Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 09:09:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 148495 times)
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #840 on: February 15, 2007, 01:56:58 PM »

It's not Axl's fault entirely.

Axl said in his statement that we would be informed as soon as the date he gave would not be met, but we haven't been informed even though the date will not be met. I am disappointed about that, but beyond that I will go through another period of not bothering to wait for CD. Velvet Revolver will be back soon  ok
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #841 on: February 15, 2007, 02:01:32 PM »

Velvet Revolver will be back soon? ok

that doesnt make me feel any better Sad

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #842 on: February 15, 2007, 02:12:42 PM »

It's not Axl's fault entirely.

Axl said in his statement that we would be informed as soon as the date he gave would not be met, but we haven't been informed even though the date will not be met. I am disappointed about that, but beyond that I will go through another period of not bothering to wait for CD. Velvet Revolver will be back soon? ok

he didnt say that.
he said that if the date could not be met, a new date would be sorted, and we would then be told as soon as it was official. the new date that is.
and he phrased it like that deliberately to stop people saying the knda thing youre saying.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #843 on: February 15, 2007, 02:20:30 PM »

he phrased it like that deliberately to stop people saying the knda thing youre saying.

Well, it didn't work, then, and it won't work with the media who will embark on another round of Axl bashing because of it.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #844 on: February 15, 2007, 03:40:18 PM »

he phrased it like that deliberately to stop people saying the knda thing youre saying.

Well, it didn't work, then, and it won't work with the media who will embark on another round of Axl bashing because of it.

True. Does'nt make it correct tho.

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #845 on: February 17, 2007, 10:25:53 AM »

Axl said in his statement that we would be informed as soon as the date he gave would not be met, but we haven't been informed even though the date will not be met.

Some educated guessing will ensue on my part.

"It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company." - Axl

In his letter, Merck proposed a March 20th release date, with a tour commencing in Dubai just before that. It's quite possible he meant the Desert Rock Festival (March 9th-10th). On boxing day, after Axl had named March 6th as a possibility, newgnr.com mentioned that the tour is now planned to commence on February 24th in Moscow. The timeframe is the pretty much the same - 10 days in between the tour starting and the album dropping.

Now, GNR are set to appear at Cokefest, SA on April 27th. That date will possibly open the next tour. There's 10 days in between April 27th and May 8th. There's approximately eight weeks in between March 6th and May 8th. Therefore, if GNR turns the album over to Universal in early March, they'll be able to tour alongside the album release. This means big promotion, all directed towards CD. Very little effort needed on the band's part when the tour promotion is concerned.

And, here's the best part. In mid-March, Axl could put out a press release saying they indeed missed March 6th. BUT, they'd have delivered the album, which would be coming out in approximately eight weeks.

I can hardly imagine a better vindication.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 10:28:26 AM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
smugolo
Headliner

"I don't worry about nothin', no..."

« Reply #846 on: February 17, 2007, 10:50:55 AM »

Axl said in his statement that we would be informed as soon as the date he gave would not be met, but we haven't been informed even though the date will not be met.

"It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company." - Axl

In his letter, Merck proposed a March 20th release date, with a tour commencing in Dubai just before that. It's quite possible he meant the Desert Rock Festival (March 9th-10th). On boxing day, after Axl had named March 6th as a possibility, newgnr.com mentioned that the tour is now planned to commence on February 24th in Moscow. The timeframe is the pretty much the same - 10 days in between the tour starting and the album dropping.

Now, GNR are set to appear at Cokefest, SA on April 27th. That date will possibly open the next tour. There's 10 days in between April 27th and May 8th. There's approximately eight weeks in between March 6th and May 8th. Therefore, if GNR turns the album over to Universal in early March, they'll be able to tour alongside the album release. This means big promotion, all directed towards CD. Very little effort needed on the band's part when the tour promotion is concerned.

And, here's the best part. In mid-March, Axl could put out a press release saying they indeed missed March 6th. BUT, they'd have delivered the album, which would be coming out in approximately eight weeks.

nice theory, lets hope your right

even axl must realise touring without an album again is not an option

GN'R 2006 - Dublin 9th June - Sheffield 18th July - Manchester 23rd July
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #847 on: February 17, 2007, 10:54:36 AM »

nice theory, lets hope your right

even axl must realise touring without an album again is not an option

sounds good.

incidentally, who generally pays for tours?

spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #848 on: February 17, 2007, 10:58:49 AM »

Your educated guess is awesome  ok
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #849 on: February 17, 2007, 11:02:46 AM »

Nice theory!

Just to add... If they already have turned in the album this month (for an April release), we might see some shows before Cokefest.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #850 on: February 17, 2007, 11:08:18 AM »

Just to add... If they already have turned in the album this month (for an April release), we might see some shows before Cokefest.

This is certainly possible.

Axl appears to have a strong desire to be on the road when CD drops.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #851 on: February 17, 2007, 11:37:16 AM »

One thing is for sure, another tour without an album or official release date could end really bad and might end gn'r as we know it.

I for one will not support this anymore if that happens. You can only string along so much.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #852 on: February 17, 2007, 11:40:33 AM »

^Another North American or European tour without CD might blow a hole into it.

A tour in places that practically haven't seen GNR since 1993 (if at all) does not.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #853 on: February 17, 2007, 11:42:57 AM »

A tour in places that practically haven't seen GNR since 1993 (if at all) does not.

Which is why starting the tour with these dates make the whole thing seem very suspect...

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #854 on: February 17, 2007, 11:46:01 AM »

Which is why starting the tour with these dates make the whole thing seem very suspect...

Well, wasn't the original (rumored by Merck?) plan to start off the tour in Dubai, coinsiding with the release?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #855 on: February 17, 2007, 11:47:38 AM »

They JUST toured Europe and US.

This plan works two ways. Europe and NA could have the album, and the interest would be rejuvenated by summer/fall '07. If the album doesn't come out, the band would have no obligation to go back to those markets without it.

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #856 on: February 17, 2007, 11:50:13 AM »

You make a good point. I think the best marketing strategy would've been, maybe...if all they cared about was money...would be to tour the major cities around the globe with CD to make as much money as possible.

EDIT: Well, either way, I'm gonna support GN'R as best as I can, with or without an album. I just hope, for Axl's sake, that if/when he releases it, its worth it.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 11:53:38 AM by CAFC Nick » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #857 on: February 17, 2007, 12:42:52 PM »

They JUST toured Europe and US.

This plan works two ways. Europe and NA could have the album, and the interest would be rejuvenated by summer/fall '07. If the album doesn't come out, the band would have no obligation to go back to those markets without it.

Exactly. Win-win for Axl, Win-lose for the fans.

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #858 on: February 17, 2007, 12:47:06 PM »

One thing is for sure, another tour without an album or official release date could end really bad and might end gn'r as we know it.

I for one will not support this anymore if that happens. You can only string along so much.

I agree. No more GN'R for me without a cd release.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #859 on: February 17, 2007, 01:02:48 PM »

A lot of big bands wait 3 or 4 months sometimes after an album relase before they tour the US and Europe. It often works to let the album digest and for the radio to be playing the 3rd or 4th single before they hit these two continents. It allows them to get an idea of the kind of venue they book when they do tour (arenas or stadiums). GNR will play to massive crowds in the next part of the tour CD or not. With CD dropping as they tour these places the timing would be good for GNR to return to the US and Europe in Autumn 07 with 2 or 3 singles having been released over the spring/summer.

That's a positive take on events, the other way of looking at things polluxlm has already hinted at. I'm 50/50 as to which way things might go at the moment.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: