Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:38:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R announce Tour details!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R announce Tour details!!!!!  (Read 31014 times)
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2007, 05:45:01 PM »

we want GNR back in europe to promote ChiDem...

No promo = no sells

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2007, 05:46:24 PM »

Man, these news are phenomenal. ok

Although, man, did the mid-United States get fucked over...

Excuse me... you guys have had how many GN'R shows over the years??

The last time we saw GN'R in Australia was 14 years ago, back in 1993. I think you guys have had your fair share.
It's our turn now! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2007, 05:46:42 PM »

Great news for the long suffering fans in those markets... not sure it's the best of news for the album release... the cynic in me thinks that those markets represent the last possible places for GN'R to tour not in support of an album but rather on the "novelty" of it all... kind of like they have in NA and Europe. Maybe this one of those final neccessary steps that they feel like they have to go through before releasing CD...

Kind of like Axl has a few remaining corners of the world where he wants to prove that the new band can "play the fuck out of the old songs." Set lists will be interesting to say the least.

Not trying to rain on those fans' parade though. I'm sure you guys are psyched! Enjoy! beer

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »

I want to warn all of you people

GNR might be playing the same set they played in europe and US, meaning no big new songs, so please DO NOT WHINE

these countries havent seen the band yet, NO WHINING !!! Wink

Highly likely. Remember that probably 90% of people attending these shows have never seen a GN'R concert so they'll want to hear the classics rather than the new songs. An album could change that though  ok
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2007, 05:47:50 PM »

10. Have you got any plans to jam with Axl and the boys anytime soon??

"We are gonna Rock out in '07"

honestly there's something funny about that exact answer. think about it. put yourself in his shoes. wouldn't you have said 'yes, we're gonna rock out in '07'

seems like it should be preceded by a yes or hell yeah. but that's just part of what gives my the funny feeling he won't be back and probably means nothing.

thanks for the quote.

Really??? rofl

Seems pretty cut and dry to me!

well if you think about it it's as simple as not answering a yes or no question with a yes or no. not trying to argue or claim he's not coming back. it's just we ALL know that guns members choose words carefully and it just looks funny to see a yes or no question not answered with a yes or no. in fact if that were a witness on the witness stand the lawyer questioning or the judge would say, 'Anser the question yes or no.' maybe that's why i'm stuck on it cuz i know law very well. like i said probably means nothing though

Yeah thats probaly why... if he just answered yes or no to everything..It'd be boring!! ?If he said "we'll see", then yeah... If he was out at that point i'm sure he would not have even done the questions!
Donington2007
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2007, 05:50:04 PM »

honestly there's something funny about that exact answer. think about it. put yourself in his shoes. wouldn't you have said 'yes, we're gonna rock out in '07'

seems like it should be preceded by a yes or hell yeah. but that's just part of what gives my the funny feeling he won't be back and probably means nothing.

thanks for the quote.

Really??  rofl

well if you think about it it's as simple as not answering a yes or no question with a yes or no. not trying to argue or claim he's not coming back. it's just we ALL know that guns members choose words carefully and it just looks funny to see a yes or no question not answered with a yes or no. in fact if that were a witness on the witness stand the lawyer questioning or the judge would say, 'Anser the question yes or no.' maybe that's why i'm stuck on it cuz i know law very well. like i said probably means nothing though

Yeah thats probaly why... if he just answered yes or no to everything..It'd be boring!!  If he said "we'll see", then yeah... If he was out at that point i'm sure he would not have even done the questions!

again not arguing. but i said above i would expect something like, 'yeah, we're gonna rock out in 07' or 'hell yeah, were gona.....'

that's not just answering yes or no. but a yes or no is normally in an answer. that's the way i answer questions in conversation.

just feels funny. that's all.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2007, 05:52:41 PM »

I'm sure there will be a press release before the tour starts announcing the line-up- including the drummer. Until then speculation is useless. Brain is famous for being sarcastic and cryptic in his responses anyway. Don't put much stock in what he says one way or the other.

Anyway- as far as we know- they're both official members- so you could just as easily see either of them at any given show.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
Donington2007
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2007, 05:53:32 PM »

I'm sure there will be a press release before the tour starts announcing the line-up- including the drummer. Until then speculation is useless. Brain is famous for being sarcastic and cryptic in his responses anyway. Don't put much stock in what he says one way or the other.

Anyway- as far as we know- they're both official members- so you could just as easily see either of them at any given show.

i agree. i just have 'lawyer talk radar' and it went off the first time that quote was posted some time back.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2007, 05:55:09 PM »

I'll say it again... it may make more sense to most people to play the US or Europe when the album is released, but don't be surprised if they decide to play Hong Kong on release day.? Sort of like launching Chinese Democracy in China.

That'd be exactly what I'd do, personally.  Granted, I'm not Axl/a band member.
Donington2007
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2007, 05:56:50 PM »

I'll say it again... it may make more sense to most people to play the US or Europe when the album is released, but don't be surprised if they decide to play Hong Kong on release day.  Sort of like launching Chinese Democracy in China.

that would be cool as hell. i recall a while back that uyi was one of only a few legal rock albums in china so maybe the chinese goverbment is down gn'r
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2007, 05:58:47 PM »

thanks for the quote.

Really??  rofl

he said "We are gonna Rock out in '07". that?s as much of a yes as you could get Roll Eyes

talking about overanalysing and misinterpreting....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2007, 05:59:02 PM »

I'll say it again... it may make more sense to most people to play the US or Europe when the album is released, but don't be surprised if they decide to play Hong Kong on release day.? Sort of like launching Chinese Democracy in China.

that would be cool as hell. i recall a while back that uyi was one of only a few legal rock albums in china so maybe the chinese goverbment is down gn'r

In 2002 the first date of the tour was in Hong Kong. ?It really surprised me that they managed to play a song called Chinese Democracy on a tour called the Chinese Democracy Tour in China. rofl
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2007, 05:59:42 PM »

Looks like the waiting is almost over.......they AIN'T gonna go though ANOTHER tour without the support of an album......these shows coming up are gonna be fuckin' nuts....excellent crowds for a GNR concert....

Say's you.....the last 2 times they went on tour 2002/2006 there was no album.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2007, 06:01:34 PM »

Why hasn't this been posted on the GN'R website?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Donington2007
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2007, 06:02:08 PM »

he said "We are gonna Rock out in '07". that?s as much of a yes as you could get Roll Eyes

talking about overanalysing and misinterpreting....

okay. thats fine. i made the couple of points about my oppinion starting with Page 4 so it's all good.  ok
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 06:05:04 PM by Donington2007 » Logged
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2007, 06:02:31 PM »

and when will they announce a new album lol.... Roll Eyes

html sucks
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2007, 06:03:34 PM »

I'll say it again... it may make more sense to most people to play the US or Europe when the album is released, but don't be surprised if they decide to play Hong Kong on release day.  Sort of like launching Chinese Democracy in China.

Could be. But that would be ballsy. Pissing off Chinese authorities is not something to be done for the sake of promotion. And if the album title at the end of the day really isn't a political commentary on China- but rather a metaphor for goings on in the band and Axl's life over the last 12 years (etc. as many of us suspect)- Axl would catch shit from the media for a cheap "promotion" gimmick like that. People die for shit like that.

Anyway, I like Latin America/South America as a good place to be touring when the album hits. They draw rabid fans in that market- and it's potentially double the exposure in the US (US media will be covering it for sure) with all spanish speaking media outlets in the US.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2007, 06:06:45 PM »

Could be. But that would be ballsy. Pissing off Chinese authorities is not something to be done for the sake of promotion. And if the album title at the end of the day really isn't a political commentary on China- but rather a metaphor for goings on in the band and Axl's life over the last 12 years (etc. as many of us suspect)- Axl would catch shit from the media for a cheap "promotion" gimmick like that. People die for shit like that.

They did it in 2002, and everyone's still alive.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2007, 06:07:19 PM »

anyone think we could wake up tommrow morning and have a nice press release on gnr.com displyaing the tour and final release date  smoking

we can always hope

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2007, 06:07:59 PM »

anyone think we could wake up tommrow morning and have a nice press release on gnr.com displyaing the tour and final release date? smoking

we can always hope

I've been checking every morning since Axl's letter. rofl
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: