Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 02:42:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228132 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  News(?) at Mark Strigl's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: News(?) at Mark Strigl's blog  (Read 16132 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 10:13:40 PM »

cmon people...
stop praising bumblefoot only for his myspace effort.
the guy deserves to be acclaimed for his musical qualities as well. only because most of you never heard a song of his doesnt mean his music is not good, and that the biggest accomplishment in his life is the "reply" button.

Personally I liked bucketheads' music better, but Ron is a good musician, and all the "myspace" crap you people post is starting to aggravate me!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 11:41:05 PM »

But still, you gotta admit, it must be a shitload of work to do it all and risk being unable to play as good for it.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007, 11:46:26 PM »

I dont think he does it to be in GNR.
he does it for his goodness. I think he would prefer if we liked him (and praised him) for his music qualitiees (that he has), than because of his replies on myspace.
most people around are to shallow to notice how shallow their view/opinion is.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 12:06:23 AM »

Well, frankly, I don't really enjoy his music all that much. I'll listen to it, but it's not something to go crazy over. That's why I pointed out his other qualities, (and not just MySpace) which include having to be nearly dragged away from fans at the end of gigs.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Donington2007
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 01:04:43 AM »

be rest assured , bucket wont feature on the album at all.

i heard the same.  hihi

what's up with that buckethead.tk in your sig? says account suspended. Do you live in this little .tk country?

Tokelau is a non-self-governing colonial territory of New Zealand that comprises a group of three tropical coral atolls in the South Pacific Ocean. The islands are occasionally referred to by Westerners by an older colonial name, The Union Islands. Until 1976, the official name was Tokelau Islands. The United Nations General Assembly includes Tokelau on the United Nations list of Non-Self-Governing Territories that have not completed the process of decolonization. According to the CIA list of countries by GDP (PPP) it has the smallest economy of any country in the world.
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 04:49:55 AM »

I think he replaced Bucketheads part in IRS and Better... Ron played them so damn well at last gig (12/20)!  drool
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 04:52:35 AM »

We have no idea what these recordings involved. I have one idea, the fills he uses on CD. He may have touched on some of BHs work, but seeing how they played BHs parts all of last year I don't think replacing them is what he's been doing.

BH did alot of work, but I'm sure there are other songs that needed some guitar too. That's where I think BBF comes in.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 05:59:12 AM »

"To clarify, Bumblefoot did use my Les Paul in his final recording session for the next Guns N Roses album.

The guy must be so proud...I know I would be!

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 06:41:14 AM »

he will get something written about him in the liner notes after this Grin
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 06:43:56 AM »

this is great,ron deserve to be on album

great

I have never seen so many tree
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007, 07:50:56 AM »

Bumble rocks, but I still hope Bucket's work on the album remains...

The only way I'd want to see Bucket's work replaced would be if it were by Slash.    peace

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 08:00:54 AM »

I think he replaced Bucketheads part in IRS and Better... Ron played them so damn well at last gig (12/20)!? drool

Did he play them the same as bucket did?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2007, 08:10:35 AM »

I think he replaced Bucketheads part in IRS and Better... Ron played them so damn well at last gig (12/20)!? drool

He CAN'T play them the same as Bucket did.

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2007, 08:11:31 AM »

Hmm, kind of it... He remained a bit BHish, but Ron added his style and it suits better than BH's work... He played awesome and he extended the BH solo in IRS till the end of the song... Just genious... ?drool
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2007, 08:17:43 AM »

Hmm, kind of it... He remained a bit BHish, but Ron added his style and it suits better than BH's work... He played awesome and he extended the BH solo in IRS till the end of the song... Just genious... ?drool

thanks. i like the guitar work on better ang twat especially, in the leaks. but i still have my doubts as to weather people can really tell who is playing what.

i doubt that ron cant play bh parts properly after watching many vids of ron, but then i must confess im no guitarist. 

I would'nt do that if I were you.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2007, 08:21:45 AM »

thanks. i like the guitar work on better ang twat especially, in the leaks. but i still have my doubts as to weather people can really tell who is playing what.

i doubt that ron cant play bh parts properly after watching many vids of ron, but then i must confess im no guitarist.?

He could perhaps do it if he made an effort of it, but the usual case with replicating others work is that the difference in styles make it sound different anyway. He may do it note by note, but it would still not sound totally like BH.

And I strongly doubt that he has replicated any of BHs parts. What would be the point of that other than giving BBF playing credits. IMO he's supplied fills and stuff, not rerecorded BHs parts.

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2007, 08:22:10 AM »

I don't want to see buckets work disappear from CD, but I don't think Ron would be on the album if he didn't bring something really, really good to it.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
bringbackadler
Banned
VIP

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2007, 08:26:19 AM »

i doubt that ron cant play bh parts properly after watching many vids of ron, but then i must confess im no guitarist.?

Personally, yes, I am able to distinguish between guitarists. I never said that Ron couldn't play the songs. I am saying that he cannot play them the same as BH did. It's not to say that Ron can't play them well, but him and BH have easily distinguishable sounds. I really hope we see some of Bucket's solos on Democracy but I agree that unfortunately they are likely gone. ?IMO, that is not for the better.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2007, 08:29:44 AM »

I don't want to see buckets work disappear from CD, but I don't think Ron would be on the album if he didn't bring something really, really good to it.

My sentiments exactly. I think CD will include the best work of every player that has been involved.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2007, 08:30:32 AM »

Personally, yes, I am able to distinguish between guitarists. I never said that Ron couldn't play the songs. I am saying that he cannot play them the same as BH did. It's not to say that Ron can't play them well, but him and BH have easily distinguishable sounds. I really hope we see some of Bucket's solos on Democracy but I agree that unfortunately they are likely gone. ?IMO, that is not for the better.

The 'word' from inside sources is that he's still on the album, alongside Paul Huge.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: