Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:06:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R announce Tour details!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R announce Tour details!!!!!  (Read 30790 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2007, 04:16:00 PM »

Is this source reputable?? You would think this would be up on gunsnroses.com....but then again. Grin

Good news if true.

LOL gnr.com, is usually the last place we hear about these things? hihi

Like I said in another thread, I don't think we'll get offical word from gunsnroses.com until they announce both the tour and the album release date, most likely to be done in one release...
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2007, 04:19:45 PM »

awesome.

enough said.

(better get saving some money up lol)

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
Mahler_22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »

Damn! ?this would be my first GNR experience!!! ?friggin awesome!! ?Grin

i hope to film the mexico show... hopefully if the play at least 2 times, i'll do my best to try to film. I'll have to ask some filmers themselves on tips and stuff,, but first lets hope this is confirmed. ? Cool
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2007, 04:24:40 PM »

I'm hoping a return to the states is also in the works for sometime in 2007.? ?yes

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Donington2007
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2007, 04:27:52 PM »

Why cant they release it in early or mid April? Huh

well according to the htgth history tiimeline,

August 31st, 1991 - After shows in Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Germany (the show in Oslo, Norway was cancelled) GN'R plays a show at Wembley Stadium in London, England.

November 7th, 1991 - Izzy Stradlin leaves GN'R. His replacement is Gilby Clarke (born August 17, 1962). Gilby, formerly of the band Kill For Thrills, had been playing the same clubs as GN'R.

December 5th, 1991 - The first show of the second US leg of the tour in Worcester, MA. with Soundgarden opening

there were no shows after uyi release until 2 an a half months later but that could'a been just Izzy leaving politics so who knows. they could release during the middle of any leg really. my guess is the labum will come out before April 27th acording to that being the first announced show in SA unless other shows are end up anounced and scheduled before April 27

and the post title is a bit misleading considering there's nothing at gunsnroses.com or their myspace.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 04:29:55 PM by Donington2007 » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2007, 04:30:32 PM »

What's something that happened  15 years ago in a completely seperate set of circumstances got to do with what's going on now?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2007, 04:30:54 PM »

Coming from a website promoting the festival means that they received that from GN'R. ?As far as I understand, whenever a band's biography is put on a site promoting a festival the band are playing, it either comes from the band's PR people or is given the go-ahead by them.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2007, 04:31:43 PM »

What's something that happened? 15 years ago in a completely seperate set of circumstances got to do with what's going on now?

I believe he was making the point that it's not unprecedented for a band to not play any shows in the US or Europe at the time of an album release.
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2007, 04:33:01 PM »

Is this source reputable?? You would think this would be up on gunsnroses.com....but then again. Grin

Good news if true.

LOL gnr.com, is usually the last place we hear about these things? hihi

Like I said in another thread, I don't think we'll get offical word from gunsnroses.com until they announce both the tour and the album release date, most likely to be done in one release...

I think the same ?Grin Everything is falling into place for a double announce. It actually looks like gnr have a plan!!!!!!!!!!!! (that they plan to stick to). Just hope the annoucement is soon. ?yes

"to live with fortune and fame"
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2007, 05:01:37 PM »

Man, these news are phenomenal. ok

Although, man, did the mid-United States get fucked over...

All things set aside, it's great that GN"R is performing in these foreign lands and ascending to the multinational level, in terms of international merit, that the band once had.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2007, 05:02:14 PM »

Why cant they release it in early or mid April? Huh

well according to the htgth history tiimeline,

August 31st, 1991 - After shows in Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Germany (the show in Oslo, Norway was cancelled) GN'R plays a show at Wembley Stadium in London, England.

November 7th, 1991 - Izzy Stradlin leaves GN'R. His replacement is Gilby Clarke (born August 17, 1962). Gilby, formerly of the band Kill For Thrills, had been playing the same clubs as GN'R.

December 5th, 1991 - The first show of the second US leg of the tour in Worcester, MA. with Soundgarden opening

there were no shows after uyi release until 2 an a half months later but that could'a been just Izzy leaving politics so who knows. they could release during the middle of any leg really. my guess is the labum will come out before April 27th acording to that being the first announced show in SA unless other shows are end up anounced and scheduled before April 27

and the post title is a bit misleading considering there's nothing at gunsnroses.com or their myspace.

That was when GNR was the biggest thing around... Now they HAVE to tour in key markets in 2007... Just for a fighting chance... NA or Eroupe... They'd better anyway!
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2007, 05:04:36 PM »

didnt Axl say in his open letter that the first thing we'd hear would be an update regarding the album?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Donington2007
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2007, 05:06:55 PM »

What's something that happened  15 years ago in a completely seperate set of circumstances got to do with what's going on now?

well people were whining about the album not coming out on any certain time scale because of these new circumstances so i was just looking back to see if theres any rhyme or reason how an album might be released around the scheduling of a tour. there appears to be none because the lack of touring around uyi might have been because of Izzy.

that should answer your question.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2007, 05:10:41 PM »

didnt Axl say in his open letter that the first thing we'd hear would be an update regarding the album?

Nothing's been put on the official site yet... a PR person sending someone something to put on a site doesn't mean they've abandoned that promise.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2007, 05:13:20 PM »

Ya know... I asked the same thing in a different thread.. And the response was 'he meant in a press release..'
But I believe we should have heard something about the release date first.. Although if we hear tour dates and a release date from axl at the same time, assuming its soon, i'll be fine with that!
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2007, 05:15:32 PM »

Nothing's been put on the official site yet... a PR person sending someone something to put on a site doesn't mean they've abandoned that promise.

I think that promise was abandoned way before that new ad was placed.   Lips Sealed

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2007, 05:15:52 PM »

If they do a UK festival I reckon it would be reading, but would rather they did the ?Isle of Wight ?:smoking:instead.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2007, 05:16:34 PM »

Cool news for Guns fans on the other side of the globe!   ok

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2007, 05:16:44 PM »

they announced the first festival performances in europe on february 20th last year....

i doubt they`ll play the festivals again, but i`d be more than happy to see them again at rock am ring, as i`m going anyways... it`s definitely possible. korn and stone sour are playing the second time in a row as well...

a gnr only show in germany wouldn`t be too bad as well hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Donington2007
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2007, 05:18:50 PM »

they announced the first festival performances in europe on february 20th last year....

cool info. thanx.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: