Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 06:24:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want  (Read 205911 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #360 on: September 06, 2007, 07:39:36 AM »

Yeah HD seems to be quite limited with cable companies still. Directv and Dish seem to have the most HD channels with fiostv probably the third most. Why would you lose the internet though? Does Charter require you to be a tv and internet subscriber? At least you do get YESHD though Cheesy

They do, unless you want to pay an exhorbitant "upcharge"....just not worth it.

I also admit I like the "on demand" features of cable.

I might check out the FIOS offerings....I don't see an HD-DVR option on their page, but....I'm assuming there probably is one.  Just not sure of availability in our neck of the woods.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2007, 07:44:10 AM »

OK, is there ANY doubt that A-Rod is the AL MVP?  I mean, barring a COMPLETE collapse over the next 23 games (and maybe even then)...I just don't see how he doesn't get another trophy.

Yes, Maglio is having a great season....will likely win the batting title.  But as great as his season has been.....I think A-rods has been leaps and bounds better.  Other than avg, he has better offensive stats, and his defensive stats are REALLY impressive too.

The NL is a bit more jumbled, but I'd say the odds on favorite is Chase Utley...followed by another NY 3rd baseman. Smiley

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #362 on: September 06, 2007, 08:15:11 AM »

Yeah HD seems to be quite limited with cable companies still. Directv and Dish seem to have the most HD channels with fiostv probably the third most. Why would you lose the internet though? Does Charter require you to be a tv and internet subscriber? At least you do get YESHD though Cheesy

They do, unless you want to pay an exhorbitant "upcharge"....just not worth it.

I also admit I like the "on demand" features of cable.

I might check out the FIOS offerings....I don't see an HD-DVR option on their page, but....I'm assuming there probably is one.  Just not sure of availability in our neck of the woods.

Thats true

Yeah i hear you there. That is one thing i miss about cable having directv now i could always find a good movie on demand.

Yeah they have HD DVR
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #363 on: September 06, 2007, 08:17:25 AM »

OK, is there ANY doubt that A-Rod is the AL MVP?  I mean, barring a COMPLETE collapse over the next 23 games (and maybe even then)...I just don't see how he doesn't get another trophy.

Yes, Maglio is having a great season....will likely win the batting title.  But as great as his season has been.....I think A-rods has been leaps and bounds better.  Other than avg, he has better offensive stats, and his defensive stats are REALLY impressive too.

The NL is a bit more jumbled, but I'd say the odds on favorite is Chase Utley...followed by another NY 3rd baseman. Smiley

Absolutely none in my mind. He is without a doubt the mvp of the league and team. Without him we would've been dead in the water. He is finally comfortable in New York and its showing on the field. I look for him to do well in the playoffs this year. We better do everything we can to make sure he's a yankee for years to come. If we let him walk just cause he opts out which i'm not convinced he is going to do. Steinbrenner should chase Cashman around his tampa office with a baseball bat screaming you stupid bastard. We should give him whatever he wants before he was a yankee i honestly didn't like him. When i heard about his contract with texas i thought it was insane now that i've had the chance to see him play more i've realized he's a special player that comes along maybe once in a lifetime. We don't find a way to keep him we're dumb plain and simple.

I can't comment on the NL though.  I really don't follow it enough.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 08:17:13 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #364 on: September 07, 2007, 11:16:10 AM »

Report: Ankiel got year?s supply of HGH in '04
'If it?s true, obviously it would be very tragic,' Cardinals GM Jocketty says

NEW YORK - Comeback kid Rick Ankiel of the St. Louis Cardinals received a year?s supply of human growth hormone in 2004, the Daily News reported Friday.

The pitcher-turned-outfielder is the latest athlete to be linked to the Florida pharmacy at the center of an investigation by the Albany County (N.Y.) district attorney?s office into the illegal Internet distribution of performance-enhancing drugs.

The feel-good story of the baseball season, Ankiel drove in seven runs Thursday and has been a hitting star for the Cardinals since he was called up from the minors last month. He was once a young phenom on the mound with St. Louis before an embarrassing bout of wildness and injuries derailed his pitching career.

Citing records the newspaper obtained, the Daily News said Ankiel got eight shipments of human growth hormone from Signature Pharmacy in Orlando from January to December 2004, including Saizen and Genotropin, two injectable drugs.

Florida physician William Gogan signed Ankiel?s prescriptions, providing them through a Palm Beach Gardens clinic called The Health and Rejuvenation Center, or THARC, the newspaper reported.

The drugs were shipped to Ankiel at the clinic?s address, the paper said. The 28-year-old Ankiel lives close by in Jupiter.

When contacted by The Associated Press, Ankiel?s agent, Scott Boras, said he couldn?t comment because of medical privacy laws.

?This is the first I?ve heard of this,? Cardinals general manager Walt Jocketty told the Daily News. ?If it?s true, obviously it would be very tragic, along with everything else we?ve had happen to us this year.?

Major League Baseball doesn?t test for HGH, and the sport didn?t ban human growth hormone until 2005. But a player who possessed it or used it after it was banned can be suspended for 50 games.

Authorities have not accused Ankiel of any wrongdoing, the newspaper said. According to the Signature records the News cited, he stopped receiving HGH just before baseball banned it in 2005.

...continued at this URL http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20634561/

This wouldn't matter, had he not sparked the Cards back into contention.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #365 on: September 11, 2007, 02:37:08 PM »

At least Ankiel had a legitimate reason for taking it, plus a prescription (even if it was from a quack doctor).  Most of the steroid guys don't have a legitimate reason and many (think BALCO) don't have a prescription.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #366 on: September 11, 2007, 05:13:48 PM »

OK, is there ANY doubt that A-Rod is the AL MVP?? I mean, barring a COMPLETE collapse over the next 23 games (and maybe even then)...I just don't see how he doesn't get another trophy.

Yes, Maglio is having a great season....will likely win the batting title.? But as great as his season has been.....I think A-rods has been leaps and bounds better.? Other than avg, he has better offensive stats, and his defensive stats are REALLY impressive too.

A-Rod, no doubt.

agree with you on utley. glad to see people outside of philly feel the same.

rollins has actually made a case for it as well. at the very least, the argument regarding who's the best SS in the NL is alot more even now.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #367 on: September 15, 2007, 01:03:27 AM »

Wow what a colossal collapse tonight by the sox pen. Their pitching especially that bullpen is looking awfully weak right now.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #368 on: September 15, 2007, 01:21:31 AM »

The Cards were 1 game out of the division a week ago, and now they're SIX out.  That's a collapse, for ya!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #369 on: September 15, 2007, 02:08:58 AM »

The Cards were 1 game out of the division a week ago, and now they're SIX out.  That's a collapse, for ya!

I'll give you that one for sure.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #370 on: September 16, 2007, 05:12:32 PM »

Phillies OWN the NY Pets. own them.

if we could only beat the shitty teams in the divison (marlins and nationals) we'd be be in first.

but it still feels damn good to beat up on the mets, and their fans.  hihi

utley or rollins for MVP. 

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #371 on: September 17, 2007, 12:11:15 AM »

if we could only beat the shitty teams in the divison (marlins and nationals) we'd be be in first.

but it still feels damn good to beat up on the mets, and their fans.  hihi

utley or rollins for MVP. 

I'm pulling for Philly to make the playoffs.   

The Cards are finished, now.  Not mathematically, but they've just collapsed completely since the Ankiel story broke. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #372 on: September 17, 2007, 11:06:54 PM »

Well Boston's lead is now down to 3 1/2 11 games left for Boston 12 for New York. Improbable to catch them? Yes but definitely not impossible and we only have to tie since we hold the tie breaker.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #373 on: September 18, 2007, 12:57:46 AM »

Cubs came up big in the 9th to steal a game in which they played mediocre, got less than strong pitching, and every break seemed to go against them.  Sorry, Crew.  Grin

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #374 on: September 18, 2007, 08:54:25 AM »

Anyone watch any of the Red Sox game last night.

Alex Cora made one of the FUNNIEST plays I've ever seen in baseball. 8th inning of the game (about the 2 hour and 32 minute mark). Fields a routine grounder, sets, goes to throw and falls flat on his face.  Ball goes about 6 feet and then rolls to the 1st baseman.

He didn't get hurt, didn't do anything other than trip over his own foot.  Hilarious.  Belly guffawing funny.  I felt like I was watching a sitcom and he was doing a pratfall.

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #375 on: September 18, 2007, 10:03:45 AM »

but it still feels damn good to beat up on the mets, and their fans.? hihi

utley or rollins for MVP.?

I'm pulling for Philly to make the playoffs.? ?

The Cards are finished, now.? Not mathematically, but they've just collapsed completely since the Ankiel story broke.?

the mets are feeling the heat. phils are 2.5 games out.

the phils bullpen is so bad. watching the game last night, we all knew no lead is safe, not even 11-0. and just like that it's 12-11.

the offense is really clicking right now. they'd make an exciting playoff team.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #376 on: September 18, 2007, 09:48:39 PM »

Gagne implodes again! I'm so glad we did not pick this guy up. I can't believe how terrible he is pitching. Its not like he changed leagues and just can't handle the better hitters.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #377 on: September 18, 2007, 10:52:19 PM »

Yeah, Gagne has been awful.  I don't get it.  He's a free agent at the end of this year too, right?  He's sure not doing himself any favors.  He should've faked an injury at the trade deadline.  Great first half, nightmare second half.  The Sox bullpen, which was a big strength the first 3/4 of the season has been AWFUL down the stretch.  I don't know what they're gonna do.  I've never really had a good feel for this team all season long even though they've had the best record in baseball for most of the season.  They're pitching has/had been pretty solid, but I just don't think they have enough offense.  They used to get leads and hold onto them.  Now they get leads and blow them.  They don't have the type of offense that's gonna come from behind too often, and that's what they need right now.  Most likely they'll make the playoffs, at least as the wild card, but the division is getting shakier by the day.  The Yankees schedule is much more favorable down the stretch.  They have 4 games against the O's, who have apparently packed it in for the season.  How many games have they won since they fired Perlozzo?  3?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #378 on: September 18, 2007, 11:19:18 PM »

Yeah, Gagne has been awful.  I don't get it.  He's a free agent at the end of this year too, right?  He's sure not doing himself any favors.  He should've faked an injury at the trade deadline.  Great first half, nightmare second half.  The Sox bullpen, which was a big strength the first 3/4 of the season has been AWFUL down the stretch.  I don't know what they're gonna do.  I've never really had a good feel for this team all season long even though they've had the best record in baseball for most of the season.  They're pitching has/had been pretty solid, but I just don't think they have enough offense.  They used to get leads and hold onto them.  Now they get leads and blow them.  They don't have the type of offense that's gonna come from behind too often, and that's what they need right now.  Most likely they'll make the playoffs, at least as the wild card, but the division is getting shakier by the day.  The Yankees schedule is much more favorable down the stretch.  They have 4 games against the O's, who have apparently packed it in for the season.  How many games have they won since they fired Perlozzo?  3?

I'm really puzzled by gGne too. I honestly don't get what's wrong with him. He was great for the rangers. Yeah the schedule definitely does favor the yankess. The last week of the season you play both Oakland and the Twins. Not exactly easy wins. We play the Drays and O's. Two teams we should just pound into the ground. You to play the rays next while we play toronto. So maybe you can get some must wins there. If you don't the sox are in trouble cause the yankees do not look like the are gonna lose more than one in a row the rest of the way.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #379 on: September 19, 2007, 08:07:49 AM »

Yeah, Gagne has been awful.? I don't get it.? He's a free agent at the end of this year too, right?? He's sure not doing himself any favors.? He should've faked an injury at the trade deadline.? Great first half, nightmare second half.? The Sox bullpen, which was a big strength the first 3/4 of the season has been AWFUL down the stretch.? I don't know what they're gonna do.? I've never really had a good feel for this team all season long even though they've had the best record in baseball for most of the season.? They're pitching has/had been pretty solid, but I just don't think they have enough offense.? They used to get leads and hold onto them.? Now they get leads and blow them.? They don't have the type of offense that's gonna come from behind too often, and that's what they need right now.? Most likely they'll make the playoffs, at least as the wild card, but the division is getting shakier by the day.? The Yankees schedule is much more favorable down the stretch.? They have 4 games against the O's, who have apparently packed it in for the season.? How many games have they won since they fired Perlozzo?? 3?

I'm really puzzled by gGne too. I honestly don't get what's wrong with him. He was great for the rangers. Yeah the schedule definitely does favor the yankess. The last week of the season you play both Oakland and the Twins. Not exactly easy wins. We play the Drays and O's. Two teams we should just pound into the ground. You to play the rays next while we play toronto. So maybe you can get some must wins there. If you don't the sox are in trouble cause the yankees do not look like the are gonna lose more than one in a row the rest of the way.
Yeah, I'd be lying if I said it didn't matter as long as they make the playoffs.  It'd be embarassing to blow such a big lead and sneak in the backdoor as the wild card.  Even though in reality it doesn't make that big a difference, wild card teams always seem to make, if not win, the world series.  But to have such a huge lead and lose it, that's nothing to be proud of.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: