Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 01:29:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rodeo Drive's Walk of Style show (Feb 8th)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rodeo Drive's Walk of Style show (Feb 8th)  (Read 73303 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #280 on: February 09, 2007, 02:33:24 PM »

www.gunsnroses.com is updated with new article from yesterdays show..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #281 on: February 09, 2007, 02:33:42 PM »

I dont really care either way, but i thought i would point some things out. Ive spoken to some of the band members before and have shared what i was told, because in my opinion they wouldnt tell anything that was sensative, top secret to a complete randomer, who was quite obviously a fan they had just met at a party.

He was talking to you, the admin of a Guns n Roses website, if he didnt want the info out there then he wouldnt have said it to you. He knew who you were, he knew what you do.... your website, the purpose of your website, he knew what he was getting into when he said the things he said to you! You yourself admit that you had to sneak into this thing so if im correct it doesnt seem like your going to be attending anything like this again, maybe never even run into Axl again, so basically you dont really have anything to loose. Hes not going to come after you, im sure he has more important things to do.

If your scared about anything you say getting miss quoted, misunderstood then put it in huge bold letters that "everything you read below is allegedly what took place, blada blada blada" or whatever. To be honest no official news sources are going to quote you, or even care. As far as they are concerened, if they do really care, the official date is still March the 6th.... everyone on here knows that that isnt going to happen. The press wont jump on it until it gets really close to the date, by that time, as Axl said we will have been informed by the man himself as to what is happening so your comments wont mean anything.

You have nothing to loose, but thats just my opinion.

Jonx

I still don't understand why everyone is jumping at him for sharing some information.   

If you want to respect someone's privacy, you say nothing. There is no middle ground here.

The reason everyone is jumping at him is because there is a history of people doing things like this (normally people related to other GN'R websites  hihi). I'm not judging, but I know alot of users here do not like being teased.

Exactly, there is no middle ground, i know for a fact there are people on this board, lots of people for that matter who have had conversations with band members including Axl and have never even mentioned it. There were alot of after parties, especially while they were in Europe last year, alot of people on here went but never said anything about the encounters/experiences they had, thats respecting privacy, not coming on here and being a c**k tease!

Jonx
danijel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #282 on: February 09, 2007, 02:34:53 PM »

There is something on www.gunsnroses.com about yesterdays show
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #283 on: February 09, 2007, 02:36:03 PM »

yeah the link doesnt work.
EFISH
« Reply #284 on: February 09, 2007, 02:36:51 PM »

^That always happens. The person running the site is very amateurish.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #285 on: February 09, 2007, 02:37:21 PM »

cool stuff....I'm assuming this was the first time you met Axl...?....the man who redefined Rock n' Roll...?...the Howard Hughes of rock..?

how did it feel?
was it everything you expected it to be?

are there things (when you think about it now) that you wish you would have said to him...?

thanks for the info again, but how the fuck did this encounter hit you?
that's what i want to know...

It was awsome! ?I was really happy that I got the chance to tell Axl how much his work has meant to me personally over the years. ?I'm in a creative arts field, myself. ?I would have never gotten into it had it not been for people like Axl Rose shaping my view of what cool should be when I was a kid.

I don't think Axl gets the chance to hear things like that very often. ?I hope he appreciated it.

Anyways, I only slept like four hours the night before. ?I hardly slept at all when I got back from meeting Axl. ?I was amazed by how the real guy can be so different from the public persona. ?Though he's clearly a bad ass motherfucker, he's also a very human, sensitive guy. ?

I really hope he finds some inner peace. ?Hopefully, Chinese Democracy's release can provide that for him.

Also, the guy can dance up a storm. ?And his girlfriend is one of the best lookin' ladies I've seen in a long, long time! ?

Get 'em Axl!!! ? beer

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
elmir
VIP

« Reply #286 on: February 09, 2007, 02:37:46 PM »

^That always happens. The person running the site is very amateurish.

or maybe he/she is busy working on it as we speak.....keep refreshing, it should come up soon.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #287 on: February 09, 2007, 02:40:04 PM »

It was awsome!  I was really happy that I got the chance to tell Axl how much his work has meant to me personally over the years.  I'm in a creative arts field, myself.  I would have never gotten into it had it not been for people like Axl Rose shaping my view of what cool should be when I was a kid.

I don't think Axl gets the chance to hear things like that very often.  I hope he appreciated it.

Anyways, I only slept like four hours the night before.  I hardly slept at all when I got back from meeting Axl.  I was amazed by how the real guy can be so different from the public persona.  Though he's clearly a bad ass motherfucker, he's also a very human, sensitive guy. 

I really hope he finds some inner peace.  Hopefully, Chinese Democracy's release can provide that for him.

Also, the guy can dance up a storm.  And his girlfriend is one of the best lookin' ladies I've seen in a long, long time! 

Get 'em Axl!!!   beer

nice.
he's coming down to my part of town in a few months, and i'm trying my hardest to be somewhere where i can say the same to him....

good for you mate, i'm sure its one of those memories you'll never forget.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
danijel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #288 on: February 09, 2007, 02:41:18 PM »

Guns N' Roses brought down the house at the Rodeo Drive's Walk of Style ceremony on Thursday night in Beverly Hills, Calif.

The event was a star-studded gala honoring Donatella and the late Gianni Versace. A wall-to-wall A-List, including Jennifer Lopez, Cindy Crawford, Ashton Kutcher, Sharon Stone, Quincy Jones, Naomi Campbell, Elton John (who also performed), Demi Moore, Prince, Elizabeth Hurley, Ingrid Sischy, Sebastian Bach, Mischa Barton, Franca Sozzani, Paris Hilton and many others attended the event.

Donatella Versace personally asked Axl Rose if GN'R would perform, and Axl obliged with a stripped-down version of GN'R featuring guitarists Richard Fortus and Ron "BumbleFoot" Thal, who played acoustics on "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" and "Sweet Child O'Mine" to close out the ceremony.

With full command of the stage, Axl moved and sang like only Axl can. Bassist Tommy Stinson was unable to attend because of a personal family issue so keyboardist Chris Pitman filled in admirably on bass. Lead guitarist Robin Finck, keyboard player Dizzy Reed and drummer Frank Ferrer all tore it up.

GN'R capped off a magical evening with a great performance that left the captivated audience enthralled and satisfied.

Immediately after their all-too-brief set, Axl and the boys went from the stage into the audience, dancing with their wives and girlfriends and mingling with fans as well as society's elite.

www.gunsnroses.com
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #289 on: February 09, 2007, 02:41:56 PM »

I got the site up... read the article.. very good info... most of which we have already found out....

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #290 on: February 09, 2007, 02:42:13 PM »

from gunsnroses.com

Feb. 09, 2007

GN'R rocks Rodeo Drive

Guns N' Roses brought down the house at the Rodeo Drive's Walk of Style ceremony on Thursday night in Beverly Hills, Calif.

The event was a star-studded gala honoring Donatella and the late Gianni Versace. A wall-to-wall A-List, including Jennifer Lopez, Cindy Crawford, Ashton Kutcher, Sharon Stone, Quincy Jones, Naomi Campbell, Elton John (who also performed), Demi Moore, Prince, Elizabeth Hurley, Ingrid Sischy, Sebastian Bach, Mischa Barton, Franca Sozzani, Paris Hilton and many others attended the event.

Donatella Versace personally asked Axl Rose if GN'R would perform, and Axl obliged with a stripped-down version of GN'R featuring guitarists Richard Fortus and Ron "BumbleFoot" Thal, who played acoustics on "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" and "Sweet Child O'Mine" to close out the ceremony.

With full command of the stage, Axl moved and sang like only Axl can. Bassist Tommy Stinson was unable to attend because of a personal family issue so keyboardist Chris Pitman filled in admirably on bass. Lead guitarist Robin Finck, keyboard player Dizzy Reed and drummer Frank Ferrer all tore it up.

GN'R capped off a magical evening with a great performance that left the captivated audience enthralled and satisfied.

Immediately after their all-too-brief set, Axl and the boys went from the stage into the audience, dancing with their wives and girlfriends and mingling with fans as well as society's elite.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #291 on: February 09, 2007, 02:45:01 PM »

I never expected to read the name "Paris Hilton" on a GNR page hihi

nice. an update...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #292 on: February 09, 2007, 02:45:54 PM »

Shit will everyone stop talking about other stuff and keep this on topic....I think its great Axl and the band minus Tommy went there to perform...Im not upset they didnt play a new song...Would love to see a video of this...Great to know there out there though....I just with they would announce things like this performance on there website before it takes place so the fans can know about it

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #293 on: February 09, 2007, 02:53:24 PM »

Tommy didn't leave the band.? He had a very personal, family reason for not going.? As much as Tommy can be a firebrand, he's clearly got a big heart and cares very much for his family.

Relax, he's still in the band.? Lucky thing for GnR, Mother Goose is a multi-instrumentalist who can fill in for everyone...

Except maybe Bumblefoot.

HIs daughters are extremly nice and very personable. The first time I met her, we talked for about half an hour.

Too bad I never got to meet Tommy.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
mongis
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #294 on: February 09, 2007, 02:54:23 PM »

chris on bass? awesome!

28.06.06 - Oslo, Norway
05.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
06.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
08.07.06 - Oslo, Norway
27.07.06 - Nottingham, England
29.07.06 - London, England
30.07.06 - London, England
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #295 on: February 09, 2007, 03:04:23 PM »

Relax, he's still in the band.? Lucky thing for GnR, Mother Goose is a multi-instrumentalist who can fill in for everyone...

Except maybe Bumblefoot.

So you're saying that if Axl got sick....

drool

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #296 on: February 09, 2007, 03:05:49 PM »

Relax, he's still in the band.  Lucky thing for GnR, Mother Goose is a multi-instrumentalist who can fill in for everyone...

Except maybe Bumblefoot.

So you're saying that if Axl got sick....

drool

ha...good one.
Annie
« Reply #297 on: February 09, 2007, 03:06:41 PM »

Good for you Mothergoose! I am very happy for you! I am so shy that I could never crash or sneak into a party like that.
madagas
« Reply #298 on: February 09, 2007, 03:13:18 PM »

So Frank was drummer again........hmmmmmmm Huh Nobody else thinks it is a tad odd that Brain can't even play a two song/one off gig? Not being negative, just wondering.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 03:17:39 PM by madagas » Logged
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #299 on: February 09, 2007, 03:19:34 PM »

Mother Goose on bass .... Shocked ok peace    Wizard of Oz can do even the bass....

mr. Chris Bassman  peace

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: