Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:32:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Audioslave
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Audioslave  (Read 60683 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #160 on: October 15, 2005, 04:17:59 AM »

I'll admit I wasn't very impressed with Out of Exile the first few times I listened to it, but I just discovered the song "Dandelion"... its amazing!  The rest of the album is still kind of up in the air for me, but this song is great.

I would've liked to see that Toronto show, I haven't caught these guys live yet.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2005, 09:33:51 AM »

Travis Hay of Seattle Post-Intelligencer recently conducted an in-depth interview with AUDIOSLAVE/ex-SOUNDGARDEN frontman Chris Cornell. A few excerpts from the chat follow:
"The song on 'Out of Exile' that opens the record we also open with every night, 'Your Time Has Come', was received by the band as a political statement, but to me it wasn't. It was personal. It was kind of a reflection. I have met a lot of people over the years who have died for stupid reasons, in accidents or whatever, and when I looked back at it the list got longer and longer.

"In the bridge of the song I draw a correlation between the people I know who have died unfortunately and my visit to the Vietnam War Memorial, where you just see what seems like an infinite amount of names of young people who died for something that's ridiculous. They (Cornell's current band members) took it very much as that song being a political statement and I guess it depends on how you look at it."

Seattle Post-Intelligencer: How does it feel different being onstage with Tim, Brad and Tom than it did with (former SOUNDGARDEN members) Kim (Thayil), Matt (Cameron) and Ben (Shepard)?

Chris Cornell: "It's really hard to compare. In some ways there are similarities. Tom is an innovative guitar player who is educated and Kim was an innovative guitar player who is educated. They are both from the Chicago suburbs and they're both not white. Timmy and Ben are both very eccentric, very aggressive and both have a very powerful presence on stage. Matt and Brad have a lot of similarities in terms of their personalities and in terms of confidence that me, as a musician, can have when either one of those people are behind me.

"As a group performing it's a completely different ball game. Brad, Tim and Tom have been in a band together for so long I think between the three of them have a sense of subconscious timing, rhythm and feel that is unlike any band I have ever played with."

Seattle Post-Intelligencer: Do you still talk to Kim and Ben and Matt?

Chris Cornell: "Yeah. We've remained friends since the breakup of SOUNDGARDEN. There was no animosity in the breakup of SOUNDGARDEN. So we are all still friends."

Seattle Post-Intelligencer: I suppose the question all the Seattle readers want to know is that since you have never really ruled out a SOUNDGARDEN reunion do you think it will happen?

Chris Cornell: "You know I don't know where the motivation to do so would come from and the longer we're not together I have a harder time imagining where that motivation might come from. I don't think there are too many rock bands in history that can look at the beginning and middle and ending of themselves and see what I see when I think of SOUNDGARDEN. I think from the beginning through the middle and the end it was such a perfect ride and such a perfect legacy to leave.

"It's almost like we sealed the lid and said this is SOUNDGARDEN and this is its lifespan and put it out there and it looks really great to me. I think getting back together would take the lid off that and then could possibly change what to up to now to me seems like the perfect lifespan of the band. I can't think of any reason to mess with that. Everyone in the band is doing other things musically and everyone in the band is very proud of SOUNDGARDEN. To answer your question, probably not."

Seattle Post-Intelligencer: Are there any SOUNDGARDEN songs you would not play or anything RAGE that is off limits since you are mixing in those songs into your sets?

Chris Cornell: "Thus far we have only done SOUNDGARDEN songs I wrote all the music for. That started out mainly because I thought it might feel a little weird. You can't replace Kim or Ben or Matt. I felt like if we're going to do a SOUNDGARDEN song I would prefer it be something I wrote because I feel closer to it and less like I am taking it out of the context of SOUNDGARDEN. At this point I feel like the fans as well as the ex-member of SOUNDGARDEN should feel like it is a tribute, because that's what it is really.

"Tom and Brad and Tim were huge fans of SOUNDGARDEN before I ever met them. The songs we have played they play incredibly well, they take very seriously and they love. The reverse is true for the RAGE songs. I love the RAGE songs that we do and it's such a different feeling. It adds something to the live sets I wouldn't bring on my own. It's not something I would have thought to bring. But I can go there and I enjoy. What a gift that is for us to have such long legacies of such varied musical fields and tap into any time we want and we can make them ours and they're good. We're in a really good spot."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #162 on: October 26, 2005, 04:22:19 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: AUDIOSLAVE is currently in the middle of its first major North American tour since the release of "Out of Exile", which finds the band headlining arenas on its own for the first time. Lead singer Chris Cornell told Launch that the trek couldn't be going better. "It's been great," he said. "We started in Bakersfield (California) and it was incredible, it was off the chain. The audience was amazing and we're for sure gonna go back. And it just kind has run like that the whole time. It's great to be able to play the new songs and have people know them, and we're also playing new songs that are gonna be on our third record. So it's pretty exciting to be Audioslave and play these shows."

AUDIOSLAVE did a short run of North American dates just before "Out of Exile"'s May 24 release.

As on that tour, AUDIOSLAVE is playing songs from its members' previous groups, SOUNDGARDEN, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE and TEMPLE OF THE DOG.

The band is joined on the current jaunt by openers SEETHER and KASABIAN.

AUDIOSLAVE released a concert DVD, "Live In Cuba", earlier this month.

The band plays tonight (Wednesday, October 26) in Fairfax, Virginia.

Evolution
« Reply #163 on: October 26, 2005, 04:57:17 PM »

drool What a bill.

I love the Doesn't Remind Me video
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2005, 08:49:25 PM »

MTV.com reports: During Saturday's (Oct. 29) performance at New York's Madison Square Garden, AUDIOSLAVE frontman Chris Cornell told the crowd the band is finished writing all of the material for its third album. The group then played, for the first time, one of the tracks that'll make the LP. Cornell said the song was still untitled, and even had its lyrics written down on the stage so he wouldn't forget them. "I only wrote them last week," he said.

AUDIOSLAVE is currently in the middle of its first major North American tour since the release of their sophomore album, "Out of Exile", which finds the band headlining arenas on its own for the first time.

AUDIOSLAVE did a short run of North American dates just before "Out of Exile"'s May 24 release.

As on that tour, AUDIOSLAVE is playing songs from its members' previous groups, SOUNDGARDEN, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE and TEMPLE OF THE DOG.

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2005, 09:39:52 PM »

wow thats crazy, i'd love to see the album next year. i saw them in April and they kicked ass.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2005, 08:42:31 PM »

AUDIOSLAVE guitarist Tom Morello recently spoke to MTV.com about the songwriting process for the group's third album, which is tentatively expected next year.

"When we wrote and recorded the first AUDIOSLAVE record, we had played zero shows together as a band," Morello explained. "Then, we had that year-plus of touring, and I think the band continues to jell. I think we've never played better as a live band, and to be able to take that evolving live chemistry and weave it into the songwriting in the studio is something that's exciting to do."

AUDIOSLAVE have been performing some of this fresh material ? which will be recorded and whittled into the band's third LP ? live. "We've been rotating about five that we're comfortable enough to play live," Morello said of tracks including "One and the Same" and "Sound of a Gun". "We've been playing one a night," he explained.

"We were home in Los Angeles in our rehearsal studio, writing the songs like we do with everybody in the room, with just a free exchange of ideas," Morello added. "There's a great deal of confidence we have in each other and in anybody's ability to bring in an idea that will blossom into the next AUDIOSLAVE song. These songs came together fairly quickly because we write on sort of a song-a-day pace. It feels like a very special and unique thing with this band that we can have, at the end of a day, pretty much a complete song together ? with riffs, verse, chorus, melodies, guitar solos all pretty much there."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2005, 08:38:49 PM »

AUDIOSLAVE will be the featured musical guests on NBC-TV's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Tuesday, November 22.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2005, 10:53:09 AM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: SEETHER is nearing the end of its run as opening act on AUDIOSLAVE's North American tour, and frontman Shaun Morgan told Launch that AUDIOSLAVE singer Chris Cornell recently helped create one memory that will stay with Morgan for a long time. "About a week ago, Chris asked if I would do 'Fell on Black Days' with him, 'cause he comes out at the end of the set and does, like, a three-or-four-song solo thing and then the band comes in and finishes the set," he said. "So I've done it with him now three times and that, for me, has been incredible, being onstage, standing next to Chris Cornell, just him and an acoustic guitar, and we're both singing 'Fell on Black Days', which as a kid was one of my favorite songs and still is one of my favorite songs."

Cornell originally sang "Fell on Black Days" with his previous band, SOUNDGARDEN, on its 1994 "Superunknown" album.

SEETHER plays a headlining show tonight (Wednesday, November 16) in Sparks, Nevada, and opens two final shows for AUDIOSLAVE on Friday (November 18) in Long Beach, California and Saturday (November 19) in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The band next heads to Europe as it continues supporting its 2005 sophomore effort, "Karma and Effect", and current single, "Truth".

Morgan told Launch that SEETHER will headline the 2006 Sno-Core Tour, set to begin in late January. SHINEDOWN and two yet-to-be-announced bands will also be on the bill.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2005, 11:18:36 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: AUDIOSLAVE has given its fans a real thrill at its 2005 concerts by playing material from the band members' previous acts, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE and SOUNDGARDEN. Bassist Tim Commerford, formerly of RAGE, told Launch that as a SOUNDGARDEN fan, he's been enjoying himself as well. "SOUNDGARDEN rules," he said. "It's fun to play the songs. It's very challenging to play SOUNDGARDEN songs, and an example is, like, 'Rusty Cage'. We've been playing that in our set here recently, and it's a song that I've heard thousands of times, and we had to learn it, and it wasn't easy, and I understand it now on a musical level, and I have more respect for SOUNDGARDEN."

AUDIOSLAVE wraps up its first headlining trip through North American arenas tomorrow night (Saturday, November 19) in Las Vegas, Nevada. The band will perform on NBC-TV's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" next Tuesday (November 22).

AUDIOSLAVE plans to head home and continue working on the follow-up to this year's sophomore album, "Out of Exile". The band has written and recorded some new material over the past few months, and has even played a few new songs on its current tour. The group is also launching an official fan club. More info can be found at Audioslave.com.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #170 on: November 21, 2005, 08:45:31 AM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: SEETHER warmed up for AUDIOSLAVE for the last time Saturday night (November 19) in Las Vegas, Nevada, as the latter band's headlining North American tour came to a close. SEETHER singer and guitarist Shaun Morgan told Launch that opening for AUDIOSLAVE has been an amazing experience. "Being on the road with guys that we've been fans of for many, many years ? in their respective bands, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE and SOUNDGARDEN ? being a fan of AUDIOSLAVE as well, it's been a really fun experience for me," he said. "Just seeing the way they are with people, and just seeing their work ethic, and the people that they are has been really great. They've treated us really well, they've been really nice to us, and we've hung out with them all on numerous occasions, so it's been one of the few tours where you're out with a really big band that you end up really getting on with really well."

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2005, 10:49:23 AM »

AUDIOSLAVE will perform their latest single, "Doesn't Remind Me", on VH1's "Big In '05". You can catch the performance at the times below.

Sunday, Dec. 4 at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 4 at 11:00 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 5 at 2:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 6 at 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 8 at 12:00 a.m.
Friday, Dec. 9 at 11:00 a.m.

Also scheduled to perform on the show are DEF LEPPARD, FALL OUT BOY, BECK and INXS.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2005, 05:21:01 PM »

MTV.com is reporting that AUDIOSLAVE have already tracked a few songs for their third album with producer Brendan O'Brien, who's produced or mixed most of the major rock bands of the past 20 years, including SOUNDGARDEN and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE.

"We've all worked with him before in our previous bands and we've already actually recorded a couple of songs with him for the new record and it was great," singer Chris Cornell said.

"He's an amazing guy, a great musician," added bassist Tim Commerford.

AUDIOSLAVE have 20 songs written and will return to the studio in early January to finish recording them.

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #173 on: December 12, 2005, 06:49:13 PM »

MTV.com is reporting that AUDIOSLAVE have already tracked a few songs for their third album with producer Brendan O'Brien, who's produced or mixed most of the major rock bands of the past 20 years, including SOUNDGARDEN and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE.

"We've all worked with him before in our previous bands and we've already actually recorded a couple of songs with him for the new record and it was great," singer Chris Cornell said.

AUDIOSLAVE have 20 songs written and will return to the studio in early January to finish recording them.

AWESOME!!!

Didn't Brendan O'Brien mix the Stone Temple Pilots records too??

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #174 on: December 12, 2005, 09:30:13 PM »

Which Soundgarden album did he work on?

Evolution
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2005, 09:39:41 PM »

Nice one. They took their time releasing album 2 didn't they?
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #176 on: December 13, 2005, 05:01:19 PM »

he mixed Superunknown

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #177 on: December 13, 2005, 06:28:44 PM »

he mixed Superunknown
I love that album. Its one of the best albums of the 90's. I wonder if they'll go for the same kind of sound as Superunknown? It sounded alot different than Soundgarden's previous albums.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #178 on: January 04, 2006, 08:19:08 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: AUDIOSLAVE is getting ready to enter the studio and begin recording its third album, just eight months after the release of its second effort, "Out of Exile". Lead singer Chris Cornell told Launch that the band doesn't plan to stay off the road for very long, even while recording the new album. "Probably before that record comes out we'll be out playing shows again," he said. "The idea is just to break down what has been the normal cycle of a year and a half on the road, a year and a half making a record, not get so far away from one world or the other world. I think that that makes better music, I think it makes for a better live show, I think it makes a better band."

Cornell posted a message at the band's official web site just before the holidays in which he wrote, "We are very happy to be recording so quickly after 'Out of Exile' was released. Not long after this we will be back out on the road. Thanks so much for your continued support. See you all next year!"

AUDIOSLAVE played several new songs live on its last North American tour.

On the personal front, Cornell and his wife Vicky had their second child together, a son named Christopher Nicholas Cornell, on December 5, while AUDIOSLAVE drummer Brad Wilk got married on December 10 to his girlfriend of 10 years, SEVEN YEAR BITCH vocalist Selene Vigil.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2006, 03:04:05 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: AUDIOSLAVE will release its third album this June, a spokesperson for the band's label has told Launch. An exact release date, title and track listing are not available yet, although it is known that the band began working on new music as early as last summer, with work picking up again shortly after the Christmas and New Year holidays. Although there was a two-and-a-half year gap between the band's self-titled 2002 debut and its 2005 sophomore effort, "Out Of Exile", the new disc will arrive just over a year since "Out Of Exile"'s release last May.

AUDIOSLAVE plans to get back on the road sometime in early 2006, according to recent postings at the band's official web site. Lead singer Chris Cornell has been in the news recently for suing his ex-wife and SOUNDGARDEN manager Susan Silver, claiming she overstepped her professional boundaries and also conspired to keep money and personal property from him.

AUDIOSLAVE's single, "Doesn't Remind Me", has been nominated for a Grammy in the category of Hard Rock Performance.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: