Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:51:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 148213 times)
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #920 on: February 18, 2007, 01:51:57 PM »

If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible

To me that means they will say as soon as possible if its a date other than March 6. ?Also when you cancel a tour to work on an album you should not go out on tour before its done. ?You can save this post, look at all my posts and throw it in my face afterwards, but this album will not be out before june and as a fan, as a person who puts money into Axl's pocket I think I have a right to make comments on the present situation. ?What do you think people do on a message board but make assumptions and discuss. ?How great would this message board be if everyone said. ?Guns N' Roses is great, Axl is the best, everything he says is the truth etc... ?You can be mad, say what you want, but I am telling you based ?on ?the facts and past experiences etc... that this album will not be out soon.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #921 on: February 18, 2007, 02:10:37 PM »

If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible

To me that means they will say as soon as possible if its a date other than March 6. 

And if you don't know the new date? Then what?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #922 on: February 18, 2007, 02:16:27 PM »

Many bands have toured while releasing an album-I think VR might have? ( I remember Slash said in Detroit concert when album is coming out) Axl is not manning the cash registers-this has been a good year or so-breathe people

libertad
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #923 on: February 18, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »

To me that means they will say as soon as possible if its a date other than March 6.?

/jarmo

Well thats why there is a line that says "as shortly thereafter as possible" which to me means as soon as they know its not March 6, theyll tell you, and the album will come out as shortly thereafter as possible.  If that lines supposed to mean that theyll only announce when they have a firm date then the next phrase is just meaningless.  Also, many bands are touring while releasing their album, in fact i would guess its usual.  However, those bands go on tour with a single, with a firm release date, usually with a video made and as you said "Detroit"  they stay in the U.S. so that they can shoot videos, do talkshows, and radio shows and promote, they do not go to Japan.  I dont think people are freaking out, they just are offering their advice.  Mine is that Axl stops trying to please fans, cause all he is doing is alienating them.  He should come out and say what all but one paragraph of his last statement said "Its just an album, itll be out when its out, ill release it when im sure it is a good representation of GNR, if you dont want to wait then dont etc..."  Instead I think he tries to please people and generate interest and instead it just disappoints people.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #924 on: February 18, 2007, 02:54:09 PM »

I'd personally really like to know what's going on and hope they give us a firm release date soon.   yes
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #925 on: February 18, 2007, 03:25:31 PM »

To me that means they will say as soon as possible if its a date other than March 6.?

/jarmo

Well thats why there is a line that says "as shortly thereafter as possible" which to me means as soon as they know its not March 6, theyll tell you, and the album will come out as shortly thereafter as possible.?

No. it means we will be notified of a new date and then as soon as poss the album will be out. i see what you mean it is a bit confusing as some think it implies that the album will be out after that new date rather than on it, but you surely get axl's point?!!

I would'nt do that if I were you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #926 on: February 18, 2007, 03:38:35 PM »

/jarmo

Well thats why there is a line that says "as shortly thereafter as possible" which to me means as soon as they know its not March 6, theyll tell you, and the album will come out as shortly thereafter as possible.?

No. it means we will be notified of a new date and then as soon as poss the album will be out. i see what you mean it is a bit confusing as some think it implies that the album will be out after that new date rather than on it, but you surely get axl's point?!!

Yeah I get Axls point. If it isn't March 6th you will be notified when there is a date, whenever that is... Tongue

If that's how it's going to be I'd prefer he say nothing at all.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #927 on: February 18, 2007, 04:09:34 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah I get Axls point. If it isn't March 6th you will be notified when there is a date, whenever that is... Tongue

If that's how it's going to be I'd prefer he say nothing at all.

what else did you expect?

he gave us a statement to limit the damge coz he was aware of the strength of feeling. which is more than he owes us. he rightly believes that saying nothing is often the best tack. i mean, he did say somkethin this time and can it honestly be said that that improved things?

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #928 on: February 18, 2007, 04:16:07 PM »

he gave us a statement to limit the damge coz he was aware of the strength of feeling. which is more than he owes us. he rightly believes that saying nothing is often the best tack. i mean, he did say somkethin this time and can it honestly be said that that improved things?

After '2006 is definitely the year' I expected something more than another 'I don't know if soon is the word'.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #929 on: February 18, 2007, 05:02:59 PM »

After '2006 is definitely the year' I expected something more than another 'I don't know if soon is the word'.

OK ill agree to differ, but for the record i dont agree that his last statement was akin to "soon is not the Word".

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #930 on: February 18, 2007, 06:24:39 PM »

OK ill agree to differ, but for the record i dont agree that his last statement was akin to "soon is not the Word".

No, it was the same as "2006 is the year," meaning who knows what's going to happen now. 2006 was not the year and March 6 is likely not even close to being the date. My guess is if we're lucky, a summer release could happen. But then again, we could also have another 2006 situation.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #931 on: February 18, 2007, 06:27:44 PM »

YEAH MARCH 6th!!  Has anyone heard the single on the radio? I must have missed it.. Roll Eyes
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #932 on: February 18, 2007, 06:44:42 PM »

Sometimes it hits me, this is such a flipping weird ass album. Something really huge must be happening. Sure weve heard songs over the last 6 years or so. and very very good ones. yet last year songs are still being written. I really wonder if the album keeps getting turned down by the record label. Either that or just a huge case of perfectionism.

Personally I think if Axl had his way, and it would be best for all the fans and the media... if he had worked on this album in the shadows whilst we all thought Guns n roses are dead and then whenever hes happy release it and create a media frenzy. too late for that now. However Guns n roses are very active so everyone wonders why it should take so long.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #933 on: February 18, 2007, 07:07:26 PM »

If you are sitting here in Februaruy 2007 and you honestly believe that you were not mislead in some way by Axl and his management in the past 12 months, you must be delusional.

Axl knew that the album wasn't coming out last year. He definitely knew by the VMA's that it wasn't. Instead of that whole "It is this year", bullshit, he should have just said that plans have changed. How can you fire your manager for not getting the album out by year's end when recording WAS NOT complete? That makes absolutley no sense.

I agree w/ those of you who say that the band does not owe us anything, but at the same time, I don't think we should be handed garbage time and time again. ? rant

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #934 on: February 18, 2007, 07:09:05 PM »

I don't see why it can't be released during the tour.  It's still possible to do press when you're in another country... do you honestly think that a magazine would turn down the chance to interview Axl just because they had to fly out?  For a radio interview there are phones.  And for TV?  Music videos are there for when a band isn't available to play in person.
Sure, most bands will stay in their own country when they release a record, but since when has Axl Rose taken the most obvious path?
I think a release date will be given at the same time as an official tour announcement on the website.  And I think it'll be late-April/late-May.  And I think they'll do something huge on release day... and you don't have to be in the country to do something huge.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #935 on: February 18, 2007, 08:10:32 PM »

How can you fire your manager for not getting the album out by year's end when recording WAS NOT complete? That makes absolutley no sense.

Quite agree. But so far i dont think we have been led astray this year. which is not to say we wont realise we have been, at some future point.

AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #936 on: February 18, 2007, 08:52:24 PM »

How can you fire your manager for not getting the album out by year's end when recording WAS NOT complete? That makes absolutley no sense.

Quite agree. But so far i dont think we have been led astray this year. which is not to say we wont realise we have been, at some future point.

so cancelling the end of a tour to finish an album, and then touring without the album finished isnt misleading?
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #937 on: February 18, 2007, 08:57:18 PM »

so cancelling the end of a tour to finish an album, and then touring without the album finished isnt misleading?

For all we know it could be finished by now.
phi_kai_phi
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #938 on: February 18, 2007, 09:04:30 PM »

We've been dicked around with too long now to be treated like we are.  Axl's letter was reassuring and apologetic, and originally meant a lot to many fans.

However, with those promises of an album in 2006, and no news about the tenative release date being changed after the 2007 shows were cancelled to complete it with "minor, and I do mean minor finishing touches." 

I saw an old Maxim in my room the other day and flipped through it...  It was a 2003 issue or something like that.  There was  a picture of mummified corpses sitting in a ditch with the caption "A line of Guns N' Roses fans waiting for Axl to release the new album" or something like that.  Not only is Axl a joke... WE, as GNR fans, are a joke to the media.  It's that bad.

The date is 2/18/07.... in 2006 did you think that by now you'd have NO CLUE when the album would be coming out?

Bull. Shit.

EDIT: You can find the article in Maxim, March 2004  Issue #75
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 09:10:40 PM by phi_kai_phi » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #939 on: February 18, 2007, 09:07:11 PM »

I don't understand why you people get so whiney and pent up about something you have absolutely no control over.

When it's ready, it'll be released. End of.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: