Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 10:38:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Think This Would Be A Good Idea For GNR To Join In On??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Think This Would Be A Good Idea For GNR To Join In On??  (Read 10661 times)
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2007, 01:18:59 PM »

AxlRose4Eva1,

That sucks your friends got laid off. Unfortunately, it's a growing consensus in this country that global warming is a man-made problem and needs to be solved somehow. Closing down coal mines and factories and stuff are the baby steps that are necessary to fix this problem. Sooner or later, everyone will be making huge sacrifices and not just your friends. If we destroy the planet, it'll make having jobs and making money pretty difficult.

In order to save the rainforest, professional loggers are gonna get laid off too. It sucks, I'm sorry if I'm coming off insensitive, but they have to do something about these problems

You said 80% of people support stem cell research. If 80% of people don't agree that "global warming is a man-made problem and must be addressed before it's too late", then its these kinds of global awareness events that we truly need.

As far as slagging GN'R for 'being political/selling out' if they were to play this show, if The Police, Foo Fighters, Kanye West and Red Hot Chili Peppers are signing on, I think GN'R will fit in just fine. No need to drag Kelly Clarkson into it or whatever.

As Bill Maher said, "Global Warming" is not an urgent enough term. Were they to call it "Climate-iya", people might take it more seriously.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2007, 02:21:28 PM »

You do realize that one of the issues global warming, sky is falling, people want to invoke is our consumption of beef and dairy products.  They wish to lower our comsumption, use more soy products and tofu type food too.  Most people do not believe man is the sole cause of global warming in fact many scientists believe that cattle and their production of methane causes the greatest amount of global warming.  The one market the U.S. consistently dominates worldwide is the dairy market, it is what U.S. farmers are the best at.  U.S. dairy products are found worldwide.  Thats why many of the biggest opponents to the changes made by these green groups are farmers.  Would be a bit hypocritical to raise money for these individuals and then support an ideology that wants to put them out of work. 

Also, it also should be noted that as early as 1980 the dominant theory was that global cooling was going on and most scientists believed that we were soon (next couple hundred years) would be in another ice age.  50 years before that scientists thought there was global warming because of the world wide rise in temperatures and 20 years before that when the titanic crashed into an iceberg people thought there was global cooling going on.  I am not saying that I dont believe that humans are partially causing global warming, but I do believe that more evidence on the subject needs to come out, i mean do you guys remember the hole in the ozone that was gonna get us 15 years ago?

Also my point in talking about Akron, Ohio, or the Brazilian lumberjacks who are starving because they arent allowed to cut down trees and feed their family is not to say that people dont have to make sacrifices.  I am saying to me it looks bad to live in L.A. (one of the worlds most polluted cities) and make millions of dollars and fly around in jets and own 50 cars and live in a mansion, do cocaine/heroin and make multimillion dollar music videos and then tell some guy in Akron, Ohio that he cant do his job for 10 dollars an hour because you all of a sudden want to use this movement to jumpstart your music career.  People see through that stuff.  You shouldnt tell people how to live and act like you care about the environment if you arent willing to sacrifice anything, but force others to.  What do you think Axl's global footprint is, I bet its a lot higher than any lumberjack or miner.  People hate musicians who take issues with things like this.  I go down south a lot and GNR is huge there, you cant go anywhere without hearing AFD and they arent on board with stuff like this, bands like the Dixie Chicks can get away with insulting these people because they make up their sales with young girls, im sorry if this is new to you guys, but Axl's 45 and young girls arent going to be buying his albums.  America is a pretty divided country politically, it is also the largest record buying nation and where GNR is from, it would be foolisht to take ANY side and I hope Axl never does.

If Axl came out and was promoting Pro-Life stuff or saying he was supporting Bush I would say it was foolish too.  I want my musicians to stay out of politics and I want my politicians to stay out of music.  simple as that.
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2007, 02:38:41 PM »

Well, you're allowed your opinion obviously, but with all due respect - asking an artist to stay out of politics is sort of...fascist...dontcha think?

Regarding a job in Akron, OH for $10 an hour, I wasn't gonna say earlier that 'there's plenty of jobs out there but only one planet'...but really...if the jobs they lost were $10 an hour, there's plenty of other $10 an hour jobs out there and only one planet. The people I truly feel for are the tech workers in Ohio that had their jobs outsourced. That was out of greed, not trying to improve the environment.

If your stance on global warming is that it's a "the sky is falling" political scare, then I guess thats your business. I'll stay with the great vast majority of the scientific community on that issue.

I agree with you about people in L.A. and their over-consumption (I lived there for 4 years, and currently live 50 miles away). Some people think that if they drive a hybrid car that somehow they're not still contributing to the problem. Like I said, sooner or later, everyone will be making big sacrifices. It's a shame they aren't already.

Regarding the O-zone problem...yeah, it was a problem, we took necessary action, banned the chemical agents that contributed to the problem, and now it appears we have made progress in that area. In order to curb climate change, we have to limit C02 emissions, and part of that includes shutting down coal mines and factories that spew a ton of CO2 into the air all day. Baby steps.

Ok and now I think I need to stop talking about this kinda stuff in the 'Guns N' Roses section' or else I'll get banned or something.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 02:50:26 PM by SterileEyes » Logged

Lowrlder54
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2007, 04:51:49 PM »

It would just come off as fake if GNR performed. Almost as fake as Al Gore.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2007, 05:02:19 PM »

As far as slagging GN'R for 'being political/selling out' if they were to play this show, if The Police, Foo Fighters, Kanye West and Red Hot Chili Peppers are signing on, I think GN'R will fit in just fine. No need to drag Kelly Clarkson into it or whatever.

Enough with the blasphemy. Promise me you'll never ever mention those bands in the same sentence as gn'r again, save RHCP. hihi

It's not about 'fitting in', it's about principle. There are tons of ways to support movements, which is why opting for cash cow gigs like this rubs me the wrong way when you could either use your music to inspire people or give money privately.

An artist traveling by private jet with stewardesses handing out blowjobs to play a 30 minute set, all expenses paid of course, isn't my idea of charity.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2007, 07:00:37 PM »

Were they to call it "Climate-iya", people might take it more seriously.
Oh my. Thanks- I was looking for a catchy album title for my band. I don't think the term is copyrighted. Grin

i'm gonna go write a song by that name right now.
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2007, 07:29:38 PM »

I'm always happy to help my favorite Pit(t)maniac  ok

Edit - regarding the below post from JohnSDMF: People who don't believe global warming exists don't deserve Guns N' Roses, they deserve a few extra years in science class  peace
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 07:52:55 PM by SterileEyes » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2007, 07:46:05 PM »

no...bad idea...why alienate half your audience? it will just piss off any republican fans GNR has...because they dont even believe global warming exists
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2007, 07:51:28 PM »

"Climate-iya" is brilliant.

I need to hurry and make this into something before Trent Reznor does. Grin
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2007, 05:35:15 PM »

I can't stand Al Gore so I say screw it! Plus, enough bands already. Would be cool if they played Bonnaroo festival in Tennessee which is earth friendly and imo not too political. With that said, I think they should play a Darfur concert - is Darfur South America - sorry I can only handle so many depressing things in the news so excuse my lack of information - they are committing genocide in Darfur - if this is South America - it would be a great start to their current concert tour - why not start one up?HuhHuhHuh?

I'll bet many, many, many rock bands might support, hell, there are enough celebrities trying to bring the issue to light. It might even inspire Mr. Rose to write another killer, one of it's kind classic after touring in this region!

Just an idea! But, if he goes political, I think it should be something new and not on the bandwagon with 1000 other bands already.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2007, 09:53:07 PM »

nope...
they used enough hairspray in the 80s to probably have an ozon hole named after GNR...
best leave the green issue for the gay bands and U2.

classic post right there.

acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007, 09:59:52 PM »

Wait, so the same guy whose wife is almost the the creator of the parental advisory sticker is now teaming up with rock bands? What the hell?

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2007, 10:49:44 PM »

nope...
they used enough hairspray in the 80s to probably have an ozon hole named after GNR...
best leave the green issue for the gay bands and U2.

classic post right there.

I dont' get it. GNR and hairspray?  Jungle video maybe
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 10:53:10 PM by COMAMOTIVE » Logged
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2007, 10:53:26 PM »

sure if GNR wants to alienate half their fan base.....lots of people think global warming is bullshit...
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2007, 10:57:12 PM »

NO.

The shitty performers are one thing.

World Peace One is better.

http://worldpeaceone.com
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2007, 11:15:19 PM »

Making one Political song like Civil War doesn't make you a political band.  Its band's like Iron Maiden, Rage Against The Machine, ect that really piss me off that all their songs are basically the same old political garbage.  Global Warming is just a myth Al Gore is trying his hardest to get back into office and these liberal bands are playing and doing anything to get him in,as for Guns n Roses mix the CD promote it and you won't have time to play this concert.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2007, 11:41:36 PM »

Why on earth would anyone want this to be a political band, thats an awful idea.? Why alienate part of your audience.? I know people who lost their jobs thanks to green politics, you wanna tell those people that its ok cause the environments better because of it.? Bands that do this stuff are sellouts and never know what they are talking about.? These bands should go to Akron, Ohio which is in complete poverty because of the environmentalist movement.? Every action has an equal and opposite reaction and bands that do this stuff never think about the people who are hurt by these things.? Its easy for rich musicians to say that companies should make cutbacks and we shouldnt use certain coals and cut down trees, but its a little harder for the factory worker, coal miner and lumberjack.? So my advice would be to stay out of politics, its what old, washed up bands do.? Theres already Bono the world doesnt need another washed up musician who knows nothing about politics trying to tell people whats best for them.? Play music for fun and for feeling, because in the end thats all people want.

not to knock you, but i used to live in downtown akron, and poverty isn't much higher than average.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2007, 11:54:19 PM »

Global Warming is just a myth Al Gore is trying his hardest to get back into office and these liberal bands are playing and doing anything to get him in,as for Guns n Roses mix the CD promote it and you won't have time to play this concert.

You really dont know what youre talking about.

sure if GNR wants to alienate half their fan base.....lots of people think global warming is bullshit...

Got any polls suggesting this?

Apparently when it comes to science, youd rather place your trust in Republican politicians than actual scientists.  You really think GNR fans have endured all thats happened over the years to write the band off for playing a concert? 

Judging from your past posts, you probably do.

RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2007, 12:06:13 AM »

In the words of George Carlin before he became a self righteous bleeding hear Liberal "The world plus plastic".   Fuck Science.  This is about the only thing GNR could due to make me ashamed.  The world does not need another Bono.  One is enough. 

Ritz Reeves III
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2007, 12:08:16 AM »

Fuck Science. 

Why?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: