Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 06:37:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007 Baseball Season is about to start--talk about anything you want  (Read 205976 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #320 on: August 20, 2007, 06:30:54 AM »

my yankees are only 4 games in back of Boston for AL East  Grin

Yep they are Cheesy I hope we do well against the Angels. They always seem to give us fits. Hope the rays can steal one or two from the sox.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #321 on: August 22, 2007, 11:19:43 PM »

Wow so what's everyone think of that texas/baltimore score? I can't believe that 30-3!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #322 on: August 22, 2007, 11:41:58 PM »

The outfield scoreboard couldn't handle it in Philly...
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #323 on: August 23, 2007, 01:28:21 AM »

Thats amusing. I think i read it was the second most runs scored in major league history.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #324 on: August 23, 2007, 01:42:36 AM »

Thats amusing. I think i read it was the second most runs scored in major league history.

Yeah, 36 in 1897.  That's insane.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #325 on: August 23, 2007, 04:33:37 AM »

Yeah, 36 in 1897.  That's insane.

Yeah especially in that era. I would expect that more today then back then in the dead ball era.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2007, 10:15:09 PM »

that was one hell of an offensive explosion, sucks to be an Oriole fan but it was great watching it.

A-Rod's been keeping up his great year, 3 HR in the series vs. the Angels. Think he'll be MVP? or Will Magglio take it?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #327 on: August 23, 2007, 10:20:33 PM »

that was one hell of an offensive explosion, sucks to be an Oriole fan but it was great watching it.

A-Rod's been keeping up his great year, 3 HR in the series vs. the Angels. Think he'll be MVP? or Will Magglio take it?

It's A-Rod's to lose, IMO.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #328 on: August 23, 2007, 10:32:11 PM »

I'd say he is the favorite. Without him we'd have been even further out of it i think. He used to hit home runs that padded leads now he's hitting ones that give us leads. Thats an mvp in my book.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #329 on: August 28, 2007, 09:39:22 AM »

what happened to the yanks? i was looking forward to this series and now it's not nearly as big as it seemed it would be 2-3 weeks ago.

they are still right there in the wild card race, but they sure don't look like a playoff team.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #330 on: August 28, 2007, 10:05:04 AM »

what happened to the yanks? i was looking forward to this series and now it's not nearly as big as it seemed it would be 2-3 weeks ago.

they are still right there in the wild card race, but they sure don't look like a playoff team.

Their pitching has gone back to what it was in April and May.

Offense is still doing well.;

Luckily, Seattle has been on close to the same skids so far, so the wild card is still in reach.  But I think we can pretty much call the AL East race done.  With 31 games left, and 8 game lead is pretty tough to overcome.  If the sox go 16-15 over the rest of their games, the yanks would need to go 24 -7 to tie them.  Mathematically possible, but practiacally impossible.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #331 on: August 28, 2007, 07:43:13 PM »

Luckily, Seattle has been on close to the same skids so far, so the wild card is still in reach.  But I think we can pretty much call the AL East race done.  With 31 games left, and 8 game lead is pretty tough to overcome.  If the sox go 16-15 over the rest of their games, the yanks would need to go 24 -7 to tie them.  Mathematically possible, but practiacally impossible.

Well i wouldn't say thats completely true about the pitching. Pettitte and Clemens are still giving us the chance to win and Hughes hasn't been horrible. Its Pussina who needs to fall off a cliff.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #332 on: August 28, 2007, 11:53:07 PM »

Good Lord , this Jaba Chamberlain is as close to unhittable right now, as I've seen in awhile. He was a little too pumped up against the Sox and was a little wild, but his shit is just filthy.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #333 on: August 28, 2007, 11:58:57 PM »

Good Lord , this Jaba Chamberlain is as close to unhittable right now, as I've seen in awhile. He was a little too pumped up against the Sox and was a little wild, but his shit is just filthy.
He did look pretty nasty and not to take anything away from him, but I think I could've struck out Eric Hinske and J.D. Drew that inning.  Not exactly murderer's row.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2007, 12:14:07 AM »

He did look pretty nasty and not to take anything away from him, but I think I could've struck out Eric Hinske and J.D. Drew that inning.? Not exactly murderer's row.

Haha, that's for sure.

Speaking of Drew - what an idiot Epstein is for signing this guy.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #335 on: August 29, 2007, 12:30:10 AM »

Man, how the Brew-crew has fallen.  They led that division for so long, and now they're a sub-.500 club. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #336 on: August 29, 2007, 01:24:11 AM »

Joba Chamberlain is the 1st pitcher since 1900 to begin his career with 8 scoreless appearances, with at least 1 strikeout in each game.

per bbtn

Wow!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #337 on: August 29, 2007, 07:38:58 AM »

Well i wouldn't say thats completely true about the pitching. Pettitte and Clemens are still giving us the chance to win and Hughes hasn't been horrible. Its Pussina who needs to fall off a cliff.

The whole rotation (except Pettite) has had at least one BAD start over the past 15 games or so. That kind of inconsistency hadn't happened since early in the season.  Wang needs to get his ball to start sinking, instead of tailing (last start was better, but not as good as it usually is). 

.Mussina has been awful.  Looks like they're gonna skip him on Saturday and go with Kennedy (who, FYI, has been unreal in AAA ball).

The plus side in all this is that the Mariners are playing even worse, right now. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #338 on: August 29, 2007, 08:26:39 AM »

He did look pretty nasty and not to take anything away from him, but I think I could've struck out Eric Hinske and J.D. Drew that inning.? Not exactly murderer's row.

Haha, that's for sure.

Speaking of Drew - what an idiot Epstein is for signing this guy.
Yeah he has been awful, terrible, disgustingly bad all season long.  He's done well in the field but at the plate he's been a disaster.  Lugo was another off-season addition who got off to a horrid start but he's turned it around of late.  Not so for Drew, he's been bad from the start and has shown no signs of breaking out.  The funny thing is when he was signed nobody was really concerned about his production, the questions about his health worried people.  He's been healthy and very unproductive.  He was up in 2 big spots last night and obviously failed in both.  Bottom line, he is not good.  Hinske is expected, he's a role player/bench guy who's not making 15 mil a year.  Maybe Drew will bounce back next year, he's had some personal problems this year (his infant son was seriously ill earlier in the season), but this year seems to be a lost cause.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #339 on: August 29, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »

Joba Chamberlain is the 1st pitcher since 1900 to begin his career with 8 scoreless appearances, with at least 1 strikeout in each game.

per bbtn

Wow!

That's cool, but, man, do they come up with weird stats or what?  "Espinoza was the first batter since 1904 to record a hit while squeezing a grapfruit between his ass cheeks." 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: