Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:23:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rodeo Drive's Walk of Style show (Feb 8th)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rodeo Drive's Walk of Style show (Feb 8th)  (Read 67123 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #240 on: February 09, 2007, 01:09:30 PM »

Tommy didn't leave the band.  He had a very personal, family reason for not going.  As much as Tommy can be a firebrand, he's clearly got a big heart and cares very much for his family.

Relax, he's still in the band.  Lucky thing for GnR, Mother Goose is a multi-instrumentalist who can fill in for everyone...

Except maybe Bumblefoot.

I think it's disgusting to have you speak for them. especially since you have virtually no credibility.
especially when it comes to touchy subject.
if they want to say something, they would, or would have let jarmo speak.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
madagas
« Reply #241 on: February 09, 2007, 01:11:34 PM »

I was just joking....and listen closely to Mother Goose, he tells the truth. ok
EstrangedReality
« Reply #242 on: February 09, 2007, 01:11:55 PM »

This thread is useless. You have a clown who claims he spoke   to Axl. If by the chance he even got in, which I highly doubt, he might have met with Axl. But even if he did there is no way Axl told him half that stuff. It was at most a quick hello, thanks for the support, hang in there, its coming type thing. Nothing more than that.

If he wanted attention for his site, he would have posted:

1) What Axl told him
2) The photos of their meeting
3) Details that he kept from you guys
4) A link to the site telling people to visit for more info

He didn't.

Axl told him that Tommy Stinson couldn't make the show. He told him why, but he asked MotherGooseLuvR not to tell anyone the specifics of Tommy's absence because it was a personal issue.

HRS told us this LONG BEFORE Blabbermouth reported that Tommy wasn't there. Axl told him Pitman was on bass. So, either HRS is psychic, or it happened. How would he know Tommy wasn't there ahead of time? He told us this hours and hours before any sites reported it. He has pictures, and he doesn't lie to fellow members of EMS and he told us what happened.

Axl was very drunk. The party was over, and people were leaving. Baz was there, and Baz had done an interview with EMS already, and Axl thought the site was funny, so he got talking to MotherGooseLuvR and it lasted twenty minutes. HRS didn't ask about the setlist because he wasn't interviewing the guy, they were just chatting as one guy to another. Axl talked about Chinese Democracy and gave details about the album, which I think is more important than finding out what songs were played. Axl even introduced his girlfriend, and spoke about the song Silkworms, but MotherGooseLuvR (HRS) is choosing not to go into specifics because Axl asked him not to. What is so hard to believe about that?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 01:14:26 PM by Russian Roulette » Logged
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #243 on: February 09, 2007, 01:14:44 PM »

This thread is useless. You have a clown who claims he spoke? ?to Axl. If by the chance he even got in, which I highly doubt, he might have met with Axl. But even if he did there is no way Axl told him half that stuff. It was at most a quick hello, thanks for the support, hang in there, its coming type thing. Nothing more than that.

1) What Axl told him

Axl told him that Tommy Stinson couldn't make the show. He told him why, but he asked MotherGooseLuvR not to tell anyone the specifics of Tommy's absence because it was a personal issue.

HRS told us this LONG BEFORE Blabbermouth reported that Tommy wasn't there. Axl told him Pitman was on bass. So, either HRS is psychic, or it happened. He has pictures, and he doesn't lie to fellow members of EMS and he told us what happened.

Axl was very drunk. The party was over, and people were leaving. Baz was there, and Baz had done an interview with EMS already, and Axl thought the site was funny, so he got talking to MotherGooseLuvR and it lasted twenty minutes. HRS didn't ask about the setlist because he wasn't interviewing the guy, they were just chatting as one guy to another. Axl talked about Chinese Democracy and gave details about the album, which I think is more important than finding out what songs were played. What is so hard to believe about that?

Makes sense to me... and if Axl is anything like me when he's drinking, i know secrets become a lot less secret.
I'll tell a stranger all kinds of stuff.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #244 on: February 09, 2007, 01:15:09 PM »

that dont mean nothing.
it only means hes incompetent when it comes to attention seeking.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #245 on: February 09, 2007, 01:19:37 PM »

This thread is useless. You have a clown who claims he spoke   to Axl. If by the chance he even got in, which I highly doubt, he might have met with Axl. But even if he did there is no way Axl told him half that stuff. It was at most a quick hello, thanks for the support, hang in there, its coming type thing. Nothing more than that.

1) What Axl told him

He didn't.

HRS told us this LONG BEFORE Blabbermouth reported that Tommy wasn't there. Axl told him Pitman was on bass. So, either HRS is psychic, or it happened. How would he know Tommy wasn't there ahead of time? He told us this hours and hours before any sites reported it. He has pictures, and he doesn't lie to fellow members of EMS and he told us what happened.

Axl was very drunk. The party was over, and people were leaving. Baz was there, and Baz had done an interview with EMS already, and Axl thought the site was funny, so he got talking to MotherGooseLuvR and it lasted twenty minutes. HRS didn't ask about the setlist because he wasn't interviewing the guy, they were just chatting as one guy to another. Axl talked about Chinese Democracy and gave details about the album, which I think is more important than finding out what songs were played. Axl even introduced his girlfriend, and spoke about the song Silkworms, but MotherGooseLuvR (HRS) is choosing not to go into specifics because Axl asked him not to. What is so hard to believe about that?

AGREED

so... let?s discuss that  Grin

EstrangedReality
« Reply #246 on: February 09, 2007, 01:19:48 PM »

that dont mean nothing.
it only means hes incompetent when it comes to attention seeking.

So, telling people Tommy Stinson wasn't there because of personal issues and this turning out to be true was just a very lucky guess?  Roll Eyes

Tell me - if you met Axl, as a fan, would you say, "Hey! What setlist did you just play?"

He posted it to give an update for people. He posted this while people were still wondering whether the event had even happened. NO photos had emerged yet - none whatsoever. So give the guy a damn break.

If he hadn't posted this the thread would have been people bitching about there had been no news. He gave you guys news and confirmed that the thing had happened, and now that more articles/photos have surfaced rendering his post less revelatory, you're acting like he just did it for attention?

Lame.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #247 on: February 09, 2007, 01:23:20 PM »

Whats the harm in posting the picture? I dont see why that should be a problem.

Me personally, if I met Axl and he told me not to say anything about what we talked about, then I wouldnt even come on the message board and say "I met Axl and cant talk about specifics", I would just keep it to myself. The fact that people do come and say yeah I talked to so and so but I cant tell you anything about what they said just want attention and hold it over people's head. So you met Axl and he told you shit about the album, so what keep it to yourself if he told you not to say anything.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #248 on: February 09, 2007, 01:25:30 PM »

He revealed that Axl said the recording process was done. What more specifics do you need?

At least somebody is giving us something to talk about. Or maybe we want to go back to speculating based on nothing?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #249 on: February 09, 2007, 01:27:10 PM »

This thread is useless. You have a clown who claims he spoke? ?to Axl. If by the chance he even got in, which I highly doubt, he might have met with Axl. But even if he did there is no way Axl told him half that stuff. It was at most a quick hello, thanks for the support, hang in there, its coming type thing. Nothing more than that.

1) What Axl told him

He didn't.

I don't disagree with keeping the secret, I admire the guy for being that way - but he should never had said anything in the first place. ?Again, it's a case of the attention seeker "I know something you don't know". ?

If I were to post a red button that said 'Do not push', how many people on this board would push it. ?It would drive me crazy not to push it. ?Same with thing applies to this situation.. . . . Axl told me this and that about Chinese Democracy - I can't tell anyone what he said though - It's down right rude if you ask me.

Wake up. . . .time to die
EstrangedReality
« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2007, 01:27:27 PM »

Me personally, if I met Axl and he told me not to say anything about what we talked about, then I wouldnt even come on the message board and say "I met Axl and cant talk about specifics", I would just keep it to myself. The fact that people do come and say yeah I talked to so and so but I cant tell you anything about what they said just want attention and hold it over people's head. So you met Axl and he told you shit about the album, so what keep it to yourself if he told you not to say anything.

He already explained why the photos aren't being posted yet.

They will be posted eventually.

As I said before, he told you guys this because people were still debating whether the show had even happened. Go back to his first reply in the thread and read the handful of replies before it: people bitching about how there was no news.

HRS told you guys that he met Axl, and he confirmed that the show happened, but Axl asked him not to share specifics so why the hell are you throwing a fuss?!

If you met Axl Rose and Baz and spoke for twenty minutes and they took pictures with you, but they asked you not to share the specifics because they dislike the press, would you post all the details against Axl's wishes?
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2007, 01:28:12 PM »

I dont want to get into a philosophical discussion,

I dont care if he saw Axl or not. I'm happy as it is, with only knowing that this event took place.

but saying "I'm not saying anything", and then continuing to talk about "personal problems "of band members, seems kinda cold hearted, and unethical imo, weather it's true or not.
keep that to your self, since it's not music related, but more adequate to a gossip section.

vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2007, 01:28:47 PM »

How on Earth do you "blaze through" a slow number like KOHD?  hihi

SG

And why the whole band had to rehearse to the event if they only played two songs that I think they pretty much know by know...

By the way, awesome that we had at least some news...

Vicente

"all that anger, all that anger"
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2007, 01:30:18 PM »

Not true, there were several things I did share. ?Tommy, the fact that CD is coming out, and some minor things. ?And the picture will come out once it's all sorted out. ?

Here's another detail that I'm sure isn't considered personal. ?We talked about Pitman, and he said that he was introduced to him right after Mother Goose had personally installed Dr. Dre's home recording studio. ?Pitman was considered a wiz with music technology. ?He came in to help Axl work with some of his new technology, but they ended up really getting along. ?He said after that, he went back and listened to Lusk (which, by the way, is really good pop rock stuff and you should go listen to it too!) and knew that Pitman would have a lot to offer the Chinese Democracy project.

I'm sure that bit of info wasn't considered personal as it doesn't get into Pitman's personal life and doesn't involve any specifics of CD's release.

The reason I posted that stuff was to let fans know that Axl's really been working on the album and that even a dude like me -- ?who gets pretty discouraged when GNR stalls, tours are aborted and shows cancelled -- that even a dude like me is upbeat about Chinese Democracy's future.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »

He already explained why the photos aren't being posted yet.

They will be posted eventually.

As I said before, he told you guys this because people were still debating whether the show had even happened. Go back to his first reply in the thread and read the handful of replies before it: people bitching about how there was no news.

HRS told you guys that he met Axl, and he confirmed that the show happened, but Axl asked him not to share specifics so why the hell are you throwing a fuss?!

If you met Axl Rose and Baz and spoke for twenty minutes and they took pictures with you, but they asked you not to share the specifics because they dislike the press, would you post all the details against Axl's wishes?

No I just said that I would post that I had talked to him at all. I would keep it to myself, because the way you guys are describing it, Axl didnt want it to be repeated. So I wouldnt have said anything on this board about it.

And about the picture, I didnt know he explained they werent posted if you could tell that would be great. Thanks.
EstrangedReality
« Reply #255 on: February 09, 2007, 01:32:01 PM »

but he should never had said anything in the first place.  Again, it's a case of the attention seeker "I know something you don't know". 

Look, he just didn't give you guys specifics on what was said. He DID tell you that:

1) The show happened and wasn't a lie or a no-show
2) He has faith that the record is coming out soon, which he didn't before their meeting (*Maybe you should take this as a slight hint about the album release, eh?  Roll Eyes)
3) Axl has been working hard on the record lately

I think that's pretty solid stuff, don't you? I mean, to know that Axl Rose has actually been recording the album and that it has neared completion and is going to be out soon? Stuff we've been wondering about?

Axl gave him more specifics on the release of the album and HRS tried to imply - without giving specifics - that it was out soon by saying he had faith in the album again, but you totally overlooked this?  Huh He was trying to be as clear as possible without coming right out and saying it, and I'm amazed how many GN'R fans can act like jerks sometimes. You'd think the guy had posted "HA! I met Axl! You didn't! Nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah!"  Roll Eyes
EstrangedReality
« Reply #256 on: February 09, 2007, 01:33:11 PM »

I dont want to get into a philosophical discussion,

I dont care if he saw Axl or not. I'm happy as it is, with only knowing that this event took place.

but saying "I'm not saying anything", and then continuing to talk about "personal problems "of band members, seems kinda cold hearted, and unethical imo, weather it's true or not.
keep that to your self, since it's not music related, but more adequate to a gossip section.

Dude, he didn't mention ANYTHING about Tommy having a family issue until people started questioning why Tommy wasn't there. Someone suggested he had quit the band. HRS was clearing this up before any rumors began to spread. You'd rather wade through pages and pages of speculation about Tommy's absence? Now everyone knows the truth - it was just a personal thing that was going on, and he couldn't make the show, so Pitman filled in on bass.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #257 on: February 09, 2007, 01:33:32 PM »

Not true, there were several things I did share.  Tommy, the fact that CD is coming out, and some minor things.  And the picture will come out once it's all sorted out. 

Here's another detail that I'm sure isn't considered personal.  We talked about Pitman, and he said that he was introduced to him right after Mother Goose had personally installed Dr. Dre's home recording studio.  Pitman was considered a wiz with music technology.  He came in to help Axl work with some of his new technology, but they ended up really getting along.  He said after that, he went back and listened to Lusk (which, by the way, is really good pop rock stuff and you should go listen to it too!) and knew that Pitman would have a lot to offer the Chinese Democracy project.

I'm sure that bit of info wasn't considered personal as it doesn't get into Pitman's personal life and doesn't involve any specifics of CD's release.

The reason I posted that stuff was to let fans know that Axl's really been working on the album and that even a dude like me --  who gets pretty discouraged when GNR stalls, tours are aborted and shows cancelled -- that even a dude like me is upbeat about Chinese Democracy's future.

Alright dude thanks, I'm wasnt talking bout you persay, just in general when we have people come on here and say stuff like that. You have now shared a good amount of info. Believe me I understand where you're coming from, I would want to respect Axl's wishes too. Cant wait to see the pics.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #258 on: February 09, 2007, 01:34:09 PM »

He revealed that Axl said the recording process was done. What more specifics do you need?

It lives. hihi

AXL dedicated KOTHD to Ana Nicole S. R.I.P

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #259 on: February 09, 2007, 01:34:50 PM »

or buy them.

I could have a look into that... But all I see is the register button.

Loaded Nightrain, I think you're referring to Inland Invasion, yes?

Hmmm... I dont think so.. This might have been 2002 even... It was a long time ago... we got pics for that particular show... Just not those exact ones...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: