Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 10:27:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228491 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want  (Read 206139 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #600 on: October 14, 2007, 02:56:35 PM »

^ He steps down before he fires Torre  Roll Eyes

He's so fucking gutless, cant back his talk up.... Not that I want Torre to even go, just shows you his true colors
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #601 on: October 14, 2007, 08:12:17 PM »

I don't think Torre is going anywhere now honestly as long as he wants to stay.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #602 on: October 15, 2007, 08:05:36 AM »

Reportedly, the brothers were actually pushing George to keep Torre.

I'd say this is a pretty good sign for Joe.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
sandman
Legend

« Reply #603 on: October 15, 2007, 12:45:41 PM »

what's the yankees OF gonna look like next year?

Rowand in center? maybe that's why his agent is throwing out those ridiculous numbers.

Abreu in right? $16M for one of the worst defensive OF is alot. not sure what the FA market looks like but i'd imagine they'd prefer some speed and skill in right if they decide to sign Rowand.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #604 on: October 15, 2007, 01:15:01 PM »

what's the yankees OF gonna look like next year?

Rowand in center? maybe that's why his agent is throwing out those ridiculous numbers.

Abreu in right? $16M for one of the worst defensive OF is alot. not sure what the FA market looks like but i'd imagine they'd prefer some speed and skill in right if they decide to sign Rowand.

Melky will stay center.  He's earned his way both into the lineup, and into that position.

Abreu, I think, stays in Right.  The question becomes: what happens in left and that hinges on what happens with Giambi.  Our best bet would be Damon playing left and Matsui DH'ing...with liberal breaks for both (so, while not "platoooning" LF, Hideki getting a start in Left relatively often).  If Giambi stays, though, and he's your every day DH.....then, someone's gotta go.  I'm not sure who it is, though.  I DON'T think it's Melky, though.  And I'd be shocked if it was Matsui or Damon...which I guess leaves Abreu as odd man out.  The thing is...can Damon play RF?  I'm not sure....

It's going to be a VERY interesting off season for the Yanks.  The Arod/Rivera/Posada questions are the "sexy" ones, but there's other ones (you mention them above) that are just as interesting to some Yanks fans.  Rotation, outfield, and front office are ALL places we could see HUGE changes.  Legitamately, I think there's only 5 "safe" positions where there's no chance we'll see changes:  Jeter at SS, Doug M at 1st, Cano at 2nd, Melky in center, and Wang in the rotation.  Everything else is up in the air, to some degree or other.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:16:39 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #605 on: October 15, 2007, 08:16:31 PM »

Melky definitely stays in center like Pilferk said he's earned it. He flat out took that job from Damon. Abreu and Damon likely right and left respectively Damon sharing time with Matsui depending on how his knee is. If joe is back which appears quite likely now. I think Posada and Mo are back without a doubt maybe even A-Rod. The rotation should be very interesting. I would really like to see us dump Mussina on someone. Hopefully Pettitte picks up the option and have a rotation of. Wang, Pettitte, Hughes, Chamberlain and Kennedy. That would give us 4 pitchers under 30 and not at even at their primes yet.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #606 on: October 16, 2007, 01:49:14 AM »

I'm wondering if a long CLE/BOS series might kill the Rox momentum, going into the World Series. 

Then again, I'd have thought their momentum would die a long time ago, so who knows?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #607 on: October 16, 2007, 02:08:48 AM »

I'm wondering if a long CLE/BOS series might kill the Rox momentum, going into the World Series. 

Then again, I'd have thought their momentum would die a long time ago, so who knows?

I'm wondering that myself but i don't know man. They kinda seem like a team of destiny. They are on a roll i have never seen in my 30 years.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #608 on: October 16, 2007, 07:51:22 AM »

I'm hoping for a Cleveland/Rockies WS  It's one of those "I wouldnt mind seeing EITHER team win it" series, so I can sit back, watch it, and just enjoy some good baseball.

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #609 on: October 16, 2007, 10:01:18 AM »

as i mentioned previously, i think the long break may kill the rockies.

tito has a tough call tonight. beckett on 3-days or wakefield. sounds like he's going with wakefield. not sure what i'd do. beckett has proven success on 3-days rest. but would doing it twice in 4 days be too much?

at the same time, if they lose tonight they have a major mountain to clime. tough call.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #610 on: October 16, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »

I'm hoping for a Cleveland/Rockies WS  It's one of those "I wouldnt mind seeing EITHER team win it" series, so I can sit back, watch it, and just enjoy some good baseball.

Agreed. It will be nice to know a team will win that hasn't won since 1948 or ever.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #611 on: October 17, 2007, 12:34:59 AM »

Wow!  Wakefield looked good, until...

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #612 on: October 17, 2007, 12:51:16 AM »

I saw the back-to-back-to-back homers at work, it was amazing.

Stick a fork in the Sox, 'cuz they're done.  My prediction from the start came true.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #613 on: October 17, 2007, 02:36:13 AM »

Stick a fork in the Sox, 'cuz they're done.  My prediction from the start came true.

And how about manny acting like a complete tool standing there for half a minute admiring a homerun that only got them within four.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #614 on: October 17, 2007, 02:51:47 AM »

Stick a fork in the Sox, 'cuz they're done.? My prediction from the start came true.

And how about manny acting like a complete tool standing there for half a minute admiring a homerun that only got them within four.

I just hate that do-rag, or whatever it is he wears under his batting helmet.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #615 on: October 17, 2007, 03:05:01 AM »

I always thought it was a bandana. It does look stupid though.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #616 on: October 17, 2007, 03:15:46 AM »

Stick a fork in the Sox, 'cuz they're done.? My prediction from the start came true.

I sure would hate to see Boston come back to be honest.  They would forever be known as the "comeback" team, especially since what they did in 2004.

I can't wait for the World Series.  I am kinda torn between which team to root for.  I'm an NL guy, but both teams deserve props for what they have accomplished this year.

I always thought it was a bandana. It does look stupid though.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #617 on: October 17, 2007, 08:46:38 AM »

can't wait to see the blockbuster ratings a Rockies-Indians series will get!  hihi

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #618 on: October 17, 2007, 08:53:23 AM »

can't wait to see the blockbuster ratings a Rockies-Indians series will get!  hihi

I'll actually watch this one (assuming the Indians manage to put the Sox away...an assumption I'm not making quite yet)...which is more than I can say for the Tigers/St. Louis series last year.

I think it'll do OK.  The "hype" of the Rockies hot streak, combined with the Cleveland "champtionship drought" makes it at least a BIT more compelling and dramatic than most matchups are.  I mean...the Indians aren't the Cubs, or the pre-2004 Red Sox, but they're close.  And the Rockies are a young club that's just fun to watch.

It's likely not going to get HUGE ratings, though...I think you're right on that.

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #619 on: October 18, 2007, 09:45:05 AM »

the other day i didn't realize there was an off day last night. Tito is a moron. he's the worst manager to ever win a WS.

Beckett should have been pitching tuesday night. he's proven he can do it. Schilling would have been pitching on his normal rest tonight, and Beckett would have been ready for a Game 7.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: