Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:56:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR in MEXICO. Source inside. Sounds reliable.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR in MEXICO. Source inside. Sounds reliable.  (Read 6415 times)
Mahler_22
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: February 16, 2007, 01:08:32 PM »

As we all know, this rumors has been circulating the net for few days..  This is taken from a newspaper of mexico, called:  el universal.  They say "OCESA" is almost done with the negociations of bringin GNR to mexico.  Here's the article in spanish.. 14 feb was the day it was published:

http://estadis.eluniversal.com.mx/espectaculos/74567.html

Interesting though, is that the reporter mention that 70 shows are booked on this leg..  Undecided i dont know if this is true.. but GNR is coming here!!  peace beer drool
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 01:10:47 PM »

70 shows in those countries? Oh my...

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Mahler_22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 01:12:51 PM »

Yeah, weird, but i dont think its the case.. it would be like, somewhat nonsense to make 70 shows on what? like 7 contries,, this would mean each country get like 10 shows???   dont see it happenin though...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 01:13:16 PM »

Yeah, weird, but i dont think its the case.. it would be like, somewhat nonsense to make 70 shows on what? like 7 contries,, this would mean each country get like 10 shows?Huh ?dont see it happenin though...

I think we need a translation hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 01:13:57 PM »

I think it's a good sign that there a gigs in the future, imo it means CD is coming and this is the official Chinese Democracy World Tour, unlike the one we had last year. This tour will (my guess) have much more of the new songs, and less of the old.

But that's just my take on it  Undecided

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 01:17:13 PM »

it says that is 70 dates altogether, the whole tour they are also misinforming saying that is a reunion.

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 01:22:20 PM »

Reunion? rofl

Now THAT just made it very unreliable to me.

Wonder if they're coming to Europe again though?... Now THAT'S something I actually care about  Wink

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 01:24:08 PM »

Wow all this tour activity behind the scenes makes me believe we might actually get a press release soon.

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Mahler_22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 01:26:31 PM »

Shit happens.... that is confusion generated by the media.... ? sadly, yes... they quote band members, ? confused ?dont know from where and when...

?i mean, ?most of the people here in mexico dont know about the new band... ?and believe me, i've been to a lot of concerts here in mexico, and knowing my country, im scared that when gnr comes here, it turns another download festival (when people started to leave and booing on the first part)... shit. ?

But it doesnt specifically says its a reunion,, the reporter has no idea of who is in the band except for Axl.

It is reliable though.. it was published on various states around the country, and it talks about ocesa, which is the promoter who has brought manson, rammstein, limp bizkit, korn, mudvayne to name a few... ? of course, it doesnt prove shit, but generally when something like this happen, its almost sure it happens though,.
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 01:30:20 PM »

generally when something like this happen, its almost sure it happens though,.

Bear in mind, it's Gn'R we're talking about here  hihi  Even though something may generally happen, we can always forget about that when it's GN'R  yes

Mahler_22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 01:34:51 PM »

generally when something like this happen, its almost sure it happens though,.

Bear in mind, it's Gn'R we're talking about here? hihi? Even though something may generally happen, we can always forget about that when it's GN'R? yes

Thats exactly what i was thinkin!!!   Grin
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 01:37:46 PM »

like 7 contries,, this would mean each country get like 10 shows???   dont see it happenin though...

Maybe in more than the 7 countries already named?

a reunion,

sort of?  Grin

Brain is good and will return this year
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 02:16:30 PM »

This is the best I can do

Guns n? Roses, in Mexico

According to a spokesman of the development one Ocesa, the negotiations with the interpreters of "Dont Cry" and "November rain" is in the advanced stages, and the visit of Guns n? Roses to the Mexican capital is almost a fact
Natalia Gray
The Universal
Wednesday February 14, 2007

Guns n? Roses joins with the bands that will carry out you revolve world, like part of its expected reunions in the settings, and will visit Mexico to ends of this year, as part of its Chinese Democracy World Tour 2007, that the group headed by Axl Rose will initiate in April next.  Diverse places on the internet, including www.bravewords.com, already they have reported on the plans of Rose and company of visiting Mexico, besides other places as Japan, south Africa, Thailandia, South America, Australia and United States, in a tour that for now understands 70 presentations. 

This it would be the third occasion that Guns n? Roses tour in the Aztec, after in April of 1992 had a successful d?but in the sports center, and a year later returned to act in the same setting. 

The new disk of Guns n? Roses, titled Chinese democracy, will be launched in March next, and according to the members of the band this will be "our great return to the music and the most exciting one for the group and ours faithful admiring". 

After diverse announcements on the exit of Chinese democracy, Axl Rose published an open letter in the official place of Guns n? Roses, in December passed, and for the first time in many years, was risked to announce an official date for the launch of the album:  March 6, 2007. 

"This it is the first time that plan a date for this album.  Other dates that have circulated were invented by other, by its own reasons", expressed Rose.

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 02:31:20 PM »

This is the best I can do

Guns n? Roses, in Mexico

According to a spokesman of the development one Ocesa, the negotiations with the interpreters of "Dont Cry" and "November rain" is in the advanced stages, and the visit of Guns n? Roses to the Mexican capital is almost a fact
Natalia Gray
The Universal
Wednesday February 14, 2007

Guns n? Roses joins with the bands that will carry out you revolve world, like part of its expected reunions in the settings, and will visit Mexico to ends of this year, as part of its Chinese Democracy World Tour 2007, that the group headed by Axl Rose will initiate in April next.? Diverse places on the internet, including www.bravewords.com, already they have reported on the plans of Rose and company of visiting Mexico, besides other places as Japan, south Africa, Thailandia, South America, Australia and United States, in a tour that for now understands 70 presentations.?

This it would be the third occasion that Guns n? Roses tour in the Aztec, after in April of 1992 had a successful d?but in the sports center, and a year later returned to act in the same setting.?

The new disk of Guns n? Roses, titled Chinese democracy, will be launched in March next, and according to the members of the band this will be "our great return to the music and the most exciting one for the group and ours faithful admiring".?

After diverse announcements on the exit of Chinese democracy, Axl Rose published an open letter in the official place of Guns n? Roses, in December passed, and for the first time in many years, was risked to announce an official date for the launch of the album:? March 6, 2007.?

"This it is the first time that plan a date for this album.? Other dates that have circulated were invented by other, by its own reasons", expressed Rose.

I just wanted to add the 70 shows they speak of are.... Mexico, besides other places as Japan, south Africa, Thailandia, South America, Australia and United States so it looks like they will be going across the States right after.

Don't forget  Japan, south Africa, Thailandia, , Australia could be done quite quick (my guess a 21 days - month) after 2 weeks max. in South America and then hit the United States. 

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 03:11:05 PM »

yes , this is great news, i have never seen Guns live and im waiting for them to come here .

the article never says is a reunion it says that Guns is coming back to the stages, (rencuentro con los escenarios) .

all that its written its true , so lets wait for Axl in Mexico.
Ron Jones
Headliner

Mr. Blue Sky

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 03:51:48 PM »

Now, after reading this article if those quotes are in fact true that the album should be coming sometime in late March? I'd like to find out when that quote from Axl occured. Remember, as of now he could have handed it over and we just might not know.

Add me:

http://www.myspace.com/ronjones7

Fleet Center Boston, MA 12/2/02
Hammerstein Ballroom New York, NY 5/15/06
DCU Center Worcester, MA 11/8/06
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »

like 7 contries,, this would mean each country get like 10 shows?Huh ?dont see it happenin though...

Maybe in more than the 7 countries already named?

a reunion,

When they say South America, i assume  they're talking about Brasil, Argentina, Chile at least, big countrys to,  so it's natural they do more than one show in each, in Brasil alone they can do 3 or 4 easy.
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 08:20:39 PM »

the newspaper probably has reliable information but they obviously have no idea that this is a new  gnr because they are thinking that gnr is jumping on the wagon of bands that are reuniting in 2007 and they mention the band  "the police" to confirm what they are thinking.....

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 10:07:37 PM »

this is good news but did it say where the shows are going to be held if its close enough i might go to mexico for a vacation yes? smoking

btw ChrisPittman nice job on the atempt ok i only got a D+ in spanish I and i didn't even take II this year

peace
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 10:11:21 PM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 12:40:07 AM »

tour is lookin good...come back to the states!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: