Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 06:22:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want  (Read 205907 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #520 on: October 06, 2007, 02:16:02 AM »

oh jesus, what a GLORIOUS day it was.  The fucking yankees lose in extra innings and the shitty cubbies lose as well.  Its a dream come true.  I couldn't think of two other teams i despise more.

really, FUCK THE YANKEES.  Fuck them right in the ear.  I love how they are trying to blame it on the bugs too.  hahahha how about you just FUCKING SUCK.

FUCK them, i hope they get swept.  I love how quiet the city is tonight since they lost. fucking assholes.

and the cubs, my god, how can you spend that much money and not completely dominate the comedy central.  fucking douche bags.

i love it.

BRING OUT THE BROOMS BABY!!!!

You're being a real asshole.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #521 on: October 06, 2007, 09:45:19 AM »

Wow...not a single split in any series.

oh jesus, what a GLORIOUS day it was.  The fucking yankees lose in extra innings and the shitty cubbies lose as well.  Its a dream come true.  I couldn't think of two other teams i despise more.

really, FUCK THE YANKEES.  Fuck them right in the ear.  I love how they are trying to blame it on the bugs too.  hahahha how about you just FUCKING SUCK.

FUCK them, i hope they get swept.  I love how quiet the city is tonight since they lost. fucking assholes.

and the cubs, my god, how can you spend that much money and not completely dominate the comedy central.  fucking douche bags.

i love it.

BRING OUT THE BROOMS BABY!!!!

Are you drunk?  Normally I agree with you quite a bit, but since you're talking shit and being an asshole, which I've never seen from you before, I have to ask.  ok

Anyway, the Cubs did WIN the Central, so I'm not sure what the problem is there.     

I took a look back through the thread and found your other post:

Here is to praying and hoping me beloved Buccos finish above .500  ok

Be even better if they can make a playoff run, but first things first...baby steps Wink

How'd that work out for ya?  rofl

ahhaha dude i was absolutely trashed last night  ok  just re-read my post and i'm cracking up.  as obnoxious as yankees fans are when they're winning I sound just as bad rubbing it in  hihi

my apologies dudes - but seriously, its just baseball and i live in a city where the team always wins and I root for a team that constantly loses.  just a little pent up rage/jealousy  peace  hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #522 on: October 06, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »

ahhaha dude i was absolutely trashed last night  ok  just re-read my post and i'm cracking up.  as obnoxious as yankees fans are when they're winning I sound just as bad rubbing it in  hihi

my apologies dudes - but seriously, its just baseball and i live in a city where the team always wins and I root for a team that constantly loses.  just a little pent up rage/jealousy  peace  hihi

I had a feeling.  No harm, no foul. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #523 on: October 06, 2007, 04:41:50 PM »

freedom - just wondering, were you drunk when you called all arizona fans bitches? cause it seems strange that you would do that, then get upset when LB calls a TEAM (not a fanbase) douche bags and respond by calling him an asshole.

anyway, back on topic. the yankees got out of jam after jam last night. the indians just couldn't get the sac fly or base hits they needed. i thought for sure the yankees were gonna make them pay, cause you usually can get away with so many missed opportunities. but 3 hits over 11 innings just isn't gonna get it done. great game though!! i prefer pitching duels in the playoffs.

and it's gonna be interesting to see if A-Rod can finally get a hit. he just looks lost up there.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #524 on: October 07, 2007, 12:58:07 AM »

So the Cubbies are out.  I have mixed feelings about this.  I absolutely hate the D'Backs, but at the same time, think of all the corny headlines about goats and 99-year droughts we would have to read about.

I am glad the Yankees are on the ropes.  There is no way I can root for a team like them.  At least the teams of the late 90's had some class and grace, and didn't have overpaid babies who can't get a hit.

I am hoping for a Rockies/Indians WS.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #525 on: October 07, 2007, 01:07:23 AM »

So the Cubbies are out.  I have mixed feelings about this.  I absolutely hate the D'Backs, but at the same time, think of all the corny headlines about goats and 99-year droughts we would have to read about.

I am glad the Yankees are on the ropes.  There is no way I can root for a team like them.  At least the teams of the late 90's had some class and grace, and didn't have overpaid babies who can't get a hit.

I am hoping for a Rockies/Indians WS.

Over priced babies? Yeah right ok  Roll Eyes You do realize how many young guys are on that time right? And anyone that thinks jeter, matsui posada cano cabrera arod, damon are babies is dead. Wrong they aren't making any excuses for why they aren't hitting. Oh and cleveland wasn't exactly killing the ball in game two. They couldn't get a hit with risp either for 10 innings.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #526 on: October 07, 2007, 03:21:14 AM »

Oh Herro, its your boy, little butter,s totally smashed again with his baseball commentary.

wow, a swweeep in chicago.  frededom, il ove you, but wow, no wins?!?!!  no offense, but F the cubs.  how can you not even get a W???  pathetic.  where is bartman when you need him.  they don't even have any excuses when you need them

and timothy, no offense, but fuck the yankees.  the team is the biggest joke in the majors.  if there ever is a salary cap the yankes will be exposed for the joke of a franchise they are.....  they buy wins, not build them.  they simply are gettin out played.  unfortunagely, if anyone can come back fro ma 0-2 deficit its the fucking yankees   i hate them more than life itself hahha Smiley

peacoe out guys, its only a game and lil butters loves his beer.  peace be with you all.  GO BUCCOS 2008 hahhahaha  rofl

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #527 on: October 07, 2007, 03:32:34 AM »

Mostly A-Rod, Tim.

As a player, Jeter has my utmost respect.

But that's all they are.  All that money, down the drain.  They had a press conference early in the year announcing that A-Rod and Jeter no longer have slumber parties together.

Oh joy!

I know they're your favorite team, but c'mon.  The system is fucked.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #528 on: October 07, 2007, 03:37:56 AM »

Oh Herro, its your boy, little butter,s totally smashed again with his baseball commentary.

wow, a swweeep in chicago.  frededom, il ove you, but wow, no wins?!?!!  no offense, but F the cubs.  how can you not even get a W???  pathetic.  where is bartman when you need him.  they don't even have any excuses when you need them

and timothy, no offense, but fuck the yankees.  the team is the biggest joke in the majors.  if there ever is a salary cap the yankes will be exposed for the joke of a franchise they are.....  they buy wins, not build them.  they simply are gettin out played.  unfortunagely, if anyone can come back fro ma 0-2 deficit its the fucking yankees   i hate them more than life itself hahha Smiley

peacoe out guys, its only a game and lil butters loves his beer.  peace be with you all.  GO BUCCOS 2008 hahhahaha  rofl

Buying wins? Bullshit they haven't won a damn thing since 2000. How is that buying wins? Look how much we struggled this year. If we were buying wins we would be winning when it counts.  Plus they are starting to build now that cashman has control over the players. We now have one of the best farm systems in all of baseball. A lot of young home grown players have contributed in the last few years. Wang, Cano, Cabrera, Duncan, Hughes, Chamberlain, Kennedy, Ohlendorf. We didn't buy those guys we either drafted them or traded for them. Trying to buy championships may have been steinbrenners way but it is not cashman' way and its slowly starting to show.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #529 on: October 07, 2007, 03:40:52 AM »

Mostly A-Rod, Tim.

As a player, Jeter has my utmost respect.

But that's all they are.  All that money, down the drain.  They had a press conference early in the year announcing that A-Rod and Jeter no longer have slumber parties together.

Oh joy!

I know they're your favorite team, but c'mon.  The system is fucked.

Yeah the system is but you can't blame that on the yankees. Its not their fault they play in the largest market and can get all that revenue to spend. You can't deny the luxury tax system is working though. I mean look who we've got in the NLCS. The Dbacks and Rockies. Not exactly big spenders.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #530 on: October 07, 2007, 03:49:49 AM »

Exactly dude.  They got to where they got by developing players, and not spending the big bucks on free agents.

And I didn't mean the system that the league uses.

I meant the system the Yankees use by buying players.  Tongue

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #531 on: October 07, 2007, 04:12:04 AM »

Exactly dude.  They got to where they got by developing players, and not spending the big bucks on free agents.

And I didn't mean the system that the league uses.

I meant the system the Yankees use by buying players.  Tongue

And thats why i'm glad cashman has gotten more control. He seems to really be trying to develop the players. I hope it continues that way with Hal the likely successor to George. Hal is a huge supporter of cashman. So i am hoping it continues in the way of developing our own. Hopefully then everyone won't look at us as buying things then. We could actually have 3 22yrs or younger home grown starters next season. That wouldn't have happened even say 2-3 yrs ago. Although i think only 2 are likely. I don't think we'll have a spot for a third young pitcher. We'll still have Pussina unless we can dump his washed up ass on someone.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #532 on: October 07, 2007, 11:01:52 AM »

freedom - just wondering, were you drunk when you called all arizona fans bitches? cause it seems strange that you would do that, then get upset when LB calls a TEAM (not a fanbase) douche bags and respond by calling him an asshole.

Nope, stone cold sober, I'm afraid.  And I'm not upset at Butters...I've just never seen him talk shit, before, and it seemed out of character.  If someone wants to call me an asshole for my Arizona post, feel free.  But I had some actual points to make in that post, rather than "FUCK Arizona, those bitches ain't shit!".

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #533 on: October 07, 2007, 12:41:04 PM »

Nope, stone cold sober, I'm afraid.? And I'm not upset at Butters...I've just never seen him talk shit, before, and it seemed out of character.? If someone wants to call me an asshole for my Arizona post, feel free.? But I had some actual points to make in that post, rather than "FUCK Arizona, those bitches ain't shit!".

?
na, i would never call someone an asshole for having passionate feelings about sports. i'm the same way.

i guess i was just surprised you called someone an asshole like that.

i think the rockies will beat arizona in 5. and i think right now i'd pick them to win it all. their offense is awesome, but they are getting great pitching as well. they are very dangerous.

apparently, charlie manuel has been asked to return, but i'd be surprised if they give him more than a year. Gillick said he's out after next season, so i think they'd like to give the new GM a choice in picking the manager.

the phils need starting pitching. i'd move myers back to a starting role, but rumors are that he's staying as the closer. and unfortunately, the free agent market for SP is thin.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #534 on: October 07, 2007, 01:12:47 PM »

wow! i'm a little surprised about this, but really surprised this has come out today. the old man isn't all there.

Steinbrenner: Yankees must win or Torre likely gone  
October 7, 2007

HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) -- George Steinbrenner says Joe Torre most likely won't return to the New York Yankees unless they overcome their deficit against the Cleveland Indians and reach the AL championship series.

"His job is on the line," the owner was quoted in Sunday's editions of The Record. "I think we're paying him a lot of money. He's the highest-paid manager in baseball, so I don't think we'd take him back if we don't win this series."

Torre was hired before the 1996 season and led the Yankees to four World Series in his first five seasons but none since. New York last reached the World Series in 2003, wasted a 3-0 lead to Boston in the 2004 ALCS, then was eliminated by the Angels and Detroit in the first round the last two years.

Cleveland led this year's best-of-five, first-round series 2-0 heading into Game 3 Sunday night.

Torre is being paid $7 million this year, the final season of his contract. 

Steinbrenner also criticized umpire Bruce Froemming for not stopping play when insects invaded the field during Game 2 in Cleveland on Friday. Rookie reliever Joba Chamberlain threw two wild pitches that allowed Cleveland to tie the game in the eighth, and the Indians went on to win 2-1 in 11 innings.

Froemming called it "just a little irritation." Steinbrenner profanely dismissed Froemming's explanation.

"He won't umpire our games anymore," Steinbrenner said.

Team owners do not direct umpiring assignments, and the 68-year-old Froemming -- the longest-tenured umpire in history -- is retiring after this season.

The Yankees complained to baseball commissioner Bud Selig.

"(Selig) just said, 'That's in the umpires' hands.' ... It was terrible. It messed up the whole team, (Derek) Jeter, all of them," Steinbrenner told the paper.

Steinbrenner also predicted Alex Rodriguez will remain with the Yankees. A-Rod has the right to opt out of the final three years of his record $252 million, 10-year contract after the World Series and become a free agent.

"I think we'll re-sign him," Steinbrenner told the paper. "I think he's going to have a good run the rest of the (postseason). I think he realizes New York is the place to be, the place to play. A lot of this (postseason) is laying on his shoulders, you know, but I think he's up to it."

The 77-year-old Steinbrenner, who has appeared to be more frail in recent years, said he will make the decisions on Torre and Rodriguez.

"I have full control," Steinbrenner said.

Steinbrenner, who has limited his public comments of late, was expected at Yankee Stadium on Sunday night.

"I haven't reached him this morning," spokesman Howard Rubenstein said. "I'm going to see him at the game."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-yankees-torre&prov=ap&type=lgns

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #535 on: October 07, 2007, 02:21:38 PM »

Nope, stone cold sober, I'm afraid.  And I'm not upset at Butters...I've just never seen him talk shit, before, and it seemed out of character.  If someone wants to call me an asshole for my Arizona post, feel free.  But I had some actual points to make in that post, rather than "FUCK Arizona, those bitches ain't shit!".

na, i would never call someone an asshole for having passionate feelings about sports. i'm the same way.

i guess i was just surprised you called someone an asshole like that.

it was just me though - so he was kinda right  hihi

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #536 on: October 07, 2007, 02:23:17 PM »

awful timing by George.  If I was Torre I would just throw the game.  Pretty dick of your boss to put that much pressure on you when you're down two games in a best of three.

my fave part is when he said "he won't be the umpire at any of our games anymore" as if he has control over that hahaha.

as much as i hate the yankees, i do think the game should have been called when the bugs were out like that.  Did the yankees suggest they stop the game for a bit?

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #537 on: October 07, 2007, 07:14:27 PM »

awful timing by George.  If I was Torre I would just throw the game.  Pretty dick of your boss to put that much pressure on you when you're down two games in a best of three.

my fave part is when he said "he won't be the umpire at any of our games anymore" as if he has control over that hahaha.

as much as i hate the yankees, i do think the game should have been called when the bugs were out like that.  Did the yankees suggest they stop the game for a bit?

I don't know if they did or not but i agree, stop the game for a few minutes let everyone wipe the sweat off. The bugs probably would've left then
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #538 on: October 07, 2007, 08:34:49 PM »

awful timing by George.? If I was Torre I would just throw the game.? Pretty dick of your boss to put that much pressure on you when you're down two games in a best of three.

as much as i hate the yankees, i do think the game should have been called when the bugs were out like that.? Did the yankees suggest they stop the game for a bit?
Joba calling for the Off TWICE in one inning wasn't enough of a delay?  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the bugs were as annoying as hell, but both teams had to deal with it.  Don't even try to use that as an excuse.
I don't know if they did or not but i agree, stop the game for a few minutes let everyone wipe the sweat off. The bugs probably would've left then
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 09:30:48 AM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #539 on: October 07, 2007, 08:55:41 PM »

wow! i'm a little surprised about this, but really surprised this has come out today. the old man isn't all there.

Steinbrenner: Yankees must win or Torre likely gone  
October 7, 2007

HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) -- George Steinbrenner says Joe Torre most likely won't return to the New York Yankees unless they overcome their deficit against the Cleveland Indians and reach the AL championship series.

"His job is on the line," the owner was quoted in Sunday's editions of The Record. "I think we're paying him a lot of money. He's the highest-paid manager in baseball, so I don't think we'd take him back if we don't win this series."

Torre was hired before the 1996 season and led the Yankees to four World Series in his first five seasons but none since. New York last reached the World Series in 2003, wasted a 3-0 lead to Boston in the 2004 ALCS, then was eliminated by the Angels and Detroit in the first round the last two years.

Cleveland led this year's best-of-five, first-round series 2-0 heading into Game 3 Sunday night.

Torre is being paid $7 million this year, the final season of his contract. 

Steinbrenner also criticized umpire Bruce Froemming for not stopping play when insects invaded the field during Game 2 in Cleveland on Friday. Rookie reliever Joba Chamberlain threw two wild pitches that allowed Cleveland to tie the game in the eighth, and the Indians went on to win 2-1 in 11 innings.

Froemming called it "just a little irritation." Steinbrenner profanely dismissed Froemming's explanation.

"He won't umpire our games anymore," Steinbrenner said.

Team owners do not direct umpiring assignments, and the 68-year-old Froemming -- the longest-tenured umpire in history -- is retiring after this season.

The Yankees complained to baseball commissioner Bud Selig.

"(Selig) just said, 'That's in the umpires' hands.' ... It was terrible. It messed up the whole team, (Derek) Jeter, all of them," Steinbrenner told the paper.

Steinbrenner also predicted Alex Rodriguez will remain with the Yankees. A-Rod has the right to opt out of the final three years of his record $252 million, 10-year contract after the World Series and become a free agent.

"I think we'll re-sign him," Steinbrenner told the paper. "I think he's going to have a good run the rest of the (postseason). I think he realizes New York is the place to be, the place to play. A lot of this (postseason) is laying on his shoulders, you know, but I think he's up to it."

The 77-year-old Steinbrenner, who has appeared to be more frail in recent years, said he will make the decisions on Torre and Rodriguez.

"I have full control," Steinbrenner said.

Steinbrenner, who has limited his public comments of late, was expected at Yankee Stadium on Sunday night.

"I haven't reached him this morning," spokesman Howard Rubenstein said. "I'm going to see him at the game."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-yankees-torre&prov=ap&type=lgns

Sandman, I think many of us can agree that THIS guy is a true asshole. 

Seriously, Torre should tell him to shut the fuck up.  A story like this, when they're in the playoffs?  This just doesn't happen with other owners/GMs.  He's threatening his own team.  It's silly.

The bugs at the game were unreal.  It was one of those things that make baseball lore so great, and what an oddity it was. 

Anyway, I can't believe that, with a Cleveland win tonight, there'd be four opening round sweeps.  Three is still a big surprise.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: