Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 04:46:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Complete Rumor: Axl on Year Zero (New NIN CD)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complete Rumor: Axl on Year Zero (New NIN CD)  (Read 4761 times)
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: February 13, 2007, 10:31:04 AM »

Ive seen it floated around on a few small NIN forums recently that perhaps all the Trent buzz is about Axl being a guest vocalist.  Trent said recently in Kerrang that there is a guest vocalist on the album but he doesnt want to release who it is yet.  Also Freese plays drums on one track and his relationship with Axl might have brought him to Trent.  It also seems odd to me his new found obsession with Chinese Democracy and while he never has seemed to be the biggest GNR fan and while I think its probably bogus, it makes more sense than Axl on Gilmore Girls.  Also Trent isnt the grudge holding type of guy so even in the Robin thing made him mad, if he could forgive Manson I guarantee he wouldnt hold anything against Axl for that.  I bet its bogus, but figured id tell people that it has been at least mentioned by hardcore NIN fans as a possibility. (also should be mentioned Flavor Flav has also been brought up so who knows.)
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 10:38:44 AM »

Would be really cool if it's true, I guess that's all that can be said about it...

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 10:39:25 AM »

that would be very ironic if axl was to be on a studio album NOT being CD.

rumor

elmir
VIP

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 10:44:55 AM »

maybe the new NIN record is THE CD....a perfect cover up....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 10:47:16 AM »

That would be so fuckin cool.  And you gotta remember all the shit a few years back saying that CD would be a techno album.  So who knows.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 10:48:01 AM »

Reznor is probably talking about Saul, but that doesnt make much sense to me since there are pictures of him with Saul recording and its pretty clear Saul Williams is helping on the album on vocals. ?The weird thing is though in every picture of Trent with Saul Williams though there appears to be an Axl reference. ?Again I highly doubt it, but thats rumored, the new NIN album is slated for an April 17th release so as of right now CD is slated to be released before that, but I dont think anyone still believes CD will be out March 6th. ?

Oh but its not like Reznor doesnt work with odd people, I mean he loves David Bowie and works with him and toured with him, he and Axl working together really wouldnt come as a big shock for NIN fans, more of a shock that Axl would work with him. ?It would be cool but I highly doubt its true again its mere speculation by NIN fans based on the pictures and Trent's interviews.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 10:52:24 AM »

Reznor is probably talking about Saul, but that doesnt make much sense to me

Doesnt make sence to me either as I havent been in the studio with trent!  hihi

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 10:55:41 AM »

I think the track list will be something like:

01. Hyperpower!
02. The Beginning of the End
03. Survivalism
04. The Good Soldier
05. Vessel
06. Me, I'm Not
07. Capital G
08. My Violent Heart
09. The Warning
10. God Given
11. Meet Your Master (with Axl Rose on vocals)
12. The Greater Good
13. The Great Destroyer (with Axl Rose on vocals and some Chinese Democracy samplers)
14. Another Version of the Truth (With Slash, Duff and Matt Sorum from Velvet Revolver)
15. In This Twilight
16. Zero-Sum

edited by me
 hihi

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 10:57:48 AM »

He has done backup vocals on other projects before so it is a possibility. I'm however leaning more towards that Trent is just enjoying fooling around with the symbol CD has become than there being a connection like this to it.

It doesn't always have to be Axl if it's secret hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
elmir
VIP

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 11:00:37 AM »

not to mention the fact that a whole bunch of gnr fans will now go out and buy this record searching for more "clues" which may be hiding in there....

so he literally just doubled his sales...by using photoshop...

smart guy.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 11:00:45 AM »

Also Trent isnt the grudge holding type of guy so even in the Robin thing made him mad, if he could forgive Manson I guarantee he wouldnt hold anything against Axl for that.
What happened between him and Manson?
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 11:16:12 AM »

Manson ran his mouth about Trent, pretty much disowned him as a producer/friend etc...  Trent respondes with Star*uckers inc. a song clearly about Manson.  Manson then wound up on stage singing the song with Trent at MSG and also appeared in the video.  I do kinda think Trent might just like the name Chinese Democracy as thats how he sees his band.  I mean Trents band is as much a democracy as China and a lot of the mentions of Chinese Democracy come in photos of Trent with his band.  I wouldnt recommend anyone buy the cd for clues, but it should be a pretty interesting cd.  Something mustve happened to Trent since usually his albums take years and this one only took like a year and a half and he supposedly recoreded most of it on the road in hotel rooms.  Itd be nice if Axl somehow picked up that ability. 

It should be noted though that Trent doesnt record nicely with other stars.  I mean he and Maynard are good friends and their joint project produced pretty much nothing, hes a control freak so I think if Axl was on the album it probably would have been something like Axl recording something in his studio and sending it to trent and trent reworking it.
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 11:22:28 AM »

trent and marilyn had a falling out, supposedly manson did some stuff behind trent back. also it was rumoured that the song 'starfuckers inc.' off the fragile was about manson.

axl on year zero? unlikely... but I WILL never doubt anything in this G n' R camp until its out. i could actually see it being flavor flav (as mentioned earlier) trent said this new album was made piece by piece- lots of layers ect.. "like a public enemy record." i could also see maynard from tool as well.

as was said about trent doing this to 'sell more copies' i don't think he needs help, his music is consitently brillient. there are many great acts (g n r included) that don't need gimics to sell records.

i would love a 'year zero/chinese democracy' tour though!!!

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 11:34:46 AM »

Hmm, i dont think there will be any Axl on Year Zero. But it would be cool. Im a fan of bouth bands...

there are alot of Pictures on http://yearzero.nin.com/  You just have to find the right spots... havent found any gnr relations this time... LOL but who knows... i would be looking to hard  hihi   

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
GeraldFord
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 11:41:11 AM »

Manson and Trent had a falling out, and then made up again, and then I believe they had another falling out.

Unless there is a source to this rumor, I am wring it off as complete bullshit. The guest vocalist for the new NIN is said to be Saul Williams.

Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 11:44:02 AM »

Axl and Trent working together it would be brilliant. Axl always said he loved what Reznor's work, and Trent also recognized Axl as a great composer...so who knows...

With or without Axl I'll sure as hell buy Year Zero. I have all NIN records, they're brilliant...By the way, I just saw them live this saturday and what a show it was...

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 11:46:44 AM »

I wouldn't count it out entirely. I mean Axl somehow found the time to add his voice to GTA: San Andreas while he was supposedly hard at work putting the "finishing touches" on CD.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 12:04:59 PM »

hmmm something to think about indeed what song would it be? any one have a link or something of the song that its "rumored" to be?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GeraldFord
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 12:07:26 PM »

What should make us think this could be true? Source? What is the original rumor and on what board?
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 12:10:56 PM »

this is not a rumor, this is SPECULATION!!
rumor is when you actually have some sort of source...except for imagination.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: