Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:15:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  News(?) at Mark Strigl's blog
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: News(?) at Mark Strigl's blog  (Read 16053 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2007, 11:20:35 AM »

Paul Huge and Paul Tobias are the same person.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2007, 11:23:41 AM »

Paul Huge and Paul Tobias are the same person.

Indee Paul Huge Tobias. ok

hihi

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2007, 11:32:43 AM »

Oh ok. I thought Huge left late 90's, but I think I was thinking Tobias.

Loder: Who are the musicians who have re-recorded "Appetite?"
Rose: Josh Freese on drums, Tommy Stinson on bass, Paul Tobias on guitar -- you guys know him as Paul Huge

same person dude ok hihi
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2007, 11:34:31 AM »

Hope not. Nothing against the guy...well, nothing really, but Fortus seems to be a lot better.

Technically it may be, but that doesn't change the fact that Paul did some very cool stuff on the leaks. Maybe Fortus can outshine him, but I won't speculate on that until I hear him on a studio track.

Yeah your probably right, we don't really have any idea of Paul Huge's writing capabilities etc...but he did do a pretty good job of Since I Don't Have You.

Erm...he had nothing to do with the writing of since i dont have you.

Correct, but he re-recorded Slash's bits and no-one even noticed.
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2007, 11:39:37 AM »

Bot bumble and bucket are amongst the worlds best guitarplayers, so anyway whos on the album I am sure it will be amazing.
I saw a list of the best 10 guitar virtuos in a guitar mag a while back, Ron was nr 1 and Bucket nr 4 I think.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 11:41:20 AM by odd1 » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2007, 11:40:20 AM »

No, no he didn't.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2007, 11:45:05 AM »

he added stuff overtop of slash's solo in sympathy...if you listen close you can here to different guitarists

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2007, 11:45:32 AM »

No, no he didn't.
Hope not. Nothing against the guy...well, nothing really, but Fortus seems to be a lot better.

Technically it may be, but that doesn't change the fact that Paul did some very cool stuff on the leaks. Maybe Fortus can outshine him, but I won't speculate on that until I hear him on a studio track.

Yeah your probably right, we don't really have any idea of Paul Huge's writing capabilities etc...but he did do a pretty good job of Since I Don't Have You.

Erm...he had nothing to do with the writing of since i dont have you.

Well...did he or didnt he? where are you getting this from CAFC...?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2007, 11:47:07 AM »

the only writing credit he has is Back Off Bitch i think and possibly Oh My God....we have to wait for liner notes to see what he contributed to CD peace

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2007, 11:49:45 AM »

a thread about bbf borrowing a les paul from mark strigl turns in to a thread about what paul tobais has done for gnr rofl
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 11:55:10 AM by CheapJon » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2007, 11:52:12 AM »

a thread about bbf borrowing a les paul from paul strigl turns in to a thread about what paul tobais has done for gnr rofl

haha yeah....anywya this is cool news....so some final guitar touchup work was done a month ago?! that is sweet news for sure...maybe the recording is finally finished and we just gotta pray negotions are going good with geffen/interscope/universal Undecided

gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2007, 12:00:19 PM »

be rest assured , bucket wont feature on the album at all.

This is what I believe now.

Recording and reversion to previous versions of bucket solos/riffs should be sufficient to strip buckethead off the album.

Yup, if Axl's going to replace some BH parts then he might as well strip them all. Let's hope BF is just replicating them and not re-doing them.

I agree with you because I guess Bucketheads parts sounds amazing, hes amazing but I think that BBF should do his own stuff because you can easy hear what bucket has written, hes got his own style so I think BBF should do hes own stuff, I bet it will be AWESOME!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2007, 12:02:35 PM »

Recording and reversion to previous versions of bucket solos/riffs should be sufficient to strip buckethead off the album.

Yup, if Axl's going to replace some BH parts then he might as well strip them all. Let's hope BF is just replicating them and not re-doing them.

I agree with you because I guess Bucketheads parts sounds amazing, hes amazing but I think that BBF should do his own stuff because you can easy hear what bucket has written, hes got his own style so I think BBF should do hes own stuff, I bet it will be AWESOME!

agreed...between these 2 guys we are really in a win-win situation both are amazing ok

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2007, 12:09:57 PM »

agreed...between these 2 guys we are really in a win-win situation both are amazing ok

Ron is amazing. Buckethead however....he's something else....something words can't describe. At least that's what I think. smoking

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2007, 12:13:56 PM »

^well we only know a few tunes that BH worked on....about half the album we've never heard before..so its not like we're missiong out on anything if BH's parts are gone on those tracks peace

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2007, 12:27:21 PM »

^well we only know a few tunes that BH worked on....about half the album we've never heard before..so its not like we're missiong out on anything if BH's parts are gone on those tracks peace

That depends on how you look at it. I know what BH is capable of, so I guess there will always be that 'what if' in the back of my head if he's erased. I don't want the release of this album to include such feelings.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2007, 12:28:27 PM »

That depends on how you look at it. I know what BH is capable of, so I guess there will always be that 'what if' in the back of my head if he's erased. I don't want the release of this album to include such feelings.

i dunno IMO you can't miss what you've never had peace

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2007, 12:47:14 PM »

there have been so many people involved with this album that you can always ask what if tho, if your glass is half empty.

waht if zak wild, dave navaro, brian may, steve vai, hell, even slash? and thats only the guitarits. ok ive mentioned some here who have only been very vaguley linked to CD, but you get my point.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2007, 12:49:43 PM »

I DON'T  see any reason for buckethead parts on cd.
He was in band and he use name gunsnroses for selfadvertising

Ron is good guy and good guitarist,and ron is in gunsnroses and he ndeserves to have his influence on cd.

I have never seen so many tree
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2007, 12:54:04 PM »

Half empty? Of course its half empty when you're a fan of buckethead and you were waiting 7 years to hear his contributions to the music. And it's different when you have HEARD the solos and know that there is music he was on, but its been replaced by someone else. Good lord...

I'm disappointed that he's not on it and there is no magic switch you can flip that will change that. Anyway, we don't know if he is or isn't on the album, but I'm sure it'll sound fantastic either way. smoking
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 12:56:12 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: