Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 04:19:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 148741 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #820 on: February 14, 2007, 06:53:40 AM »

Only 2 can be taken serious, 2002 and 2006. Only then did he feel confident enough to tour. Not to mention that 06 was the first time he spoke in definites. We all know what happened, but I think it's a sign that there might have finally been some real progress.

I don't believe he would deliberately decieve anyone.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 06:55:58 AM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
madagas
« Reply #821 on: February 14, 2007, 07:00:43 AM »

There was a tour scheduled in 2001 after Rio that was cancelled....whatever. Roll Eyes I am not arguing that he should have released the record or he owes us anything or that he is trying to deceive anyone. I am only pointing out that his words are fairly meaningless when it comes to the album and it's release. They were then and they are now. ok
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 07:03:06 AM by madagas » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #822 on: February 14, 2007, 07:04:26 AM »

There was a tour scheduled in 2001 after Rio that was cancelled....whatever. Roll Eyes I am not arguing that he should have released the record or he owes us anything. I am only pointing out that his words are fairly meaningless when it comes to the album and it's release.

A tour which got cancelled due to the album not being finished.

His words may not mean anything, but his actions should. He would never have went on last years tour on the premise of delivering a new album if he didn't think it could be done, and he certainly wouldn't state a tentative date for the first time ever if he still didn't believe in it. It's not going to be in 3 weeks, but I believe it's coming in a timely fashion. May/June.

madagas
« Reply #823 on: February 14, 2007, 07:12:26 AM »

My second grade daughter still believes in the tooth fairy..... Grin I think it will come out, but refuse to speculate anymore. beer
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #824 on: February 14, 2007, 07:43:10 AM »

There was a tour scheduled in 2001 after Rio that was cancelled....whatever. Roll Eyes I am not arguing that he should have released the record or he owes us anything. I am only pointing out that his words are fairly meaningless when it comes to the album and it's release.

His words may not mean anything, but his actions should. He would never have went on last years tour on the premise of delivering a new album if he didn't think it could be done, and he certainly wouldn't state a tentative date for the first time ever if he still didn't believe in it. It's not going to be in 3 weeks, but I believe it's coming in a timely fashion. May/June.

Though the first time the 2001 tour was rescheduled was due to Buckethead's mystery illness wasn't it? I had tickets for Wembley arena....
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #825 on: February 14, 2007, 07:55:22 AM »

Though the first time the 2001 tour was rescheduled was due to Buckethead's mystery illness wasn't it? I had tickets for Wembley arena....

If you believe that, yeah.

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #826 on: February 14, 2007, 07:57:54 AM »

Yeah I had tickets for that show. I remember when I got a letter thinking that 'Oh good my tickets have arrived' and it was a statement that the tour was cancelled. Was I surprised? No.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #827 on: February 14, 2007, 10:41:38 AM »

My second grade daughter still believes in the tooth fairy..... Grin

Man, I used to pretend so just to amuse my parents?actually I knew who the Santa was and storks didn't deliver babies. I hadn't seen a stork in the neighbourhood.

I also knew that I was indubitably getting my new tooth and Christmas present, regardless. Otherwise my parents wouldn't have told me the stories of father christmas, the fairy etc. And I was right.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #828 on: February 14, 2007, 10:56:27 AM »

Only 2 can be taken serious, 2002 and 2006. Only then did he feel confident enough to tour. Not to mention that 06 was the first time he spoke in definites. We all know what happened, but I think it's a sign that there might have finally been some real progress.

I don't believe he would deliberately decieve anyone.

Actually, you cant take 2002 seriously bcause he openly said in an interview with eddie trunk that he felt pressured to tour and that he really didn't want to do it

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #829 on: February 14, 2007, 11:17:36 AM »

My second grade daughter still believes in the tooth fairy..... Grin

Man, I used to pretend so just to amuse my parents?actually I knew who the Santa was and storks didn't deliver babies. I hadn't seen a stork in the neighbourhood.

I also knew that I was indubitably getting my new tooth and Christmas present, regardless. Otherwise my parents wouldn't have told me the stories of father christmas, the fairy etc. And I was right.

Tommy's parents decide it's time to tell him about the birds and the bees, so they sit him down and start talking:
"I think it's time you learnt where babies come from young man..."
Suddenly he covers his ears and starts yelling, refusing to listen.
"What's the matter Tommy? what's upset you?" they ask
Tommy looks up through the tears at his parents and replies "When I was 5 you told me that there was no Santa Claus, when I was six you told be there was no tooth fairy, If you tell me that grown ups don't really get to have sex, I swear I'll fucking kill myself!"

on a GnR note. I think they're really aiming for the 6th, and have been since axl's letter (or before.) Though I wouldn't be surprised if it comes in 4-6 weeks late, just because that's the way life is with odd delays. (i.e. someone needs to sign off on something on wednesday, but it's not ready till thursday, but now that guy's on a long weekend, so doesn't get to do it till tuesday. not a lie or rerererecording, just office life, an innocent delay and now a week's lost.)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #830 on: February 14, 2007, 02:33:20 PM »

Tommy's parents decide it's time to tell him about the birds and the bees, so they sit him down and start talking:
"I think it's time you learnt where babies come from young man..."
Suddenly he covers his ears and starts yelling, refusing to listen.
"What's the matter Tommy? what's upset you?" they ask
Tommy looks up through the tears at his parents and replies "When I was 5 you told me that there was no Santa Claus, when I was six you told be there was no tooth fairy, If you tell me that grown ups don't really get to have sex, I swear I'll fucking kill myself!"

Growing pains...So you're Tommy?

I agree with you on the GnR note.
No, what date is not a matter of great importance for me as it clearly says tentative.

Those words are telling.

"We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date."

"Ultimately the public will decide, and regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way."

I'd like to shout encouragement to them. Hurrah! rant
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #831 on: February 14, 2007, 02:46:22 PM »

Seeing that chronology is pretty depressing  Undecided
madagas
« Reply #832 on: February 14, 2007, 03:05:13 PM »

"If you're waiting...don't." Haha, it will come out when the stars fall from the sky, and the moon has turned red over One Tree Hill. Wink Shout out to Jarmo. peace
Angel_Harleygirl
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #833 on: February 14, 2007, 03:36:43 PM »

Seeing that chronology is pretty depressing  Undecided

Yep. Personally, I don't expect anything to be forthcoming anymore, and these rumours of a tour around Africa/Asia/Australia etc are even more troubling. Sounds like a cash grab to me.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #834 on: February 14, 2007, 03:58:48 PM »

It's not Axl's fault entirely.
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #835 on: February 14, 2007, 07:46:46 PM »

My second grade daughter still believes in the tooth fairy..... Grin I think it will come out, but refuse to speculate anymore. beer

I'm with you , dude. Take everything you hear about GN'R with a grain of salt, and you won't feel so let down when things don't materialize.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #836 on: February 14, 2007, 08:05:17 PM »

Been waiting a long time so I can wait a little bit longer.  But it would be nice to get a final status of the album before their new tour starts.  March 6th is obviously not going to happen and they obviously don't want to announce anything again until they can firm up a release date.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Donington2007
« Reply #837 on: February 14, 2007, 11:01:32 PM »

"If you're waiting...don't." Haha, it will come out when the stars fall from the sky, and the moon has turned red over One Tree Hill. Wink Shout out to Jarmo. peace

i think things are different than ever before. i think the 'legal problems' resulted inhaving to replace a shitload of guitar tracks which only threw things off from the march 6th date by a month or two and my money is now on march 21 to april 21  beer

heading out on tour AGAIN with more of the album done than ever before? show me THAT in the timeline  hihi

May 2006 : Europe tour
September 2006 : U.S. tour
April 2007 : other parts of the World tour

where's a similar thing in the past? i think they've earned the Right to not be joked about 'the album that will never be' anymore.   rant

but still funny   rofl
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #838 on: February 15, 2007, 05:18:49 AM »

What about ALL these statements made you think the March 6th date was gonna happen, just because he said a date?

There's one difference between the letter and the other examples you brought up.

The March date was exact, not some dubious season/year, it was given out in a proper press release, not in an offside remark in an obscure Brazilian newspaper interview. If March 6th doesn't happen (99.9% certainty by now), with any luck Axl will be called out for it by the press.

The music world was made to know about this date, and will now hold it against him if he doesn't deliver.

--

Yes, it was tentative. I know. If we'd be living in the year 2000, everybody else would be more lenient about it as well.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #839 on: February 15, 2007, 07:04:40 AM »

What about ALL these statements made you think the March 6th date was gonna happen, just because he said a date?

There's one difference between the letter and the other examples you brought up.

The March date was exact, not some dubious season/year, it was given out in a proper press release, not in an offside remark in an obscure Brazilian newspaper interview. If March 6th doesn't happen (99.9% certainty by now), with any luck Axl will be called out for it by the press.

The music world was made to know about this date, and will now hold it against him if he doesn't deliver.

--

Yes, it was tentative. I know. If we'd be living in the year 2000, everybody else would be more lenient about it as well.

You're right! And it's a big fucking shame, isn't it!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: