Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:00:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 158430 times)
guns_n_motley
« Reply #440 on: December 15, 2006, 10:46:32 AM »

I read this letter last night when I got home from work and I even had over 20 emails about it in my inbox, plus a few messages here.? Needless to say, this is a pretty big fucking deal to finally get the info we've been waiting for now for months.? Think of all of those hours and days wasted on what is now deemed "useless" discussion about the album coming out in November or December... This would have put a stop to it and I wish it would have come just a little sooner.? Maybe the reason being that Axl himself just found out FOR SURE within the last few weeks that it would be impossible for CD to be released properly this year??

Well at least we had a great year in 2006 with or without an album; we had a tour, a website launch, a commercial that may not have aired yet, 2 surprise acoustic shows, a Parkinson's benefit, Axl hanging out with kids with Cancer, a lot of us meeting members of the band and now even a letter from Axl Rose himself to top it off... not a bad fucking year people.

March 6th, 2007??? With Axl actually saying a date... I think this means we will see the album in 2007 100% FOR SURE!!? Will we see it as early as March though??? I highly, highly, highly doubt it.? My thoughts would be a summer release and then a tour starting at the same time.? I'm glad Axl said a date but he did say tentative and this is Axl Rose, so a few months delay from that date is very likely.? I'm putting my money on June 2007 fuckers.

idk, I think it will be march sometime.. axl sounds REALLY determined on getting it out around that time...

"With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience"
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #441 on: December 15, 2006, 10:48:34 AM »

There is no turning back on Axls behalf now. This is it.

Don't get scared now.....

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #442 on: December 15, 2006, 10:49:26 AM »

I read this letter last night when I got home from work and I even had over 20 emails about it in my inbox, plus a few messages here.  Needless to say, this is a pretty big fucking deal to finally get the info we've been waiting for now for months.  Think of all of those hours and days wasted on what is now deemed "useless" discussion about the album coming out in November or December... This would have put a stop to it and I wish it would have come just a little sooner.  Maybe the reason being that Axl himself just found out FOR SURE within the last few weeks that it would be impossible for CD to be released properly this year??

Well at least we had a great year in 2006 with or without an album; we had a tour, a website launch, a commercial that may not have aired yet, 2 surprise acoustic shows, a Parkinson's benefit, Axl hanging out with kids with Cancer, a lot of us meeting members of the band and now even a letter from Axl Rose himself to top it off... not a bad fucking year people.

March 6th, 2007??  With Axl actually saying a date... I think this means we will see the album in 2007 100% FOR SURE!!  Will we see it as early as March though??  I highly, highly, highly doubt it.  My thoughts would be a summer release and then a tour starting at the same time.  I'm glad Axl said a date but he did say tentative and this is Axl Rose, so a few months delay from that date is very likely.  I'm putting my money on June 2007 fuckers.

idk, I think it will be march sometime.. axl sounds REALLY determined on getting it out around that time...

"With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience"

I truly believe this as well.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #443 on: December 15, 2006, 10:51:32 AM »

this album has cost 13 million since 2002 ...what about the cost of the last 5 years
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #444 on: December 15, 2006, 10:53:50 AM »

this album has cost 13 million since 2002 ...what about the cost of the last 5 years

I think the 13 mil estimate is from the beginning. I don't think it's from 2002.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #445 on: December 15, 2006, 10:56:32 AM »

I think the 13 mil estimate is from the beginning. I don't think it's from 2002.

That's what he means, just a little sloppy writing.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #446 on: December 15, 2006, 10:58:10 AM »

THANK YOU AXL

It really means alot to the fans to get some proper news on the CD release date. The whole vibe on the forum has changed, everyone feels relieved, more relaxed and positive. I'm so happy Axl has taken the time to write this letter. I feel more respect for the man than ever and I feel he has shown us alot of respect back by making this move. Two months and a bit isn't long to wait...I'm looking forward to the whole promotion before the album comes out too. Once again, thank you, Axl

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #447 on: December 15, 2006, 10:59:35 AM »

Wow.

Can't wait to hear what Talking Metal have to got say in Countdown Part VII Grin
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 11:30:51 AM by DazRose01 » Logged

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
hpantazo
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #448 on: December 15, 2006, 11:00:17 AM »

so when do you guys expect the single to drop?
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #449 on: December 15, 2006, 11:01:33 AM »

I haven't posted here too frequently recentely, but I would like thank Axl for finally letting us know about the stuff. It's about time hopefully that the inept handling and promotion will come to a close. Chinese Democracy starts in MARCH? Hopefully...

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #450 on: December 15, 2006, 11:01:40 AM »

Wow.

Can't wait to hear what Talking Metal have to go say in Countdown Part VII Grin

Is it a bit odd that I thought of those two immediately?
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #451 on: December 15, 2006, 11:02:11 AM »

Taking a guess I'd say a week or two before the album

gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #452 on: December 15, 2006, 11:05:21 AM »

Really? I hadn't noticed  Angry But why would anyone want to think negatively now, this is great news  beer

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #453 on: December 15, 2006, 11:05:24 AM »

I am just so over-joyed and excited. I dont really know how to express how I feel right now.

I just want to say thank you Axl/Guns N' Roses, and thank you Merck.
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #454 on: December 15, 2006, 11:07:12 AM »

Cheers Axl  ok
Needed some word, and it is FARRRRRR more appreciated coming from Axl than from a 3rd party
 peace
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #455 on: December 15, 2006, 11:07:30 AM »

Really? I hadn't noticed? Angry But why would anyone want to think negatively now, this is great news? beer

It's not about being negative. ? It's just that those that don't sing to the HTGTH tune have their posts removed. ? ? So the perception is different to reality.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #456 on: December 15, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »

Woo! What a fucking great thing to wake up to!
March 6th!!! ?ok

Nice to see Axl take things in his own hands..
Very good move to wright this letter! Now can everyone take
a little breath befor the big bang over christmas ?ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #457 on: December 15, 2006, 11:08:27 AM »

this is good and bad. yes it gives a date but is also makes all you believers of an 06 release look like sheep (like in the harley add) pretty much...esp. since your all excited now. I'll be excited when i have the cd in my hands. If axl said that cd was comming out and it was going to me made out of shit you would love it. I think axl is awsome ....but like i said ill wait till i have it to get excited
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #458 on: December 15, 2006, 11:16:20 AM »

Only 12 Tuesdays left. drool

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #459 on: December 15, 2006, 11:17:20 AM »

this is good and bad. yes it gives a date but is also makes all you believers of an 06 release look like sheep (like in the harley add) pretty much...esp. since your all excited now. I'll be excited when i have the cd in my hands. If axl said that cd was comming out and it was going to me made out of shit you would love it. I think axl is awsome ....but like i said ill wait till i have it to get excited

What a silly thing to say

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: