Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 07:08:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228147 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Could a Madagascar video be in the works in RSA?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Could a Madagascar video be in the works in RSA?  (Read 5434 times)
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« on: February 12, 2007, 11:19:19 PM »

I know that this is speculation, but in a discussion at www.rosesofvelvet.com, elmir brought up that it's possible that GNR could be looking to shoot a video in South Africa.  Here's what was said:

I am willing to take a bet with you that the first video will be filmed while they're here...its no rocket science....U2, Robbie williams and a host of other artists and US film production companies are using sa as a location and crew source nowdays....really wouldn't surprise me...not at all...

That got me thinking that this would be a prime location to shoot a video for Madagascar.  I don't know if it was brought up before, but I think that it kind of makes sense.  I know that to us diehards, it's an old song, but I think that being in South Africa, the band has a wonderful opportunity to do something great with it and reintroduce the world to Guns N' Roses.
1. The title of the song is Madagascar, which is part of Africa.
2. The song features quotes from Nelson Mandela, the former Prime Minister of South Africa.
3. The theme of the song could be emphasized using images and clips from the nation, which has been a site of conflict in the past.

Maybe they're looking to get clips in South Africa to use in the video.  Maybe they're looking to get some footage of Axl and the band with Nelson Mandela.  Either way, I find it interesting that they're heading to South Africa with the intention of kicking off a Chinese Democracy 2007 tour, while they have a song that is closely tied to the area.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
EFISH
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 11:26:34 PM »

Well, I think Madagascar would make an absolutely amazing video. I also think it would be a cool first single. However, I don't think they will use it for the first single. I just can't see it happening. Also, we don't know if they are actually kicking off in South Africa....I'm pretty sure that some dates will be added before that show....especially if Chinese Democracy is coming out in March or even early April, I don't see them sitting around for a month. But I like your train of thought, I mean....it's possible, but with GN'R, I just don't see that happening.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 11:27:49 PM »

Not the proper release for a fist single, but not a bad theory by any means.
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 11:30:21 PM »

I think that type of footage would be in cool in a video for Madagascar. I think at this point its a safe bet to say better will be the first singe. But they will have more than one video released and Madagascar wouldn't be a bad second video to follow up better.? smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 11:30:40 PM »

Not the proper release for a fist single, but not a bad theory by any means.

Of course, there's always room for them to have another song out there first and use footage from the RSA shows to have a video for Madagascar.  It doesn't have to happen right away.  I think if they play their cards right, they can have a single out in March or early April, use the RSA shows to shoot a video for Madagascar and release that as a single somewhere down the road.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 11:35:25 PM »

They could release two singles at once. Madagascar and and then a harder sounding song. Disturbed released two singles with their last album. It's possible but anything is.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 12:24:24 AM »

Yea, Madagascar's too slow to be the lead single.? Better's totally going to be the first single.? It'd be awesome if they shot the video there, but I'd really rather if they shot it at my house.

I really like the bluegrass cover of Madagascar that the Mother Goose Pickers do.? They're easily the best Pitman bluegrass tribute band out there today.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 12:26:21 AM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 12:25:01 AM »

Well they did release You Could Be Mine and Don't Cry as singles at the same time in '91, so I guess anything is possible. If they were going to go that route, then I'd say Better has to be released at the same time as Madagascar.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 12:28:59 AM »

Madagascar and TWAT are, in my opinion, both better songs than ''Better'' and ''Chinese Democracy''. But I also think that the FIRST single must be a rocker like them. Madagascar MUST have a video, it could be huge, epic. It's a masterpiece. But it should not be the first single, same for TWAT.

If I were Axl, I would make videos (in this order) for 1) Better, 2) Madagascar, 3) TWAT, 4) CD

Anyway... why Southafrica if it can be made in Madagascar itself?  Huh

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 12:29:36 AM »

They could release two singles at once. Madagascar and and then a harder sounding song. Disturbed released two singles with their last album. It's possible but anything is.

i agree have a single to win over the Female base like madagascar or the blues, and have a single to win over the Male base like Better or IRS hihi

i think they should release Rhiad and the beduins as a single, i think thats a pretty cool hard song you can bang your head too ya know headbanger

....They're easily the best Pitman bluegrass tribute band out there today.

how many can there be Huh Roll Eyes

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 12:32:19 AM »

Madagascar and TWAT are, in my opinion, both better songs than ''Better'' and ''Chinese Democracy''. But I also think that the FIRST single must be a rocker like them. Madagascar MUST have a video, it could be huge, epic. It's a masterpiece. But it should not be the first single, same for TWAT.

If I were Axl, I would make videos (in this order) for 1) Better, 2) Madagascar, 3) TWAT, 4) CD

Anyway... why Southafrica if it can be made in Madagascar itself?? Huh

i've also thought that

and TWAT should definatly be a single its to good a song for it not to be. i'm thinkin maybe the 3rd or 4th single beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 12:51:12 AM »

sounds like a great idea..but we all know its not going to happen.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 02:22:34 AM »

Anyway... why Southafrica if it can be made in Madagascar itself?  Huh

ever been to Madagascar?

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 02:24:31 AM »

If Madagascar is to be the second single I see it as very possible. Especially considering that the SA promoter seem to have been given an exclusive deal with GN'R.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 02:29:10 AM »

i happen to know from serious sources that the first video will be shot on Mars.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 03:08:04 AM »

I don't think TWAT would make it as a "hit" single.  Sure it would sell a fair amount of copies, but songs like Better, Madagascar, and whatever else CD has to offer will beat TWAT out of the race for the single selection.  Madagascar is a GREAT song, they should use clips from the concert footage playing behind the song added with new clips!!
robd788
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 08:05:20 AM »

Well they did release You Could Be Mine and Don't Cry as singles at the same time in '91, so I guess anything is possible. If they were going to go that route, then I'd say Better has to be released at the same time as Madagascar.

They were both released before UY, but not at the same time.  You could be mine came out around May/June (if I remember) and dont cry came out a couple of weeks before the albums in september.

Hopefully they wont release 2 singles before cd comes out!!
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 08:22:23 AM »

I know that this is speculation, but in a discussion at www.rosesofvelvet.com, elmir brought up that it's possible that GNR could be looking to shoot a video in South Africa.? Here's what was said:

I am willing to take a bet with you that the first video will be filmed while they're here...its no rocket science....U2, Robbie williams and a host of other artists and US film production companies are using sa as a location and crew source nowdays....really wouldn't surprise me...not at all...

That got me thinking that this would be a prime location to shoot a video for Madagascar.? I don't know if it was brought up before, but I think that it kind of makes sense.? I know that to us diehards, it's an old song, but I think that being in South Africa, the band has a wonderful opportunity to do something great with it and reintroduce the world to Guns N' Roses.
1. The title of the song is Madagascar, which is part of Africa.
2. The song features quotes from Nelson Mandela, the former Prime Minister of South Africa.
3. The theme of the song could be emphasized using images and clips from the nation, which has been a site of conflict in the past.

Maybe they're looking to get clips in South Africa to use in the video.? Maybe they're looking to get some footage of Axl and the band with Nelson Mandela.? Either way, I find it interesting that they're heading to South Africa with the intention of kicking off a Chinese Democracy 2007 tour, while they have a song that is closely tied to the area.

just so you know, there are NO quotes from Mandela in the song, NOTHING

Behold, the evil that men do...
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 08:23:54 AM »

Well, I like Backslash's idea here.  I guess it all depends on how long the guys will be in southern Africa.  If they've got about 2 weeks, yeah, I'll buy it, but if they're just there for the shows, I think they'll likely just have some more concert footage. 

I love the intensity of this song.  It was the first new song I heard after Oh My God from the band.  Madagascar from Rio was the song that brought me in, or should I say, "lured me in."
 Wink  The heartfelt intro in Axl's own words in Rio really hit me. 

Honestly, when it comes to order of videos released, if any, I could care less.  Yeah, for mass appeal, a rocker like Better or CD itself would be great, followed by The Blues or Maddy...but we haven't even heard half the songs so talk about order is crazy.   peace

PS: he may have confused MLK for Nelson Mandela...similar non-violent protest angles used successfully to further the cause of equality.  Quality human beings.  beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 08:25:27 AM »

i happen to know from serious sources that the first video will be shot on Mars.
why yes!!
The red planet!
How could we not have seen it?!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: