Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:17:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What "Chinese Democracy" may look (or sound?) like
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What "Chinese Democracy" may look (or sound?) like  (Read 13495 times)
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2007, 04:38:09 PM »

Contraband is average, while Better is really a very good song.

I don't think VR will be talked about in 20 years, while Better will maybe still be around.
That's the difference.? Tongue

Very biased view.

Better is pretty good as far as songs go, but as far as saying it will be a song talked about in 20 years (such as WTTJ)? Thats pretty ridiculous.

how do you know?have you lived 20 years in the future before? hihi you can never be sure of anything to come in the future bud remember that ok

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2007, 04:46:34 PM »

Contraband is average, while Better is really a very good song.

I don't think VR will be talked about in 20 years, while Better will maybe still be around.
That's the difference.  Tongue

Very biased view.

Better is pretty good as far as songs go, but as far as saying it will be a song talked about in 20 years (such as WTTJ)? Thats pretty ridiculous.

how do you know?have you lived 20 years in the future before? hihi you can never be sure of anything to come in the future bud remember that ok

wait and see.

Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2007, 04:54:42 PM »

haha i wasnt saying i think it will or anything  hihi im just saying...you cant be sure whats gunna happen tomorrow let alone in 20 years....I'm only 14 but..who here thought theyd have to wait this long for new original material from Guns?

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
src
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2007, 07:07:50 PM »

why did you leave out rhiad, even though it was written on the setlist from gnr.com?

you say, that prostitute and if the world will most likely be on the record, because they?re mentioned...? following that logic, rhiad is also going to be on the album. there are no facts denying, that catcher in the rye and rhiad will appear on chinese democracy anyways...

dizzy wrote the intro and the bridge to the blues by the way.

most of your "song credits" are baseless speculation anyways...

Sure, I could've added it... I was just tired of writing, and I don't think it will be on the album. I do think it has been stated a bunch of times that it will not. Your logic also fails because there's one major difference between these songs: "Riyadh" was played before. The other two were not.

About credits, I think you're undermining me if you think it's mostly speculations. There's sources for every single claim here; Pitman writing "Madagascar", Freese writing "Chinese Democracy", Brain bringing in "The General" etc. Dizzy said Axl wrote all the lyrics for the album... The only thing I think is speculative is that I say Tobias MAY have co-written "I.R.S." I can't always reveal everything, but I did add that for a reason.

What I tried saying before is that I don't in any way think this are the complete credits. But we'll just have to wait and see for a few months.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2007, 07:22:49 PM »

why did you leave out rhiad, even though it was written on the setlist from gnr.com?

you say, that prostitute and if the world will most likely be on the record, because they?re mentioned...  following that logic, rhiad is also going to be on the album. there are no facts denying, that catcher in the rye and rhiad will appear on chinese democracy anyways...

dizzy wrote the intro and the bridge to the blues by the way.

most of your "song credits" are baseless speculation anyways...

Sure, I could've added it... I was just tired of writing, and I don't think it will be on the album. I do think it has been stated a bunch of times that it will not. Your logic also fails because there's one major difference between these songs: "Riyadh" was played before. The other two were not.

About credits, I think you're undermining me if you think it's mostly speculations. There's sources for every single claim here; Pitman writing "Madagascar", Freese writing "Chinese Democracy", Brain bringing in "The General" etc. Dizzy said Axl wrote all the lyrics for the album... The only thing I think is speculative is that I say Tobias MAY have co-written "I.R.S." I can't always reveal everything, but I did add that for a reason.

What I tried saying before is that I don't in any way think this are the complete credits. But we'll just have to wait and see for a few months.

well... 3 year old dizzy reed interviews don`t really count as sources... it`s obvious, that noone, not even axl or merck, knew which songs would be on the record until now. so it doesn`t matter, if dizzy said rhiad will or won`t be on CD in 2004.....   the fact, that it has been played before doesn?t matter as well. silkworms was played before, but doesn`t appear on the setlist. rhiad being on the record is as likely as if the world, citr or any other song being on it. we have no clue and we surely won?t find an answer by speculating....

brain having written the general is also only speculation from your side. if i remember correctly dizzy mentioned the song along with brain, but he didn?t say that brain wrote it.

as you said, we`ll have to wait and see......which is another reason, why these "credits" are completely useless...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2007, 02:44:52 AM »

If these "credits" are useless for you, then it's fine. I think that it is a nice piece of "information" for some fans.
I don't say that all stuff is 100% accurate, but he tried to gather as much reliable stuff as possible.

And I do believe that the band decided at one point in the past what songs could be on the album and what songs won't be for sure. So I believe that even a 3 years old interview is a reliable source.
Of course 3 years are a long time, but like I said those interviews seem very reliable to me.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 02:46:33 AM by mj23 » Logged
src
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2007, 05:39:26 AM »

brain having written the general is also only speculation from your side. if i remember correctly dizzy mentioned the song along with brain, but he didn?t say that brain wrote it.

Dizzy: Last year Brain had this song called "The General" that was really cool.

Most credits are mostly incomplete, but I can't see any other way to understand this quote.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2007, 07:31:53 AM »

Have more patients damn it. We will see soon...hopefully...I mean, this is very similar thread as most of the threads about the album. Don't get me wrong, the review of the songs was a cool read but for Christ sake, it's turning over to "it will be the best album ever" or "it will suck"...just hold the line a few more weeks...hopefully...we will see.

"...It don't really matter..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2007, 02:01:21 PM »

I think I saw an dizzy interview where he talks about the blues to the effect that the song means lots as it's the first song they made as a band.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2007, 04:39:35 PM »

"I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

Axl, January 2006

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: