Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:13:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 148378 times)
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #880 on: February 17, 2007, 05:02:06 PM »

Yup. Not only will the air be filled with poison here, and every other message board, there's going to be a lot of fans staying home when tour shows up in their town.
?

Agree on the first one.

The second one? I'd like to see all the people who'd willingly miss possibly the last time to see the band live when the push comes to shove. There will be some, but mark my words, they'll be in the minority.

Just how it goes.

No way I'll see the band again unless there's a full CD to promote. It's not worth sitting in an arena until 2AM for the band to play four new songs, and never mention the words "chinese democracy" during the entire show, as was the case in Worcester, MA on 11/8/06.

I think that was the case for the majority of the 2006 shows.

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #881 on: February 17, 2007, 05:02:28 PM »

No way I'll see the band again unless there's a full CD to promote. It's not worth sitting in an arena until 2AM for the band to play four new songs, and never mention the words "chinese democracy" during the entire show, as was the case in Worcester, MA on 11/8/06.

GNR has plenty of casual fans, who do not read the message boards and keep track of the website. Those people only remember the current situation whenever the band comes to town. The conversation basically goes like, "Don't they have a record out since they're touring?" "Beats me, it was all over the news last year."

They go, find out.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #882 on: February 17, 2007, 05:06:24 PM »

Yup. Not only will the air be filled with poison here, and every other message board, there's going to be a lot of fans staying home when tour shows up in their town.
?

Agree on the first one.

The second one? I'd like to see all the people who'd willingly miss possibly the last time to see the band live when the push comes to shove. There will be some, but mark my words, they'll be in the minority.

Just how it goes.

poor baby. Roll Eyes
I was at that show and it was def. worth it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #883 on: February 17, 2007, 05:21:09 PM »

Nobody's forcing you.

If all this "waiting" is horrible, there's plenty of other things you can occupy your time with.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #884 on: February 17, 2007, 05:23:52 PM »

Nobody's forcing you.

If all this "waiting" is horrible, there's plenty of other things you can occupy your time with.

/jarmo

exactly, thats what I have been saying this whole time.
No one is holding a gun to your head.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #885 on: February 17, 2007, 06:47:32 PM »

Nobody's forcing you.

/jarmo

Personally, I have to agree also. Going and seeing the band "live" is a really good way to pass the time while waiting.

Should they do another end of year North America tour, I'll be in attendance for at least a couple of the shows.    beer

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #886 on: February 17, 2007, 07:27:49 PM »

Nobody's forcing you.

/jarmo

That makes no sense. I'm waiting for CD too. We're all waiting. We are all forced to wait. We may wait in different ways, but we're waiting nonetheless. If you are not waiting for CD, then you don't plan to get it.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #887 on: February 17, 2007, 07:41:16 PM »

One thing is for sure, another tour without an album or official release date could end really bad and might end gn'r as we know it.

I for one will not support this anymore if that happens. You can only string along so much.

I agree. No more GN'R for me without a cd release.

I can't fully understand that - we have nearly ten new songs available now even without official release, so what's the point in howling about the absence of cd? btw I doubt that live setlist will change significantly after CD, maybe two or? three new tracks, the rest will be the same.

We have I.R.S, TWAT, Better and to some degree CITR. Unfortunately Axl is nowhere near good enough live for me to be able to put on any live tracks on the stereo for anything other than curiosity.

I need crisp studioversions.

You have not been out too much then? hihi

Lame, but predictable response Roll Eyes

I've noticed some people in this thread who like to tell others to go do something else with their time instead of waiting for the album.... Why is it so offensive for people to be anxious? That's a huge compliment to the band, without licking ass. That's true devotion. And if people don't want to go to a show because the album isn't released, then in the words of Bobby Brown, its their PEROGATIVE. You don't have to throw snide remarks at them.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #888 on: February 17, 2007, 08:05:13 PM »

One thing is for sure, another tour without an album or official release date could end really bad and might end gn'r as we know it.

I for one will not support this anymore if that happens. You can only string along so much.

I agree. No more GN'R for me without a cd release.

I can't fully understand that - we have nearly ten new songs available now even without official release, so what's the point in howling about the absence of cd? btw I doubt that live setlist will change significantly after CD, maybe two or? three new tracks, the rest will be the same.

We have I.R.S, TWAT, Better and to some degree CITR. Unfortunately Axl is nowhere near good enough live for me to be able to put on any live tracks on the stereo for anything other than curiosity.

I need crisp studioversions.

You have not been out too much then? hihi

Oh I've been out, and it was great. Playing the same show on the stereo though, not the same.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #889 on: February 17, 2007, 08:07:04 PM »

Nobody's forcing you.

/jarmo

That makes no sense. I'm waiting for CD too. We're all waiting. We are all forced to wait. We may wait in different ways, but we're waiting nonetheless. If you are not waiting for CD, then you don't plan to get it.

How does it not make sense. No one is holding a gun to his head, if he doesnt want to wait anymore then he doesnt have to. He can go and find another band to like or something. Me, I can wait and not get pissed off because its just an album. I'm anxious to hear it, but I'm not ridiculous about it. I'm not just gonna stop going to concerts, listen to my favorite band, or stop supporting them all together because of it.  You gotta realize that its his album, not ours, and when he's ready for it to be released then it will.  Just cause we think its ready, or we want it so much, doesnt mean we are gonna get it any sooner. The faster you realize that, the easier the wait will become. In the meantime, if they decide to go out and tour, then enjoy it because its better than them not doing anything at all, like 2003-2005.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #890 on: February 17, 2007, 08:12:45 PM »

I wonder..... does bitching at people to stop bitching about waiting for the album and do something else, actually equal bitching about waiting for the album?

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #891 on: February 17, 2007, 08:19:43 PM »

I wonder..... does bitching at people to stop bitching about waiting for the album and do something else, actually equal bitching about waiting for the album?

probably not.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #892 on: February 17, 2007, 08:23:23 PM »

But if you weren't waiting for the album, you wouldn't be bitching...

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #893 on: February 17, 2007, 08:26:12 PM »

But if you weren't waiting for the album, you wouldn't be bitching...

I never said I wasnt waiting. But I dont complain about the wait. What I complain about is people who complain about the wait. hihi

Seriously though, I dont see why people need to bitch about it. Do they think they are gonna get the album any faster if they do. If people just shut up about it, I bet it would make the wait a lot easier.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #894 on: February 17, 2007, 08:31:34 PM »

THAT'S STILL BITCHING hihi

But then there would be nothing to talk about if people just shut up about waiting. That's the current state of GNR, waiting. People need to vent. Just remember, because people don't have the same outlook you do doesn't mean they're any less of a fan, or don't have the right to blow off some steam. We all wait in different ways, dude

peace

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #895 on: February 17, 2007, 08:35:46 PM »

You don't wait unless your mind focuses on it. Everybody coming here is waiting, like it or not.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #896 on: February 17, 2007, 08:39:57 PM »

THAT'S STILL BITCHING hihi

But then there would be nothing to talk about if people just shut up about waiting. That's the current state of GNR, waiting. People need to vent. Just remember, because people don't have the same outlook you do doesn't mean they're any less of a fan, or don't have the right to blow off some steam. We all wait in different ways, dude

peace

Then so be it. What makes everyone so hostile around here is the bitching. If people really feel the need to bitch, then we have a thread called "The Frustration Thread" over in Dead Horse. They can go vent there. No one's bitching is more special than anyone else's. hihi

I'm just here to enjoy my favorite band in whatever state they are in. I'd rather do it peacefully than to bicker with people all the time. I could understand the bitching in the beginning, but c'mon, by now we know the deal. No matter how much people bitch it wont change the situation. It will only change when Axl is ready for it to change. And it seems as though he is almost ready, this is a time where we shouldnt be bitching. We've had the most communication from the band between last year and now over the last 10 years. I'm sure there are other things we can talk about if we just used our imagination.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #897 on: February 17, 2007, 09:01:28 PM »

You're not forced to "wait".

I'm planning on getting the album as soon as it's out, but that still doesn't mean I'm waiting for it.

I don't wait for things that don't have some sort of schedule attached to it.

I'm waiting for spring because it means more daylight, better weather and the start of the Formula 1 season. I know spring comes in March..

Some of you are probably waiting for the day you get out of school or your birthday.

I'm content with knowing that the album will be out as soon as possible. I don't feel better by pointing fingers about it not being out and getting annoyed/angry/frustrated about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #898 on: February 17, 2007, 09:18:55 PM »

Nobody's forced, but it's not a conscious choice either. People come here and 'wait' because they experience a connection with the artist. Like everybody else on the planet that waits for something that their genes and enviroment has shaped them into craving. 

I'll wait till I wait no more. No argument will change that.

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #899 on: February 17, 2007, 09:34:21 PM »

I'm planning on getting the album as soon as it's out, but that still doesn't mean I'm waiting for it.

I don't wait for things that don't have some sort of schedule attached to it.

I'm waiting for spring because it means more daylight, better weather and the start of the Formula 1 season. I know spring comes in March..

Some of you are probably waiting for the day you get out of school or your birthday.

I'm content with knowing that the album will be out as soon as possible. I don't feel better by pointing fingers about it not being out and getting annoyed/angry/frustrated about it.

/jarmo
I guess the right word for GNR fans is not wait, but "expect".
we expect much from the band, but they often dont stand up to our expectations, which may cause some frustration in the GNR fans ranks.
not living up to the expectations when it comes to certain details, makes people concerned that the album might not live up to the expectations as well.

and no schumacher this year Sad
That's like Velvet Revolver... of racing! crying

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: