Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:26:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 148499 times)
tad82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #860 on: February 17, 2007, 01:13:32 PM »

One thing is for sure, another tour without an album or official release date could end really bad and might end gn'r as we know it.

I for one will not support this anymore if that happens. You can only string along so much.

I agree. No more GN'R for me without a cd release.

I can't fully understand that - we have nearly ten new songs available now even without official release, so what's the point in howling about the absence of cd? btw I doubt that live setlist will change significantly after CD, maybe two or  three new tracks, the rest will be the same.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #861 on: February 17, 2007, 01:16:07 PM »

One thing is for sure, another tour without an album or official release date could end really bad and might end gn'r as we know it.

I for one will not support this anymore if that happens. You can only string along so much.

I can't fully understand that - we have nearly ten new songs available now even without official release, so what's the point in howling about the absence of cd? btw I doubt that live setlist will change significantly after CD, maybe two or? three new tracks, the rest will be the same.

We have I.R.S, TWAT, Better and to some degree CITR. Unfortunately Axl is nowhere near good enough live for me to be able to put on any live tracks on the stereo for anything other than curiosity.

I need crisp studioversions.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #862 on: February 17, 2007, 01:36:26 PM »

We have I.R.S, TWAT, Better and to some degree CITR. Unfortunately Axl is nowhere near good enough live for me to be able to put on any live tracks on the stereo for anything other than curiosity.

Its not about Axl being good enough live its just the fact that any live performance is not gonna match up to the studio version.  Its like comparing "Live Era" to "Use Your Illusion I & II".

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
tad82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #863 on: February 17, 2007, 01:39:52 PM »

...its just the fact that any live performance is not gonna match up to the studio version

very very very arguable notion.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #864 on: February 17, 2007, 01:42:55 PM »

...its just the fact that any live performance is not gonna match up to the studio version

Not really. Axl is 45, he just can't be consistent like he used to. He does alright on a couple of songs, but not once has he been up to par on the new songs. It may sound good to you, but it doesn't come close to the power and consistency of the leaks.

floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #865 on: February 17, 2007, 01:56:13 PM »

Not really. Axl is 45, he just can't be consistent like he used to. He does alright on a couple of songs, but not once has he been up to par on the new songs. It may sound good to you, but it doesn't come close to the power and consistency of the leaks.

I've gotta disagree with you on the "upto par" statement.   I've noticed as the tour went, the overall quality of his performance went up as well.. better, irs, CD have all gotten much stronger.   I'll take the live ones right now over the "leaks" any day..

back to the topic... I am fairly confident we will have more news by the end of the month as to an updated release date.  They will have to start announcing the tour dates for ticket sales and along with the official tour announcement comes the updated release date...   we will not have to wait until after the actual 3/6 date he stated...

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #866 on: February 17, 2007, 02:03:05 PM »

?

I've gotta disagree with you on the "upto par" statement.? ?I've noticed as the tour went, the overall quality of his performance went up as well.. better, irs, CD have all gotten much stronger.? ?I'll take the live ones right now over the "leaks" any day..

They've definitely gotten stronger, and I would in no way call Axls performance bad. It's just when you've listened to a guy so much every anamoly screams out.

back to the topic... I am fairly confident we will have more news by the end of the month as to an updated release date.? They will have to start announcing the tour dates for ticket sales and along with the official tour announcement comes the updated release date...? ?we will not have to wait until after the actual 3/6 date he stated...

Axl knows that a March 6th with no news will cause a massive backlash among the fans and media, a backlash we only saw the minor rumblings of last year. That much negative attention could jeopardize the tour and lose him alot of money. He has to speak, whatever it is he's got to say.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #867 on: February 17, 2007, 02:14:56 PM »

Axl knows that a March 6th with no news will cause a massive backlash among the fans and media, a backlash we only saw the minor rumblings of last year. That much negative attention could jeopardize the tour and lose him alot of money. He has to speak, whatever it is he's got to say.

Yup. Not only will the air be filled with poison here, and every other message board, there's going to be a lot of fans staying home when tour shows up in their town.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #868 on: February 17, 2007, 02:20:54 PM »

Yup. Not only will the air be filled with poison here, and every other message board, there's going to be a lot of fans staying home when tour shows up in their town.
?

Agree on the first one.

The second one? I'd like to see all the people who'd willingly miss possibly the last time to see the band live when the push comes to shove. There will be some, but mark my words, they'll be in the minority.

Just how it goes.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #869 on: February 17, 2007, 02:27:26 PM »

Nah, every 6 months or so there's another "deadline" where fans feel if Axl doesn't say anything "there will be a massive backlash", yet it never actually happens.  This time won't be any different.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #870 on: February 17, 2007, 02:49:24 PM »

Nah, every 6 months or so there's another "deadline" where fans feel if Axl doesn't say anything "there will be a massive backlash", yet it never actually happens.? This time won't be any different.

How is this another fan made deadline? Roll Eyes

tad82
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #871 on: February 17, 2007, 03:16:05 PM »

Nah, every 6 months or so there's another "deadline" where fans feel if Axl doesn't say anything "there will be a massive backlash", yet it never actually happens.  This time won't be any different.

With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6.

If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible.

I suppose it's pretty obvious this is just another fan made deadline, because axl never said it will be released definately and only in March 6.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 03:18:17 PM by tad82 » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #872 on: February 17, 2007, 03:25:35 PM »

Nah, every 6 months or so there's another "deadline" where fans feel if Axl doesn't say anything "there will be a massive backlash", yet it never actually happens.? This time won't be any different.

With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6.

If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible.

I suppose it's pretty obvious this is just another fan made deadline, because axl never said it will be released definately and only in March 6.

Protective articulation does not mean there isn't a deadline. He obviously gave himself a loophole with those sentences, but that does not mean he can just walk away after a broken promise last year and cancelling shows to (supposedly) get it done. He very well knew the fans and media would be all over that date. There is a deadline, and he created it.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #873 on: February 17, 2007, 03:32:20 PM »

I can't fully understand that - we have nearly ten new songs available now even without official release, so what's the point in howling about the absence of cd? btw I doubt that live setlist will change significantly after CD, maybe two or? three new tracks, the rest will be the same.

You have not been out too much then  hihi
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #874 on: February 17, 2007, 03:37:28 PM »

Id personally rather go see Gn'R live than listen to them on a petty CD.

They are truly one of few groups who are better live than on CD ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #875 on: February 17, 2007, 03:52:24 PM »

if I was axl and I read this thread I would lose so much motivation to even put it out.  id delay it an extra month and blame certain opinions expressed here in this thread.                             
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #876 on: February 17, 2007, 04:07:00 PM »

if I was axl and I read this thread I would lose so much motivation to even put it out.? id delay it an extra month and blame certain opinions expressed here in this thread.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Why? Because people are getting sick of being jerked around? He's the one doing the jerking, so if anything, he should feel like he's taking advantage of the faith of the fans. He's really putting our faith to the test. He doesn't have to hit March 6, but it would be nice around that time to acknowledge he isn't gonna make the "tentative deadline" then announce a real release date and tour.

As for seeing them live rather than a CD? I've seen enough of this GNR live. I wanna hear what they can do in the studio. I wanna hear some CD-quality new songs. After a decade of hearing about this CD, I'd like to see what the fuss is all about.

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #877 on: February 17, 2007, 04:31:49 PM »

?

I've gotta disagree with you on the "upto par" statement.? ?I've noticed as the tour went, the overall quality of his performance went up as well.. better, irs, CD have all gotten much stronger.? ?I'll take the live ones right now over the "leaks" any day..

They've definitely gotten stronger, and I would in no way call Axls performance bad. It's just when you've listened to a guy so much every anamoly screams out.

back to the topic... I am fairly confident we will have more news by the end of the month as to an updated release date.? They will have to start announcing the tour dates for ticket sales and along with the official tour announcement comes the updated release date...? ?we will not have to wait until after the actual 3/6 date he stated...

I'm with polluxlm on this one. The only reason that I still feel like this album should be here soon is because Axl's gotta know that a third Chinese Democracy Tour with no album release would be like the nail in the coffin.

I mean, I believe people would still go to the shows, not as many, but still there are people that would go just for the classics.

Axl came back right at the end of last year w/ that mid-December explanation (if that's what you want to call it) to pretty much save face w/ the public. He knew, and I'm sure he was advised, that no explanation in December would have been damning. Especially for a band that was still going to tour in 2007. That's why I still think that we WILL HEAR SOMETHING either way on or right b4 March 6.

I personally doubt that this album has been turned in yet. I honestly think that if it had been, we would have heard. So, I'm thinking, maybe they finally get this thing turned in in March, drop a single in April, then hopefully, the album release finally in May. ***Isn't that VR's release month also though ?

If this fails to happen, and March comes and goes without word, then I think maybe WE should start focusing our time and energy on something else, cos I think we may be waiting around for quite awhile. If they leave to go tour w/out the album being turned in, we can most likely say goodbye to a 2007 release.

/bringbackadler

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 04:35:55 PM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #878 on: February 17, 2007, 04:33:32 PM »

if I was axl and I read this thread I would lose so much motivation to even put it out.? id delay it an extra month and blame certain opinions expressed here in this thread.? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

but thatd show a complete lack of the backbone you need to do his job.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #879 on: February 17, 2007, 04:55:32 PM »

?

Agree on the first one.

The second one? I'd like to see all the people who'd willingly miss possibly the last time to see the band live when the push comes to shove. There will be some, but mark my words, they'll be in the minority.

Just how it goes.

No way I'll see the band again unless there's a full CD to promote. It's not worth sitting in an arena until 2AM for the band to play four new songs, and never mention the words "chinese democracy" during the entire show, as was the case in Worcester, MA on 11/8/06.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: