Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:28:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rodeo Drive's Walk of Style show (Feb 8th)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rodeo Drive's Walk of Style show (Feb 8th)  (Read 73454 times)
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #260 on: February 09, 2007, 01:35:42 PM »

He already explained why the photos aren't being posted yet.

Sorry, I must've missed that post... What's the reason for not posting them?

Just wondering...

or buy them.

I could have a look into that... But all I see is the register button.

Loaded Nightrain, I think you're referring to Inland Invasion, yes?

Hmmm... I dont think so.. This might have been 2002 even... It was a long time ago... we got pics for that particular show... Just not those exact ones...

Oh, okay.
But they have some pretty cool Inland Invasion pictures there as well. Cheesy
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #261 on: February 09, 2007, 01:38:27 PM »

Whats the harm in posting the picture? I dont see why that should be a problem.

Me personally, if I met Axl and he told me not to say anything about what we talked about, then I wouldnt even come on the message board and say "I met Axl and cant talk about specifics", I would just keep it to myself. The fact that people do come and say yeah I talked to so and so but I cant tell you anything about what they said just want attention and hold it over people's head. So you met Axl and he told you shit about the album, so what keep it to yourself if he told you not to say anything.

They will be posted eventually.

As I said before, he told you guys this because people were still debating whether the show had even happened. Go back to his first reply in the thread and read the handful of replies before it: people bitching about how there was no news.

HRS told you guys that he met Axl, and he confirmed that the show happened, but Axl asked him not to share specifics so why the hell are you throwing a fuss?!

If you met Axl Rose and Baz and spoke for twenty minutes and they took pictures with you, but they asked you not to share the specifics because they dislike the press, would you post all the details against Axl's wishes?

No I just said that I would post that I had talked to him at all. I would keep it to myself, because the way you guys are describing it, Axl didnt want it to be repeated. So I wouldnt have said anything on this board about it.

And about the picture, I didnt know he explained they werent posted if you could tell that would be great. Thanks.

I think you're misunderstanding me just a bit. ?Axl didn't come out and say "Don't repeat any of this..." ?

But he was at a party with friends, drinking. ?It very clearly wasn't an "on the record" situation, and thus, I chose not to treat it as such. ?A personal judgement. ?I know Axl has problems with being misquoted in the press and it leads to problems. ?I'm not going to contribute to that.

Instead, I'll share whatever I can be completely confident Axl wouldn't mind being shared. ?For all I know, he'd be cool with me sharing every little detail of our discussion. ?I honestly don't know. ?But out of respect for Axl's privacy, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I made the call to keep certain specifics of our conversation under wraps, but I still wanted to pass along the gist what wel talked about. ?CD is coming out, and it's going to be awesome. ?People shouldn't give up hope just yet. ?And that should mean a lot since it's coming from someone who's given up hope several times over the last ten years.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
EstrangedReality
« Reply #262 on: February 09, 2007, 01:40:14 PM »

Sorry, I must've missed that post... What's the reason for not posting them?

Just wondering...

or buy them.

I could have a look into that... But all I see is the register button.

Loaded Nightrain, I think you're referring to Inland Invasion, yes?

Hmmm... I dont think so.. This might have been 2002 even... It was a long time ago... we got pics for that particular show... Just not those exact ones...

Oh, okay.
But they have some pretty cool Inland Invasion pictures there as well. Cheesy

The picture is a promotion of EMS (Axl holding a sign), so since Jackamo owns EMS he doesn't want to post it here without getting Jackamo's permission first. Also, the site is censored on MyGNR so if he posted it here right now, people would start posting it over there and end up getting the EMS crew in trouble rather than the people who are actually posting it.

Once everything is sorted out, I'm sure he'll post the images.
EFISH
« Reply #263 on: February 09, 2007, 01:43:54 PM »

John, I dont think you need to fight the battle here. There will be always be negative nancy's and people not beleiving things......because well, that's just how it is.

Thanks HRS for telling us what you've told us.

This is supposed to be good people!  Tongue
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #264 on: February 09, 2007, 01:45:27 PM »

Me personally, if I met Axl and he told me not to say anything about what we talked about, then I wouldnt even come on the message board and say "I met Axl and cant talk about specifics", I would just keep it to myself. The fact that people do come and say yeah I talked to so and so but I cant tell you anything about what they said just want attention and hold it over people's head. So you met Axl and he told you shit about the album, so what keep it to yourself if he told you not to say anything.

As I said before, he told you guys this because people were still debating whether the show had even happened. Go back to his first reply in the thread and read the handful of replies before it: people bitching about how there was no news.

HRS told you guys that he met Axl, and he confirmed that the show happened, but Axl asked him not to share specifics so why the hell are you throwing a fuss?!

If you met Axl Rose and Baz and spoke for twenty minutes and they took pictures with you, but they asked you not to share the specifics because they dislike the press, would you post all the details against Axl's wishes?

No I just said that I would post that I had talked to him at all. I would keep it to myself, because the way you guys are describing it, Axl didnt want it to be repeated. So I wouldnt have said anything on this board about it.

And about the picture, I didnt know he explained they werent posted if you could tell that would be great. Thanks.

I think you're misunderstanding me just a bit. ?Axl didn't come out and say "Don't repeat any of this..." ?

But he was at a party with friends, drinking. ?It very clearly wasn't an "on the record" situation, and thus, I chose not to treat it as such. ?A personal judgement. ?I know Axl has problems with being misquoted in the press and it leads to problems. ?I'm not going to contribute to that.

Instead, I'll share whatever I can be completely confident Axl wouldn't mind being shared. ?For all I know, he'd be cool with me sharing every little detail of our discussion. ?I honestly don't know. ?But out of respect for Axl's privacy, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I made the call to keep certain specifics of our conversation under wraps, but I still wanted to pass along the gist what wel talked about. ?CD is coming out, and it's going to be awesome. ?People shouldn't give up hope just yet. ?And that should mean a lot since it's coming from someone who's given up hope several times over the last ten years.

Please don't take this as hating or doubting, but I do have a question that I think would have an interesting answer:

What exactly is it that give you hope now? I mean, Axls said in the press before that the album is coming and then the latest letter says it's coming soon. So was it just that he told you personally it's coming soon that restored your faith?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #265 on: February 09, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »

I think you're misunderstanding me just a bit.  Axl didn't come out and say "Don't repeat any of this..." 

But he was at a party with friends, drinking.  It very clearly wasn't an "on the record" situation, and thus, I chose not to treat it as such.  A personal judgement.  I know Axl has problems with being misquoted in the press and it leads to problems.  I'm not going to contribute to that.

Instead, I'll share whatever I can be completely confident Axl wouldn't mind being shared.  For all I know, he'd be cool with me sharing every little detail of our discussion.  I honestly don't know.  But out of respect for Axl's privacy, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I made the call to keep certain specifics of our conversation under wraps, but I still wanted to pass along the gist what wel talked about.  CD is coming out, and it's going to be awesome.  People shouldn't give up hope just yet.  And that should mean a lot since it's coming from someone who's given up hope several times over the last ten years.

Alright dude, I understand. I thought that Axl told you not to say anything.
EstrangedReality
« Reply #266 on: February 09, 2007, 01:50:57 PM »

I think you're misunderstanding me just a bit.  Axl didn't come out and say "Don't repeat any of this..." 

But he was at a party with friends, drinking.  It very clearly wasn't an "on the record" situation, and thus, I chose not to treat it as such.  A personal judgement.  I know Axl has problems with being misquoted in the press and it leads to problems.  I'm not going to contribute to that.

Instead, I'll share whatever I can be completely confident Axl wouldn't mind being shared.  For all I know, he'd be cool with me sharing every little detail of our discussion.  I honestly don't know.  But out of respect for Axl's privacy, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I made the call to keep certain specifics of our conversation under wraps, but I still wanted to pass along the gist what wel talked about.  CD is coming out, and it's going to be awesome.  People shouldn't give up hope just yet.  And that should mean a lot since it's coming from someone who's given up hope several times over the last ten years.

Please don't take this as hating or doubting, but I do have a question that I think would have an interesting answer:

What exactly is it that give you hope now? I mean, Axls said in the press before that the album is coming and then the latest letter says it's coming soon. So was it just that he told you personally it's coming soon that restored your faith?

I think many of us were growing skeptical of a release date given the fact that we're a month away from the *tentative* date with no updates and also new shows being announced with no real news either.

I know I was expecting to see an article posted to the official website soon saying "Give us a few more months!" or something. I think a lot of fans were feeling that way.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #267 on: February 09, 2007, 01:51:39 PM »

He revealed that Axl said the recording process was done. What more specifics do you need?

It lives. hihi

AXL dedicated KOTHD to Ana Nicole S. R.I.P

It's TRUE ?

hbk *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
anythinggoes
« Reply #268 on: February 09, 2007, 02:00:43 PM »

Ill stick up for you here, when a group of us met Axl back in November he was very happy to discuss the album and told us things that had not been reported but as it was  general conversation it wasnt stuff really to be told to others on the boards in my eyes it was stuff i had been privalidged to hear by my own ears and it would of felt like a breach of trust anyhow the stuff we found out did become common knowledge by others but i understand MGL reluctance to relay everything.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #269 on: February 09, 2007, 02:05:51 PM »

I dont really care either way, but i thought i would point some things out. Ive spoken to some of the band members before and have shared what i was told, because in my opinion they wouldnt tell anything that was sensative, top secret to a complete randomer, who was quite obviously a fan they had just met at a party.

He was talking to you, the admin of a Guns n Roses website, if he didnt want the info out there then he wouldnt have said it to you. He knew who you were, he knew what you do.... your website, the purpose of your website, he knew what he was getting into when he said the things he said to you! You yourself admit that you had to sneak into this thing so if im correct it doesnt seem like your going to be attending anything like this again, maybe never even run into Axl again, so basically you dont really have anything to loose. Hes not going to come after you, im sure he has more important things to do.

If your scared about anything you say getting miss quoted, misunderstood then put it in huge bold letters that "everything you read below is allegedly what took place, blada blada blada" or whatever. To be honest no official news sources are going to quote you, or even care. As far as they are concerened, if they do really care, the official date is still March the 6th.... everyone on here knows that that isnt going to happen. The press wont jump on it until it gets really close to the date, by that time, as Axl said we will have been informed by the man himself as to what is happening so your comments wont mean anything.

You have nothing to loose, but thats just my opinion.

Jonx
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #270 on: February 09, 2007, 02:15:30 PM »

I dont really care either way, but i thought i would point some things out. Ive spoken to some of the band members before and have shared what i was told, because in my opinion they wouldnt tell anything that was sensative, top secret to a complete randomer, who was quite obviously a fan they had just met at a party.

He was talking to you, the admin of a Guns n Roses website, if he didnt want the info out there then he wouldnt have said it to you. He knew who you were, he knew what you do.... your website, the purpose of your website, he knew what he was getting into when he said the things he said to you! You yourself admit that you had to sneak into this thing so if im correct it doesnt seem like your going to be attending anything like this again, maybe never even run into Axl again, so basically you dont really have anything to loose. Hes not going to come after you, im sure he has more important things to do.

If your scared about anything you say getting miss quoted, misunderstood then put it in huge bold letters that "everything you read below is allegedly what took place, blada blada blada" or whatever. To be honest no official news sources are going to quote you, or even care. As far as they are concerened, if they do really care, the official date is still March the 6th.... everyone on here knows that that isnt going to happen. The press wont jump on it until it gets really close to the date, by that time, as Axl said we will have been informed by the man himself as to what is happening so your comments wont mean anything.

Jonx

I still don't understand why everyone is jumping at him for sharing some information.   he's already said when the time is right he will share more.   respect his wishing and be greatful he did share what he did.  I do not like people who post b.s. just to be heard but I do believe there was interaction last night... give it time for the pieces to fall in place.. the more we harrass, the less he will share.. pretty simple huh!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #271 on: February 09, 2007, 02:15:37 PM »

Sorry, but I'm in the dark about what the EMS site is? ?Can anyone fill me in?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #272 on: February 09, 2007, 02:17:24 PM »

Sorry, but I'm in the dark about what the EMS site is? ?Can anyone fill me in?

a chris pittman fan site/forum eatmysilkworms

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #273 on: February 09, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »

www.gunsnroses.com don?t work for me... maybe they?re updating the site??

EFISH
« Reply #274 on: February 09, 2007, 02:23:19 PM »

www.gunsnroses.com don?t work for me... maybe they?re updating the site??

It works for me. But it loads slow as hell.

It would be so cool if they put up one of the video's of last night, but doubt it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #275 on: February 09, 2007, 02:26:31 PM »

Talking of getting miss quoted or misunderstood

He revealed that Axl said the recording process was done. What more specifics do you need?

MotherGooseLuvR, is this accurate?
Specifically, You referred to this as his comment
or your impression?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 02:28:08 PM by ppbebe » Logged
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #276 on: February 09, 2007, 02:27:30 PM »

the site worked fine for me as well, ?no updates... ?

I also agree though, ?don't imagine anything new posting especially a video from last night.. ?
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #277 on: February 09, 2007, 02:27:49 PM »

Jonx

I still don't understand why everyone is jumping at him for sharing some information.? ?

If you want to respect someone's privacy, you say nothing. There is no middle ground here.

The reason everyone is jumping at him is because there is a history of people doing things like this (normally people related to other GN'R websites ?hihi). I'm not judging, but I know alot of users here do not like being teased.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #278 on: February 09, 2007, 02:28:45 PM »

cool stuff....I'm assuming this was the first time you met Axl...?....the man who redefined Rock n' Roll...?...the Howard Hughes of rock..?

how did it feel?
was it everything you expected it to be?

are there things (when you think about it now) that you wish you would have said to him...?

thanks for the info again, but how the fuck did this encounter hit you?
that's what i want to know...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #279 on: February 09, 2007, 02:32:42 PM »

Jonx

I still don't understand why everyone is jumping at him for sharing some information.? ?

If you want to respect someone's privacy, you say nothing. There is no middle ground here.

The reason everyone is jumping at him is because there is a history of people doing things like this (normally people related to other GN'R websites ?hihi). I'm not judging, but I know alot of users here do not like being teased.

mysteron -  I fully understand, point taken... I agree with your comments, but like i've said before i'd rather be just a bit more patient  and wait for more before I chop him off at the head for posting rumors...
I don't go into those "other sites" because in this one I trust..
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: