Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:09:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Minor Axl mention on American Idol
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Minor Axl mention on American Idol  (Read 4318 times)
gummyfish
Rocker

« on: February 07, 2007, 06:56:33 AM »

some duden mentioned Axl as well as Cobain as his influences.
aimz
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 07:51:59 AM »

ill have to look out for that....american idol doesnt show in the uk till friday.....
Bow-Chicka-Bow-Wow
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 08:00:28 AM »

How was his performance?  Should we be embarressed and hope most people only heard Curt Cobain?  hihi
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 10:23:44 AM »

I hate that fucking show. It's an hour of bad Kareoke each week. No thanks. I'll pass.

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 10:39:24 AM »

How was his performance?? Should we be embarressed and hope most people only heard Curt Cobain?? hihi

His performance was god-awful. But I heard no Cobain or Axl influences in his performance.  Maybe a Days of the New type of thing but even worse.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 10:49:28 AM »

I wonder what the judges would think if axl auditioned, or kurt kobain or billy idol or someone like that

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 10:51:51 AM »

I wonder what the judges would think if axl auditioned, or kurt kobain or billy idol or someone like that

if kurt walked in the roomm i think they would have gotten preeeetty scared :p

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 12:16:49 PM »

cool....

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 12:31:58 PM »

not really news if some loser on a sucky program mentions axl Roll Eyes
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 07:01:11 PM »

That "sucky" program is watched by millions and millions of people.  Granted, I'm not one of them, it's just not my thing.  But the power of the show cannot be denied.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 07:17:23 PM »

That "sucky" program is watched by millions and millions of people.? Granted, I'm not one of them, it's just not my thing.? But the power of the show cannot be denied.

But as to whether or not a rejected and mocked contestant naming Axl as an influence is worth creating a thread over, that's up for grabs...   beer
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 07:26:24 PM »

no reason to start a new thread for this following so i post it in this....

i just watched a stand-up thingie on tv and the guy who performed was named bill bailey hihi and he wasn't as funny as axl
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 09:05:55 PM »

ill have to look out for that....american idol doesnt show in the uk till friday.....

As an American I'd like to apologize for that crap being sent overseas to your airwaves.  So sorry Embarrassed

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 11:11:15 PM »

As an American I'd like to apologize for that crap being sent overseas to your airwaves.? So sorry Embarrassed
I think we stole the idea from British Pop Idol or whatever the hell it's called.  Us Americans weren't creative enough to think of such programming on our own.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 11:13:04 PM »

I've wondered the same about what they'd do if Axl showed up.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 11:23:17 PM »

If someone as good as Axl or any real rock singer for example auditioned, they'd tell him he sucked....they look for faggy pop singers, and thats it....I feel sorry for you that you wasted your time watching that in the first place, I hoped you learned your lesson......BTW, I feel ashamed that someone would mention Axl or someone in his calibur on a shitty show like American Idol would even think of calling Axl an influence....when all they do is get on their knees and suck dick to get a record deal.

Axl is God.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 02:13:14 AM »

As an American I'd like to apologize for that crap being sent overseas to your airwaves.  So sorry Embarrassed

Thanks to that crap I laugh my ass off twice a week hihi

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Elrothiel
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 03:38:25 PM »

I watch that "sucky" program for the crazy psychos... its hilarious to watch them sing awfully, and then protest and big themselves up when the judges say "No" all whilst looking like they should be in a mental asylum! rofl

I only get pissed off when someone's "singing" a rock song and totally destroying it... especially when its Gn'R or somethin'.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 05:43:23 PM »

I think we stole the idea from British Pop Idol or whatever the hell it's called.  Us Americans weren't creative enough to think of such programming on our own.

Actually, it was the Aussies that had the idea first, not to mention other shows like 'nashville star' (think American Idol gone country) have been on tv since way before American idol.
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 05:53:07 PM »

As an American I'd like to apologize for that crap being sent overseas to your airwaves.? So sorry Embarrassed
there are many different versions of idol all around the world. its not just us.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: