Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:13:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  how long is tentative indeed tentative?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: how long is tentative indeed tentative?  (Read 5501 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 03:14:34 PM »

early spring~spring.

how many months post a tentative date is ineed "unexpected problems", and how long after the tentative date does it become, just another lie?

personally, 4 months delay is tentative imo(and that's a streatch), after that it's a lie.

where is a lie?
The date wasn't a promise, a lie or a guarantee. what the letter assures us is that they try hard to make it.
You don't call it a lie when you unfortunately miss your target.

i guess 2007 will be the year when GNR brings the rest of the world (south africa, africa, middle east, australia, asia) what we the US and europe got in 2006

GREAT PLAN !!!!

Fair and impartial. yes
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 04:04:18 PM »

That letter also says that we would be notified when they knew it would be delayed and not meet the march 6 date.

If we hear nothing before 3-6- 07 and the album isn't released it wil be a huge slap in the face to the fans. Just as disrespectful as the 13 tuesdays left. Axl will have lost all credibility if the 6th passes and nothing is said.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:06:50 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 04:13:30 PM »

WHAT?!

I don't think that he will lose any credibility. The date was a tentative one, nothing more. It was a gesture of interacting with the fans and giving them some infos that were right at that time and maybe still are right.
You have to remember that the tour was ending, Merck got fired, the last concerts were getting cancelled and a lot of stuff maybe going on of what we weren't aware.

We just do not know what is going on inside of the band and management, but they weren't sitting on their butts and analyzing stupid crap just like some of us on fan boards are doing.

It is time to calm down and to wait for the next piece of news the GNR camp will give us. I am so sick and tired of posts like "If the CD didn't make it to the stores at that date - I am finished with GN'R" - yeah, a true GN'R fan. I think GN'R will be better off without such stuff.

D'you know what I am going to do? I will relax now and drink a beer on Mr. Rose's birthday.  yes

Oh yeah, just to answer the topic's question: tentative is tentative for the time a release date hasn't been announced rofl
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:15:39 PM by mj23 » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 04:35:08 PM »

That letter also says that we would be notified when they knew it would be delayed and not meet the march 6 date.

What's actually said is that we will be notified when they have a new date. prolly an official one.
geez how many time I said this.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 05:07:01 PM »

What's actually said is that we will be notified when they have a new date. prolly an official one.

Go read the letter again. He said we would ALSO be notified if the album is DELAYED if it doesn't meet the 3-6-07 date.

I don't think that he will lose any credibility. The date was a tentative one, nothing more.

He will lose all credibility if the date passes and there is nothing said.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 05:24:18 PM by misterID » Logged

VolcomStone
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 05:59:18 PM »

who says he has any credibility left?  nobody really cares about this band anymore.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 06:03:54 PM »

VolcomStone if so why you care. I'd appreciate if you wouldn't.

Go read the letter again. He said we would ALSO be notified if the album is DELAYED if it doesn't meet the 3-6-07 date.

"Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. "

and how many times have I quoted this.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 06:08:54 PM »

who says he has any credibility left?? nobody really cares about this band anymore.

You do know what board you're on, right?    Huh
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007, 06:20:05 PM »

VolcomStone if so why you care. I'd appreciate if you wouldn't.

"Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. "

and how many times have I quoted this.

It's how you choose to respond to almost every thread so I guess you'll be quoting it even more in the future. And he said he was going to do everything in his (their) power to meet that march 6th date, and once the "tentative" date is made official we would be notified, and if there was a delay we would also be the first to know. It takes 8 weeks, its gone past that and we have heard nothing.

Now, I'm not privy to what's going on inside GNR right now, and it could be the album has already been turned over, but going on what he said I'm guessing it hasn't, because all we have to go on is speculation. If you don't like speculation you might want to stay away from the boards because without anything official, that's all anyone has here.

Like I said, I'm giving him to march 6th, and I'm positive we'll hear something before march 5th, but if we don't its going to be a hail storm around here. 

Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 06:22:24 PM »

no longer than 2 months

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 06:41:55 PM »

"Tentative" is indeed "tentative" until March 6 comes and goes with no album OR updated announcement/release date...
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 01:52:04 AM »

People here sure are loyal no matter how many times Axl screws you over with false hope. It's really to bad that Axl doesn't have the same loyalty towards any of us. He couldn't care less. Those are my feelings.

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 02:42:45 AM »

People here sure are loyal no matter how many times Axl screws you over with false hope. It's really to bad that Axl doesn't have the same loyalty towards any of us. He couldn't care less. Those are my feelings.

Why do you think Axl has no loyalty towards the fans? I think the tour proved us alot..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 02:51:03 AM »

somewhere between 1 month and NEVER hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 02:51:34 AM »

Why do you think Axl has no loyalty towards the fans? I think the tour proved us alot..

U are a noob right?

Where have u been the last 10 years?

Axl in my opinion has loyalty only to himself and maybe Beta.

Look how quick he threw buckethead under the bus when bucket left or was fired...............

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
2007what!
Banned
Rocker

Shut Up And Be A Victim Of Authority

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 02:53:54 AM »

This alleged album is the biggest bunch of Bullshit to ever go down in music history. I'm confident that this will be the album that NEVER WAS.

this is the kind of bullshit that doesn't really deserve answering but i'll say this:
i look forward to people like you eating your own words when CD is everywhere, but don't come kissing axl's ass after, hypocrite.

you can find him at the pub with the grub stain chuggin on a small tub of pain to his bugged brain
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2007, 02:56:17 AM »

U are a noob right?

Where have u been the last 10 years?

Axl in my opinion has loyalty only to himself and maybe Beta.

Look how quick he threw buckethead under the bus when bucket left or was fired...............

No I'm not a nood, I've been here about 6 years now. A fan of Gn'R a little longer. But even if I'd be a "noob" I'd clearly see that Axl has loyalty to us. I don't care if you can't see it.. or maybe you do see it, you just don't want to.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
dizzy68
Banned
Rocker

Here Forever!

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2007, 03:02:58 AM »

This alleged album is the biggest bunch of Bullshit to ever go down in music history. I'm confident that this will be the album that NEVER WAS.

this is the kind of bullshit that doesn't really deserve answering but i'll say this:
i look forward to people like you eating your own words when CD is everywhere, but don't come kissing axl's ass after, hypocrite.

What happens to the people like you when 10 years from now there is still no CD? Dude look at history and learn from it.

HOT GIRL VIDEO HERE
Click here to check her out.
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2007, 03:21:02 AM »

What happens to the people like you when 10 years from now there is still no CD? Dude look at history and learn from it.

I will tell you:

I will be sitting in my garden and listen to all the songs that have been released by now and enjoy them. And yes, I will go like: "Damn, what if they had ever released that album, that would have been great!"
But this is only theoretical, because I still believe in CD coming. I don't know if it is coming in March. Maybe it ain't coming even this year. But I don't care. I have written that so many times that the band has to do whatever they think is right. If they need some stuff to be re-recorded. Let them do that. It is THEIR album, not ours!!! THEY have to feel comfortable with in the first place.

I prefer having a perfect album, perfect for the band and by that perfect for the real fans. Not an album that has 2 good songs and the rest is shit, just like other bands do it nowadays.

You can call me whatever but I believe in the band and I believe in certain things.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2007, 06:34:06 AM »

I wish I had a girlfriend as naive as some people around here...

Me:"No, I wasnt cheating! I was just testing my self, to see how much I indeed love you"... "See... she doesnt mean anything to me."

Her:"Oh, nevermind honey, I know how much you love me"

Me: "Yeah, and I'll find another one just to prove how insignificant they are"

Her: "I love you"

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: