Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:49:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in South Africa in April & May
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in South Africa in April & May  (Read 37035 times)
EFISH
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2007, 08:39:32 PM »

If this appearance is true, and it sounds like it is at this point, why are we finding out about it from some South African web site? Instead of from the band itself?
 Cry

Because it's still 2 or 3 months away and it might not be finalized. Also, they probably won't announce tourdates until the record company announces the release date. Like I said, it's over 2 months away...no rush.  Smiley
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2007, 09:12:28 PM »

how anybody sees this as a bad thing is beyond me.  no

I am down to see GNR anytime anyplace I possibly can!   Whatever the setlist is, if people can't accept that this is Guns N Fucking Roses already and that people want to hear the classics we all love, you are wasting your time.  ok

we have no idea if the album will be out in april or not.. but i dont even care.   it will come out when it comes out, no one is going to die over this or anything. geeez.  in the meantime I will be seeing Axl and the band any chance I get.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2007, 09:27:40 PM »

how anybody sees this as a bad thing is beyond me.

exactly my thoughts. a band that has been off and on for near the past decade is coming back, kind of slowly but I'm not complaining. they had a breakout year in 06 with the tour and everything, now 'CD' is eventually coming, the more shows the better.

having a lot of shows and concerts can never hurt GNR, the guys get to play more and the music is then spread around and more people become interested.

can't wait to see them again! ok Grin
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2007, 09:31:12 PM »

What facts are you pointing out then?

/jarmo

You know what, you're right. I shouldn't have used the word facts. I should have said: "Just pointing out what anyone with common sense can see."

And what is that?

/jarmo

Well, for one, someone mentioned maybe GNR would do this just to get money for studio time. I said, maybe stay away from the studio. If you can't afford something, don't do it. Common sense, right?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2007, 09:44:04 PM »

Well, for one, someone mentioned maybe GNR would do this just to get money for studio time. I said, maybe stay away from the studio. If you can't afford something, don't do it. Common sense, right?

You have no proof to back up your theory do you?

We don't know what the lans for April are, but still you can come up with theories like that because you use "common sense".

If you use common sense and read Axl's letter, you'll see that the last tour was supposed to coincide with the album's release.

Now you can say you never claimed they're doing a one off gig to pay for the studio, but you sure as hell went along with the theory and tried to make up a reason why it makes sense (to you).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2007, 09:57:21 PM »

You have no proof to back up your theory do you?

We don't know what the lans for April are, but still you can come up with theories like that because you use "common sense".

If you use common sense and read Axl's letter, you'll see that the last tour was supposed to coincide with the album's release.

Now you can say you never claimed they're doing a one off gig to pay for the studio, but you sure as hell went along with the theory and tried to make up a reason why it makes sense (to you).

/jarmo

You're trying too hard to make me look like a hater. I was responding to someone's theory. How do you respond to a theory with no facts? You can't. So I played along. I don't for a second think GNR doesn't have money for studio time. I'm sure they're rolling in money.

What's the point of discussing anything if we can only deal in facts. Are you done with me yet?

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2007, 11:21:20 PM »

i think Jarmo should change his screen name to "The Wise One"? hihi

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2007, 12:37:57 AM »

Ill say this since some people here only know how to misconstrue things.  I do now mean that Americans hate Brazil or Africa, I love Brazil, been there many times.  I played soccer in Brazil for a year and a half so im not saying that.  Ask any american on the street though what language they speak in brazil or who their president is and i guarantee maybe 10% could get it right.  I actually saw a poll about Nelson Mandela today cause of black history month and it said 50% of americans  still believe he is president of South Africa.  45% of americans got the answer totally wrong.  These are facts that show that across the board americans do not care about Brazil or South Africa.  That doesnt mean America doesnt, or that we dont care about people in Africa (just look at how much Bill gates has given)  what I am saying is we couldnt care less about their music scene.  Thats all im saying.  I actually got into brazilian music when i was down there and its alright, but Americans couldnt care less if GNR is rockin Africa or Brazil.  American concerts on this last tour usually did not sell out and sold pretty poorly sadly.  So you can bash it all you want, save my post if GNR plays this concert and the albums out by then thatll be sweet and throw this in my face or whatever you want.  Oh and by the way to the guy who said Metallica scheduled a live festival concert on another continent when they had a pending release was out of their mind or just plain lying.

Anyways im not trying to get Africans or Brazilians mad.  Im just saying America is the mass audience, American companies influence the globe when it comes to music, American music crosses over to other countries and very rarely is it vice versa (besides England).  If you wanna sell albums stay in America when the albums released and i think they realize that. 

GNR needs a new pr team cause Axl and the band need to change the way they are percieved by America. Here Axl is a punchline to jokes.  It really sucks because he does a lot of good things and the medie just focuses on the bad.  When that album comes out Axl needs to be here to push it.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2007, 01:16:08 AM »

Oh and by the way to the guy who said Metallica scheduled a live festival concert on another continent when they had a pending release was out of their mind or just plain lying.

listen man, i genuinely tried to understand your points, and see it as a solid debate....but now you're just acting stupid.
you asked for the band names who played down here regardless of releases they had, and i gave them to you....so now its a lie?...like jarmo said....what do you base your facts on? is it concrete research? or personal feelings?

couldn't care less what you think about USA vs South America vs Africa issue, and it doesn't matter in this context either....bottom line is there are a lot of fans outside the US, and the fact that the band wishes to visit them and play a show for them is an unbelievably good deed from their side....

Axl should be commended for that, and not bashed.

Playing gigs in Europe and the States makes it easy for those fans to see more than one show....fuck, jarmo went to how many shows last year? Christos went to how many? Europe is small and the transport infrastructure allows for this type of a fanbase.

Latin Amercan and African fans can't do this....we get one show...and that's it...we can't follow the band around the continent and enjoy other gigs because we live in god forsaken places that people like you don't know enough about to give us time of the day to make our case heard....

so back off....stop being sour, and at least be happy for those people who will get to see gnr live, 95% of them for the first time in their lives....and probably the last time too....

there are two shows scheduled in the country, and i'm fucking going to both of them....they are 1500 km's apart from each other, but i couldn't care less, will travel and go to see them play.

this is not a standard tour/gig/performance......so please don't treat it like that.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2007, 02:18:59 AM »

@ the project: man, give it a rest with axlrose4eva1. leave him be. it's not worth it

it's great news that gnr are playing in south africa. i am happy to hear they are going to countries they've never been before and that's great.

people complain that playing a show in south africa might interfere with promotion for cd or whatever. you know there's those things called planes and a show can take up only 48 hours from the bands time? i don't think the 48 hours they'll be in south africa will make or break chinese democracy Roll Eyes

and i'm glad that shows start to come out. it's like last year. the sooner they start playing the sooner i'll get to see them this year ok

p.s. come to fucking romania gnr rant

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2007, 02:22:57 AM »

^Exactly. I don't think this will make any difference on the realease of Chinese Democracy. It's just great to see the band doing something and playing in exotic places like South-America and Africa.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
booker t
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2007, 02:45:54 AM »

This is awful news.? It pretty much confirms that the album will not be out in March or April.? If the album was coming out in March no manager is going to send a band to some unheard of festival in Africa before seeing what needs to be done to promote the album.? If this is true to me it confirms that the album will not be out until at least the summer.? This does not fit with a March 6 release date and sounds like just another "practice" show.? I wish, if that is all that Axl wants this band to be, that he would just say so.? I think he would get more people going ot the concerts if he was like, "yeah we arent going to release a CD we are just going to tour around and have fun."? Instead people treat them like they dont exist because they are under a cloud of negativity about Chinese Democracy.? Axl can do whatever he wants, and if he wants to just tour the world playing the same set list over and over and never releasing new music thats fine, but he should just be honest about it.

are you stupid and ignorant. what better place to tour than a country that offers beauty, first world features with third world attitudes and a democracy that is young and proactive and historic. Maybe you've had the opportunity to see them live, but most of us here haven't and are really looking forward to it. CD or no CD, the concerts willb e huge, with evanescense and hoobastank, and maybe good charlotte also on the bill. Metallica played her last year as well. Maybe it's unheard of to you, but Axl knows about it cos he's on his way.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2007, 02:47:26 AM »

cool.
some more info.

tickets went on sale this morning, at R576 for golden circle tickets ($82), and R376 for general admission ($53)....sold though Computicket www.computicket.com

Hoobastank and Evanescence are the next two bands who confirmed.

and typically, all these people came out of the woodwork now, check these links out.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=3021675

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/item/Item.jsp?Trade_TradeId=3105185

there will be lots of this going on now.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2007, 02:51:45 AM »

I tried to check some pics and info about the venues, but found nothing. So does anyone have any links or Google Earth coordinates or something?

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
elmir
VIP

« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2007, 03:51:27 AM »

I tried to check some pics and info about the venues, but found nothing. So does anyone have any links or Google Earth coordinates or something?

it is a horseracing track, there is not much on them per say, they don't have a website, but i'll phone them and ask if they can send us some info.

the event promo radio ad is currently being aired, they're using WTJ and PC as songs for the announcement....newspapers are reporting on it all over town, its looking good.

i'll try and get this material scanned and posted here.

kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2007, 03:54:55 AM »

Hey man, thanks for the info! Hope the scanning works fine ok

BEEP.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2007, 04:47:07 AM »

I am happy for you South Africa...and don't pay attention to those who think that this is stupid. No way. First of all, SA is a good place to promote the album. It's unusual place, they've never been there before and it's gonna have huge impact on the world. Secondly, do you really believe that the album is not going to be ready until April? If it's out it's out. If it's not it's not! It's nothing to do with a live concert. And finally, (as it was mentioned above) it's great to see them playing in places that they've never been before. Awesome! 

"...It don't really matter..."
elmir
VIP

« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2007, 04:55:28 AM »

managed to somehow record the radio ad for this.

go get it before it expires.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=46EC56CC498FC508

kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2007, 04:56:28 AM »

managed to somehow record the radio ad for this.

go get it before it expires.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=46EC56CC498FC508

Thanks man! Awesome peace

BEEP.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2007, 05:00:50 AM »

cool, will try and get my hands on as many media clippings as possible.
all national radio stations are going berzerk....it was even discussed this morning on one of those political talk radio shows.

streetpoles are littered with newspaper headlines "GNR in SA".....

its like god decided to come down here.

not too sure if i can get my hands on any tv promos, but will try.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: