Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 02:36:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228492 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want  (Read 206335 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2007, 08:20:28 AM »

It was an interesting weekend.

The Mets lost their series to Detroit and the Sox lost theirs to Arizona....

And it looks like the Sox have at least cracked the door open for the Yanks (who, for now, have sole possession of 2nd).? It'll be interesting to see if it opens wider or the Sox manage to slam it back shut.

The Sox didn't lose the series against the D'back's.  They took 2 of 3, lost the last game against the Unit.  Went 3-4 on the West coast swing.  They didn't hit at all, hopefully a return home to the friendly confines will help that.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2007, 09:05:18 AM »

It was an interesting weekend.

The Mets lost their series to Detroit and the Sox lost theirs to Arizona....

And it looks like the Sox have at least cracked the door open for the Yanks (who, for now, have sole possession of 2nd).  It'll be interesting to see if it opens wider or the Sox manage to slam it back shut.

The Sox didn't lose the series against the D'back's.  They took 2 of 3, lost the last game against the Unit.  Went 3-4 on the West coast swing.  They didn't hit at all, hopefully a return home to the friendly confines will help that.

You're right...I thought they lost the first one, too.  My bad.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2007, 12:55:47 PM »

Meanwhile, in never-never land, the Royals took 2 of 3 from the Phils to climb within 16 games of .500! rofl
sandman
Legend

« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2007, 01:47:31 PM »

Meanwhile, in never-never land, the Royals took 2 of 3 from the Phils to climb within 16 games of .500! rofl

freakin pathetic. not only did we lose 2 of 3 - but the royals put up 2 TDs and a FG yesterday! i had to turn it off when i saw Jose Mesa coming out to pitch. that's just embarressing.

i'm a big yankees fan this week as they could help the phils big time - they play arizona (NL wildcard leader) and then the mets (division leader). i believe clemens will pitch against the mets on friday. that'll be exciting.

yanks are right back in it - it looks like a 4-horse race for the wildcard with the yanks 5.5 back. and i'm still not sold on the red sox lineup, so the division race could get interesting as well.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2007, 02:52:04 PM »

freakin pathetic. not only did we lose 2 of 3 - but the royals put up 2 TDs and a FG yesterday! i had to turn it off when i saw Jose Mesa coming out to pitch. that's just embarressing.

i'm a big yankees fan this week as they could help the phils big time - they play arizona (NL wildcard leader) and then the mets (division leader). i believe clemens will pitch against the mets on friday. that'll be exciting.

yanks are right back in it - it looks like a 4-horse race for the wildcard with the yanks 5.5 back. and i'm still not sold on the red sox lineup, so the division race could get interesting as well.

Yeah, Clemens vs Perez at the Stadium.....so we'll be spared watching clemens bat, at least.

The Sox run support (and record, too) hasn't been great either.

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2007, 05:29:28 PM »

The problem with the Sox is they have had a few guys way underachieve (Lugo, Crisp, Drew, Manny until recently).   A few guys WAY overachieved (Lowell, Youkilis, Pedroia for awhile).  Now Lowell, Youk, and Pedroia have come back to earth while Crisp and Lugo continue to struggle.  Manny's back on track and Drew has had 2 straight 3 hit games, but that's not nearly enough to say he's back.  They hit a LOT better at home.  Faced some very good pitching in Oakland and Arizona.  We'll see how they respond this week at Fenway.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2007, 07:25:40 PM »

I think boston will at the least bang around their next opponent colorado, so the yanks better take care of arizona. After that it gets tougher for us the mets. I don't know who boston plays after that.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2007, 10:24:39 PM »

I think boston will at the least bang around their next opponent colorado, so the yanks better take care of arizona. After that it gets tougher for us the mets. I don't know who boston plays after that.
The Sox play Colorado and SF at home for 6 this week, then travel to Atlanta and yet ANOTHER west coast trip to play SD and Seattle.  Not the easiest of schedules, especially the road games.  After the Yanks play the D'backs and Mets at home they go west to play Col. and SF, then back east to Baltimore.  Similar schedules.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2007, 10:32:28 PM »

The Sox play Colorado and SF at home for 6 this week, then travel to Atlanta and yet ANOTHER west coast trip to play SD and Seattle.  Not the easiest of schedules, especially the road games.  After the Yanks play the D'backs and Mets at home they go west to play Col. and SF, then back east to Baltimore.  Similar schedules.

Could be some tough games for both teams. Should be a interesting next week or so.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #209 on: June 17, 2007, 07:49:38 PM »

Bonds is at 748 as of today (June 17). Selig still ignores him and LaRussa is non-commital as to whether he will name him to the All Star game. This is not right. Whatever  he did, he deserves some respect.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2007, 09:45:40 AM »

The Yanks are now 3.5 behind Detroit for the WC, and are only .5 behind the Marniners...and 1.5 behind Oakland.

Lets see how they fare out in Colorodo starting tomorrow.  It's one of the best hitters parks in MLB (humidor or no humidor)...and this lineup doesn't really need much help, lately.

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2007, 07:01:40 PM »

The Yanks are now 3.5 behind Detroit for the WC, and are only .5 behind the Marniners...and 1.5 behind Oakland.

Lets see how they fare out in Colorodo starting tomorrow.  It's one of the best hitters parks in MLB (humidor or no humidor)...and this lineup doesn't really need much help, lately.

We sure don't. If we and arod continue to hit the way we have been the balls will be flying out of coors field. I am still amazed at how well he is hitting. He realistically has a shot at 100rbi at the break.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2007, 06:09:45 PM »

phils are frustrating. offense looks great, but our pitching problems continue. luckily the mets are nose-diving and we remain only 2 games out. still pretty unbelievable considering how we started and what the standings looked like 2 weeks ago.

hopefully we can win our next two series (cards and reds) heading into a 4-game series at home vs. the mets next weekend. that's gonna be huge.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2007, 06:27:05 PM »

yanks are in the thick of things - 6 games out of the wildcard.

but what the hell happened in colorado??? they shit the bed. everyone was predicting tons of runs at coors field for this offense, and they only score 5 runs. TOTAL.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2007, 06:33:10 PM »

but what the hell happened in colorado??? they shit the bed. everyone was predicting tons of runs at coors field for this offense, and they only score 5 runs. TOTAL.

It was pathetic the offense fell asleep. The pitching showed up but the offense stayed in new york it seems.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2007, 08:33:34 PM »

?

It was pathetic the offense fell asleep. The pitching showed up but the offense stayed in new york it seems.
As much as I'd love to pile on the Yankees for shitting the bed, I have to give a great deal of credit to the Rockies.  They have been playing MUCH better ball of late (best record in the majors the last 30 games or so, took 2 of  3 AT Fenway last week).  And I don't have the stats to back it up, but pitching/hitting at Coors field ain't what it used to be.  Sure there are still plenty of runs scored in the thin air, but the days of routine double digit scores seem to be over.  Up until the last couple years I NEVER would've touched a Colorado pitcher for my fantasy teams but I had Fuentes his first year as a closer and have had Jeff Francis the last 2 years.  I used to avoid starting guys when they pitched at Colorado, not anymore, for the most part.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2007, 08:51:24 PM »

As much as I'd love to pile on the Yankees for shitting the bed, I have to give a great deal of credit to the Rockies.  They have been playing MUCH better ball of late (best record in the majors the last 30 games or so, took 2 of  3 AT Fenway last week).  And I don't have the stats to back it up, but pitching/hitting at Coors field ain't what it used to be.  Sure there are still plenty of runs scored in the thin air, but the days of routine double digit scores seem to be over.  Up until the last couple years I NEVER would've touched a Colorado pitcher for my fantasy teams but I had Fuentes his first year as a closer and have had Jeff Francis the last 2 years.  I used to avoid starting guys when they pitched at Colorado, not anymore, for the most part.

Yeah they pitched really good against us. The yankees pitched good too even yesterday. It got bad in the late innings when Torre stupidly let Pettitte return for the 7th when he was clearly getting tired in the thinner air. Without that awful 7th inning those were 3 very close 1-2 run games.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2007, 11:54:15 PM »

?

As much as I'd love to pile on the Yankees for shitting the bed, I have to give a great deal of credit to the Rockies.? They have been playing MUCH better ball of late (best record in the majors the last 30 games or so, took 2 of? 3 AT Fenway last week).? And I don't have the stats to back it up, but pitching/hitting at Coors field ain't what it used to be.? Sure there are still plenty of runs scored in the thin air, but the days of routine double digit scores seem to be over.? Up until the last couple years I NEVER would've touched a Colorado pitcher for my fantasy teams but I had Fuentes his first year as a closer and have had Jeff Francis the last 2 years.? I used to avoid starting guys when they pitched at Colorado, not anymore, for the most part.

Yeah they pitched really good against us. The yankees pitched good too even yesterday. It got bad in the late innings when Torre stupidly let Pettitte return for the 7th when he was clearly getting tired in the thinner air. Without that awful 7th inning those were 3 very close 1-2 run games.
Yeah Francis is a pretty good pitcher.  He got off to a rough start this season, but he's been really great for the last month +.  Josh Fogg is garbage in my opinion but he's beaten the Yanks, Sox, and Mets this season so he's obviously doing something right.  Rodrigo Lopez has showed flashes in past seasons, he seems to have things going nicely, for now.  Their pitching is improved, that's for sure.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #218 on: June 21, 2007, 11:55:09 PM »

I found this funny little video on the net. 

Roger Clemens attempts one final comeback.
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/6562

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2007, 12:29:04 AM »

Yeah Francis is a pretty good pitcher.  He got off to a rough start this season, but he's been really great for the last month +.  Josh Fogg is garbage in my opinion but he's beaten the Yanks, Sox, and Mets this season so he's obviously doing something right.  Rodrigo Lopez has showed flashes in past seasons, he seems to have things going nicely, for now.  Their pitching is improved, that's for sure.

Funny how some awful pitches look like cy youngs against some really good teams. I can't figure that one out.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: