Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 08:14:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Just for laughs post your most memorable/dumb GNR rumor that people believed
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just for laughs post your most memorable/dumb GNR rumor that people believed  (Read 30570 times)
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2007, 06:55:50 AM »

That fucking rumor about GNR being at a Best Buy in Chicago to sign the album the day after their Chicago show.? While I had checked the album status for years on HTGTH and other boards, I had just started posting and had no idea how much bullshit there was out there.? SO, yeah, that one pissed me off.

I think that was a legit rumour but in the end plans changed (as usual). Had all gone according to plan with CD last year I think that one woud have happened.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2007, 07:18:50 AM »

Wasn't there one about something supposed to flash/a CD announcement during a commercial for the Superbowl in 2006?
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2007, 07:45:30 AM »

That fucking rumor about GNR being at a Best Buy in Chicago to sign the album the day after their Chicago show.  While I had checked the album status for years on HTGTH and other boards, I had just started posting and had no idea how much bullshit there was out there.  SO, yeah, that one pissed me off.

I think that was a legit rumour but in the end plans changed (as usual). Had all gone according to plan with CD last year I think that one woud have happened.

has chigacoinfo not admitted that it was all bullshit
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2007, 08:19:38 AM »

That fucking rumor about GNR being at a Best Buy in Chicago to sign the album the day after their Chicago show.? While I had checked the album status for years on HTGTH and other boards, I had just started posting and had no idea how much bullshit there was out there.? SO, yeah, that one pissed me off.

has chigacoinfo not admitted that it was all bullshit

There was definately a lot of BS that went with the rumour, such as the message in the Virgin staff room regarding a GNR performance, that was proved to be bollocks. But I think a special performance was on the cards in Chicago, possibly to promote the albums release, but when it became clear CD wouldn't be out by then they decided to maybe go along with the show anyway as a one off special performance. Check the show after Chicago, cancelled due to illness, I seem to remember shortly after the cancellation Axl saying he was dissappointed at having to cancel etc but also saying it had prevented them from doing a second (possibly acoustic) show after the main Chicago show. I can't seem to find a quote to support this but I'm sure I've read it.

Basically I think the secret Chicago performance rumour might well have been legit.

Edit - Here it is, proof a surprise show was planned, it just doesn't say where.

The Guns N' Roses concert scheduled for Milwaukee's Bradley Center tonight has been cancelled due to illness. Guns N' Roses front man Axl Rose is suffering from an ear infection and strep throat. Rose was first diagnosed with the ear infection on the 20th of November in Halifax, Nova Scotia. He was seen again by a doctor last night following the band's show in Chicago and ordered to rest for a few days. The tour will continue as scheduled Friday night in Ames, Iowa at Hilton Coliseum.

Axl Rose commented, "We had a great show in Chicago tonight and had hoped to do a surprise acoustic show afterwards. I have been fighting this off for a long time but the doctor told me tonight that the only way not to jeopardise the balance of the tour is immediate rest. We will now have 3 days off before continuing Friday. We are sorry to miss the fans in Milwaukee."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 08:31:19 AM by A Private Eye » Logged

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2007, 08:20:24 AM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=43064.0

Here is one that is in the Jungle on the 2nd page and locked rofl

Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2007, 08:34:41 AM »

dont know if this has been said, but when they did hammerstein i thought it was funny that people thought ron was izzy.....and people also thought estranged was being played too.  people believed the dumbest shit that night.
mesaboogie
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2007, 08:36:12 AM »

The best one I heard was that Duff didnt actually play bass on appetite for destruction
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2007, 08:43:44 AM »

Just read this entire thread. Notes:

My Favorite Pillow - You know, its a lot easier ripping on someones song when that person isn't reading your insults hihi

I LIKE that song, FYI.  And Coy Clarke (the lead singer for Ghost Town Road.....which was the band that recorded MFP) was a stand up guy when it happened.  Came here and posted, if I remember right.  I had a conversation with him both via PM and email.  Nice guy.  Wonder where he is now?

I HAVE to track down MFP.  I know it's somewher on my home PC hard drive...I just gotta unbury it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2007, 08:46:56 AM »

He hates small dogs- and he kicks them. That's not a rumor- it's true.

Why he owns a maltese- I'm not sure. Kicking purposes maybe.

I dont remember what interview it was but there is a set of interviews with 4CDs and he talked about that rumour and its not true. Right?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2007, 08:48:22 AM »

I don't think anyone was dumb enough to believe that but..

"an insider said axl kicked out all other members" and entered the priesthood.

Seemingly this bs has been recycled many many times with the latter part altered.

GNR fans are so original.
Death Cube K
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2007, 10:35:34 AM »

Oh theres so many

I think one of the worst ones was the fake Hungary concert in 2003 or 04. Lots of tickets were sold, posters put up. Even saw pictures of it. That was bad.

I always love the fake track listings, especially the one where the first song is called "Welcome back to the jungle".

When IRS was first played on the Trunk show, some people refused to accept the possibility that it was indeed played because no recording popped up instantly. People described the song as stuff ranging from an Estranged type of thing to Welcome to the jungleish. I tried over and over again to explain why the song was played and reasons why the song hadnt appeared at any sites, but in the end I just gave up. I was proven right in the end though.

The club show was a bad rumour and anyone beliving it should really check their heads and think before they belive all rumours.

Another really bad one is that Silk Worms were suddenly described as "formely known as Oklahoma". There were some misunderstandings somewhere and a whole fucking lot of people thought it was the real deal.

And you got the public rumours..."Axl is fat, Axl is bald, Axl has lives with psychic women" etc....always funny.

Lionel Richie..how could I forget.

And the MP3 called "Still Rising". It actually had me going for 2 listens before I scrapped it as fake.

One guy reported during the 2002 New Years Eve shows that Buckethead wore a bucket with blood stains on it! People took it seriously at once and put it togheter with 9/11.

The first reports of the Vegas shows in 01 had songs like Civil War, Pretty tied up, Estranged and 14 Years on the set list...

Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2007, 03:04:31 PM »

I can't believe that all these rumors happened, and that people believed them.  Moreso I can't believe I remember them all happening, I really need to find more of a life! hihi

My favorite rumor was "Chinese Democracy Starts Now".

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2007, 03:33:19 PM »

Sorry but, I'm not reading through seven pages of this shit so, forgive me if I'm repeating anything.    rant

My personal favourite rumour was the one where Axl was allegedly spotted going in to a very well known GAY Gym in either Seattle or Vancouver (can't remember the city now) during the 2001 GNR tour.   hihi      rofl       nervous             confused
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2007, 04:07:59 PM »

Sorry but, I'm not reading through seven pages of this shit so, forgive me if I'm repeating anything.? ? rant

My personal favourite rumour was the one where Axl was allegedly spotted going in to a very well known GAY Gym in either Seattle or Vancouver (can't remember the city now) during the 2001 GNR tour.? ?hihi? ? ? rofl? ? ? ?nervous? ? ? ? ? ? ?confused

The tour was in 2002...

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2007, 04:14:49 PM »

Just read this entire thread. Notes:

My Favorite Pillow - You know, its a lot easier ripping on someones song when that person isn't reading your insults hihi

I LIKE that song, FYI.? And Coy Clarke (the lead singer for Ghost Town Road.....which was the band that recorded MFP) was a stand up guy when it happened.? Came here and posted, if I remember right.? I had a conversation with him both via PM and email.? Nice guy.? Wonder where he is now?

I HAVE to track down MFP.? I know it's somewher on my home PC hard drive...I just gotta unbury it.

Man, he could've bee Mother Teresa, but that song still sucked hihi

Crowebar, I think that gay gym rumor was true. He didn't know it was a gay gym.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2007, 04:40:08 PM »

gn'r were gonna play the superbowl in 2004 i think or 05 and were going to cover Kashmir.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2007, 04:58:51 PM »

Pure, StickyFinger, Latigo Hammers...

those people certainly brought a lot of joy into my message board visits. Nothing like a good laugh to sooth out the lack of any real news.

Most recent: Ross Halfin was contacted by someone via e-mail after a recent (yet another!) outrageous GNR comment on his site. Halfin's reply ("Axl's currently doing a soul album alongside CD", or something similar) was posted to Roses of Velvet.

The funniest thing about it to me was that a certain mod (who's also a regular here) seems to take it seriously, giving yet another of his opinions on Axl's state of mind based on the fact (in his mind, at least) that he's doing a soul album.

I love you, man.

rofl

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2007, 05:06:10 PM »

the one when a gig was ment to be on the other year (2004 or 2005), and even dizzy turned up at the place! people bought tickets n shit!

html sucks
wadey
Legend

« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2007, 05:20:21 PM »

I heard a rumour once that the GNR website had been hacked....... rofl rofl

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Arcade Roses
Opening Act

You wanna step into my world....

« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2007, 05:33:53 PM »

Most recent: Ross Halfin was contacted by someone via e-mail after a recent (yet another!) outrageous GNR comment on his site. Halfin's reply ("Axl's currently doing a soul album alongside CD", or something similar) was posted to Roses of Velvet.

The funniest thing about it to me was that a certain mod (who's also a regular here) seems to take it seriously, giving yet another of his opinions on Axl's state of mind based on the fact (in his mind, at least) that he's doing a soul album.

I know, I was amazed to see a site with as many good posters as like RosesofVelvet taking the "soul album" claims seriously.  That was obviously a joke: the first one had more to it (as Mick Wall was purportedly involved/a source).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: