Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:31:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Audioslave
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Audioslave  (Read 60618 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2005, 09:03:24 AM »

I bought the new album Out Of Exile today and I'm 5 songs into listening to it, and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed so far. ok

It's definitely more laidback than the first album, but that doesn't take away from how good it seems to be.

I'll write up a full review when I've listened to it all the way through a few times.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #121 on: May 23, 2005, 11:02:27 AM »

It's definitely more laidback than the first album, but that doesn't take away from how good it seems to be.

U just saved by some money then

I want proper kick ass tunes, laidback ain't gonna work for me at the mo

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #122 on: May 23, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »

I got the new album today..so far I?ve hear only 2 songs.....very nice, the same sound but nice.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #123 on: May 23, 2005, 04:32:20 PM »

I've now listened to the album 3 times.

It is great, and I can't wait to see them in London in a few weeks time. ok

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2005, 04:55:38 PM »

I heard that the album has very few rockers. I'm thinking about buying it. Someone post a review!

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2005, 08:39:05 PM »

U just saved by some money then

I want proper kick ass tunes, laidback ain't gonna work for me at the mo

Don't get me wrong, this album still has some good rock stuff, overall it's just in a different style to the first album.
The album I liken this to is Temple Of The Dog, which had some great songs on it.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2005, 09:57:22 PM »

Here's my review after only a couple of listens, but so far I'm impressed with every track.

Your Time Has Come
Great album opener, and a great upbeat rock song overall. Audioslave are back with a vengeance!
The one thing I found a little unusual, is that for such an upbeat song, Chris sings about long lost dead acquaintances.

Out Of Exile
A marching drumbeat opens this track before the rest of the band kick in. Has a huge groove and would fit alongside anything on the first album. A pretty cool solo too, Tom shreds a bit rather than just adding some weird noises.

Be Yourself
This album's equivalent of Like A Stone. At first listen the chorus lyrics seem a little tame by Chris' usual standards, but after looking at the verse lyrics, it's quite deeper than what you might think.

Doesn't Remind Me
Laidback catchy track that will have you singing along with it before the first chorus kicks in.
Has a solo that sounds like Tom honed the spirit of Jimi Hendrix for, before going into some cool shredding.

Drown Me Slowly
More huge grooving like only this band is capable of. The chorus sounds like Superunknown era Soundgarden! Great track with some screaming chorus vocals from Chris.

Heavens Dead
Another laidback track with another huge groove. Chris Cornell gives a great vocal performance, like he does on all the tracks.

The Worm
Another rocker that sounds similar to Soundgarden, with more strong vocals from Chris.

Man Or Animal
A fast drumbeat opens this track before Toms funky punk-like riff kicks in with Chris' spitting vocals. A fast in-yer-face punk rocker!

Yesterday To Tomorrow
This song reminds me a little of I Am The Highway, it has a similar pace and delivery, but a great track on it's own. Very epic sounding.

Dandelion
More laidback jangly guitar, singalong type stuff, with some cool rocking parts. Sounds a bit like Vs era Pearl Jam.

#1 Zero
Sounds like Exploder off the first album, but without the big rocking chorus. Once again Tom Morello hones Jimi Hendrix for the solo and then goes into some Buckethead like shredding, before returning back to the slow groove that starts the song.

The Curse
Slow heavy crunchy grooving, which again brings Soundgarden to mind. And again, more catchy melodies that work their way into your head after one listen.

Overall it's a great album which has more than it's fair share of both rockers and ballads, most of which still have the huge Audioslave groove to them. And when I say the album is more laidback, it just seems as though the band has really gelled and are more comfortable with eachother and the results are outstanding.

I think Soundgarden, Temple Of The Dog and early Pearl Jam fans will love this album, because I sure do. beer

Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2005, 09:09:37 AM »

Ok, after spending two days with the album I can totally say I like it. The first few times I listened to it I thought it was a bit weak but it?s been growing on me...good album, even though I like the first one better. One thing about Out Of Exile is that its lyrics are so much "happier", Chris ain?t talking about sunflowers and lollipops but you can clearly see a ray of light and hope in his lyrics and that shows in his singing, take for example Heaven?s Dead or The Curse.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2005, 09:36:47 AM »

I have to agree with metallex, this is the sound of a band finding itself. I loved their debut, but this is a very good evolution, Tom really lets loose on the guitar on this one. There were quite a few times listening to this in my car last night that I had to go back to confirm that I actually heard him do what I thought. A pretty solid album all the way through. I'm listening to it for just the second time now as I write this but there is no filler tracks on this. I'm definitely going to have to check them out live when they come around.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2005, 12:10:56 AM »

Not that I'm a huge fan or anything, but I did think the first album was pretty good.  This one is way too laid back.  Some of the tracks on the first album really rocked.  Nothing on this new one that I've heard impresses me too much.  Its like a whole album of Like A Stone, and I hate that fucking song.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2005, 01:24:55 AM »

Not that I'm a huge fan or anything, but I did think the first album was pretty good.? This one is way too laid back.? Some of the tracks on the first album really rocked.? Nothing on this new one that I've heard impresses me too much.? Its like a whole album of Like A Stone, and I hate that fucking song.

You've gotta be kidding, did you listen to the same album I did?
The one I've got has some great rockers on there - Your Time Has Come, Drown Me Slowly, The Worm and Man Or Animal. And even the mid-tempo songs rock ok

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2005, 07:00:54 PM »

Out of exile debuted at # 1 on the billboard charts.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2005, 07:03:23 PM »

Opinions may of course vary, but to say that the whole album sound like "Like a Stone" is just not on target by any means.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2005, 04:04:17 AM »

Ok, I admit that was an exageration.  However, on the first album there were a couple tunes that really struck me as really good rock songs.  Nothing struck me like that on the second album.  However, I only listened to it once and not all the way through.  Maybe it'll grow on me?  I doubt it though.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2005, 10:01:24 AM »

I fuckin love numbrr 4.."Dosent Remind Me Of Anyhting"..Thats a good fuckin tune

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2005, 10:19:24 AM »

I fuckin love numbrr 4.."Dosent Remind Me Of Anyhting"..Thats a good fuckin tune

Yeah, its got such a catchy chorus, I love it too. It's definitely one of the better songs in the album. ok

Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2005, 11:52:44 AM »

I am completely in love with this album yeah its a lot more laid back than the last record, my fav track is Heavens Dead a kick ass album and some kick ass solo's

EEEERRRR Little boy
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2005, 12:08:43 PM »

Heaven's dead is a really good track .

My favorite though is Man Or Animal.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2005, 08:12:45 AM »

According to Billboard.com, AUDIOSLAVE plan to make a quick return to the studio after their European festival tour ends July 10 in Dublin to record some of the material the band have been working on since the release of their sophomore album, "Out of Exile" (Interscope/Epic).

"What we'd like to do is blur the lines between rehearsing, recording and touring," guitarist Tom Morello told Billboard.com. "It's healthy to constantly be writing and recording music. We want to keep fresh. Everybody has been playing great on this tour, and we want to take some of that momentum while it's hot and write some songs, record and then go back on tour in the States."

Although dates are still being ironed out, the fall outing is expected to begin Sept. 29 and run for two months. Fans will be treated to a number of tunes from band members' past legacies in RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE ("Bulls on Parade", "Sleep Now in the Fire") and SOUNDGARDEN ("Spoonman", "Outshined", "Loud Love"). The group is even dusting off material from the grunge supergroup TEMPLE OF THE DOG, of which AUDIOSLAVE frontman Chris Cornell was a primary contributor.

"We've been doing TEMPLE's 'Say Hello 2 Heaven' and 'Call Me a Dog'," Morello said. "Chris does a gorgeous acoustic version of (SOUNDGARDEN's) 'Black Hole Sun'. We've married our past to our future and we feel comfortable drawing from all those records. We've been having a great time doing it, and people lose their ever-loving minds."

"Out of Exile" has sold 525,056 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2005, 11:23:57 PM »

New Tour Dates Posted

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: