Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:20:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Setlist after Chinese Democracy [speculation]
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Setlist after Chinese Democracy [speculation]  (Read 5865 times)
EFISH
« on: February 05, 2007, 07:55:22 PM »

Just thought we could do something like this while we wait for the announcement.  Tongue

So what do you guys think about the setlist after Chinese Democracy is released?

I think it will change ALOT. I think they will start off maybe playing half of the record, and then over time add more new songs in there. They will probably play about 8 old songs a night, compared to the usual 13 or 14 or whatever they did in '06. They will probably alternate with the old songs they played in '06 every night.

What do you guys think?
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 07:57:46 PM »

I think a majority of the setlist will contain appetite songs, a couple UYI songs like in 06. but i think there will be a lot of CD songs in the setlist as well.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 07:59:21 PM »

I agree with you e-fish... It'll slowly lean towards more new material, the longer the album is out...
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 09:36:15 PM »

Probably not a big change right away, he may work in a new song here and there until there is a critical mass and in about a  year-18 months the show  will be 50/50 old and new. But he can't come out and start playing mostly songs  no one  has heard  of right off.
Bow-Chicka-Bow-Wow
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »

Probably not a big change right away, he may work in a new song here and there until there is a critical mass and in about a? year-18 months the show? will be 50/50 old and new. But he can't come out and start playing mostly songs? no one? has heard? of right off.

But the question pertains to after the CD release.? I think at that point people who are at the concerts will be quite familiar with the new material. I expect a pretty formidable change. yes? By the way...Good point to ponder, Efish. ok
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 10:02:31 PM by Bow-Chicka-Bow-Wow » Logged
EFISH
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 09:57:58 PM »

Probably not a big change right away, he may work in a new song here and there until there is a critical mass and in about a  year-18 months the show  will be 50/50 old and new. But he can't come out and start playing mostly songs  no one  has heard  of right off.

Well when the CD is released, 95 percent of people going to the shows will have the album, therefore know the new songs.

They've had there run playing the majority of old songs and some new, but I think after the release they should flip it around.  ok
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 10:01:06 PM »

Probably not a big change right away, he may work in a new song here and there until there is a critical mass and in about a? year-18 months the show? will be 50/50 old and new. But he can't come out and start playing mostly songs? no one? has heard? of right off.

Well when the CD is released, 95 percent of people going to the shows will have the album, therefore know the new songs.

They've had there run playing the majority of old songs and some new, but I think after the release they should flip it around.? ok

nope, alot of people attending don't know any of the new songs. aka on the UK Tour there were alot there just because they knew Sweet Child of Mine

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
EFISH
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 10:02:41 PM »

They've had there run playing the majority of old songs and some new, but I think after the release they should flip it around.  ok

nope, alot of people attending don't know any of the new songs. aka on the UK Tour there were alot there just because they knew Sweet Child of Mine

I said AFTER THE CD IS RELEASED. Of course almost nobody knows the new songs NOW.

Big difference.  ok
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 10:04:25 PM »

They've had there run playing the majority of old songs and some new, but I think after the release they should flip it around.? ok

I said AFTER THE CD IS RELEASED. Of course almost nobody knows the new songs NOW.

Big difference.? ok

I still think it would be like it is now

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 10:33:40 PM »

I could use some civil war, pretty tied up, and don't damn me. That would be sweeeeet.
Geck
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 10:48:25 PM »

I keep thinking of how amazing CITR would be live. Who would do the solo?
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 10:51:15 PM »

I keep thinking of how amazing CITR would be live. Who would do the solo?

It is a great song. But I bet it may be  one of the few songs that does not get played live. Just a feeling.
Not sure  it is a live-type  of song.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 11:08:56 PM »

I see the set having 8-10 songs off the album, some being rotated possibly. I think they'll cut out some of the Appetite stuff (Out ta Get Me, My Michelle) and I don't think they'll do KOHD as much, maybe every few shows or so. I think they might pull out some older covers like they did with 'Down on the Farm', mayde do 'Aint' It Fun', etc.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 11:23:10 PM »

WTTJ
ISE
Brownstone
PC
SCOM
Patience
NR
YCBM
KOHD
L&LD

will be the only songs always on the set IMO.

I'd expect 8-10 new songs a night, and a 2-5 song mix between the songs already put on the set.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 05:19:25 AM »

WTTJ
ISE
Brownstone
PC
SCOM
Patience
NR
YCBM
KOHD
L&LD

will be the only songs always on the set IMO.

I'd expect 8-10 new songs a night, and a 2-5 song mix between the songs already put on the set.

I bloody hope not, theres no Nightrain on that list, swap ISE with Nightrain. then you would have a good setlist

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 05:26:39 AM »

S-S-S-Same.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 06:32:07 AM »

My guess would be that WTTJ and PC are the only "sure things". The rest will be shuffled around.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 06:41:22 AM »

without this songs i can not imagine gnr show

wttj
nighttrain
it's so easy
mr browstone
scom
paradise city
november rain
you could be mine

+ new songs and 2-3 old songs is gnr show after cd

I have never seen so many tree
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 07:10:10 AM »

without this songs i can not imagine gnr show

wttj
nighttrain
it's so easy
mr browstone
scom
paradise city
november rain
you could be mine

+LALD + Patience, i think all those songs will remain and maybe KOHD, they might rotate a few others like, my michelle, rocket queen, etc and hopefully a few more from UYI, with 7-8 new songs on there.  Cool

"to live with fortune and fame"
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 07:22:37 AM »

A lot depends on the rockers on CD. Regardless, I guess we'll be having WTTJ and PC during the shows, probably SCOM as well. Nightrain would likely hang in there, as would YCBM. November Rain might prove to be too long to go with each setlist, plus there might be a new ballad they'd want to throw in every now and then. Still, I agree with the previous poster that they'd probably rotate some AFD tracks to go with the flow every now and then.

ISO, MrB, LALD and KOHD I would not miss.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: