Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:24:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rodeo Drive's Walk of Style show (Feb 8th)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rodeo Drive's Walk of Style show (Feb 8th)  (Read 66383 times)
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2007, 11:07:01 PM »

um.. if you goggle this event, it has taken place for a few years to say the least and you can find photo's from the "red carpet" over the last few years... nothing has shown up yet for this evenings event..

floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2007, 11:09:02 PM »

http://tv.zap2it.com/photos/index/0,1237,zp_fromThumb|94278|102388,00.html

I think this was from last year.. 

floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2007, 11:18:08 PM »

sorry for the multiple posts..

I noticed that link doesn't work.

google "Rodeo Drive Walk Of Style Award" 
it appears it has been going for about 5 yrs or so now...

they do take pictures of the people walking into the event...
still waiting for some of tonights to be posted..

alright... enough posting on this topic...  =)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2007, 12:07:02 AM »

Was it ever even officially confirmed that Axl/GNR will be there?

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2007, 12:15:53 AM »

Well, I hope to see some pictures when I wake up tomorrow morning!!! Grin
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2007, 12:35:02 AM »

Does anyone know where exactly this thing is being held?  Like an address or the name of the hotel or whatever?

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
EFISH
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2007, 12:36:07 AM »

Does anyone know where exactly this thing is being held?  Like an address or the name of the hotel or whatever?
Beverly Hills Civic Center.

Are you going with Garry?
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2007, 12:40:32 AM »

I got a message from someone named Gary who said he might go down there.  But we're not meeting up or anything.  I don't really know him.

EFISH
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2007, 12:42:01 AM »

Well good luck getting there......I'm going to sleep.

Looking forward to atleast the "news" in the morning.  beer
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2007, 01:35:32 AM »

I just remembered who covers stuff like that :

Fashion TV

Record it if they do.

Nothing to say
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2007, 01:38:54 AM »

Just past 10:30 in CA.... I'd guess GNR would be doin their thing anytime now, if they havnt already... Hopefuly i'll wake up to something delightful to read!!
J. Rose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2007, 02:46:46 AM »

Lights out!

Tongue
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2007, 02:47:38 AM »

beer Heres to hopin.  I'm sure its just an underwraps performance...but still good for GN'R.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2007, 03:48:11 AM »

It's almost 1AM in L.A right now, right? I guess we should hear something real soon if something interesting did happen.

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2007, 04:01:45 AM »

A bit more info - havent found anything new this morning so far though with regards to pics:

Versace isn?t the first high-profile fashion powerhouse to be lauded with Rodeo Drive?s Walk of Style accolade, but come February 8, Donatella Versace will be the first designer to accept the award off the famed shopping boulevard. The upcoming Rodeo Drive Walk of Style honoring Gianni and Donatella Versace will be held three blocks away on the steps of Beverly Hills City Hall at 455 Rexford Drive. The exclusive dinner and concert for 400 will be hosted by Rupert Everett and boast an illustrious guest list, including Prince, Elizabeth Hurley, Sharon Stone, Ingrid Sischy, Franca Sozzani, guest DJ Samantha Ronson, and a rumored Elton John, who is said to be the night?s surprise entertainment. According to an event spokesperson, the ceremony won?t take place on Rodeo Drive because of weather-related concerns (February is traditionally the rainy season in L.A.). The spokesperson noted that the event has been held in the historic Beverly Hills Post Office when costume designers were honored, but never for a fashion house. The actual Versace plaque unveiling, however, will take place next Wednesday evening in front of 300 guests invited to the new Versace store on Rodeo Drive during a cocktail party being co-hosted by Jennifer Smith Hale and C Magazine.

Source - www.fashionweekdaily.com
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2007, 04:33:55 AM »

I just want to say, I'd like to withdraw my comments about Axl playing this show instead of finishing the album. I talked to him for about twenty minutes tonight after sneaking into the Versace thing, and I'm confident he's really been working on the album.

Fans should just hang on a little longer. He's done a lot of work, and significant steps forward have been taken. I don't want to repeat specifics though.

For as pissed as I get about bailed tours, delayed albums, rotating band members, lack of PR, and shit like that, Axl's still an awesome guy. All my frustrations stem from him not putting out new music. But based on our conversation, I feel really good about him putting out the album soon. Maybe not March, but soon.

What's most important, is that Axl's happy. He said the last fifteen years of his life have been hell. It really was sad to hear him say that. With all the things Axl's got going for him, it really sucks that he has to be depressed. He said this last year did a lot to pull him out of it. He said he was having a ball that night.

I'd be having a ball too if my girlfriend was as hot as Axl's.

By the way, Axl said he thought the EMS site was fun, and posed for a picture with an EMS sign. We talked about how he met Pitman, and how he really got into Lusk. Also, Pitman played the bass that night because Tommy had personal issues and couldn't be there (nothing related to the band or anything).

Happy days for Axl fans. I haven't felt this positive about Axl since the Better HD ads leaked, and I went and posted those supportive signs in his yard. Looks like he's really taking steps forward. Rejoice!!!

Hopefully he'll give us an interview!? So many of the people who agree to give us interviews are critics, or in BBF's situation, where they don't feel comfortable talking about the band or anything GNR related.  Axl would give us an awesome interview.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 04:35:33 AM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2007, 04:42:02 AM »

Photos from that event are already posted by WireImage, but not any single one of the band or Axl? no

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====259169&nbc1=1 arrivals

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====259184&nbc1=1 inside

also:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/search/Search.aspx?eventid=73211387&editorialProduct=3

And Elton was performing there? ok that's for sure.

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2007, 04:42:06 AM »

I just want to say, I'd like to withdraw my comments about Axl playing this show instead of finishing the album. I talked to him for about twenty minutes tonight after sneaking into the Versace thing, and I'm confident he's really been working on the album.

Fans should just hang on a little longer. He's done a lot of work, and significant steps forward have been taken. I don't want to repeat specifics though.

For as pissed as I get about bailed tours, delayed albums, rotating band members, lack of PR, and shit like that, Axl's still an awesome guy. All my frustrations stem from him not putting out new music. But based on our conversation, I feel really good about him putting out the album soon. Maybe not March, but soon.

What's most important, is that Axl's happy. He said the last fifteen years of his life have been hell. It really was sad to hear him say that. With all the things Axl's got going for him, it really sucks that he has to be depressed. He said this last year did a lot to pull him out of it. He said he was having a ball that night.

I'd be having a ball too if my girlfriend was as hot as Axl's.

By the way, Axl said he thought the EMS site was fun, and posed for a picture with an EMS sign. We talked about how he met Pitman, and how he really got into Lusk. Also, Pitman played the bass that night because Tommy had personal issues and couldn't be there (nothing related to the band or anything).

Happy days for Axl fans. I haven't felt this positive about Axl since the Better HD ads leaked, and I went and posted those supportive signs in his yard. Looks like he's really taking steps forward. Rejoice!!!

Hopefully he'll give us an interview!? So many of the people who agree to give us interviews are critics, or in BBF's situation, where they don't feel comfortable talking about the band or anything GNR related.? Axl would give us an awesome interview.

Are you being serious for once now?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2007, 04:42:26 AM »

Cool, but what did they play, for how long, etc. What about the show? Thanks.

anythinggoes
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2007, 04:44:44 AM »

What song / songs did they play thats what we want to know. Pittman on bass thats cool
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: