Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 12:26:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228492 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want  (Read 206200 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #260 on: July 24, 2007, 09:31:37 PM »

I'm still having a hard time believing that the Dodgers own the best record in the National League.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #261 on: July 27, 2007, 11:03:16 PM »

So, who is? going to be? moved before? the July 31 deadline? Who are? the buyers and who are? the sellers?

Rangers are selling Texeria and maybe Gagne, although he wants to? stay.

Royals are? shopping Dotel and the rest of the? roster ( Wink)

The Dodgers and Angels are rumored? to have? a lot of irons in the fire to acquire pitching and hitting.

Something is telling me the Yankees and Mets are both going to be making big splashes in the next few days

The litmus test as to how active the Yanks were going to be at the trade deadline was how they played after the AS break...in other words, whether their season was over, or not, and whether they were going to start rebuilding or not.

By all accounts, so far, they've played themselves right back into the playoff hunt, so far.? Now, granted, they don't play a team with a record over .500 until early August, when they play Cleveland (which is shaping up to be a HUGE series)....but they've won 9 of 12 over their past 3 series, and got a good start in KC last night.? With Boston and Cleveland beating each other up this week, the Yanks have a nice opportunity to make up some MORE ground.

Given that...I don't think you'll see much movement.? There's just no reason to.? I'm not sure they could really upgrade their rotation (based on what's out there....unless the Marlins decide to move Dontrelle...which they say they're not), Philips is doing fine at 1st base, they just picked up a better defensive catcher to back up Posada....so IF they're making a run...I don't see much they need.? They only would REALLY need to trade if they were going to embark on a rebuilding firesale.? And given their position, there's no reason to do that.

The Yanks are  on fire, no doubt, but I think that Boston will hold on. At least  I hope so... Smiley
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #262 on: July 27, 2007, 11:40:59 PM »

If they can just get a few games closer to boston the two series we have left with them will be lots of fun.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2007, 09:46:23 AM »

So, who is? going to be? moved before? the July 31 deadline? Who are? the buyers and who are? the sellers?

Rangers are selling Texeria and maybe Gagne, although he wants to? stay.

Royals are? shopping Dotel and the rest of the? roster ( Wink)

The Dodgers and Angels are rumored? to have? a lot of irons in the fire to acquire pitching and hitting.

Something is telling me the Yankees and Mets are both going to be making big splashes in the next few days

The litmus test as to how active the Yanks were going to be at the trade deadline was how they played after the AS break...in other words, whether their season was over, or not, and whether they were going to start rebuilding or not.

By all accounts, so far, they've played themselves right back into the playoff hunt, so far.? Now, granted, they don't play a team with a record over .500 until early August, when they play Cleveland (which is shaping up to be a HUGE series)....but they've won 9 of 12 over their past 3 series, and got a good start in KC last night.? With Boston and Cleveland beating each other up this week, the Yanks have a nice opportunity to make up some MORE ground.

Given that...I don't think you'll see much movement.? There's just no reason to.? I'm not sure they could really upgrade their rotation (based on what's out there....unless the Marlins decide to move Dontrelle...which they say they're not), Philips is doing fine at 1st base, they just picked up a better defensive catcher to back up Posada....so IF they're making a run...I don't see much they need.? They only would REALLY need to trade if they were going to embark on a rebuilding firesale.? And given their position, there's no reason to do that.

The Yanks are? on fire, no doubt, but I think that Boston will hold on. At least? I hope so... Smiley

OK, hold on to your hat...you'll never believe this one:

I think, ultimately, Boston WILL hold on.  I think the Yanks fight is really for the wildcard.

I mean...sure, it's plausible they could catch the Sox (though losing the last 2 doesn't help much)...but unless Boston has an injury plague like last year, I think that's just too tall of an order.

Cleveland, on the other hand?  At only 5 back, I think they have a pretty good shot provided they don't go on any more extended skids....which with the Yanks consistency issues this year is possible at any second.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2007, 11:22:03 AM »

I wonder if anyone outside of Fantasy players or Baltimore fans, even notice or care, but Eric Bedard is FUCKING NASTY
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2007, 01:04:35 PM »

TEXIERA TO ATLANTA IS SUPPOSEDLY GONNA HAPPEN VERY SOON
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2007, 02:24:22 PM »

yea texiera for saltalamachia is gonna happen is what there saying.

Also yankees are getting closer and closer to the indians and red sox  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: July 30, 2007, 02:25:30 PM »

So, who is  going to be  moved before  the July 31 deadline? Who are  the buyers and who are  the sellers?

Rangers are selling Texeria and maybe Gagne, although he wants to  stay.

Royals are  shopping Dotel and the rest of the  roster ( Wink)

The Dodgers and Angels are rumored  to have  a lot of irons in the fire to acquire pitching and hitting.

By all accounts, so far, they've played themselves right back into the playoff hunt, so far.  Now, granted, they don't play a team with a record over .500 until early August, when they play Cleveland (which is shaping up to be a HUGE series)....but they've won 9 of 12 over their past 3 series, and got a good start in KC last night.  With Boston and Cleveland beating each other up this week, the Yanks have a nice opportunity to make up some MORE ground.

Given that...I don't think you'll see much movement.  There's just no reason to.  I'm not sure they could really upgrade their rotation (based on what's out there....unless the Marlins decide to move Dontrelle...which they say they're not), Philips is doing fine at 1st base, they just picked up a better defensive catcher to back up Posada....so IF they're making a run...I don't see much they need.  They only would REALLY need to trade if they were going to embark on a rebuilding firesale.  And given their position, there's no reason to do that.

The Yanks are  on fire, no doubt, but I think that Boston will hold on. At least  I hope so... Smiley

OK, hold on to your hat...you'll never believe this one:

I think, ultimately, Boston WILL hold on.  I think the Yanks fight is really for the wildcard.

I mean...sure, it's plausible they could catch the Sox (though losing the last 2 doesn't help much)...but unless Boston has an injury plague like last year, I think that's just too tall of an order.

Cleveland, on the other hand?  At only 5 back, I think they have a pretty good shot provided they don't go on any more extended skids....which with the Yanks consistency issues this year is possible at any second.

novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #268 on: July 30, 2007, 02:26:24 PM »

as much as i wanna say the yanks will win the division its gonna be tough with the whole they dug early in the season but the wildcard is well within sight

RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2007, 04:26:36 PM »

ok I can now shed some light into where Jermaine Dye might end up. My father is working out trade senario's for the White Sox at the moment because Jermaine will not resign at years end. - so these are the choices that the White Sox are looking into right now.

Dye & Prospect - to LA Angels for Ervin Santana & Prospect* -this seems to be the one the club is leaning to at the present time

Dye - to Boston for Willy Mo Pena & Craig Hensen (with Pawtucket at the moment)

Dye - to New York Yankees for Kyle Farnsworth & Prospect

When I get a confirmation that a deal is done I'll post it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 04:38:21 PM by RebelRose89 » Logged

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2007, 09:13:23 PM »

ok I can now shed some light into where Jermaine Dye might end up. My father is working out trade senario's for the White Sox at the moment because Jermaine will not resign at years end. - so these are the choices that the White Sox are looking into right now.

Dye & Prospect - to LA Angels for Ervin Santana & Prospect* -this seems to be the one the club is leaning to at the present time

novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2007, 09:13:46 PM »

^ i can only hope the yankees deal farnsworth

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #272 on: July 31, 2007, 07:36:38 AM »

I can't IMAGINE why the Yanks would want Dye.  They have more outfielders than they know what to do with.....

Where would they put him? Matsui is not going anywhere, Melky is likely not going anywhere (they know he's the organizations future, along with Cano). Neither is Damon.  That leaves Abreu....and would still give them an extra outfielder they don't need.....

I don't buy it.

The most likely spot for Dye is Boston....and the deal outlined above is the one that's been making it's way around the press, etc, for days.

If Farnsworth goes for the Yanks, it will be for bullpen help...not for something the Yanks don't need.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #273 on: July 31, 2007, 01:46:15 PM »

Yankees to get infielder Betemit from L.A. for reliever Proctor

Given Proctor's ineffectiveness, I'm not shocked.  I'm a LITTLE surprised they went for an infielder, given how Philips has played so far, but...it does give them some depth in the infield (Cairo can't be the ONLY utility infielder), and he's got some offensive punch.

It remains to be seen if the Yanks address their biggest issue: their bullpen.  Proctor hasn't been dependable, but Vizcaino has stepped into that role admirably.

Now they need to find someone to step into Farnsworth role.  As good as he was last year...he's awful this year.  I just don't know if there's anything on the market that's any better.....

Together again,
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #274 on: July 31, 2007, 03:20:13 PM »

Yankees to get infielder Betemit from L.A. for reliever Proctor

Given Proctor's ineffectiveness, I'm not shocked.? I'm a LITTLE surprised they went for an infielder, given how Philips has played so far, but...it does give them some depth in the infield (Cairo can't be the ONLY utility infielder), and he's got some offensive punch.

It remains to be seen if the Yanks address their biggest issue: their bullpen.? Proctor hasn't been dependable, but Vizcaino has stepped into that role admirably.

Now they need to find someone to step into Farnsworth role.? As good as he was last year...he's awful this year.? I just don't know if there's anything on the market that's any better.....

Looks like Chamberlain is gonna assume a large responsibilty and step into that very role

Farnsworth, if they don't trade him, they will cut him and eat the $$$, he's now become just as destructive off the field as he is on.
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #275 on: July 31, 2007, 05:54:38 PM »

looks like Dye is staying put ... so I'll eat my words. all offers fell through and they ended up shipping Mackowiak to San Diego for a prospect and money.

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
sandman
Legend

« Reply #276 on: July 31, 2007, 07:19:40 PM »

boston got gagne???

WOW.

that bullpen is deadly.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #277 on: July 31, 2007, 07:36:23 PM »

boston got gagne???

WOW.

that bullpen is deadly.
Yeah I'm a Sox fan and I LOVE the deal.  BUT, I just hope theBy have enough offense to make that deadly bullpen to use.  I was hoping for a bat for behind Manny/Ortiz, JD Drew just ain't cutting it.  Not sure what happened with Dye, the package I heard I would've been all for (Wily Mo and Craig Hansen).  Apparently the White Sox wanted more though, and I can't say I blame them.  Maybe they can still pick up a decent bat before the waiver deadline?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: July 31, 2007, 09:41:09 PM »

looks like the yanks are gonna have a nice smooth win tonight. Matsui already has 2 homers

I just hope are middle relief turns around these last 2 months

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #279 on: August 01, 2007, 04:10:23 AM »

boston got gagne???

WOW.

that bullpen is deadly.

His arm will fall apart.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »