Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 04:33:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 148752 times)
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #800 on: February 13, 2007, 11:11:58 AM »

I don't think we'll hear anything until they have an official release date. If its true that recording is finally done, then it could be in the mixing stage right now. And hopefully, if what we heard is true, the album has been in the mixing stage for the past few months and only a few songs need to be mixed. Then comes the mastering, handing it over to the record company, getting everything together, and I'd say CD could be released sometime in early - mid April. peace

I was just looking at the upcoming albums list http://www.metacritic.com/music/upcomingreleases.shtml and March 6 would be the best time to unleash it. It's going to be crowded afterwards. Shit, I hope it makes that date.

check out the link now, it acutally has cd on it.

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #801 on: February 13, 2007, 11:43:33 AM »

lol they even have a little "source" link next to it.  This is not your ordinary album release date hihi

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #802 on: February 13, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »

Predictions and rumors are worthless here and have been for quite sometime. Once a single is released, things will change. A lot of you are wasting your time predicting and getting your hopes up. I am excited about what has been happening since early last year. But I am not gonna say when it would be a good time for THEM to release THEIR album. But if that's how some of you get off.....more power to ya.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #803 on: February 13, 2007, 01:40:43 PM »

Wow. Congratulations on that.

And I get off on big titties.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #804 on: February 13, 2007, 01:47:39 PM »

Congratulations on what???....I was refering to other people getting off on rumors...Not me.  Read it again GUMP!....And everyone gets off on big titties.......

crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #805 on: February 13, 2007, 01:48:20 PM »

Oh, I love big titties. Not too big though, about 1.3-1.9 on the bsh scale.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #806 on: February 13, 2007, 02:07:33 PM »

Congratulations on what???....I was refering to other people getting off on rumors...Not me.? Read it again GUMP!....And everyone gets off on big titties.......

I know what you meant, and I was congratulating you on your disposition, Forrest. My post contained no predictions or rumors. Just an opinion on what's been said, and my opinion was that March 6th was a good release date.

...and not everyone gets off on big titties hihi

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #807 on: February 13, 2007, 02:10:02 PM »

...and not everyone gets off on big titties

Yeah...like women and fags.

Staying on topic...what do people think the chances are of CD actually coming out this year?  I have been wanting to do a sort of over/under betting pool for a long time on this, and right now seems to be as good a time as any to do that.  Anyone interested?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
madagas
« Reply #808 on: February 13, 2007, 02:10:55 PM »

ID, I like dark meat and thighs.... Grin
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #809 on: February 13, 2007, 02:13:34 PM »

Congratulations on what???....I was refering to other people getting off on rumors...Not me.? Read it again GUMP!....And everyone gets off on big titties.......

I know what you meant, and I was congratulating you on your disposition, Forrest. My post contained no predictions or rumors. Just an opinion on what's been said, and my opinion was that March 6th was a good release date.

...and not everyone gets off on big titties hihi

My bad dude....I don't go on here as much as I used to.....I'm still getting in the flow of things.....Anyway, thank you.....and I don't want to know anyone who can't appreciate a beautiful rack......

Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #810 on: February 13, 2007, 02:34:07 PM »

...and not everyone gets off on big titties

Yeah...like women and fags.

Staying on topic...what do people think the chances are of CD actually coming out this year?? I have been wanting to do a sort of over/under betting pool for a long time on this, and right now seems to be as good a time as any to do that.? Anyone interested?

7 to 2
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #811 on: February 13, 2007, 03:00:40 PM »

I'm all about tuna smoking

Man, everytime there's a pool I lose... Matter of fact, EVERYONE has been losing since 2001.

If I had to make a prediction it'd be April or May.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #812 on: February 13, 2007, 03:03:32 PM »

Man, everytime there's a pool I lose... Matter of fact, EVERYONE has been losing since 2001.

Not the people who said CD wont be out in 2006.... They cashed in big time  Grin
madagas
« Reply #813 on: February 13, 2007, 03:07:58 PM »

ID, we were discussing the same exact things on the Rolling Stone board back in 2000 and 2001......scary fucking thought. Shocked Speaking of that, where is Davegnfnr2k? Huh
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 03:10:56 PM by madagas » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #814 on: February 13, 2007, 03:16:36 PM »

ID, we were discussing the same exact things on the Rolling Stone board back in 2000 and 2001......scary fucking thought. Shocked Speaking of that, where is Davegnfnr2k? Huh

Self imposed exile

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #815 on: February 13, 2007, 03:33:23 PM »

Not the people who said CD wont be out in 2006.... They cashed in big time? Grin

Well, I did win.

But I say it now: 2007 is THE year.

Yeah, Dave split, but he'll probably show back up though. And I miss that board. There was only like four or five of us there. Man, I didn't realize we've known each this long.

ZoulonFire
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #816 on: February 13, 2007, 03:34:43 PM »

Not the people who said CD wont be out in 2006.... They cashed in big time  Grin

Well, I did win.

But I say it now: 2007 is THE year.

Yeah, Dave split, but he'll probably show back up though. And I miss that board. There was only like four or five of us there. Man, I didn't realize we've known each this long.

2007, yes.  March, no.  I'm thinking March is gonna be the ANNOUNCEMENT of an offical date, which I'm guessing will be June. 

bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #817 on: February 13, 2007, 04:14:59 PM »

April 24th.? ? ok

/bringbackadler

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #818 on: February 14, 2007, 02:55:52 AM »

Chinese Democracy is gone from cdwow.com, its still on play.com as 5th March but with no artwork and tracklisting, I dont think things are looking good for the provisional date Sad
madagas
« Reply #819 on: February 14, 2007, 06:38:05 AM »

What about ALL these statements made you think the March 6th date was gonna happen, just because he said a date? The only thing in the letter that is worth anything is the part where you clearly see the frustration Axl feels to the project and he gives specifics about the album still not being "done".? He also lets us know that the record hadn't even been turned over to the label as of December and they were negotiating a new deal. Mar 6th was tentative as he said-not guaranteed-just like the other statements below-NO DIFFERENT. I added in a few more to get a comprehensive take on ALL his statements regarding a possible release of a Gnr Album. hihi

October 1996 Burning Hills Fax:
#6. There will be a new Guns N' Roses 12 song minimum recording with
three original "B" sides.

NOTE: If all goes well this will be immediately repeated.

#7. However*******Slash will not be involved in any new Guns N' Roses
endeavors? as far has not been musically involved with Guns N" Roses
since April 1994 with the exception of a BRIEF feel period with Zakk
Wylde and a 2 week initial period with Guns N' Roses in the late fall
of '95. He (Slash) has been "OFFICIALLY and LEGALLY" outside of the
Guns N' Roses Partnership since December 31, 1995.

Kurt Loder Interview : 1999

Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?

Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well.

Rolling Stone Article: 2000

?The new Guns N Roses album is tentatively titled Chinese Democracy and loosely scheduled for summer 2000?.

''As far as I can tell,'' says GnR's manager Doug Goldstein, ''we are now 99% musically done and 80% vocals done. I see the record being done Feb or March for a summer release.''

Chile Radio Interview: 2001

DJ: When is it gonna be the new album? Is it possible that we're gonna have a new record from Guns N' Roses?

Axl: Yes, I've heard. Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.

AUG 2002 Press Release
There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list but it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready. Blah, blah, blah. If you're waiting...don't.

Seattle Interview: DEC 2002

?Ditch: You've really, you've... It sounds like really nurtured relationships with these guys, and the new disc "Chinese Democracy". Umm, do you have any idea when the fruits of those labours will come to harvest??

Axl: Uhh, sometime during the next year.

RIR Press Release: Buckethead Departure 2004

?Guns will be moving forward and surprisingly (without giving away any details) this unfortunate set of circumstances may have given us the opportunity to take our recording that one extra step further. Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months?.

Spring and Fall 2006: Eddie Trunk Interview and MTV AWARDS
Axl-"definitely coming out this year. Fall, late Fall."

Open letter from Axl Rose: posted on HTGTH, Dec 15th 2006

??this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6?.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 07:10:31 AM by madagas » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: