Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 08:07:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Just for laughs post your most memorable/dumb GNR rumor that people believed
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just for laughs post your most memorable/dumb GNR rumor that people believed  (Read 30559 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2007, 06:52:38 PM »

My new favorite is the one where the new members of GNR told Steven Adler that they thought a reunion with the old members of GNR would be a great idea.

Or the one where Axl and Steven talked all night long until 8 in the morning even though Steven makes Stuttering John sound like Patrick Stewart.

Who was the suck a dick for coke asshole who started these?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2007, 06:59:53 PM »

I remember back in 2001 right after the Rio show some person said that there was "new" gnr banners hanging up all over his town and it said "june" at the bottom of all of them.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
absolutelytrue
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2007, 07:05:29 PM »

This thread is for fun while waiting for some real news on CD.

I'll start with the thread about GNR playing at Coyotes Bar in Atlanta in 2005.? This rumor was so incredibly dumb that it reached over 40 pages at other boards.? Some poster even said he saw GNR tour buses at Coyotes and even after management denied it, people still said it would happen. rofl

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=19881.msg338624#msg338624

DID ANYONE EVER FIND OUT WHO STARTED THAT FUCKED UP RUMOR ?? ?rant

No. ?But I remember a poster who lived in Atlanta was being the 'spokesperson' for the whole event and I think it was that poster who said he saw tour buses? ?Not really sure but it escalated to so many pages on a lot of boards and it was all bullshit rofl

I WAS THERE! ?NO TOUR BUSES! ?A WRECK OF A VAN WITH YELLOW PLASTIC POLICE "DO NOT ENTER" SHIT AROUND IT. ?THEY GAVE OUT CONTRACTS SAYING THAT IF AXL DID NOT SHOW THE CLUB WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE. ?A PRETTY FUCKED UP SCAM SEEING I DROVE 2 DAYS TO GET THERE. ?rant

SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER ANYWAY! ?MY OWN FAULT ?Tongue

HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN UPSTAIRS IN THE VIP SECTION THOU...SOMEONE HINTED?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 07:08:35 PM by absolute » Logged
Risico
Rocker

You will lose everything...

« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2007, 07:06:21 PM »

Anybody remember ivanfromargentina  hihi

He was waiter in some restaurant and claimed Axl had eaten there and he'd given him loads of CD info, he strung people along for a while until mysteron busted him  rofl

YES!

Ivan's fantasy story was my favorite dumb moment, hands down. He really had a lot of us going, and it was so stupid - Something like Axl asking him "Do you believe in Santa, Ivan?" in regards to CD coming for Christmas.

I might be mistaken, but wasn't it total fan dreaming/fiction that got passed off as reality because his grasp of the English language was... well, not great?

Good times there. Then it all came crashing down when Merck told everyone that Axl hadn't been to Argentina in years.  hihi

When all is said n' done, we're not the only ones...
GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2007, 07:25:32 PM »

I liked Goodnight by Uzi Sucide was really a song written by Izzy and sung by Axl. Someone intercepted via the net.
The other part of the rumor was they were working together through the net. I think the other song intercepted was Under The Sea?

I also went to cartersville, Ga----it was fun
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2007, 07:31:17 PM »

Anybody remember ivanfromargentina? hihi

He was waiter in some restaurant and claimed Axl had eaten there and he'd given him loads of CD info, he strung people along for a while until mysteron busted him? rofl

YES!

Ivan's fantasy story was my favorite dumb moment, hands down. He really had a lot of us going, and it was so stupid - Something like Axl asking him "Do you believe in Santa, Ivan?" in regards to CD coming for Christmas.

I might be mistaken, but wasn't it total fan dreaming/fiction that got passed off as reality because his grasp of the English language was... well, not great?

Good times there. Then it all came crashing down when Merck told everyone that Axl hadn't been to Argentina in years.? hihi

It makes for some funny reading  hihi

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=13104.0

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2007, 08:00:36 PM »

Anybody remember ivanfromargentina? hihi

He was waiter in some restaurant and claimed Axl had eaten there and he'd given him loads of CD info, he strung people along for a while until mysteron busted him? rofl

YES!

Good times there. Then it all came crashing down when Merck told everyone that Axl hadn't been to Argentina in years.? hihi

It makes for some funny reading? hihi

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=13104.0

he said the mygnr board is gone

what?
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2007, 08:06:42 PM »

I heard a rumor once that 'Chinese Democracy' was going to be out in 1998, then 1999, then 2002, then 2004, then 2006, then..............

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2007, 08:13:37 PM »

Oh my- that Ivan one is hilarious- he had people going to hotels for like 6 hours looking for Axl rofl
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2007, 08:19:57 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 11:37:45 AM
Danny and his magical fax machine where top secret gn'r documents often would appear.

That's my favorite.  Still waiting on the Doll Parton/Axl duet.

The email I sent out with the song lyrics was pretty funny (and insanely simple).  It also got me banned from here for a while and almost got me fired from my job.

What was the story about the fax machine? And why did you almost got fired?

The legendary "magic fax machine" thing happened a few years ago.  There wasn't alot of GNR news going out there and nobody really had anything interesting to say on the board (sort of like now).  So, I JOKINGLY started making outlandish predictions and claiming that I had inside info.  One of the first ones was that GNR would be playing the VMA's...and that one happened to come true.  A few people around here started to beleive that I really knew what I was talking about.  I then concocted the theory that I had a fax machine and I would daily get insider faxes with news about the band.  I just so happened to be one of the first people to find out that MixMasterMike was going to be opening for GNR at that time, so I reported it as info I got from my fax machine.  My predictions then got (in my opinion, pretty obviously) outlandish (aka:Dolly Parton doing a duet with Axl and a song titled "Fiona Asshole") and people got mad.  Then, at one point I sent some made-up lyrics to a handfull of random posters her via email.  Some people thought they were real and got excited.  When they found me out, I happened to be checking into the board while on a break at work.  Someone figured out the IP address and figured out where I work, and called the company I work for complaining about me.  It was all pretty pathetic, actually.

you should be banned jerk

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2007, 10:33:09 PM »

Re: Just for laughs post your most memorable/dumb GNR rumor that people believed
? Reply #109 on: Today at 08:19:57 PM ?   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Danny on Today at 12:44:42 PM
Quote from: Danny on Today at 11:37:45 AM
Danny and his magical fax machine where top secret gn'r documents often would appear.

That's my favorite.  Still waiting on the Doll Parton/Axl duet.

The email I sent out with the song lyrics was pretty funny (and insanely simple).  It also got me banned from here for a while and almost got me fired from my job.

What was the story about the fax machine? And why did you almost got fired?

The legendary "magic fax machine" thing happened a few years ago.  There wasn't alot of GNR news going out there and nobody really had anything interesting to say on the board (sort of like now).  So, I JOKINGLY started making outlandish predictions and claiming that I had inside info.  One of the first ones was that GNR would be playing the VMA's...and that one happened to come true.  A few people around here started to beleive that I really knew what I was talking about.  I then concocted the theory that I had a fax machine and I would daily get insider faxes with news about the band.  I just so happened to be one of the first people to find out that MixMasterMike was going to be opening for GNR at that time, so I reported it as info I got from my fax machine.  My predictions then got (in my opinion, pretty obviously) outlandish (aka:Dolly Parton doing a duet with Axl and a song titled "Fiona Asshole") and people got mad.  Then, at one point I sent some made-up lyrics to a handfull of random posters her via email.  Some people thought they were real and got excited.  When they found me out, I happened to be checking into the board while on a break at work.  Someone figured out the IP address and figured out where I work, and called the company I work for complaining about me.  It was all pretty pathetic, actually.

you should be banned jerk

Um, I was.  Did you miss that part?  Anyway, I thought the point of this thread was "just for laughs".  In fact, doesn't it say that in the title?  Oh well.  Some people just can't get over things.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2007, 11:09:56 PM »

I heard a rumor once that 'Chinese Democracy' was going to be out in 1998, then 1999, then 2002, then 2004, then 2006, then..............

my favorite ones are the ones that happened in just under a year ago like when Slash said it would be out in may of '06 then it was said to be out in june i think then Axl came out and said some time in the fall. THEN it was said to be out within the next "13 remaining weeks" in the year of 2006 then the one where it was said to be out the 26th or the week before that or the WEek bEFOre THAT rant

to be honest i hate this thread it really only points out our stupidity that we believed Axl all those times and yet nothing. I believe that it will come out but Goddamn enough is enough. 15 years is too long, i dont wanna say that i'm starting to becomes a doubter/basher/hater but i'm just having...........anger, dificulty, confusion confused like i dont know ya know?

its wierd i know but i thought it was funny about how that one guy  claimed Axl told him a whole bunch of shit about CHINESE DEMOCRACY and that one that said he saw tour buses and the one that saw them at a piss ant little bar rofl thats just retarded but funny i thought

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2007, 11:35:50 PM »

Good lord the memories. My favorites were always:

-Axl and Lionel Richie were doing a duet of "Ebony and Ivory" I believe it was supposed to be
-The band filmed a baseball-themed video for "Catcher in the Rye" in China
-Axl and Alanis Morrisette were doing a duet for the 'Lord of the Rings' soundtrack
-Axl and Pink doing 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' for Wes Cravens 'Cursed' and Pink's "comments" that listening to the new album was like the first time hearing "Jungle"
-The album hasn't come out because they couldn't get J.D. Salinger's approval to use "Catcher in the Rye"

The one thing that killed me was this guy (can't remember what forum) said he'd recieved a finished copy of the album, listened to it, then threw it away because it was "garbage, the worst album I've ever heard". Maybe that was over at VelvetRope...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Sharky-dude
Headliner

Silence Isn't Golden When I'm Holding It Inside

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2007, 12:03:45 AM »

"
-The album hasn't come out because they couldn't get J.D. Salinger's approval to use "Catcher in the Rye"

The one thing that killed me was this guy (can't remember what forum) said he'd recieved a finished copy of the album, listened to it, then threw it away because it was "garbage, the worst album I've ever heard". Maybe that was over at VelvetRope...

Wouldn't surprise me. Salinger's more of a recluse than Axl.
"Threw it in the garbage" - now thats funny  hihi

!go Jets go!
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2007, 12:03:52 AM »

rumors i remember...

- Axl Rose stopped making music because he had HIV
- last year some photographer said he had taken pictures of the original line-up of the band and they would all be touring together during the summer.
- Axl Rose was going to be a judge on American Idol
- Axl Rose was going to play a Terminator in Terminator 3
- Axl Rose was going to play the Devil in End of Days
- Axl Rose was going to run alongside Arnold as an State Assessor or something
- GNR was going to play a Monday or Sunday night Football game this season.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2007, 12:27:26 AM »

-The band filmed a baseball-themed video for "Catcher in the Rye" in China

Hey hey!  That was another one of mine!  Forgot about that one.

That crazy fax machine.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2007, 12:36:47 AM »

That fucking rumor about GNR being at a Best Buy in Chicago to sign the album the day after their Chicago show.  While I had checked the album status for years on HTGTH and other boards, I had just started posting and had no idea how much bullshit there was out there.  SO, yeah, that one pissed me off.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
junglegunner
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2007, 01:32:00 AM »

Anybody remember ivanfromargentina  hihi

He was waiter in some restaurant and claimed Axl had eaten there and he'd given him loads of CD info, he strung people along for a while until mysteron busted him  rofl

i remember that, i actually have goosebumps while reading that thread  rofl rofl
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2007, 03:08:30 AM »

there was a guy last year that said he worked at a hangar where they filmed a video for gnr last year. i don't remember the details and i'm too lazy to look for it.

anyway, this thread brings back a lot of memories. man, we believed so much stupid rumors rofl  it should be stickied so people can read this everytime something doubtful comes around on the board hihi

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2007, 03:11:05 AM »

The chinamen commercial for CD. hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: