Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:17:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD--"mind blowing/epic"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD--"mind blowing/epic"  (Read 4284 times)
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: February 06, 2007, 08:19:44 AM »

ep?ic      /ˈɛpɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ep-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
?adjective Also, ep?i?cal. 1. noting or pertaining to a long poetic composition, usually centered upon a hero, in which a series of great achievements or events is narrated in elevated style: Homer's Iliad is an epic poem. 
2. resembling or suggesting such poetry: an epic novel on the founding of the country. 
3. heroic; majestic; impressively great: the epic events of the war. 
4. of unusually great size or extent: a crime wave of epic proportions. 
?noun 5. an epic poem. 
6. epic poetry. 
7. any composition resembling an epic. 
8. something worthy to form the subject of an epic: The defense of the Alamo is an American epic. 
9. (initial capital letter) Also called Old Ionic. the Greek dialect represented in the Iliad and the Odyssey, apparently Aeolic modified by Ionic. 

We have heard various people say that CD is "mind blowing" or "epic".

Much like NR and Estranged and Dont Cry tell a story, one can assume CD will follow suit.  I wonder what songs on CD will do that?  Everytime I hear a GNR song on the radio, the videos of the songs come to mind.

Do you think the videos will again follow suit?  I don't really watch MTV because do they even play music videos these days?  In the 80s, that is what they did.  How will the videos for CD market the band?

Discuss beer

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 08:34:59 AM »

Quote from: spaghetti_incident link=topic=42901.msg867263#msg867263

Much like NR and Estranged and Dont Cry tell a story, one can assume CD will follow suit.  I wonder what songs on CD will do that?  Everytime I hear a GNR song on the radio, the videos of the songs come to mind.

Do you think the videos will again follow suit?  I don't really watch MTV because do they even play music videos these days?  In the 80s, that is what they did.  How will the videos for CD market the band?

Discuss beer

From what Axl said on Eddie Trunk I don't believe the videos will be anything at all like NR/Don't Cry/Estranged.

To be honest, all I really care about is the band members being just as visible as Axl. I really want the casual fan to get a chance to see these guys as I do: Guns N' Roses.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
elmir
VIP

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 08:35:09 AM »

another use of "epic" is ......terribly long...and at times quite boring....

Titanic was an epic.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 08:39:22 AM »

Quote from: spaghetti_incident link=topic=42901.msg867263#msg867263

Much like NR and Estranged and Dont Cry tell a story, one can assume CD will follow suit.? I wonder what songs on CD will do that?? Everytime I hear a GNR song on the radio, the videos of the songs come to mind.

Do you think the videos will again follow suit?? I don't really watch MTV because do they even play music videos these days?? In the 80s, that is what they did.? How will the videos for CD market the band?

Discuss beer

From what Axl said on Eddie Trunk I don't believe the videos will be anything at all like NR/Don't Cry/Estranged.

To be honest, all I really care about is the band members being just as visible as Axl. I really want the casual fan to get a chance to see these guys as I do: Guns N' Roses.

I wonder though if a video of say live concert footage would be enough to market the band?  Live and Let Die has live footage.  Imagine if that is the only kind of video they did and never did NR, Estranged or Don't Cry.  Would they still have the same market appeal?

I hope there is a video associated with CD that is epic like.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 09:03:01 AM »

NR, Estranged and Dont Cry videos were kinda cool then, but now we are in a culture that doesnt care about videos unless you got some chick dancing or show how you got diamonds grafted onto your eyes or something.  That type of trilogy would be a waste of money.  Also I dont think any of the songs sounded as epic and NR or Estranged, I dont think thats what he was going for.  In all the interviews of people ive heard the album compared to NIN or Appetite, while most of the ones comparing it to NIN were before The Fragile was released and before than NIN was a strictly 12 track, 3-4 minute song per cd band and thats what I think this album will be like.  I doubt any track goes over 7 minutes, with most being 4-5.
axlisking
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »

if it ever comes out
shaxon
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 09:35:48 AM »

another use of "epic" is ......terribly long...and at times quite boring....

"Epic" could also mean "grandiloquent" and "bloated".
absolutelytrue
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 09:43:56 AM »

if it ever comes out

The music world needs something new, I hope it comes out.  Until then,  blues and jazz are sounding pretty good.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 09:50:22 AM »

The music world needs something new, I hope it comes out.  Until then,  blues and jazz are sounding pretty good.

the music world needs reassurance that the manufactured pop princess' are not the way it is going to stay.....that's what the world needs...and that's the pressure...as with each month that passes, he raises his own bar by about 20%, and with each 20%, he gets more and more ripped off and insulted...and joked and laughed at...

that's the real pressure...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 11:35:32 AM »

so far only thing epic is the waiting and the lenght of the recording...  no
and mindblowing have been the fans that couldnt wait anymore  nervous

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 01:02:39 PM »

Its sad that this is a popular thread these days.
absolutelytrue
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 02:15:02 PM »

The music world needs something new, I hope it comes out.? Until then,? blues and jazz are sounding pretty good.

the music world needs reassurance that the manufactured pop princess' are not the way it is going to stay.....that's what the world needs...and that's the pressure...as with each month that passes, he raises his own bar by about 20%, and with each 20%, he gets more and more ripped off and insulted...and joked and laughed at...

that's the real pressure...

That's alot of pressure.  But is it really all that thou?  I mean, Once your great!  You can't bring a great rock star (man) down?

ColdRose
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 03:00:56 PM »

Im sure evryone will have something to say about the CD good & bad............simple fact axl will not release a shit record it will have its time and it will be epic.  People will say what they will about this band but the only times GNR sounded as good as GNR sounds today and I do think they sound better today was when it was the original five or the last leg of 93.
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 09:20:49 PM »

I hope there is a video associated with CD that is epic like.

I really believe that there can be an awesome video for the song Chinese Democracy. I think that could be a great video I dont know about epic. Add some length to the Blues and you can get an epic video out of it

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 09:47:22 PM »

As far as the album goes, I would prefer lean and mean. I want it to rock. No  filler. Just let it rock.
LanceLazer
Opening Act

Beers, Boobs n Rock & Roll!

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 09:58:08 PM »

In all the interviews of people ive heard the album compared to NIN or Appetite, while most of the ones comparing it to NIN were before The Fragile was released and before than NIN was a strictly 12 track, 3-4 minute song per cd band and thats what I think this album will be like.?

Is that a joke? Have you heard The Downward Spiral? Sure, there's no overly long songs, but it's full of soundscapes and non-marketable songs up to the brim. Even it's biggest hit, Closer is over 6 minutes long.

I think CD will be a lot of songs between 4 - 8 minutes.

http://www.myspace.com/lancelazer

...God have mercy on the man
Who doubts what he's sure of...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 07:16:13 PM »

In all the interviews of people ive heard the album compared to NIN or Appetite, while most of the ones comparing it to NIN were before The Fragile was released and before than NIN was a strictly 12 track, 3-4 minute song per cd band and thats what I think this album will be like.

Is that a joke? Have you heard The Downward Spiral? Sure, there's no overly long songs, but it's full of soundscapes and non-marketable songs up to the brim. Even it's biggest hit, Closer is over 6 minutes long.

I missed this earlier. I have to agree. I think the shortest song will be just under 3 minutes and I'll say the longest one will be around 8ish minutes.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 07:20:15 PM »

In all the interviews of people ive heard the album compared to NIN or Appetite, while most of the ones comparing it to NIN were before The Fragile was released and before than NIN was a strictly 12 track, 3-4 minute song per cd band and thats what I think this album will be like.

I missed this earlier. I have to agree. I think the shortest song will be just under 3 minutes and I'll say the longest one will be around 8ish minutes.

just under 4 minuter but otherwise i agree i think peace
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: