Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:21:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  News(?) at Mark Strigl's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: News(?) at Mark Strigl's blog  (Read 17655 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2007, 12:57:22 PM »

Well, frankly, I don't really enjoy his music all that much. I'll listen to it, but it's not something to go crazy over. That's why I pointed out his other qualities, (and not just MySpace) which include having to be nearly dragged away from fans at the end of gigs.

so you are saying you would like him play just because he has other qualities?
you are not dating him, he doesnt need to have other qualites... he only HAS TO play the guitar so that it appeals to you...
anything else is a bonus, or a distraction, and unnecessary in the long run.

his composing and writing abilities is all that should be judged.
not his live performance, not his image...

in 15 years, when there's no more tours, no more albums... do you actually believe anyone would care if he answers myspace?
his music on the album will be all people would remember.
that's only thing that should be judged.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 12:59:01 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2007, 12:58:05 PM »

Sounds like good news to me !! I say the album won't come out March 6 but between March 20- May 1.? I think we will probaly get the music video Better in about 3 weeks or even sooner im aiming at a April Release.

I've said it in other threads.....April 17th.

That's the day.

I can sense it.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2007, 12:58:24 PM »

I DON'T? see any reason for buckethead parts on cd.
He was in band and he use name gunsnroses for selfadvertising

Ron is good guy and good guitarist,and ron is in gunsnroses and he ndeserves to have his influence on cd.

You don't see any reason? TWAT is not a reason?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2007, 01:08:55 PM »

that's good to hear.. as many have already said Ron is a guitargod I fuckin love him.. at first when I heard that he is on the band I googled him and saw him with the weird guitar and listened to his weird solos I thought like "damn.. another freak after buckethead (don't get me wrong he is a great player too but I don't like this whole kfc thing, and he is too much about technics and not just about rockin IMO) but as the tour went on I realized that Ron fuckin Thal is mr. awesomeness cos he is about technics AND about kickin your asses  ok  drool

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2007, 01:18:34 PM »

There is no way anyone could bash BH`s playing the guy is great.

? What I do find hard to believe is people saying that BF can`t play he`s parts. I think that`s bullshit, they are players in the same league.

? ? ?Of course not everyone can play everyones parts I doubt Finck or Slash for that matter could play BH`s parts and they don`t have to they are different players with their own style out to do their thing. I for one love Robins solo in Twat. Soulful, it send shivers up my spine, BH parts are just jaw dropping but they compliment eachother well.

? ? I doubt there are many things BF cant`t play, that is just stupid, it`s a question of sitting down and learning it and getting it down note for note and with his chops that is possible. But I doubt he would want to do that, he should want to do his own thing. Being a kick ass guitar player is not about playing other peoples parts per say. If you listen to the podcast BF says when he was 12 he learned erruption. Man I remember growing up this new kid came to school with a guitar, we were 16 and thought we were so cool. He walked in and let erruption rip and I almost fell to the floor it was the coolest thing I saw, this was back in 85`. BF says he learned it then opened the cassette and turned the wheels around and learned it BACKWARDS!!!!!! I know erruption ain`t the shit today. But then it was and BH and BF kick ol` Eddie`s ass today.

back to the point BF can play whatever the fuck he wants...and it will be awsome ? ?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 01:21:53 PM by chriskon72 » Logged

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2007, 01:25:31 PM »

Half empty? Of course its half empty when you're a fan of buckethead and you were waiting 7 years to hear his contributions to the music. And it's different when you have HEARD the solos and know that there is music he was on, but its been replaced by someone else. Good lord...

I'm disappointed that he's not on it and there is no magic switch you can flip that will change that. Anyway, we don't know if he is or isn't on the album, but I'm sure it'll sound fantastic either way. smoking

Thats ok, keep your twat and better demos and replace them on your pc when you get the album. still not sure bout recognising guitarists tho. someone will ahve to teach me 1 day.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Saboteur
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2007, 01:26:13 PM »

What I do find hard to believe is people saying that BF can`t play he`s parts. I think that`s bullshit, they are players in the same league.

Of course not everyone can play everyones parts I doubt Finck or Slash for that matter could play BH`s parts and they don`t have to they are different players with their own style out to do their thing. I for one love Robins solo in Twat. Soulful, it send shivers up my spine, BH parts are just jaw dropping but they compliment eachother well.

I doubt there are many things BF cant`t play, that is just stupid, it`s a question of sitting down and learning it and getting it down note for note and with his chops that is possible. But I doubt he would want to do that, he should want to do his own thing. Being a kick ass guitar player is not about playing other peoples parts per say. If you listen to the podcast BF says when he was 12 he learned erruption. Man I remember growing up this new kid came to school with a guitar, we were 16 and thought we were so cool. He walked in and let erruption rip and I almost fell to the floor it was the coolest thing I saw, this was back in 85`. BF says he learned it then opened the cassette and turned the wheels around and learned it BACKWARDS!!!!!! I know erruption ain`t the shit today. But then it was and BH and BF kick ol` Eddie`s ass today.

back to the point BF can play whatever the fuck he wants...and it will be awsome     

You are wrong. He can't.
DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »

What I do find hard to believe is people saying that BF can`t play he`s parts. I think that`s bullshit, they are players in the same league.

Of course not everyone can play everyones parts I doubt Finck or Slash for that matter could play BH`s parts and they don`t have to they are different players with their own style out to do their thing. I for one love Robins solo in Twat. Soulful, it send shivers up my spine, BH parts are just jaw dropping but they compliment eachother well.

I doubt there are many things BF cant`t play, that is just stupid, it`s a question of sitting down and learning it and getting it down note for note and with his chops that is possible. But I doubt he would want to do that, he should want to do his own thing. Being a kick ass guitar player is not about playing other peoples parts per say. If you listen to the podcast BF says when he was 12 he learned erruption. Man I remember growing up this new kid came to school with a guitar, we were 16 and thought we were so cool. He walked in and let erruption rip and I almost fell to the floor it was the coolest thing I saw, this was back in 85`. BF says he learned it then opened the cassette and turned the wheels around and learned it BACKWARDS!!!!!! I know erruption ain`t the shit today. But then it was and BH and BF kick ol` Eddie`s ass today.

back to the point BF can play whatever the fuck he wants...and it will be awsome     

You are wrong. He can't.

what a constructive post, you have added a lot to the discussion, and the board thanks you for your undying support and "out of the box" thinking.  kudos

i guess we'll just have to wait and see whether his stuff on the album works won't we.  I think BF will be up to the task of writing new solos or playing BH's old ones if need be, on tour his stuff can sound a bit out of place but the guy can definitely play.

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2007, 01:45:17 PM »

You are wrong. He can't.

Go away and come back when you've grown up.
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2007, 03:15:41 PM »

Bumblefoot will add alot to the Cd , but replacing Bucket's solos could be catastrophic !   crying

Thanks for clearing up the Tobias/ Huge thing. I was wondering why I never really knew who Huge was. I've only known Tobias as Tobias, had no idea that's who they were also calling Huge.  hihi

Tobias rocks, but I wouldn't be suprised if the only thing we hear him on in the future is Symphony and OMG.   yes

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2007, 06:10:05 PM »

i hope the band leaves the parts that sound  the best ( wheter it be bumblefoot bucket tobias may finck fortus lol alot of damn guitar players)  hihi

i must say im digging the new chinese democracy with bumble though

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
JeDr
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2007, 04:04:10 AM »

I'm sure BBF will be awesome on CD and I also think the band has every reason to add him to the album. Nobody around here knows if parts have been replaced and whata dditional work has been done on the album. Him buying a Les Pauls is good news for the proper GNR sound, so I am fully confident.
So far it looks like things are moving ahead, tour is planned and no news on any delays, only news about the band actually finishing up things, like Axl told in the letter. Think it's up to the record company now to decide on the actual release date and once they've decided, the band can make ut public.

There are 40 million sheep in New Zealand...and they're PISSED OFF!!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2007, 10:46:01 AM »

be rest assured , bucket wont feature on the album at all.

i heard the same.  hihi

what's up with that buckethead.tk in your sig? says account suspended. Do you live in this little .tk country?

Tokelau is a non-self-governing colonial territory of New Zealand that comprises a group of three tropical coral atolls in the South Pacific Ocean. The islands are occasionally referred to by Westerners by an older colonial name, The Union Islands. Until 1976, the official name was Tokelau Islands. The United Nations General Assembly includes Tokelau on the United Nations list of Non-Self-Governing Territories that have not completed the process of decolonization. According to the CIA list of countries by GDP (PPP) it has the smallest economy of any country in the world.

No , I dont live in that little country ... I own it.

As for the .tk thing being down , it's server issues. Just use the "proboards" link in my sig to access bh.tk.

On topic , Bumbles a great guy , great player .. I'm sure his parts will be nice. I'll miss buckets parts on the songs that leaked I'm sure and I damn well wish there will be some way in the future to hear what he contributed to other songs on the album. Sadly though , it will have to be from leaks of older demo's because we wont be hearing him on the actual CD.

bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2007, 11:09:15 AM »

i heard the same.? hihi

what's up with that buckethead.tk in your sig? says account suspended. Do you live in this little .tk country?

Tokelau is a non-self-governing colonial territory of New Zealand that comprises a group of three tropical coral atolls in the South Pacific Ocean. The islands are occasionally referred to by Westerners by an older colonial name, The Union Islands. Until 1976, the official name was Tokelau Islands. The United Nations General Assembly includes Tokelau on the United Nations list of Non-Self-Governing Territories that have not completed the process of decolonization. According to the CIA list of countries by GDP (PPP) it has the smallest economy of any country in the world.

As for the .tk thing being down , it's server issues. Just use the "proboards" link in my sig to access bh.tk.

On topic , Bumbles a great guy , great player .. I'm sure his parts will be nice. I'll miss buckets parts on the songs that leaked I'm sure and I damn well wish there will be some way in the future to hear what he contributed to other songs on the album. Sadly though , it will have to be from leaks of older demo's because we wont be hearing him on the actual CD.

Don't take this wrong, but how do you know that? I believe it's likely true, just wondering how you know.   Huh

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2007, 12:18:16 PM »

Sounds like good news to me !! I say the album won't come out March 6 but between March 20- May 1.? I think we will probaly get the music video Better in about 3 weeks or even sooner im aiming at a April Release.

I've said it in other threads.....April 17th.

That's the day.

I can sense it.

My birthday.   ok
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2007, 12:25:22 PM »

i heard the same.? hihi

Don't take this wrong, but how do you know that? I believe it's likely true, just wondering how you know.? Huh?

I'd trust Saul on this one. Let's just say he is Jarmo to the Buckethead forum. Except he has a lot less cleaning up to do over at buckethead.tk.  hihi

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2007, 12:30:14 PM »

Personally I think Bumblefoot will add a bunch of great stuff to the record. Listen to his new fills in Chinese Democracy (The song) during the later shows of the tour... I think it adds tons to the songs.

Even Buckethead's TWAT solo could be replaced by a better one. I think Bumblefoot will do a great job

If Bucket was still with the band it would be different.. but now that he's out he should be off the record too.

gnrevolution.com
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2007, 12:46:36 PM »

Personally I think Bumblefoot will add a bunch of great stuff to the record. Listen to his new fills in Chinese Democracy (The song) during the later shows of the tour... I think it adds tons to the songs.

Even Buckethead's TWAT solo could be replaced by a better one. I think Bumblefoot will do a great job

If Bucket was still with the band it would be different.. but now that he's out he should be off the record too.

No, he should still be on the record regardless, re-listen to the T.W.A.T. demo and then say that. Izzy needs to be on the album too.? ?ok

bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2007, 12:52:29 PM »

Is there speculation that Saul is Buckethead ?    peace

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2007, 12:56:19 PM »

Is there speculation that Saul is Buckethead ?? ? peace

When people start to think Jarmo is Axl it will. Cool

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: