Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:59:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Video for Better in the works? (article)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video for Better in the works? (article)  (Read 12533 times)
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2007, 08:02:33 PM »

rofl yeah...

Example:

Meat Loaf released on a nice looking video, decent song, featuring a very attractive female.
But.
I only seen it on TV twice.

Then it disapeared.

Too busy playing "Sexyback" these days to care about comebacks.

True, but think of this:  GNR vs Meat Loaf.  I think things would be different for Guns.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2007, 08:02:44 PM »

I dont know what its like there in the states,but here in Australia, especially on weekends, theres a show called Video Hits, that runs for about 6+ hours, showing music videos on a friday- early morning saturday.

Im sure Axl will put out a video , and I really want one. Like a person above me said,
shit bands like Nickleback put out videos, but you have to think, Gnr has to capture as much demographic audience they can, whether its emo lovers,
nickleback lovers, whatever, and a Video is the way to do it, especially with the youtube boom...

It would be stupid not to put out one.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2007, 08:05:23 PM »

Why do people not want a GNR video? That's dumb.

You Tube - Internet in general - VH1 + Top 20 coutdown - Fuse - MTV2 - DVD's...

Exactly.. Everyone acts like because MTV dosnt show videos anymore, that videos are worthless... If the new video gets on the front page of youtube, watch out!!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2007, 08:08:43 PM »

Why do people not want a GNR video? That's dumb.

You Tube - Internet in general - VH1 + Top 20 coutdown - Fuse - MTV2 - DVD's...

To me, it's not dumb at all.

Why do I want a music video?  First off, to see my heroes again.  To know that they're back, and so that others know they're back.  To see them in the mainstream media again, announcing it to as many people as they can reach.

But in the grand scheme of things, I really don't care so much about the video itself.  What I care about it that a video would be an official sign of things to come.  A video means a single.  A single means an album.  Pretty simple if you ask me.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2007, 08:22:57 PM »

rofl yeah...

Example:

Meat Loaf released on a nice looking video, decent song, featuring a very attractive female.
But.
I only seen it on TV twice.

Then it disapeared.

Too busy playing "Sexyback" these days to care about comebacks.

True, but think of this:? GNR vs Meat Loaf.? I think things would be different for Guns.
Guns are just a little bit more ahead of Loaf in terms of mainstream popularity.

When- a band like the Chilli Peppers had "Dani California" which did very well.

But that's because the Peppers are ahead of GNR.

Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2007, 09:07:04 PM »

MeatLoaf rocks, but Bat III wasnt as good as I hoped.  But I am totally psyched about this news, I love better, and it would be the obvious choice for the first single and song.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2007, 09:29:46 PM »

........... some words of warning for any director hoping to work with Axl: Don't look him in the eye, don't ask him when the record's coming out, and by all means, don't tell him that there's not enough money in the budget for a dolphin-wrangler.

lmao i thought that was funny

i think this is cool because all the things that were spost to be happening allready are just getting started Tongue

one step at a time i guess ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2007, 09:36:30 PM »

If this is true..cool. But i would have thought or at least hoped that a video would have been done by now, particularly considering the march 6 date. Surely the single should be wrapped up and ready to go? i mean it was on the harley add.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2007, 10:16:31 PM »

Why are they bothering with a music video- who do they expect to play it?

My point EXACTLY.

Axl's kept good relations with MTV over the years, so a video makes sense to me.  It's a great way to reach a new market and to say, "Hey, by the way, here's what rock n' roll sounds like, since it's been missing during your lifetime."

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2007, 10:20:12 PM »

I can't wait.  yes

Thats all i can say, any music video would pwn.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2007, 10:27:20 PM »

My point EXACTLY.

Axl's kept good relations with MTV over the years, so a video makes sense to me.? It's a great way to reach a new market and to say, "Hey, by the way, here's what rock n' roll sounds like, since it's been missing during your lifetime."

Good point...
MTV still has the VMAs... And to be nominated you need a video(I know VMAs, suck and are poppy, but people eat it up)... If GNR could take a few moon men away, a video would pay for itself 100 times over
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2007, 11:07:21 PM »

Good point...
MTV still has the VMAs... And to be nominated you need a video(I know VMAs, suck and are poppy, but people eat it up)... If GNR could take a few moon men away, a video would pay for itself 100 times over

Yeah.  Just ask Jameraqui.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2007, 11:12:58 PM »

My point EXACTLY.

Axl's kept good relations with MTV over the years, so a video makes sense to me.? It's a great way to reach a new market and to say, "Hey, by the way, here's what rock n' roll sounds like, since it's been missing during your lifetime."

Good point...

man if we can think of things like this imagine what Axl has already thought of. yes

I watched , let me rephrase that, SUFFERED throught that Goddamn show just because i thought Axl was going to announce the release date for CHINESE DEMOCRACY Roll Eyes ..........ohh yeah i was pissed.............but quickly got over it beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Zerocool2
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2007, 03:01:40 AM »

Until I hear it from Axl, I don't care what the source is, it ain't true
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2007, 06:05:30 AM »

They do need a video. Videos still have great impact in the world's music. See Red Hot Chili Peppers...They are the most known rock n' roll band nowadays. And when I ask a non fan about rock n' roll I hear: "Oh, Red Hot are good. This video for Dani California was pretty cool." And when I ask them about Guns most of them say: "I like November Rain. What a video..."

"...It don't really matter..."
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2007, 08:44:46 AM »

hope it's true
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2007, 10:41:54 AM »

Good point...

Yeah.? Just ask Jameraqui.

Traveling Without Moving sold over 1.2 million copies.  I wonder if that had anything to do with a video that everyone knew about...
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2007, 11:19:52 AM »

Usually its not a secret when bands are recording videos, its not uncommon to see at the official sites of other bands topics like "Right now we are doing a video shot for bla bla" or something. I dont think they would try to keep it secret, I dont get the point of that besides if its going to be a surprise for all the fans.
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2007, 11:25:10 AM »

I do not understand why a video would seem a bad thing or undesirable to some fans.  Huh?

We're fans, we want them to make stuff, and a video is part of that. Remember the video they made for WTTJ Live Era - i loved that!

That said this rumor has no credibility. But that doesn't change the fact that a video for the first single is a no brainer, and i think Axl will want a video and everything else, as he said that he feels this album deserves proper promotion.
I mean come on. They didn't work this hard this long on CD to half-ass any of it now.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2007, 11:29:32 AM »

Usually its not a secret when bands are recording videos, its not uncommon to see at the official sites of other bands topics like "Right now we are doing a video shot for bla bla" or something. I dont think they would try to keep it secret, I dont get the point of that besides if its going to be a surprise for all the fans.

Did I just see 'usually' being used in the context of Axl Rose?

If anyone should find a reason to keep a video shoot secret it's him.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: