Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 03:26:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt Sorum Recruits Slash, Duff McKagan, Jerry Cantrell To Help Promote Clothing
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt Sorum Recruits Slash, Duff McKagan, Jerry Cantrell To Help Promote Clothing  (Read 13612 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: February 05, 2007, 11:22:45 AM »

VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum recently teamed up with friend Max Noce to launch the Sorum-Noce clothing line. The brand's official web site features photos of a number of rock stars modeling the company's apparel, including Sorum's VR bandmates Slash and Duff McKagan and ALICE IN CHAINS axeman Jerry Cantrell.

Link to website: http://www.sorumnoce.com/

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:18:41 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 11:40:07 AM »

Erm, interesting. That's all I'll say.

Fuck 'Em All.
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 12:39:16 PM »

Undecided Umm aren't Slash Duff n Matt wearing what they usually wear?
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 12:43:51 PM »

Undecided Umm aren't Slash Duff n Matt wearing what they usually wear?

Sure looks like it to me.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 03:18:03 PM »

Well its Matts clothing line.  He's probably designed stuff he'd like to wear, which is likely to be pretty similar to what his friends wear.

Either that or it wasn't worth the effort of trying to make Slash wear something diffrent. Grin
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 08:07:41 PM »

Slash, Matt, Duff, and Jerry all look as cool as ever. Glad we still have some rock stars out there that actually look like rock stars! beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 08:48:53 PM »

So now anyone can own the tophat?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 11:31:45 AM »

SORUM HAS STYLED SLASH FOR YEARS

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2008-02-23

VELVET REVOLVER star MATT SORUM is confident his styling skills will turn his new clothing line venture into a success - he has been designing outfits for bandmate SLASH for years.

The drummer has teamed up with designer Max Noce to create the Sorum Noce clothing line.  The two friends plan to launch the new venture in March (08), a month before opening a new West Hollywood store on Melrose Avenue.

Sorum says he's "always been interested in the idea of rock & roll and fashion," and he's been styling his bandmates for years.  He tells Blabbermouth.net, "I designed a leather jacket especially for Slash that has this special pocket for his Gitanes cigarettes and his lighter. And he loves it.  "We're going to make that available to buy." And former Valentino and Dolce & Gabbana designer Noce is convinced the fashion conscious will be more than impressed with his partner's creations: "As long as I have known him, he has a tremendous eye for style."

http://www.pr-inside.com/sorum-has-styled-slash-for-years-r452605.htm

DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 11:41:04 AM »

no bandanas ?  hihi

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 03:34:59 PM »

Interview: Matt Sorum of Velvet Revolver & Sorum Noce
Fri, 29 Feb 2008

The most fashionable drummer in town

It's an oddly foggy February day in Los Angeles. The sun shines through at various spots in the city, especially along the famous Melrose Avenue. Nestled comfortably in the heart of West Hollywood sits Sorum Noce. It's the new boutique and rock and roll couture line that sees current Velvet Revolver/former Guns N' Roses drummer extraordinaire Matt Sorum partnering up with trend-setting designer Max Noce. Matt sits outside the store, preparing it, before he hits the road again. The shop is located right across the street from Urth Caffe in a very happening section of town. With a smile, Matt laughs, "Everyone is getting jacked up on coffee across the street, and I've seen about 50 people that I haven't seen in a year today!" About the perfect locale, he excitedly continues, "There's a gallery next door. There's a girl that does organic clothes in the back. So, it's cool. Kitson is also moving around the corner this summer."

With Velvet Revolver's immense success and Sorum Noce opening in April, Matt has every reason to be excited. He and Noce have created an edgy, yet classy line of men's clothing that's ready-to-wear backstage at The Forum or at dinner at Cut in the Beverly Wilshire Hotel. The chic designs have a timeless feel, just like Matt's playing does. So not only in the past year did Matt play on Velvet Revolver's phenomenal Libertad, and tour the world, he also began designing this groundbreaking brand. He delved into all of this and more for ARTISTdirect.

You really have a great spot for the store, and the line is fantastic.

Thanks. I'm working with a really cool Italian dude named Max Noce. He used to work with different designers including Dolce & Gabbana. He's up on all of the trends with making fine clothing.

How did the collaboration come about between you two?

I've been hanging out with him for quite a while. We actually worked on the line for the last couple of years. The original idea was just to go out with a kind of wholesale-vibe. We tipped that on a little bit. I've been touring and doing all this other sort of stuff that I do. He opened up this vision of the line and was able to work with that angle. Together, we built it through there. Everybody that has seen it is totally into it, and I've got a lot of friends that want to help?people in the clothing business that I know, as well as rock 'n' rollers, actors and promoters in town. Everybody's willing to help. So it's pretty exciting.

From the looks of who you've gotten to model on your web site, Jerry Cantrell and Slash, it definitely seems like you've got the rock and roll community participating.

Over the years of playing music, I've lived in Hollywood all this time. So now while being at the store, I see so many people I know walking by. The vibe is really good. Jim Marshall, an old rock 'n' roll photographer, I called him and said, "You know Jim, we'd like to use some of your photography in the store." So he sent me some really great stuff?pictures of The Who and Janis Joplin. We're going to have lots of photography and clothing. We're also making furniture, which is high-end, Victorian-Modern as I would call it. That's going to be available for people to buy, too. So that will be exciting.

The whole vibe is really cool. Sorum Noce has got that rock 'n' roll edge, but you have a real sense of refinement. It's really classy at the same time.

Thanks. We're trying to keep it pretty classic. We don't want to look like some kind of dated, rock n' roll thing. It's more about fine men's clothing with an edge?guys that want to go out on the weekend and wear some leather. We also have fine tailored suits. We've done those in beautiful Italian wool. We're doing knitwear, shirts, ties and slacks. It's all cool. The way we mix it up makes it look really classy with a groove on it.

What was your inspiration for designing clothes? Is it tough to find time while doing Velvet Revovler?

I've been busy on the last album and stuff. I think it's from being in the music for as long as I have. I don't want to call it my day job, but I get it done. I play drums and I make music, and that's killer. I have a really great time doing it. I think I've been pretty successful doing that and have had a great career. Of course I'm going to continue, but I'm looking at this as an outside interest that I've wanted to take on. I've wanted to do it for a while. It's a challenge, and also it's an art. It's fun to create. With my partner, we're just having fun designing the store. We're looking at different colors of wallpapers, and we're buying the chandeliers. It's all creative things. That's what we're into: music, art, photography and whatever else.

Complete interview here: http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/news/article/0,,4584599,00.html

Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 05:31:59 PM »

Slash, Matt, Duff, and Jerry all look as cool as ever. Glad we still have some rock stars out there that actually look like rock stars! beer

Yeah, caring about fashion and owning your own label designing clothes is very rock and roll.

This signature is very funny.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 07:46:29 AM »

Interview: Matt Sorum of Velvet Revolver & Sorum Noce
Fri, 29 Feb 2008

Thanks for posting FM - highly amusing article.   Grin  In fact, so many great quotes in it, it's hard to know where to start, or indeed where to stop - so I'll just content myself with this one:

We're doing knitwear, shirts, ties and slacks. It's all cool. The way we mix it up makes it look really classy with a groove on it.

Slacks...cool?  Since when?   Shocked  I can't wait to seeing Slash making a jumper and slacks look "edgy".   hihi

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 12:43:44 AM »

SORUM NOCE GOOD OUTLET FOR MATT SORUM TO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE

July 08, 2008 -

Matt Sorum, perhaps best known as the drummer for Velvet Revolver and formerly of Guns N' Roses as well as The Cult, has unveiled his latest project, Sorum Noce. Sorum Noce, which is a Hollywood boutique started by Sorum and veteran fashion designer and business partner Max Noce, will look to create an elegant, innovative line of rock-inspired men's couture. Just a small sample of some of Sorum's friends who have been seen shopping at Sorum Noce include Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson, Billy Idol, Neil Diamond, Mark McGrath, Billy Morrison (Camp Freddy), Alice In Chains, Appolonia Kotera (shopping for long-time friend Prince) and Rikki Rockett (Poison) to name just a few.

We caught up with Matt Sorum to get his thoughts on Sorum Noce being a good outlet for him and keeps him from getting into trouble during a break in his touring schedule.

"I did it as sort of a way to keep myself out of trouble number one.  When I come home traditionally I get myself in trouble, traditionally.  I don't really know what to do with myself when I get off tour sometimes.  It could take me a few weeks to kind of acclimate.  I think a lot of musicians will tell you that.  Because we move and move and move and move then it's like errt and you're sort of like 'Ok, what just happened?'  Then a lot of times you drink too much and do stupid stuff when you get home.  So, I've always loved clothing and I love dressing.  My closet is massive.  Me and my girlfriend fight for space, believe it or not."

Matt also talked about the idea for Sorum Noce and their West Hollywood Boutique stemming from his love of clothes.

"I love it.  It's a really good outlet for me to express myself on my own.  I think a lot of times when you're in a band you have to deal with all these personalities and me being one of them.  So, my clothing line is me and my partner who is a really cool, mellow Italian guy who is just chill and it's really easy and fun."

Matt also talked about forming the idea for the Sorum Noce Hollywood Boutique with partner, Max Noce.

"I like clothes and I like shoes and that stuff, so I started making my own and I made it about two or three years ago and then I was going to take it out to the stores like Barney's and people like that.  So I met up with a few people and that seemed to be way too overwhelming.  That was like 'Wow, this is like a full time gig, you know.'  So my partner and myself, Max Noce decided, let's get a small space, make it fun, down the street from my house, come hang out and put on some cool music and Rock N Roll memorabilia and some cool stuff on the walls.  It's like a little living room with our wares."

More items, some being modeled by fellow Velvet Revolver band mates, can be seen at the label's website, www.sorumnoce.com

Videos here: http://www.artisannews.com/ans101/templates/?a=5070&z=98

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 09:46:06 AM »

SORUM NOCE LOOKING TO EXPAND TO LAS VEGAS AND MILAN

September 12, 2008

Drummer Matt Sorum is continuing to stay busy while Velvet Revolver continue to search for a replacement for lead vocalist after Scott Weiland?s departure. After the success of the opening of his clothing boutique Sorum Noce in Hollywood earlier this year, Sorum and his partner have plans of expanding to Las Vegas and Milan, Italy. Sorum, who started the clothing line with his partner and fashion designer Max Noce will look to branch out and take Sorum Noce overseas as well as hit the ever growing Vegas market.

We caught up with Matt recently who was in the process of celebrating the success of his clothing line to get his thoughts on expanding Sorum Noce.

"He wants to go to Milan because the Spaghetti's better and it's closer to his mama.  Actually we have been talking about putting a store in Vegas because for retail it's one of the biggest places in the world.  So many people go to Vegas and they either spend their money gambling or shopping for clothes or whatever.  So, we've had some talks with some people about going there so that's very exciting."

Matt Sorum continues to have his hand in multiple projects during Velvet's Revolver down time, producing the debut album for The Darling Stilettos as well as trying to replace the volatile Scott Weiland in Velvet Revolver. Weiland has since returned to Stone Temple Pilots after a much publicized split from Sorum and company. In a recent interview, bassist Duff McKagan dispelled the earlier reports that Royston Langdon, former lead vocalist of Spacehog would be joining the band. As of press time, the search continues, and the band is reportedly working on new material gathering inspiration from their confrontational split from Scott Weiland.

http://www.artisannews.com/ans101/templates/?a=5204&z=98

Pine Barrens
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »

"As long as I have known him, he has a tremendous eye for style."

So we know he met Matt after 1993...  Smiley
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 09:44:13 PM »

It looks like Matt has also recruited Mark McGrath and Billy Idol to promote is clothing line... Cheesy

In the news section:

http://www.sorumnoce.com/main.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 01:46:47 PM »

Thanks to Falcon for the heads-up...

Matt Sorum launched a new Sorum Noce Collection at the Melrose store yesterday.  Attending were Billy Duffy, Billy Morrison, Mark McGrath, Lemmy and Kat Von D.

Here are some photos:

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/d-6eABmn8ZU/Launch+New+Sorum+Noce+Collection/99whV69JW9O/Matt+Sorum

http://www.filmmagic.com/ItemListing.aspx?cgl=365460&evntI=0

11 rockers turned catwalk queens

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/11-rockers-turned-catwalk-queens-200832

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 05:47:13 PM »

VELVET REVOLVER Drummer MATT SORUM Debuts New SORUM NOCE Collection In Hollywood - Mar. 27, 2009

The new Sorum Noce collection of elegant, innovative rock-inspired couture was introduced last night at a packed reception at the Melrose Ave. boutique in West Hollywood, California. The event was hosted by Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES, THE CULT) and new partner, designer Tony Sartino, as well as Mia Heldt. The new line of Sorum Noce (Nothing Original Comes Easy) includes suits, vests, shirts, leather and suede jackets, along with custom hats by Gunner Foxx and custom shoes by Esquivel. The store is adorned with classic rock 'n' roll photos by legendary photographer Jim Marshall.

An array of musicians and celebrities were on hand last night at the year-old store including: Lemmy Kilmister (MOT?RHEAD), Benmont Tench (TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS), Russell Mael (SPARKS), Billy Duffy (THE CULT), Kat Von D, Mark McGrath, Billy Morrison (CAMP FREDDY), fashion designer Henry Duarte, actor/musician Michael Des Barres, musician Elijah Blue, drummer Kenny Aronoff, TV personality Pat O'Brien, designer/television personality Jeffrey Sebelia ("Project Runway"), Sam Adams III ("ER", "Smallville"), actor Michael Wincott, DARLING STILETTOS' Ace Harper, Lindsey Thomas and Gina Katon, producer/songwriter K.O. "The Legend", model Angela Celi, actor Jose Yenque, model Lesa Amoore and actor/model Raphi Kammer.

Check out photos from Zimbio, Film Magic.

Since the suit and tie era of THE KINKS and THE ROLLING STONES early years, rock and roll and fashion have walked arm and arm. From trendsetters like David Bowie and Bryan Ferry to leather clad icons THE RAMONES and AEROSMITH through to today's stars, attitude and imagination have always helped define and refine modern style.

The Sorum Noce boutique is located at 8568 ? Melrose Avenue (across from the Urth Caff?).

For more information, visit www.sorumnoce.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=117007

gnr2k6
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 02:58:32 AM »

i take it max noce no longer is part???
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 12:36:32 PM »

i take it max noce no longer is part???

As far as I know Max is still involved..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: