Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:29:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An open letter to the fans from Axl - Discussion  (Read 147334 times)
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1000 on: February 20, 2007, 09:50:08 AM »

OK, this might be a stupid question. But if they released a single, would that be considered actual promotion or would they promote that they will release a single.

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #1001 on: February 20, 2007, 09:51:12 AM »

Axl said that this was not a promise, and that fans would be contacted as soon as they could not make this date, and to date there has been no word from Axl. Axl also said that fans would be made aware the minute this date was official, and again, no word has been given on this.

You're not the 1st to get this wrong, and, probably, despite my protestations every time someone does this, you wont be the last!

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #1002 on: February 20, 2007, 09:54:02 AM »

OK, this might be a stupid question. But if they released a single, would that be considered actual promotion or would they promote that they will release a single.

Thats just a mattter of opinion i think, but i would consider it part of album promo.

By the by, I actually think promo will be more minimal than most believe. But March 6th obviously isnt the date.

Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #1003 on: February 20, 2007, 09:55:39 AM »

i also think that the new target might be to release a single around march 6th to the radio stations, kicking off the promotion wheels (fucking... no, motherfucking finally), releasing the single "physical" in the middle of march and followed by that :

CHINESE DEMOCRACY in april 2007.

The first rant at the first gig in south africa would be something like this :

" So you motherfuckers were masochistic enough to wait for us to deliver? Honestly we didn't expect that half the planet has this sexual orientation...
But it has to be that way because we are toping the charts in like 30 countries. I'd like to thank you for that. To celebrate that we decided to play something this band hasn't done before . This is a little something called Prostitute. Tommy, hit the motherfucking strings!!!! " ? peace

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #1004 on: February 20, 2007, 10:02:29 AM »

I think they will release a single, or a videoclip.

Or just nothing.

You really know who's Maradona!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1005 on: February 20, 2007, 10:04:01 AM »

Tommy Stintson couldnt make the bands only public apperance of 2007 thus far, rumours perhaps that there was a problem with the bassist, with Chris Pittman subbing on bass as the obviously likely replacement should there be a problem.

Dont worry  Roll Eyes Stinson didnt bust his ass for 10 years to be replaced by Pitman... Seriously
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1006 on: February 20, 2007, 10:09:30 AM »

The Excuse Part XXIV coming up

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1007 on: February 20, 2007, 10:11:26 AM »

supplementary article to al1978's post.

Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible.

It says either way, until they have a date set in concrete, they can't notify us.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1008 on: February 20, 2007, 10:13:19 AM »

Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible.

It says either way, until they have a date set in concrete, they can't notify us.

Which brings us back to 1996

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1009 on: February 20, 2007, 10:15:39 AM »

Fuck man get over it... Go away if it pisses you off so much... Axl was very careful with the wording of this PR... We can't call him a liar for no announcement yet...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1010 on: February 20, 2007, 10:17:46 AM »

Fuck man get over it... Go away if it pisses you off so much... Axl was very careful with the wording of this PR... We can't call him a liar for no announcement yet...

Haha, yeah I'm the one getting pissed off. hihi

Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #1011 on: February 20, 2007, 10:21:59 AM »

I would be really happy if a single would be released on march 6th. Doesn't seem likely though...

This   is   Democracy!!!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1012 on: February 20, 2007, 10:30:05 AM »

Haha, yeah I'm the one getting pissed off. hihi

in regards of having an album in our hands your 1996 comment is right....  it`s wrong in all other ways though (hopefully hihi)...

as i`m quite positive at the moment, i tend to believe we`ll get a single or announcement before march 6th. if that?s not the case i probably won?t be the only one, who`s tempt to quit the forums for a while....until something happens to be more exact.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #1013 on: February 20, 2007, 10:35:50 AM »

personally i have no idea what your 1996 comment means?

beer ppbebe

fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #1014 on: February 20, 2007, 10:39:53 AM »

i had not heard the rumour that they were waiting to release CD when second album was finished, i really hope this is the case... it would explain ALOT of the delays.

what do you guys think about CD coming out before NIN's 'year zero' on april 17th?

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #1015 on: February 20, 2007, 10:51:25 AM »

nope. I think they will not release the album anywhere close to april 17th.
nin have created this elaborate promotion, and GNR is sitting on their hands.
logically CD wont be out before may... and I hope it's out in june.
it would be a great year in music, with Year Zero, CD, and the new Smashing Pumkins album coming out on 07/07/07

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1016 on: February 20, 2007, 11:08:56 AM »

to Al 1978 and Loaded beer
I'm a quote maniac.

i had not heard the rumour that they were waiting to release CD when second album was finished,

me either. although it was confirmed that they were working on two albums at once,
I've never heard they are finishing the second one before the release of the first one.

I would be really happy if a single would be released on march 6th. Doesn't seem likely though...

singles are not released on Tuesdays, are they?

if that?s not the case i probably won?t be the only one, who`s tempt to quit the forums for a while....until something happens to be more exact.

Axl: We do hope you can hold on just a bit longer, and if not, please take a break and we'll be more than glad -- if you so choose -- to see you again later. ok
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1017 on: February 20, 2007, 11:17:54 AM »

Youre misreading this as well. ?It says when it is finalized and official you will be notified. ?If there are delays for any unseen reasons (I suppose he could get out of this if he said he always expected such and such to delay the album) you will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date. ?It says nothing about a new date being anything more then saying that there will be a new date. ?It doesnt say in regards to a concrete date. ?The next phrase, "the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible" goes to show that the new date doesnt have to and even most likely wouldnt be an official date either. ?The next line suggests that they will inform as soon as they know there will be a new date, and that the album will be out as soon as possible after they announce March 6th wont work. ?Finalized and official is in a completely different sentence and has no bearing on this sentence. ?It also says "in regard to a new date" not "with a concrete date." ?

If you take your reading of this sentence then the line about the album being out as shortly thereafter as possible makes no sense, because wouldnt it mean that the "concrete" date doesnt matter since itll be out as soon as possible regardless of this concrete date? ?

This sentence is best read as We will notify fans when the album is finalized and the release date is official. ?We will notify fans if there are any unforseen delays that would cause there to be a new release date. ?If there are unforseen delays we will get the album out as soon as possible. ?

Because there has been no word I think its pretty safe to say that the album is not done and that Axl cant think of an excuse as to why the album is not completed and they are going back on tour. ?Thats my opinion at least and thats how I read Axl's sentence and I really dont understand where "regards to new date" means "when we have a concrete date". ?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #1018 on: February 20, 2007, 11:28:12 AM »

Youre misreading this as well. ?It says when it is finalized and official you will be notified. ?If there are delays for any unseen reasons (I suppose he could get out of this if he said he always expected such and such to delay the album) you will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date. ?It says nothing about a new date being anything more then saying that there will be a new date. ?It doesnt say in regards to a concrete date. ?The next phrase, "the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible" goes to show that the new date doesnt have to and even most likely wouldnt be an official date either. ?The next line suggests that they will inform as soon as they know there will be a new date, and that the album will be out as soon as possible after they announce March 6th wont work. ?Finalized and official is in a completely different sentence and has no bearing on this sentence. ?It also says "in regard to a new date" not "with a concrete date." ?

If you take your reading of this sentence then the line about the album being out as shortly thereafter as possible makes no sense, because wouldnt it mean that the "concrete" date doesnt matter since itll be out as soon as possible regardless of this concrete date? ?

This sentence is best read as We will notify fans when the album is finalized and the release date is official. ?We will notify fans if there are any unforseen delays that would cause there to be a new release date. ?If there are unforseen delays we will get the album out as soon as possible. ?

Because there has been no word I think its pretty safe to say that the album is not done and that Axl cant think of an excuse as to why the album is not completed and they are going back on tour. ?Thats my opinion at least and thats how I read Axl's sentence and I really dont understand where "regards to new date" means "when we have a concrete date". ?

i see what you mean, but i would highlight the "once it is finalized and official" part. i think he intends that to carry through tho the rest of the statement. tho i grant that there is some ambiguity.

which i think is deliberate.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1019 on: February 20, 2007, 11:29:59 AM »

Even though nothing seems to go right/nomal in Axl's world, I think we should expect some kind of word by early March.

You do not end a succesful tour, make a scapegoat out of your manager, and claim you are going to finish this album by early March, only to approach March without any word.

The album can't be released when he said, if he keeps true to the promise of deserving promotion.

That is why I believe in the next few days an official release date will be announced, and the BestBuys/FYE's will start the advertising/promo of this album.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: