Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:25:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  how long is tentative indeed tentative?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: how long is tentative indeed tentative?  (Read 5488 times)
axlisking
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007, 09:19:43 AM »

its been done for years but its not coming out any year soon
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 09:56:45 AM »

Axl did say he would notify fans as soon as he became aware of any delay. ?The fact that there is no single and we have heard no informationw ould suggest that the album has been significantly delayed. ?I love GNR and feel that Axl has earned the right to live his life however he wants. ?My only gripe is I wish he wasnt dishonest or at least more open with his fans. ?If Axl just wants to tour and go to parties, thats great, but just say "we have no plans for when to release the album itll be out when its out." ?That would be so much better.

However, GNR isnt losing fans, people who leave these boards or who stop checking news will still buy the album. ?The problem is they are losing the opportunity to get new fans. ?With every birthday Axl has his distance in age from the mainstream cd buying audience grows. ?The album could sell 1 copy, as long as its to me I wouldnt care, it wouldnt change the music, but I love this band and just how people hated seeing Jordan go out on a losing wizards team, i dont want Axl to go down with a flop.

My hope is that either he would release the album or make no promises, because its just disappointing.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2007, 12:01:56 PM »

yeah. it would be great if every year the do something like this...

The album isnt coming out this year!
However, we plan to do a few shows here and there.
And MAYBE next year you'd get the album..

that way people wouldnt be holding their breath in vain.
loose the secrecy let us know what's going on.

and I dont mean, "we went to the bathroom" kind of stuff..
but mere bits of information.

are you recording, are you mixing, are you relaxing, are you touring, and who's in the band.
that ought of cover it.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2007, 12:14:02 PM »

how long after the tentative date, is tentative indeed tentative, and after how long does "tentative" become only a smokescreen?

how many months post a tentative date is ineed "unexpected problems", and how long after the tentative date does it become, just another lie?
and this is not suposed to be a bash festival, just a sort of a poll to see where everyones expectations are.

personally, 4 months delay is tentative imo(and that's a streatch), after that it's a lie.

no commercials for the album, no propaganda dude... it can't be out the 6 march.
nobody has received the album, no radio commercials , nothing.

So it can't be out in march 6th...

the lack of communication is really starting to make me sick. I'm tired. always waiting something that never appens.

I think GNR is dead now in my mind. . .
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 12:16:58 PM by MrBrOwNsToNeR » Logged

Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2007, 12:23:32 PM »

Soon mean 7 and counting, so tentative is anywhere between that and 10!

Jonx
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2007, 12:33:04 PM »

It seems as though "tentative" is just another word for "indefinite" ??   Huh

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
P014r
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »

how long after the tentative date, is tentative indeed tentative, and after how long does "tentative" become only a smokescreen?

how many months post a tentative date is ineed "unexpected problems", and how long after the tentative date does it become, just another lie?
and this is not suposed to be a bash festival, just a sort of a poll to see where everyones expectations are.

personally, 4 months delay is tentative imo(and that's a streatch), after that it's a lie.

no commercials for the album, no propaganda dude... it can't be out the 6 march.
nobody has received the album, no radio commercials , nothing.

So it can't be out in march 6th...

the lack of communication is really starting to make me sick. I'm tired. always waiting something that never appens.

I think GNR is dead now in my mind. . .

LOL getmad
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2007, 12:49:22 PM »

Axl did say he would notify fans as soon as he became aware of any delay. 

source?

That letter also says that we would be notified when they knew it would be delayed and not meet the march 6 date.

What's actually said is that we will be notified when they have a new date. prolly an official one.
geez how many time I said this.

Go read the letter again. He said we would ALSO be notified if the album is DELAYED if it doesn't meet the 3-6-07 date.

"Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. "

so I guess you'll be quoting it even more in the future.

ya you're probably right.

And he said he was going to do everything in his (their) power to meet that march 6th date, and once the "tentative" date is made official we would be notified, and if there was a delay we would also be the first to know. It takes 8 weeks, its gone past that and we have heard nothing.

what takes 8 weeks and where did he say we would be the first to know? exact words.

If you don't like speculation you might want to stay away from the boards because without anything official, that's all anyone has here.

Speculation is ok in my book as far as it's distinguished from fact.

Unfortunately some people love to take speculation as fact, put the words into others mouth and then call them a liar.

I gather people are not encouraged in such acts on this board.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2007, 07:14:40 PM »

It seems as though "tentative" is just another word for "indefinite" ??   Huh

Usually I'd say that if it was a more general date.

In this case, I'd say March 6 can be tentative until March 5.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: