Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 02:45:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228132 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  News(?) at Mark Strigl's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: News(?) at Mark Strigl's blog  (Read 16134 times)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2007, 08:32:07 AM »

Perhaps up until a month ago Axl was still holding out hope for Buckethead to return and has finally given up on him and decided to replace his work. Or, Axl heard Ron rehearsing the new songs, was astounded, and decided to let him replace BH's parts because he brought something amazing to the new songs.

See, I can be positive hihi

And in all fairness we haven't heard Ron's studio solo on Better, IRS and TWAT, so they could still be mindblowing. I really, really doubt Axl would get rid of something brilliant just because Buckethead isn't in the band anymore.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 08:36:45 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2007, 08:33:19 AM »

I think he replaced Bucketheads part in IRS and Better... Ron played them so damn well at last gig (12/20)!? drool

Did he play them the same as bucket did?

Hmm, kind of it... He remained a bit BHish, but Ron added his style and it suits better than BH's work... He played awesome and he extended the BH solo in IRS till the end of the song... Just genious... ?drool

thanks. i like the guitar work on better ang twat especially, in the leaks. but i still have my doubts as to weather people can really tell who is playing what.

i doubt that ron cant play bh parts properly after watching many vids of ron, but then i must confess im no guitarist.?

Personally, yes, I am able to distinguish between guitarists. I never said that Ron couldn't play the songs. I am saying that he cannot play them the same as BH did. It's not to say that Ron can't play them well, but him and BH have easily distinguishable sounds. I really hope we see some of Bucket's solos on Democracy but I agree that unfortunately they are likely gone. ?IMO, that is not for the better.

The 'word' from inside sources is that he's still on the album, alongside Paul Huge.

YES !!! I hope your inside sources are accurate, polluxlm. ? ?yes ? ok

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2007, 08:33:48 AM »

I want Buckethead on the album.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2007, 08:34:22 AM »

I think he replaced Bucketheads part in IRS and Better... Ron played them so damn well at last gig (12/20)!? drool

Hmm, kind of it... He remained a bit BHish, but Ron added his style and it suits better than BH's work... He played awesome and he extended the BH solo in IRS till the end of the song... Just genious... ?drool

thanks. i like the guitar work on better ang twat especially, in the leaks. but i still have my doubts as to weather people can really tell who is playing what.

i doubt that ron cant play bh parts properly after watching many vids of ron, but then i must confess im no guitarist.?

Personally, yes, I am able to distinguish between guitarists. I never said that Ron couldn't play the songs. I am saying that he cannot play them the same as BH did. It's not to say that Ron can't play them well, but him and BH have easily distinguishable sounds. I really hope we see some of Bucket's solos on Democracy but I agree that unfortunately they are likely gone. ?IMO, that is not for the better.

The 'word' from inside sources is that he's still on the album, alongside Paul Huge.

Well, they're not mine hihi But I have a good feeling.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2007, 08:37:24 AM »

Well, they're not mine hihi But I have a good feeling.

Well, then here's to your good feeling !   ok   I really do think Bumble's great, so don't misunderstand, but I gotta hear Bucket on the studio cut of T.W.A.T.   yes

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2007, 08:40:40 AM »

I agree. I hope TWAT remains the same. I wouldn't really miss BH's IRS and Better solo's, cause I'm positive Ron could bring something killer to them, just, please, for the love of God and everything that is holy, let Bucketheads TWAT solo survive.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2007, 08:42:08 AM »

I agree. I hope TWAT remains the same. I wouldn't really miss BH's IRS and Better solo's, cause I'm positive Ron could bring something killer to them, just, please, for the love of God and everything that is holy, let Bucketheads TWAT solo survive.

I think having the Madagascar solo is more important (since we at least have a demo of TWAT). The stuff he did in Rio is simply too good to describe. I swear I felt my dick move when I first heard that one.

bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2007, 08:43:47 AM »

AMEN ! ? ? peace

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2007, 08:48:16 AM »

I swear I felt my dick move when I first heard that one.

That's what I call being moved by music hihi

Damn, I forgot all about Madagascar. It's hard to tell with his live solos though, because he always changed them, like Chinese Democracy, but its going to suck not knowing what his solos sounded like on the songs we haven't heard yet.... That is, if Ron 'has' re-recorded them.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 08:55:20 AM by misterID » Logged

bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2007, 08:48:34 AM »

I'd be happy with :

T.WA.T.
Madagascar
The Blues = Bucket

Better
I.R.S.
Prostitute = Bumble

Just thought I'd throw Prostitute in for good measure. But again, yes definitely, we NEED Bucket's T.W.A.T. solo !? ?peace

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2007, 08:57:51 AM »

even if BH dioesnt appear in the record
he will be in  the credits
he arranged and wrote a lot for the record..
BH influence will be there

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2007, 08:59:38 AM »

even if BH dioesnt appear in the record
he will be in? the credits
he arranged and wrote a lot for the record..
BH influence will be there

His influence isn't good enough. I also want his solos.   hihi

madagas
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2007, 09:06:55 AM »

I love Bucket. But, this recording process has been going on for so long,  I would prefer the band that is going to launch the record and tour be the one who plays on the album. Bucket will get his writing credits just like Huge or Axl's gardener, but the band who wants to be there should be on the final product. They need to present this thing cohesively and with solidarity. A "new" beginning so to say...erase everything prior to 2006. It just seemed so dysfunctional prior to 06. And, in the end, we already have Bucket's TWAT solo so no loss. peace
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2007, 09:24:21 AM »

Hope not. Nothing against the guy...well, nothing really, but Fortus seems to be a lot better.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2007, 09:35:35 AM »

Hope not. Nothing against the guy...well, nothing really, but Fortus seems to be a lot better.

Technically it may be, but that doesn't change the fact that Paul did some very cool stuff on the leaks. Maybe Fortus can outshine him, but I won't speculate on that until I hear him on a studio track.

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2007, 09:40:25 AM »

Technically it may be, but that doesn't change the fact that Paul did some very cool stuff on the leaks. Maybe Fortus can outshine him, but I won't speculate on that until I hear him on a studio track.

Yeah your probably right, we don't really have any idea of Paul Huge's writing capabilities etc...but he did do a pretty good job of Since I Don't Have You.
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2007, 09:42:20 AM »

What year did Huge depart and Fortus enter ?

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2007, 09:43:25 AM »

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2007, 09:48:21 AM »

Yeah your probably right, we don't really have any idea of Paul Huge's writing capabilities etc...but he did do a pretty good job of Since I Don't Have You.

Erm...he had nothing to do with the writing of since i dont have you.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2007, 09:49:04 AM »

Oh ok. I thought Huge left late 90's, but I think I was thinking Tobias.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: