GNR is great, if you dont wanna hear negativity just read over it.? Lets not get this thread locked with mindless banter and argue over how long itll be till the next response or what youd do if you were manager/axl or if Britney spears is still hot without hair and being federlined and all.

I agree.

"I've been here longer than you ?" Now, that's funny !? ?hihi

/bringbackadler
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 11:12:43 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #963 on: February 18, 2007, 11:12:14 PM »

No reason to get immature or anything, Again we all love GNR, just let people have their opinions.  Calling people "babies" and resorting to "I have been here longer" or "Im older" is completely childish.  some people bitch, some people follow blindly, some whine, some offer advice, some try to deseminate information.  However, we are all fans of the same band and that says a lot.  We can all agree that GNR is great, if you dont wanna hear negativity just read over it.  Lets not get this thread locked with mindless banter and argue over how long itll be till the next response or what youd do if you were manager/axl or if Britney spears is still hot without hair and being federlined and all.

I agree.

I've been here longer than you ? Now, that's funny !   hihi

/bringbackadler

Yeah its funny cause you were trying to tell me I cant remember what happened in the past.
Headliner

Do you know where the f@*k you are?

« Reply #964 on: February 18, 2007, 11:45:19 PM »

No reason to get immature or anything, Again we all love GNR, just let people have their opinions.? Calling people "babies" and resorting to "I have been here longer" or "Im older" is completely childish.? some people bitch, some people follow blindly, some whine, some offer advice, some try to deseminate information.? However, we are all fans of the same band and that says a lot.? We can all agree that GNR is great, if you dont wanna hear negativity just read over it.? Lets not get this thread locked with mindless banter and argue over how long itll be till the next response or what youd do if you were manager/axl or if Britney spears is still hot without hair and being federlined and all.

I agree.

"I've been here longer than you ?" Now, that's funny !? ?hihi

/bringbackadler

LARS PLAYED WITH GNR IN OAKLAND ON 12/15, NOT AT THE LA SHOWS.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #965 on: February 18, 2007, 11:54:23 PM »

I agree.

"I've been here longer than you ?" Now, that's funny !   hihi

/bringbackadler

LARS PLAYED WITH GNR IN OAKLAND ON 12/15, NOT AT THE LA SHOWS.

Did I miss something? Huh
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #966 on: February 19, 2007, 10:16:39 AM »

I dont think its the same argument if the band continually does things that people can bitch about. ?i think its more than a logical gripe to say the band should not tour without an album considering many fans were screwed over when the tour was cancelled to finish the album. ?This is a message board, people write their opinions, whats sadder than people bitching, is people bitching about people bitching. ?Just let people say what they want, air their opinions, because they probably have no other place to, you know why??? Cause the majority of this world doesnt care about GNR anymore. ?If I want to talk about GNR this is the only place I can go, my friends think theyre washed up and Axl is a fat joke and they wont be interested in the band until Axl and Slash reconcile. ?As for the new music? ?Its not that amazing considering it took 13 years to make. ?It really isnt. ?I like it, but play it for non-GNR fans and they may say its good, but it doesnt blow people away. ?Its not AFD and its not epic like UYI itll be a good rock album but thats it. ?I think its funny how the people who say "Axl can do whatever he wants, lie whenever he wants etc..." are the same people who say "youre not entitled to your opinion". ?I think Axl can do whatever he wants, its his life, but I think I have the right on a message board to disagree and complain because I love GNR, I want Axl to succeed and I want this to stop being a joke.

I complain on a GNR message board because its to people who care about GNR as well and at least know whats going on. ?I offer opinions, just like I would if I didnt like a line in a song. ?I know my opinion doesnt change a thing or matter, but neither does any post about "Whats your favorite song". ?We are all on the same side here, we all love GNR. Just let people have their opinions, stop bitching about bitching.

As for not knowing if the album is done, I think its safe to assume its not turned in to the record company until we hear a word. ?They have been waiting 13 years and I am sure they dont want to wait any longer and as soon as they get it someone would hear something and some type of promotion would start. I highly doubt the album would be done and theyd sit on it and I dont think Axl would let that happen either.

Amen! that's what I'm talking about.
Donington2007
« Reply #967 on: February 19, 2007, 11:46:52 AM »

there WAS more legal bullshit to deal with otherwise we wouldnt have had confirmation that certain guitarists (or a certain guitarist) was recording tracks as of mid-january. now if everyone would calm down and use logic...... the mid-january thing combined with axl's '8 weeks' statement, you would know that theres at least a late-march timeline now. so as i said before dont expect anything on march 6th except maybe a solid release date for late march or april.

as long as theyre still booking shows like the festivals than all is good.   beer
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #968 on: February 19, 2007, 12:10:09 PM »

there WAS more legal bullshit to deal with otherwise we wouldnt have had confirmation that certain guitarists (or a certain guitarist) was recording tracks as of mid-january. now if everyone would calm down and use logic...... the mid-january thing combined with axl's '8 weeks' statement, you would know that theres at least a late-march timeline now. so as i said before dont expect anything on march 6th except maybe a solid release date for late march or april.

as long as theyre still booking shows like the festivals than all is good.? ?beer

Who are you talking about ?

Bumblefoot ??

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Donington2007
« Reply #969 on: February 19, 2007, 12:21:19 PM »

as long as theyre still booking shows like the festivals than all is good.   beer

Bumblefoot ??

/bringbackadler

there was a recent interview posted here and the guitarist said he was or just got done recording more tracks. the date of the interview put the recording at mid-january. dont remember which guitarist cuz i dont follow it all that closely.
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #970 on: February 19, 2007, 12:29:15 PM »

as long as theyre still booking shows like the festivals than all is good.? ?beer

Bumblefoot ??

/bringbackadler

there was a recent interview posted here and the guitarist said he was or just got done recording more tracks. the date of the interview put the recording at mid-january. dont remember which guitarist cuz i dont follow it all that closely.

Yeah, I'm not sure either.

I'm guessing it was probably Bumblefoot though.

/bringbackadler

Donington2007
« Reply #971 on: February 19, 2007, 12:52:36 PM »

Bumblefoot ??

/bringbackadler

Yeah, I'm not sure either.

I'm guessing it was probably Bumblefoot though.

/bringbackadler

yeah he gives the most interviews than anyone else. it might have even been that non-band dude who posted a blog saying something to the effect.

my money is also on cover art legal problems. axl used previously existing art for UYI when the mark costabi rendition of a portion of school of athens was on the cover. that went smooth. maybe not so smooth this time. michael moore had a problem cuz he wanted to put the white house on the cover of fahrenheit 911. wasnt allowed to. so he used this instead and put the white house on the actual dvd.......

masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #972 on: February 19, 2007, 01:52:40 PM »

Hmm... Axl said in the open letter that (not direct quote) "if any unseen obstacles come up in the future that might delay the release, you will be updated as soon as possible with a new release date." 

That hasn't happened...

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Donington2007
« Reply #973 on: February 19, 2007, 01:55:55 PM »

Hmm... Axl said in the open letter that (not direct quote) "if any unseen obstacles come up in the future that might delay the release, you will be updated as soon as possible with a new release date." 

That hasn't happened...

he said as soon as possible not 'immediately' or 'right after the obstacle presents itself'  hihi

i'm just guessing anyway that theres a covert art problem. dont really know. but i recall a while ago that someone with 'connections' said something about a cover art problem.
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #974 on: February 19, 2007, 01:57:02 PM »

Well since they haven't said anything regarding the release date, Its pretty obvious there's an obstacle that we have been "updated" with yet...

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #975 on: February 19, 2007, 02:29:13 PM »

Hmm... Axl said in the open letter that (not direct quote) "if any unseen obstacles come up in the future that might delay the release, you will be updated as soon as possible with a new release date."?

That hasn't happened...
i'm just guessing anyway that theres a covert art problem. dont really know. but i recall a while ago that someone with 'connections' said something about a cover art problem.

That one was dismissed by Mysteron, not true.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Donington2007
« Reply #976 on: February 19, 2007, 02:30:06 PM »

That hasn't happened...

That one was dismissed by Mysteron, not true.

thanks for the info. greatly appreciated  ok
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #977 on: February 19, 2007, 02:46:10 PM »

I really dont believe that is not possible to inform the fans about what is going on.  How can you schedule a multi-nation tour and not have the power to just write the fans and say "this is going on etc...".  Theyve had enough time to clear up legal issues on this album and if it is a cover art situation that does not mean they couldnt have a single out right now on the radio station or online.  Whatever the issue is fans will be fine with it they just would like to know whats going on.  Even if its a legal matter that they cant go into specifics on how hard would it be and how would it not be possible to be like "We are clearing up a legal matter, album was turned in, might have to do such and such etc..."  2 weeks before the "tentative" release date there should be some news about whats going on.  I just dont get why Axl wants to disconnect himself from the fans.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #978 on: February 19, 2007, 02:52:42 PM »

This is going to get really ugly in a couple of weeks.  The question now is going to be weather or not the "March 6th" tentative release date is still on the front of the website on that day.  Imagine it being March 7th and you see the March 6th date when you type in www.gunsnroses.com.  Doesn't get much sloppier than that.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #979 on: February 19, 2007, 03:35:51 PM »

By now, we've all accepted the fact that "Chinese Democracy" will not be out March 6. I am guessing that Axl hasn't publicly announced this yet because he has no idea when it will be released. You can't presume Axl has had "enough time" to work out all the details of the release. My guess is Axl will wait until the last minute before March 6 to make a corrective announcement, because right now he has nothing more to offer than "it is not coming".
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: