Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 08:06:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228123 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Blades of Glory!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blades of Glory!  (Read 5338 times)
Chief
Legend

« on: February 20, 2007, 01:02:36 AM »

has anyone seen this trailer yet? this movie looks great!!!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/bladesofglory/

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 02:02:10 AM »

If Farrell's in it, it's sure to be a great film.
Ax?lle
Rocker

Your on my shitlist..

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 02:28:48 AM »

looks nice  hihi

You stupid bitch? You stupid bitch? You stupid bitch? Mickey, that's what my father used to call me! I thought you'd be a little more creative than that!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 02:41:20 PM »

Am I the only one here who thinks Will Ferrel is among the least humorous men alive? 

Why do people keep paying to see this crap?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 06:47:28 PM »

Am I the only one here who thinks Will Ferrel is among the least humorous men alive??

you're definitely not alone.

Ferrel, Stiller, the Wilson brothers....when are people going to stop seeing the same movie over and over and over again. 

Wedding crashers has to be one of the most over rated movies of all time.  So not funny.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 07:46:11 PM »

Am I the only one here who thinks Will Ferrel is among the least humorous men alive? 

Ferrel, Stiller, the Wilson brothers....when are people going to stop seeing the same movie over and over and over again. 

Wedding crashers has to be one of the most over rated movies of all time.  So not funny.

Hannahat and Freedom78...Thank You!!!!!!!!!!  My wife and I tried to sit through Anchor Man the other night and couldn't do it.  It was too stupid.  Honestly, I don't get it.  Huh

PS I was hoping this was a post about Blades of Steel...definitely one of my favorite childhood video game memories.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 08:08:01 PM »

Am I the only one here who thinks Will Ferrel is among the least humorous men alive??

Ferrel, Stiller, the Wilson brothers....when are people going to stop seeing the same movie over and over and over again.?

Wedding crashers has to be one of the most over rated movies of all time.? So not funny.

PS I was hoping this was a post about Blades of Steel...definitely one of my favorite childhood video game memories.? ?beer

HHAAH awesome? ok? I thought THE EXACT SAME THING when i saw the thread title.? I think we share the same brain dude? beer? ?scary Wink

my brothers and I would discuss how many fatties, skinnies and medium sized guys you should have on your team - consumed hours of our time haha.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 08:23:31 PM »

Alright Hannahat, that's why I'm the Prez and you're the V.P.  hihi  The fat guys, skinny, and average guys were on the regular Nintendo Ice Hockey game.  Blades of Steel had the corny voice-over that said with every pass, "With the pass!  With the pass!," and you could play a tournament-style championship. 

But yes the mind-sharing thing...it is scary.  This wait for Chinese Democracy has created some sort of Vulcan mind-meld between frequent posters here at HTGTH!!!   rofl

Ferrell did a pretty good GW Bush, but that was his pinnacle...and brief parts of his movies like Old School have some laughs, that's it.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 10:28:05 PM »

Alright Hannahat, that's why I'm the Prez and you're the V.P.  hihi  The fat guys, skinny, and average guys were on the regular Nintendo Ice Hockey game.  Blades of Steel had the corny voice-over that said with every pass, "With the pass!  With the pass!," and you could play a tournament-style championship. 

But yes the mind-sharing thing...it is scary.  This wait for Chinese Democracy has created some sort of Vulcan mind-meld between frequent posters here at HTGTH!!!   rofl

Ferrell did a pretty good GW Bush, but that was his pinnacle...and brief parts of his movies like Old School have some laughs, that's it.

Was Blades of Steel an NHL game for the original NES?  Because, if so, it was a great game. 

Glad I'm not alone on the Ferrell hating.  I mean, Anchorman...he says "I like Scotch, Scotchy Scotch Scotch," and I know people who think that's comic mastery.  And, even if they were funny movies, they have very little rewatch appeal, because the premise is usually mindless. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 11:20:09 PM »

Third'd. I can't stand Farrell, and I'm waiting for people to realize that his movies are almost exactly the same every time. This one looks like one of the weakest ones yet.

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 12:58:28 AM »

Blades of Steel for NES is better!

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 01:21:03 AM »

Alright Hannahat, that's why I'm the Prez and you're the V.P.? hihi? The fat guys, skinny, and average guys were on the regular Nintendo Ice Hockey game.? Blades of Steel had the corny voice-over that said with every pass, "With the pass!? With the pass!," and you could play a tournament-style championship.?

But yes the mind-sharing thing...it is scary.? This wait for Chinese Democracy has created some sort of Vulcan mind-meld between frequent posters here at HTGTH!!!? ?rofl

I realized this ten minutes after I posted, but wasn't near a computer so I couldn't modify my post.  you're right, i was thinking of the original nintendo hockey.  but i had blades of steel as well.  i liked blades b/c you could fight in it.

regular nintendo hockey was the best, until NHL 93 came out for the sega system (was it the genesis? don't remember) f'ing amazing game.  94 and 95 were a million times faster, but i always loved 93 the most.  The ole Winnipeg Jets were unreal, the Whalers were in Hartford and they had that song they played after every goal and the penguins were just amazingly ridiculous.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 01:30:08 AM »

I realized this ten minutes after I posted, but wasn't near a computer so I couldn't modify my post.  you're right, i was thinking of the original nintendo hockey.  but i had blades of steel as well.  i liked blades b/c you could fight in it.

regular nintendo hockey was the best, until NHL 93 came out for the sega system (was it the genesis? don't remember) f'ing amazing game.  94 and 95 were a million times faster, but i always loved 93 the most.  The ole Winnipeg Jets were unreal, the Whalers were in Hartford and they had that song they played after every goal and the penguins were just amazingly ridiculous.

I forgot about the fighting!  That game was great, and I don't even like hockey.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 03:26:27 AM »

Blades of Steel for NES is better!

Oh wow, I think I still have this game!

Good times.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 04:28:13 AM »

I don't care what anybody says, Will Ferrel is fuckin hilarious. I like his style of comedy, I always have. He was great in his later years on SNL and has put out some pretty funny movies. I hate Ben Stiller, and Owen Wilson is at his best when working with Wes Anderson though I thought Wedding Crashers was good. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 05:22:27 AM »

Will Ferrell - A poor man's Chevy Chase - ands that saying something.

As for Owen Wilson..... not even gonna go there. For a start he looks like he has one nose stuck on the end of another nose.

Those guys just arent funny. But at least theyre not as bad as the Wayans.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 11:25:11 AM »

I don't care what anybody says, Will Ferrel is fuckin hilarious. I like his style of comedy, I always have. He was great in his later years on SNL and has put out some pretty funny movies. I hate Ben Stiller, and Owen Wilson is at his best when working with Wes Anderson though I thought Wedding Crashers was good. smoking

hes ok, def more entertaining then stiller and the owens.   but i feel like all he does for a laugh now is yell really loud.  its like "THIS IS FUNNY B/C I AM SHOUTING IT!!!"

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 12:18:03 PM »

I'm not judging you, at all, but with a name like "High Times," it's apparent why you find Will Ferrell humorous.  rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 12:38:29 PM »

Well if you don't think Will Ferrell is funny, then you probably also deny that San Diego was discovered by the Germans in 1904; they named it San DiAGO, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.   Oh well... agree to disagree.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 01:53:21 PM »

Anyway, the movies he was good in, there were other actors who carried the movie.  Leading roles probably aren't the best for Will Ferrell.

I agree...he was ok in Old School, because it wasn't a "Will Ferrell Movie," but a movie that had Ferrell in one of many important roles. 

I'm sure he's funny to some people, but all his humor seems the exact same to me, so it gets really old, really quickly.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: