Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 05:23:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228112 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Live Earth Concerts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live Earth Concerts  (Read 13436 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: February 15, 2007, 03:57:01 PM »

Al Gore announced on February 15 a series of worldwide concerts to focus on the threat of climate change, with a powerhouse lineup from the Red Hot Chili Peppers to Snoop Dogg to Bon Jovi.

More than 100 performers are scheduled to appear at the July 7 concerts, including Etheridge, the Foo Fighters, Lenny Kravitz, Sheryl Crow, John Mayer, Duran Duran, Korn, Pharrell, the Black Eyed Peas, Akon, Enrique Iglesias, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw.

Promoters said the Live Earth concerts will take place in Shanghai, China; Johannesburg, South Africa; Sydney, Australia; London and cities to be announced in Japan, Brazil and the United States.

The concerts could reach 2 billion people through attendance or broadcasts. Proceeds will create a foundation to combat climate change led by The Alliance for Climate Protection, which is chaired by Gore.

The 24-hour event is part of a campaign, Save Our Selves - The Campaign for a Climate in Crisis, that promoters hope will trigger a broad movement to address what the former vice president calls a global climate crisis.

The concerts on seven continents will bring newfound publicity to Gore, who already is enjoying celebrity status with his Oscar- nominated documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth." Gore said he was thrilled that the film, on the perils of global warming, was nominated for best documentary and for best song, the latter nod coming for Melissa Etheridge's "I Need to Wake Up."

"In order to solve the climate crisis, we have to reach billions of people," the environmental activist, filmmaker and 2000 Democratic presidential nominee said in a statement. "The climate crisis will only be stopped by an unprecedented and sustained global movement."

The Save our Selves campaign was founded by Kevin Wall, who won an Emmy as Worldwide Executive Producer of Live 8.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 01:09:09 PM »

Cool, this shit about the climate is very important
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 07:19:29 PM by CheapJon » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 02:48:05 PM »

Sounds like something constructive - vote in Al Gore as the next president and god knows, things might actually improve (imagine if he'd beaten Bush....)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 06:40:01 AM »

these concerts are a lie, they use some cover like poverty or the climate to promote there album

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 10:08:51 AM »

these concerts are a lie, they use some cover like poverty or the climate to promote there album

what the fuck, if it helps to bring in money or teach people about the climate to prevent what's going to happen in the future, isn't that OK?
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 11:14:09 AM »

will gnr play there?

I have never seen so many tree
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 11:33:44 AM »

will gnr play there?

not as of no, but that can change yes
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 11:26:10 AM »

earth? sweet. isn't that the band ozzy was in before sabbath?

Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 11:53:44 AM »

this concert screeeeeeeeeams for Guns N' Roses...

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 04:16:05 PM »

I think World Peace One has a better set of performers that include: The Who, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Paul McCartney, David Bowie, The Eagles and Led Zeppelin.

This Live Earth thing has very few really good artists in my opinion.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 03:17:28 PM »

Live Earth shows to be held July 7

LONDON (AP) - Live Earth concerts will be held July 7 in cities around the world, including London, aimed at raising climate change awareness.

Madonna, the Beastie Boys and Black Eyed Peas will headline the concert at Wembley stadium in London. They will be joined by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Keane, Foo Fighters and others.

Headliners for the U.S. concert at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., include Bon Jovi, Dave Matthews Band, Kanye West, Rihanna, John Mayer, Smashing Pumpkins and Fall Out Boy, it was announced Tuesday.

Other shows will take place in Shanghai, China; Johannesburg, South Africa; Sydney, Australia; Tokyo; and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Organizers have also promised an event in Antarctica.

The concerts mark the start of a new campaign called Save Our Selves, The Campaign for a Climate in Crisis.

"This monster lineup will ensure Live Earth meets our goal of bringing together people from around the world to combat the climate crisis," Live Earth Founder and Executive Producer Kevin Wall said in a statement Tuesday. "Musicians who have answered our call span multiple genres and generations."

The concerts will be broadcast in the U.S. by General Electric Co.'s NBC network and on more than 120 networks around the world, and streamed live online.

Promoters hope the concerts will reach an audience of two billion people. Proceeds will create a foundation to combat climate change led by The Alliance for Climate Protection, which is chaired by former Vice President Al Gore.

-

On the Net:

Live Earth:

http://www.liveearth.msn.com

Climate Crisis:

http://www.climatecrisis.net

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 05:23:58 PM »

The initial lineups have been announced for the US and UK segments of the massive, 24-hour Live Earth (tickets | music) concerts, which will take place July 7 on all seven continents in an effort to bring attention to global warming.

The concerts will conclude at New Jersey's Giants Stadium with performances by The Police, Roger Waters, Smashing Pumpkins, Kanye West, John Mayer, AFI, Kelly Clarkson, Akon, KT Tunstall, Alicia Keys, Ludacris, Bon Jovi, Melissa Etheridge, Dave Matthews Band, Rihanna and Fall Out Boy. Tickets for the US concert go on sale April 16.

"Capping Live Earth with a blockbuster show like this will ensure we meet our challenge of building a mass audience to combat global warming," Live Earth founder and executive producer Kevin Wall said in a statement. "Live Earth will be a monumental event both in terms of entertainment and in turning the tide against global warming."

Acts announced so far for the UK version of the event at London's Wembly Stadium are Beastie Boys, Black Eyed Peas, Bloc Party, Corinne Bailey Rae, Damien Rice, David Gray, Duran Duran, Foo Fighters, Genesis, James Blunt, John Legend, Keane, Madonna, Paolo Nutini, Razorlight, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Snow Patrol.

A ballot system will be used for UK tickets, and registration begins April 13. Details are available at the Live Earth website.

The global concert will begin at Sydney, Australia's Aussie Stadium and will also take over Rio de Janeiro, Brazil's Copacabana Beach; Johannesburg, South Africa's Cradle of Human Kind; Tokyo, Japan's Tokyo Dome; and a location to be announced in Shanghai, China. More than 100 artists are expected to perform.

The shows will stream live at the Live Earth website, and portions will be broadcast on NBC-TV in the US and on more than 120 television networks around the world, according to a press release. Organizers expect an audience of more than 2 billion.

"By attracting an audience of billions, we hope Live Earth will launch a global campaign giving a critical mass of people around the world the tools they need to help solve the climate crisis," Live Earth Co-Chair/Vice President Al Gore said in a statement. "But ultimately, corporations and governments must become global leaders taking decisive action to stop global warming."

The Live Earth concerts mark the beginning of a multi-year campaign to move individuals, corporations and governments to take action, according to a press release.

All proceeds from the shows will go to The Alliance for Climate Protection and other international non-governmental organizations

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 11:34:14 PM »

They need some more A list names of good rock artists.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 07:33:29 AM »

They need some more A list names of good rock artists.
That's asking for trouble these days, you'll end up with Green Day or My Chemical Romance.   confused

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
mr.glavin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2007, 09:41:44 AM »

i hope gn'r will play there it would be awesome
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 11:08:53 AM »

i agree, however, if this makes it "cool" to stop global warming then thats good enough for me, so many people dis-respect our planet and dont realise the damage.

come to think, maybe they should get some hippie bands on there to get the right mood XD

chris robinson groovin on down giving the peace symbol, be awesome!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 11:10:49 AM by mrlee » Logged

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 11:13:01 AM »

Acts announced so far for the UK version of the event at London's Wembly Stadium are Beastie Boys, Black Eyed Peas, Bloc Party, Corinne Bailey Rae, Damien Rice, David Gray, Duran Duran, Foo Fighters, Genesis, James Blunt, John Legend, Keane, Madonna, Paolo Nutini, Razorlight, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Snow Patrol.

Thats it, give us the shittest line up of the lot.

html sucks
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 07:03:13 PM »

Spinal Tap are reuniting for one time only to play at the London show

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 07:13:33 PM »

Spinal Tap are reuniting for one time only to play at the London show

XD stone henge.

html sucks
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 07:28:15 PM »

Ricky Gervais has been asked to join spoof rock band Spinal Tap for this summer's Live Earth concert.

The British comic star has been approached by Rob Reiner, the director of the cult film of the same name which spawned the 'group', who is keen for Gervais to appear on stage at the July event.

It is believed Gervais will introduce Spinal Tap but it is possible he could perform as well, reports Britain's The Sun newspaper. The Extras star - who has previously admitted he is a huge fan of the 1984 movie and has struck up a close friendship with actor Christopher Guest, who plays guitarist Nigel Tufnel - once enjoyed a brief pop career.

He was one half of 80s duo Seona Dancing, along with Bill Macrae.

However, the band's two singles More to Lose and Bitter Heart entered the UK charts at a dismal 70 and 79 respectively.

The eco-friendly charity concert takes place at London's new Wembley Stadium on July 7 and in a further seven cities, including Tokyo and Rio de Janeiro.

Madonna, the Beastie Boys, Black Eyed Peas, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Keane and Foo Fighters are expected to headline the London show.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: