Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:34:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Another questionable Slash jam.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another questionable Slash jam.....  (Read 16722 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 03:58:56 AM »

Could be worse, He could Butcher  a shit load of riffs, songs and solos that other people wrote and then top all that off by playing a Christina Aguilera song............................

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 04:47:10 AM »

Could be worse, He could Butcher? a shit load of riffs, songs and solos that other people wrote and then top all that off by playing a Christina Aguilera song............................

Very funny post.... beer

But you have to remember that those guys are allowed to do that bcause they are more GNR than Slash ever was.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 05:09:57 AM by Locomotive98 » Logged

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
TheMole
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 05:52:17 AM »

they are more GNR than Slash ever was.

excuse me?
Ignoring the post you were replying to (which was flame-bait by itself), what in fucks name do you mean by that?
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2007, 06:23:51 AM »

excuse me?
Ignoring the post you were replying to (which was flame-bait by itself), what in fucks name do you mean by that?

Sorry mate, it was a joke highlighting the attitude of, it seems, 80% of the posters on these threads.....

Those that seem to think that Slash is the biggest douche that ever lived and isnt allowed to play his guitar in other peoples songs.

Slash can do whatever he likes, he is Slash after all.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
TheMole
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 06:49:35 AM »

excuse me?

Sorry mate, it was a joke highlighting the attitude of, it seems, 80% of the posters on these threads.....

Those that seem to think that Slash is the biggest douche that ever lived and isnt allowed to play his guitar in other peoples songs.

No need to apologize, it's me who has to be sorry for not seeing the cynicism in your post. It's getting increasingly harder for me to differentiate between the ignorant and the sarcastic on this forum. In a normal context I would've gotten your drift, but considering some of the other replies in this thread...
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 07:00:07 AM »

excuse me?

No need to apologize, it's me who has to be sorry for not seeing the cynicism in your post. It's getting increasingly harder for me to differentiate between the ignorant and the sarcastic on this forum. In a normal context I would've gotten your drift, but considering some of the other replies in this thread...

Lol, fair enough. I reckon though, unfortunately, that ignorance is far more frequent than sarcasm on these kinda threads. Its sad that these scrotes have to badmouth Slash and then praise the merits of for example, the presence of an Aguilera song in the setlist or Axl flaunting himself at fashion shows for Donatella Versace.

I guess that whatever Slash does isnt cool because hes not in Guns anymore. If Robin played on a 50 Cent record he'd be classed by some on here as the ghost of Hendrix and the spirit of clever marketing rolled into one. Its quite sad really....

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 07:01:33 AM »

People would only flame me cause the truth hurts.

I admit, I am not a big fan of Slash doing all this kind of stuff but at least he creates original compositions for the people he does collaborate with.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007, 07:48:52 AM »

Its sad that these scrotes have to badmouth Slash and then praise the merits of for example, the presence of an Aguilera song in the setlist or Axl flaunting himself at fashion shows for Donatella Versace.

Exactly

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 08:15:11 AM »

the presence of an Aguilera song in the setlist or Axl flaunting himself at fashion shows for Donatella Versace.

First of all, Christina Aguilera didn't even write the song. It was written by one of Richard's good friends Linda Perry.

Secondly, it wasn't a fashion show, it was an awards show and the band was personally asked to be there by Donatella. Which is a great honor in itself.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 08:22:49 AM »

the presence of an Aguilera song in the setlist or Axl flaunting himself at fashion shows for Donatella Versace.

First of all, Christina Aguilera didn't even write the song. It was written by one of Richard's good friends Linda Perry.

Secondly, it wasn't a fashion show, it was an awards show and the band was personally asked to be there by Donatella. Which is a great honor in itself.

I don't think anyone really gives a fuck...  The point is that if VR did those things they would be mocked...

TheMole
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 08:44:45 AM »

People would only flame me cause the truth hurts.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with your sentiments.
I was only classifying your remark as flame-bait 'cause I know how certain people on here will react to it, and I'm sure you do as well, hence making it flame-bait. If Locomotive98's remark had been anything else but sarcasm, I would've understood him taking the bait, whilst not agreeing with his ideas. Turns out he was being sarcastic and this whole piece of tripe was unnecessary and stems from my misunderstanding.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 09:26:20 AM »

rofl Thanks for the info. Well then I'll change my quote to 'a song made famous by Christina Aguilera written by Linda Perry'. I guess all of his other solos though are 'solos played by Richard Fortus written and mad famous by Slash'.

As for the second point - How is being invited to do anything by Donatella Versace 'a great honor in itself'? I suppose having some idiots like the Trailer Park Boys piss about on stage is 'a great honour in itself also'.

I dont want to get into any arguments but Im sick of all this blind Slash hate. Go and stick on your nu-GNR albums buddy. Oh sorry there are none.

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2007, 10:31:52 AM »

I dont see why its questionable.

The guy likes playing his guitar, he likes a lot of different music styles, and he has fun and gets paid expermenting from time to time in other people's creations.

If slash had never written a rock riff then maybe i'd find it questionable, but the guy wrote/co-wrote  a TON of riffs and solos that we all like - and thats not erased by dabling with some other tunes now and then.

Another thing, i might be alone in this, but i actually find the slash bashing on this board insulting to ROBIN. why? because it comes off as desperate and sour grapes. Robin is a talented player, that's why he is in GNR and not just some home musican like me. But it doesn't make him any better a player to mock slash or pretend that slash isn't also one of the more gifted musicans around. So thats why i find it insulting to not just Slash but also Robin, he doesn't need to be promoted by bagging another player, he can stand on his own riff-writing just fine it would seem (better, irs, twat etc) and i doubt he himself would attack slash.

While its natural that some of us have prefrences for either one of them, IMO the reality is that they are both gifted musicans, and for people to say that either is talentless is crazy.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 02:28:36 PM »

I don't get how people can be so closed minded when it comes to who plays with who? It's their fucking careers!  And it's not like it's as if Slash has hit his 40's and is playing with whoever he can to get recognition.  He already has the recognition and praise from fans and his peers and heros. He has always had the same approach, you can see the guy just loves to play! 

Kravitz' "Always on the run" was the first time where it was like woww he can give a riff like that away? Now I'm not saying all the collaborations he has done have been my thing. But he blows the other act away every time. Blackstreets 'Fix'... that band and Lyrics were shit! But the music? Slash owned it,  Great guitar work on that song.  He has done so much work it's great to see him not waste his talent.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 03:08:11 PM »

rofl Thanks for the info. Well then I'll change my quote to 'a song made famous by Christina Aguilera written by Linda Perry'. I guess all of his other solos though are 'solos played by Richard Fortus written and mad famous by Slash'.

If he's already immitating Slash why not do an Aguilera song right? smoking

It doesn't matter who wrote it when the main association is what it is.

And since when did it become an honor to play for some extravagant designers sister? rofl

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 10:28:36 PM »

Slash has been called a workaholic. His  down time was when he got in trouble  with drugs and drinking. If you love to play, I see no problem  with him playing with whomever. It proves he is versatile  can get along with anyone.  Wink No basis to criticize him that  I can see.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 10:49:56 PM »

What is the difference between Robin and a home guitarist?

Lets compare for example Me vs Robin Finck

I play chords...... He plays chords

I can solo....... He can solo

I write songs........ He writes songs

What is really the difference?

Monkey dont ever diss yourself for being a "HOME MUSICIAN"? U realize how many HOME MUSICIANS blow Signed musicians out of the water? Only difference is, they got some breaks.

IRS and TWAT Technically have no riffs. Better is basically a standard 3 power chord riff o rama which is highly overrated by people on these forums.

If it wasnt someone in GNR and u guys heard the Better riffs, I seriously doubt any of u would call it  great.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2007, 09:27:54 AM »

SLASH Jams With BLACK EYED PEAS In Hollywood; Photos Available - Feb. 12, 2007 

According to MTV.com, VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash jammed with the BLACK EYED PEAS on "Let's Get It Started" at Avalon in Hollywood, California on Thursday (Feb. Cool. The BLACK EYED PEAS threw a benefit concert for their Peapod Foundation, which helps underprivileged children around the world. This year's effort raised funds for the band's Peapod Music and Arts Academy, an educational center that will serve foster children in inner-city L.A. Other guests included Wyclef Jean and John Legend. Check out pictures from Wire Image.

In other news, Slash recently met up with Grammy-nominated CCM rocker Sarah Kelly at his Hollywood's RockWalk induction ceremony, also attended by producer Mike Clink. It proved to be a reunion of sorts for Kelly, who recruited Clink to oversee her Grammy-nominated sophomore release ? "Where The Past Meets Today". Clink, in turn, introduced Slash to Kelly's music ? and he immediately jumped onboard to record two amazing guitar solos on the project, including "Still Breathing" and "Out Of Reach". Slash comments: "I was blown away by how much emotion and balls her voice had and how expressive it was? She has a sincerely pure presence in her voice."

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 10:37:37 AM »

this is the song he played on...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTMua2lJ3eA

rofl rofl rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2007, 11:37:07 AM »

What is the difference between Robin and a home guitarist?

Lets compare for example Me vs Robin Finck

Let's NOT!

The point is that if VR did those things they would be mocked...

They have taken part in several events over the years which are similar.

Everything from the Susan Holmes Fashion Show to playing at Hard Rock Cafe in NYC.

They're very good at promoting themselves that way.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: