Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:27:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  DUFF MCKAGAN Featured In New KURT COBAIN Documentary - Feb. 13, 2007
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DUFF MCKAGAN Featured In New KURT COBAIN Documentary - Feb. 13, 2007  (Read 4352 times)
tomass74
Legend

« on: February 13, 2007, 09:55:02 AM »

DUFF MCKAGAN Featured In New KURT COBAIN Documentary - Feb. 13, 2007 

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan was interviewed for the upcoming forthcoming BBC documentary "The Last 48 Hours of Kurt Cobain", which is scheduled to air on Sunday, February 18 at 10:00 p.m. on BBC2. Journalist Greg Prato recently conducted an e-mail interview with the film's director, John Dower, who also directed the 2003 Britpop documentary "Live Forever" and co-directed the 2006 soccer documentary "Once in a Lifetime: The Extraordinary Story of the New York Cosmos". The question-and-answer session follows:

Q: Will [the documentary] be shown in the U.S. eventually, and be released as a DVD?

John Dower: I hope it will be shown in the U.S. but those kinds of decisions are out of my hands.

Q: How did the idea of doing the documentary come about? What did you hope to accomplish?

John Dower: I'd never seen a documentary about Kurt Cobain that didn't either portray him as a holy rock saint or dwell on all the lunatic conspiracy theories around his death. So the idea was to make a film about what actually did happen in the last few days of his life in order to get a more measured portrait of him as a man.

Q: Who was interviewed for it?

John Dower: Those you expect in this sort of film ? former friends, musicians and record producers. But also those you might not expect such as the driver who took him to the airport for the last time, his addiction counsellor at rehab, as well as others whose crossed paths with him in the last few days of his life.

Q: How does it differ from past Kurt Cobain documentaries ("Kurt and Courtney") and books ("Heavier than Heaven")?

John Dower: "Kurt and Courtney" is more about the filmmaker's battle with Courtney Love and the conspiracy theories that surround his death. In my mind, Kurt Cobain killed himself and this film goes a little way to perhaps showing why. The author of "Heavier than Heaven", Charles Cross, is in our film.

Q: Any interesting tales/new info you'd like to share (as a sneak peek)?

John Dower: Kurt Cobain was a fan of the teeenage crooner Bobby Sherman.

For more information on "The Last 48 Hours of Kurt Cobain", click here. 

Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 10:51:25 AM »

I still say Axl hired Duff to take out curt.  I remember in an interview Duff said he was on the same plane as curt on his final trip back to seatle or wherever he died.   rofl

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
darkdays_01
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 04:16:35 PM »

I still say Axl hired Duff to take out curt.? I remember in an interview Duff said he was on the same plane as curt on his final trip back to seatle or wherever he died.? ?rofl

That isnt even funny . Duff and Kurt actually had a lot of history. Too bad things ended the way they did with Kurt. Maybe him and Duff would have ended up in a band together.
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 04:55:56 PM »

it aint funny dude

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 07:51:23 PM »

I still say Axl hired Duff to take out curt.? I remember in an interview Duff said he was on the same plane as curt on his final trip back to seatle or wherever he died.? ?rofl

I believe it's actually Kurt, not Curt.

But yeah I remember Duff saying something about seeing him on a plane a few days before he died.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 05:33:28 AM »

yeah - duff and Kurt were next to each other on a plane to Seattle, where Cobain was going back to and would be found dead just days later. I recall a quote with Duff saying that after he heard he wished he'd talked more to Kurt and offered him a lift or something.

here we are:

Cobain had just absconded from the Exodus rehab facility in Marina Del Rey after just two days? treatment. ?I knew from all my instincts something was wrong,? remembered McKagan. He offered him a ride from the airport, but Cobain slipped away.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 05:53:02 AM »

Yes, it was on BBC2 in the UK, and Duff was surprisingly coherent and sober. I didn't record it. He said Kurt was the second greatest rock frontman of all time, behind Scott Weiland.

I made the last bit up  ok
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 06:15:32 AM »

Yes, it was on BBC2 in the UK, and Duff was surprisingly coherent and sober. I didn't record it. He said Kurt was the second greatest rock frontman of all time, behind Scott Weiland.

I made the last bit up ok

the bit bout greatest frontman of all time please say lol.

html sucks
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 07:59:20 AM »

Good programme - Duff was talking a lot about the time he was with Kurt on the flight to Seattle a couple of days before Cobain's suicide. He also spoke about Seattle and his opinions on Kurt etc at that time. Also a bit about his own problems with addicition. He got a lot of screen time. Definitely worth a watch for the Duff bits - the rest was nothing insightful. Good to see interviews with Chad Channing though.

TWT - he was 'surprisingly sober and coherent' because he hasnt had a drink for about 10 years and took up kickboxing instead. He was looking good and seemed very well.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
YouKnowYoureRight
Banned
Headliner

I am the bad boy of the GN'R forums

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 01:26:23 PM »

I made the last bit up? ok

He did not even talk about the greatest rock frontman of all time.
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 03:25:58 PM »

for all the new GNR fans, they called him ex bassist of guns n roses

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 04:05:24 PM »

l missed it Cry

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 04:40:44 PM »

Wow, thats really funny.  I cant believe you just made that up man, really clever stuff.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 06:31:05 PM »

Why so surprised? Isn't Duff sober now a days?

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 08:11:57 PM »

Axl Rose is a sore subject with Duff.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 08:14:47 PM »

I still say Axl hired Duff to take out curt.  I remember in an interview Duff said he was on the same plane as curt on his final trip back to seatle or wherever he died.   rofl

That isnt even funny . Duff and Kurt actually had a lot of history. Too bad things ended the way they did with Kurt. Maybe him and Duff would have ended up in a band together.

Now that would be something.  Cry

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 08:46:20 PM »

Duff and Kurt actually had a lot of history. 

They did?
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 09:58:42 PM »

I made the last bit up ok

lol!

duff fuckin rocks!

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 10:37:29 PM »

I made the last bit up? ok

Let's stay on topic plaese.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: