Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:16:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Frank at Fasion gig?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank at Fasion gig?  (Read 4619 times)
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 08:59:35 PM »

I am happy that Brain isn't the typical rock star parent. He understands that making a connection with his child early on in life and having a good family is more important than living it up 24-7. 
acciu
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 10:59:20 AM »

I am happy that Brain isn't the typical rock star parent. He understands that making a connection with his child early on in life and having a good family is more important than living it up 24-7. 

HMmm .. HellHole
u're happy ... i'm not happy.
First : Brain leaved the band in the middle of the European Tour to stay close to his family.... well he could have     missed that but i would say he's not to blame for this ....

Second : His replacement, Frank , was still there during  the second leg of the tour ... many months after the birth of his baby....

One question is more than legit : since u'r not the only drummer on the earth adn you'r not a great name in the band .... axl could start thinkin' the entire project can go on without you .. even if you recorded a lot of stuff with the band and even if FrankwhatTheFucckIsThisDrummer is a perfect unknown....

Now the point is : Do we Want a Record where where a drummer is a musician that's never been a part of the band?
I don't think so .. Brain shold be back ... but i Feel somethin' is wrong..
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 11:06:04 AM »

I personally do not think Brain will return.

I'm just curious to hear the explanation.

Maybe he's more interested in being a father and husband these days. I'd respect that.

I don't think Frank should replace him though.

/bringbackadler
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 11:14:56 AM by bringbackadler » Logged

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
acciu
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 11:20:37 AM »

Yeah .... I totally agree with u ...
Steven was waaaaaaaaaaay the best drummer guns had.

As Izzy himself said after the departure of steven somerthin' was missin' in the sound of the band.

But i do know that without a complete reunion (and i mean all the 5 original members ) Stevie return is 100% impossible
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 02:49:38 PM »

He'll rock out with GNR on 2007- that's what he said.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »

Sorry for startin a new thread about the fasion show but the other one was locked.

But I thought by the Fasion gig Brain would have been back. Has anyone heard anything bout Brain latley?

peace

Brain is good and will return this year
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 03:37:51 PM »

Sorry for startin a new thread about the fasion show but the other one was locked.

But I thought by the Fasion gig Brain would have been back. Has anyone heard anything bout Brain latley?

peace

Good news. I don't know if Frank is the better drummer cos I've only seen Brain play live but I think if Brain is returning, one might infer that the ball is now rolling and that people are getting on board, rather than getting off.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 11:14:20 AM »

A couple of items from the event.

Elton and Axl performed, but the Guns 'n Roses set almost didn't happen because guitarist Ron Thal was being kept out by the fire marshals.

He pulled the "I'm in the band!" card, but no such luck for Courtney Love, who couldn't buy or scream her way past security into the VIP section. The buzz is that she did more than just leave Donatella's letter of admission at home.

http://www.dailynews.com/spywitness/ci_5234103

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., Feb. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- The one-of-a-kind Versace Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Roadster took center stage among a star-studded charity auction event in Beverly Hills. Celebrity actress Sharon Stone, using her feminine mystique, heated up the bidding process on the super car to surpass half a million dollars and charmed the winning bidder, Vik Keuylian of Lamborghini Orange County, on stage in front of 600 VIP guests. Keuylian walked away with Stone's lipstick imprint on his face -- a token of her appreciation for his generous donation. Proceeds from the auction benefited Elton John's AIDS Foundation.

In addition to celebrity hosts Donatella Versace, Elton John, and Sharon Stone, others who actively supported the cause were Guns N' Roses, Prince, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Eva Longoria, Naomi Campbell, Tyra Banks, Mischa Barton, Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher, Cindy Crawford, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Drew Barrymore, Brooke Shields and Christina Ricci.

Complete article: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070216/nyfnsz03.html?.v=3

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 01:31:48 PM »

ta Funky

Thanks for clarifying as always.

Brain himself said so but strangely a few people were still assuming themselves to be personnel managers for the band.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2007, 01:12:07 PM »

peace

now this makes me happy!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2007, 03:18:57 PM »

thats GREAT news!

peace

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 04:52:24 PM »

for those that have been around the "new" band for the past 8 years or so, there is no question that brain is a superior drummer. he has been there since the beginning and all the starts and stops. i appreciate frank filling in, but i really hope brain comes back. the guy is an ace.

ace my ass.....cant get Nightrain right after all this years...listen to Axl telling him..."2 more times" on the intro..not to mention the shitty drumming to november rain...and patience...

Live N' Let Die
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2007, 05:12:30 PM »

In all honesty, how important is it? One way or another, I'll live. I'll go for whatever drummer can play in triple meter.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Christian
VIP

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2007, 06:11:58 PM »

for those that have been around the "new" band for the past 8 years or so, there is no question that brain is a superior drummer. he has been there since the beginning and all the starts and stops. i appreciate frank filling in, but i really hope brain comes back. the guy is an ace.

ace my ass.....cant get Nightrain right after all this years...listen to Axl telling him..."2 more times" on the intro..not to mention the shitty drumming to november rain...and patience...

yeah man, he said 2 more times JUST TO BRAIN.. cause brain is retarded and Axl says what he may or not do drumming.
And yeah, Patience hassssssssssssssss a very complicated drums.. it's almost impossible to a normal man play Patience 91' 92' 93' drums.. so hard to do.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: